Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Frauen who walk into an elevator and "announce" the floor they expect someone to push for them.

I was visiting a sick friend at a hospital today and this woman just walked into the elevator and into the air said "8 please." I just looked at her... eventually she sighed and pushed it herself.

by Anonymousreply 9610/22/2013

LOL too good

by Anonymousreply 110/11/2013

Douchebag frat guys on cell phones do this shit too.

I had one a few weeks ago, and did the same thing you did. I just stood there.

Push your own fucking button dumb ass!!

by Anonymousreply 310/11/2013

What frat, R3?

by Anonymousreply 410/11/2013

Um, I don't know what frat...just guys who act like douchecicles.

by Anonymousreply 510/11/2013

Maybe she works there

by Anonymousreply 610/11/2013

Were you closer to the button? That's the one who is supposed to push the button.

by Anonymousreply 810/11/2013

R7, put down the cocktail, R2 and R3 were not the same person.

by Anonymousreply 1010/11/2013

If I get on an elevator and someone is standing so close to the control panel they can reach the buttons more easily than I can, OF COURSE I tell them what floor I am going to.

My standard is whether I'd be able to smell their toothpaste.

by Anonymousreply 1210/11/2013

I've had men and women both ask me this question.

I find the general rule to be that if people are standing in front of the buttons/ the elevator is fairly full to full, there's nothing wrong with asking this. It's more awkward to maneuver around someone standing there.

Just yesterday I got on the elevator at work, it was staring to get full and I found myself standing right in front of the buttons, this lady squeezes on at the next floor and awkwardly stretches her arm around and in front of us just to push the button. I had to step back and bump into the person behind me so she wouldn't accidentally graze my crotch.

I would have been a lot less fuss if she'd asked me to push the button for her.

In short, this is a gender-unspecific phenomena and sometime the social situation calls for it to be the most logical course of action.

by Anonymousreply 1310/11/2013

How in the hell some of you manage to get through the day is beyond me.

Let the resentment go, and you might enjoy your life a bit more.

by Anonymousreply 1410/11/2013

Don't some elevator manufacturers offer high-tech voice-recognition for floor selection in addition to the low-tech buttons?

Did I dream this?

by Anonymousreply 1510/11/2013

I never stand near the control buttons. I'm not the elevator jockey.

People try to get out of touching the filthy buttons.

Power tripping losers tell people what floor to push.

by Anonymousreply 1610/11/2013

OP, next time try to dress a little less like an elevator operator.

by Anonymousreply 1710/11/2013

I think it's the little hat with the strap R17.

I work in a neighborhood that has to have more entitled people (men and women) per capita then any other place in NY, and I have yet to encounter this. If this goes on I'm quite surprised they haven't adapted it yet.

If somebody gets on an elevator after me and I'm standing in front of the panel, I [italic]ask them[/italic] what floor they would like. Am I the only one who does this?

by Anonymousreply 1910/11/2013

No I ask to. How some people on this board make it past lunch without killing themselves is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 2010/11/2013

I do that too, R19. And if I have to ask someone to push the button for me because I can't reach it, I say (with a smile) "Could you please press 6 for me? Thank you!".

by Anonymousreply 2110/11/2013

Dude, people usually do that because YOU'RE STANDING BY THE BUTTONS. I bet you're even crowding the buttons, like they belong to you. Either step the fuck away from the buttons or shut the fuck up and press the requested button, you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 2210/11/2013

OP is a megacunt! But funny.

by Anonymousreply 2310/11/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2410/12/2013

I press the elevator buttons with the head of my dick, r24.

by Anonymousreply 2510/12/2013

R24 I use a pencil, just like I do with the phone.

by Anonymousreply 2610/12/2013

I usually ask what floor someone wants if I am pressing the button for my floor, too.

It is those people who don't say thank you or even acknowledge when you hold a door open that piss me off.

by Anonymousreply 2710/12/2013

OP deserves to meet the same fate as Rosalind Shays.

by Anonymousreply 2810/12/2013

[quote]The older and shorter a woman is, the more likely she will push to be the first in, and rush to be the first out.

