Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How did we miss this latest Bachmann lunacy?

Yes, she's leaving office and she's being investigated by three or four federal agencies, but it's stunning that an elected official says such profoundly insane things.

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) believes that we're living in the End Times -- and she claims to have proof.

In an interview Saturday with Jan Markell on the Christian radio program "Understanding the Times," Bachmann accused President Barack Obama of giving aid to terrorists. This, she says, is solid evidence that we have entered the Last Days.

“President Obama waived a ban on arming terrorists in order to allow weapons to go to the Syrian opposition,” Bachmann said. “Your listeners, U.S. taxpayers, are now paying to give arms to terrorists including al Qaeda.”

She continued: This happened, and as of today, the United States is willingly, knowingly, intentionally sending arms to terrorists, now what this says to me, I’m a believer in Jesus Christ, as I look at the End Times scripture, this says to me that the leaf is on the fig tree and we are to understand the signs of the times, which is your ministry, we are to understand where we are in God’s end time history. As Right Wing Watch's Brian Tashman points out, Bachmann -- who has previously spoken of the second coming of Christ -- was stretching the truth in her accusations against Obama.

"The Minnesota congresswoman referred to a decision by the Obama administration to allow vetted Syrian rebels not affiliated with terrorist organizations to help them resist chemical weapons attacks, which was spurred by the Syrian regime’s use of chemical weapons on civilians," Tashman wrote. "While the administration’s move is only related to non-lethal, defensive and protective aid, Bachmann falsely claimed that 'President Obama waived a ban on selling arms to terrorists.'"

Still, though Bachmann may, according to "Understanding the Times," feel that "the baton of global leadership has been passed by America to the Mullahs, the Marxist world, and other dark forces," she says she's still very upbeat about the whole situation.

“Rather than seeing this as a negative, we need to rejoice, Maranatha, come Lord Jesus, His day is at hand,” Bachmann said. “When we see up is down and right is called wrong, when this is happening, we were told this: that these days would be as the days of Noah.”

by Anonymousreply 1510/14/2013

The arming terrorists pert is old news. We've been doing that since the end of WWII.

by Anonymousreply 110/12/2013

Life is easy for the simple-minded.

by Anonymousreply 210/12/2013

Rachel didn't miss it.

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2013

We didn't miss it, r3. That same article has been posted in at least 4 different threads these past few days.

Nobody cares about Bachmann or her fig leaf. It's non-news.

by Anonymousreply 410/12/2013

Bill Maher said that her knowing that Jesus is returning was the first time she's ever seen a man come.

by Anonymousreply 510/12/2013

Shit, that's funny, R5.

by Anonymousreply 610/12/2013

Well, Michelle will be at least partially right. It will be End Times for some people.

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2013

She's losing it, and it couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

Normally, I don't mock the mentally ill, but for her I'll make an exception.

by Anonymousreply 810/13/2013

Nah, still can't do it, R8. It's easy to be kind to people we already like. This woman is clearly having a psychotic break and it's all downhill from here.

by Anonymousreply 910/13/2013

damn

by Anonymousreply 1010/13/2013

She's a scary cunt

by Anonymousreply 1110/13/2013

End of Times. For her.

by Anonymousreply 1210/13/2013

What do you mean "we", kemosabe?

by Anonymousreply 1310/13/2013

It is the end of times, for her career. She's just projecting.

by Anonymousreply 1410/13/2013

I remember a scripture mentioning almond trees blossoming. If only a few did you don't get all thrilled that spring is here and the point was that you have to have all the almond trees bloom before the end would come. Something about all the signs that point to the end would have to be fulfilled but I don't remember anything about the end and fig trees. I'll ask my Meemaw. She knows all about Armageddon and Jesus's words. Obviously Ms Bachman does not.

by Anonymousreply 1510/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.