Are you in China?

by Anonymousreply 2910/12/2013

r28 That bitch deserved her one way ride.

by Anonymousreply 3010/12/2013

OP wonders why he never gets invited to parties.

by Anonymousreply 3110/12/2013

The bitter betties on DL are worse than the frauen they mock. It's no wonder so many of you bitches will be stuck in Accounts Payable until retirement; all your energy is wasted on petty resentments and projections rather than on building your own lives.

by Anonymousreply 3210/12/2013

DL Daytime Crew:

You care to weigh in on the Great Elevator Button Pushing Outrage?

by Anonymousreply 3310/12/2013

In my office building, everyone understands that the person standing by the buttons will ask, "Floor?" or "Where you headed?" or just turn and give an expectant look with their hand up at the buttons. This is helpful when you are toting a a laptop, lunch bag and have a coffee cup in hand, and don't want to lean in and dump it all on the person standing right by the buttons.

It's called civilization.

by Anonymousreply 3410/12/2013

Etiquette dictates that the person closest to the buttons should push them. If that were you, OP, then you are the rude bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3510/12/2013

OP, are you male?

You have my total compassion. You should never be mistreated by a stranger in public.

This is totally unfair. Perhaps you should start a petition. Your plight is intolerable.

by Anonymousreply 3610/12/2013

What R8 said.

If I'm in front of the buttons, I'll ask the person who gets on "What floor?" and I get a "Thank you" for it. If they're in front of them, I say the number and "please." Thank goodness I've yet to encounter some of you prissy queens who go off about the most innocuous things.

It's one thing if the person is rude about it, but Christ, learn how to live in a civilized society. Not everything is about "entitlement," especially if the person said "please."

by Anonymousreply 3710/12/2013

Regardless if they say please or not, I do dislike the expectation that people think one person is obligated to press the floor button for them. When I get on an elevator, I push my button and stand back. There have been times when I see people do the same damn thing, so I know they are just like me - independent. Of course, there are many times when polite people ask 'Which floor?' and I thankfully tell them the number and thank them. I did this a few times and it's ok when I'm in the mood.

But when I get on an elevator and it's just me and some other person and she/he expects me to push the button for them, I pretend I didn't hear them. Press your own button especially when it's not crowded. It only takes 1.5 seconds to lean in after that person and press the button yourself.

by Anonymousreply 3810/12/2013

How you must suffer, 38.

I'm so glad I don't give a shit about pushing an elevator button. My life is generally peaceful, and I have more freedom to contemplate beauty.

by Anonymousreply 3910/12/2013

It's not an obligation, it's a common courtesy.

by Anonymousreply 4010/12/2013

I'm so glad I don't need a flowchart for my elevator ride.

by Anonymousreply 4110/12/2013

R32, accounts payables does consist of some odd ducks. It's a sad situation when receivables are the cool kids.

by Anonymousreply 4310/12/2013

Good lord, 44 posts on this?

Buttons, buttons, buttons!

by Anonymousreply 4510/12/2013

Good manners are little more than a series of small sacrifices.

Manners are... never mind.

by Anonymousreply 4610/12/2013

If asking a stranger to push an elevator button has that kind of power over their day, I'm totally going to start doing this now.

by Anonymousreply 4710/12/2013

What R14 said. If someone is nearer the buttons, anyone can and should ask "Could you push xxxxx please?" What's the freakin' big deal?

by Anonymousreply 4810/12/2013

I think you missed the point, r47. It's the absurdity.

by Anonymousreply 4910/12/2013

Exactly, r48!

by Anonymousreply 5010/12/2013

r42 -- Careful, your assumptions about who posts here are showing ….

by Anonymousreply 5110/12/2013

r52 is a fucked up cunt then….

by Anonymousreply 5310/12/2013

I can picture Uncle Bottom when a hot guy gets on. "Going down?"

by Anonymousreply 5410/12/2013

You're pathetic, OP.

Have some manners.

by Anonymousreply 5510/12/2013

Whip out your cock and say, "How about TEN?!"

by Anonymousreply 5610/12/2013

well, it's easy to tell on this thread - as usual - who the fish are who also engage in the behavior OP describes. They attack the OP when called out. It is the estrogen and matriarchal hegemony at work.

by Anonymousreply 5710/12/2013

R22, love your reply. This is beyond retarded. Heaven forbid someone needs OP to call 911.

by Anonymousreply 5810/12/2013

r44 is Roger Octopus.

by Anonymousreply 6010/12/2013

"I'm holding a casserole for the Women's Leadership luncheon and can't push the god damned thing myself, you moron!"

by Anonymousreply 6110/12/2013

A lot can be blamed on Frauen, but lordie, OP, you're a delicate little flower if you can't press a fucking button.

Maybe get your fat ass out of the way and she can press it herself?

by Anonymousreply 6210/12/2013

[quote]Regardless if they say please or not, I do dislike the expectation that people think one person is obligated to press the floor button for them. When I get on an elevator, I push my button and stand back. There have been times when I see people do the same damn thing, so I know they are just like me - independent. Of course, there are many times when polite people ask 'Which floor?' and I thankfully tell them the number and thank them. I did this a few times and it's ok when I'm in the mood.

But when I get on an elevator and it's just me and some other person and she/he expects me to push the button for them, I pretend I didn't hear them. Press your own button especially when it's not crowded. It only takes 1.5 seconds to lean in after that person and press the button yourself.

Independent? Sweetheart, you are a prisoner of your own mind if you can generate that many thoughts about when and where and how it's okay to press a fucking button.

This thread really does make me wonder how some of you ever leave your homes without suffering a nervous collapse.

by Anonymousreply 6310/12/2013

This thread is another "Whole Foods/Woman puts hand in salad bar" scenario, and yet again, we expose the untrained monkeys in our midst.

by Anonymousreply 6510/12/2013

This is one of the stupidest DL threads in a while. Congrats, OP.

by Anonymousreply 6610/12/2013

Because the pussy has no power over gay men, we are not subject to putting up with our sisters' quirks and foibles, and thus have less patience for what we may see as games and entitlements.

by Anonymousreply 7010/12/2013

Equating what floor you're going to with pussy power is the height of lunacy.

Some of you may not be able to grasp that, but when you reach a state of enlightenment at least you won't have to be surprized about everything.

by Anonymousreply 7110/12/2013

I guarantee you that the OP was cursing women and defending the asshole men who spread out and hog seats on the train when that thread was around.

by Anonymousreply 7210/12/2013

R69 - that's a period of like...6-7 years, at MOST. No one is chasing some 45 year old cube frau.

by Anonymousreply 7310/12/2013

I have the opposite happen. The entitled short shrewish stylishly dressed woman marches onto the elevator with no concern for the control panel. I say, "What floor?" and she muscles everyone out of the way to push the button herself because the alternative, acknowledging me by telling me what floor, is apparently too much of a status check to her dignity. Indeed, she acts as if I stalked her when all I have to do to see where she's going is wait for her to press the button.

by Anonymousreply 7510/12/2013

73, older man would hook up with a 45 yo if given the chance.

Pussy is golden.

71 is right. You should be a decent human irrespective of a person's demographics. That's what the gay movement is about...accepting every aspect of the rainbow.

by Anonymousreply 7710/12/2013

That's why I make SURE the entitled short shrewish stylishly dressed women SEE me press the elevator buttons with my dick.

They can never win with their futile attempts to emasculate me!

by Anonymousreply 7910/12/2013

None of this would happen if they just brought back the elevator operator guy with the cute little elevator operator hat.

by Anonymousreply 8010/12/2013

On the eighth floor of that particular hospital is the Pediatric Cancer Ward. But, yeah, she's the cunty one.

by Anonymousreply 8110/12/2013

I think r70 (me) meant that statement in general about gay men and straight women, and not specific to this particular Elevator-button Selection Tsuris.

by Anonymousreply 8310/12/2013

It's funny because I am a middle-aged woman and if I am near the elevator buttons I always ask the person entering the elevator what floor they want. If someone does the same for me I always tell them "thank you". Weird, I never knew this as controversial.

by Anonymousreply 8510/12/2013

Geez people, if you just shart in your pants you can have the elevator all to yourself. Then the button-pushing issue ceases to be a problem.

by Anonymousreply 8710/12/2013

When I get on an elevator, I immediately stand by the control panel. I'm a woman. Any security expert will tell you to do this so that you can push emergency buttons, just in case. Also, if I get on an elevator and a man is standing by the panel, I ask him to push the button as I move to the opposite side. It's for my personal safety. You can't just practice caution on occasion; boarding an elevator is a dangerous moment for any woman.

Those of you who get upset over women doing this obviously don't realize they're doing it for their safety. When I get on an elevator, I want to ensure that I get off of it. If you don't want to push buttons for others, step away from the control panel. It's that simple.

Some of you are so bitter and nasty, I wonder what your problem is.

by Anonymousreply 8810/12/2013

I have never had a problem pushing a fucking button for someone in an elevator when asked. It's just simple common courtesy. If I'm standing by the buttons and someone gets on then I'll ask them "which floor?" It's not that hard.

by Anonymousreply 8910/12/2013

I push the buttons with the end of my dick.

by Anonymousreply 9010/12/2013

When I'm by the buttons in a crowded elevator and someone rudely asks me to push their floor, I just smile at that person and say, "Bonjour! Bonjour! Bonjouuuuuuur!" And then I tip my head to the side a little.

It always fucks them up big time.

by Anonymousreply 9110/12/2013

Man, oh, man, the lot of you just look for confrontation.

by Anonymousreply 9210/12/2013

R88, you're as weird as the so-called men in here. I'm a woman and have never given a second's thought to my safety when boarding an elevator. Neither have I ever thought twice about pushing a button for someone when asked, or imagined that the queen standing next to the control panel was secretly boiling with rage because I asked him to push a button for me.

by Anonymousreply 9310/12/2013

I always ask for a quarter to push someone's button.

by Anonymousreply 9410/12/2013

I don't know if I'm overly polite or just a control freak, but if no one else has done so, I try to position myself near the elevator control panel and use the DOOR OPEN button to hold the door open when people enter and/or leave. If other people are leaving on the same floor as I (or when we get to the main floor and everyone is exiting), I always hold the door open until the last person (other than myself) is out, and then hold the door open with my hand until the first person for the next trip enters.

by Anonymousreply 9510/12/2013

Last week I rolled my eyes at this thread but then IT HAPPENED TO ME!!

I wouldn't call her a Frau, she was more like a cracked out whore, but I work in a building with a lot of law firms and you never know who's going to show up in the elevator. I've never seen her before so I'm guessing she was a client.

Description: somewhere between 18 and 60, but I'm guessing she was a pretty busted up 40. White woman, gaunt, overly tanned, overly processed stringy "blonde" hair, trashy looking clothes (ratty jeans--not fashionably weathered but old and dirty).

I'm waiting for the elevator and vaguely aware that someone has shuffled nearby to wait as well. I get in first because I was right there, she ambles in behind me and mumbles something as I push my floor.

I step away and realize a Datalounge frau-ism is unfolding before me. "Excuse me?" "Twenty-fhyscn". This whole time she's head down absorbed with her smart phone.

Since I still had no idea what she said and the elevator was already moving, I said "I'm sorry"? She looks up at me, cackles, and yells "TWENTY THREE!" Now, at this point we have each claimed a corner of the elevator. We're more or less equidistant from the button panel. I look at her, she cackles again, and I push the 23 button. Her head is back down in her phone before I've even returned to my spot (as far from her as I could get).

Weird. I wouldn't say it was just self-entitlement as she was quite "off" besides that. Drunk or high, or coming down. This was at 8:55 am.

by Anonymousreply 9610/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!