Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Walking Dead - Season 4

What will happen to our scrappy band of survivors next?

Starting Sunday!

Get your bats, cross bows and samurai swords ready!

by Anonymousreply 60110/29/2013

They were last in the prison with the remnants of the Governor's town.

by Anonymousreply 110/11/2013

The word on the street is that Rick dies in the second episode.

by Anonymousreply 210/12/2013

All I know is that I need to see some Daryl Dixon. I've been missing that hottie all Summer long. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2013

R2 He better not fucking die! He's the main character and I just love his sexy self.

by Anonymousreply 410/12/2013

If Shane were still around, I wouldn't mind at all if Rick were killed.

But considering how few of the original characters are still around (and how poorly they've introduced the few added in s2+s3), I can't see anything happening to Rick.

by Anonymousreply 510/12/2013

You know the governor will show up again. I hate that crazy fucker.

by Anonymousreply 610/12/2013

My fantasy foursome. Me, Rick, Daryl and Glen. Hot stuff baby this evening...

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2013

I need the governor to die by the second episode to make me give a shit about this season. Enough of his sorry ass, already.

Am I the only one who thinks Rick and Michonne might have an interesting dynamic going on?

by Anonymousreply 810/12/2013

I don't know if I'm going to bother tuning in this time. Michonne didn't get enough screen time last season and I don't like that there's a baby.

by Anonymousreply 910/12/2013

Already major differences to the book. By this point Hershel and all his kids but Maggie (he had many more in the books), Carol and baby Judith are dead and they're enroute to DC. But, then again, Sophia and Andrea didn't die in the books, so who knows.

by Anonymousreply 1010/12/2013

R9 Damn babies fuck up everything. Oughta be a law!

by Anonymousreply 1110/12/2013

The only thing about Rick gonna die is his black woman cherry when Michonne decides to pop it.

by Anonymousreply 1210/12/2013

Still no gay characters? Did the zombies just eat all the gays?

by Anonymousreply 1310/12/2013

They tasted like fresh-baked cookies.

by Anonymousreply 1410/12/2013

I was hoping during Season 1 that the Daryl character was going to be revealed to be gay but now he's too popular among the Frau's and Str8 boyz, so it'll never happen. If they ever do bring gays into it they will be introduced and used as "walker fodder" an episode or two later.

by Anonymousreply 1510/12/2013

I just hope they're finally over the whole "Rick is useless and still seeing his dead wife" bullshit. God that was tedious and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 1610/12/2013

The Governor will definitely be around. It's the only reason the actor who plays him signed up -- if he was guaranteed for at least 2 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 1710/12/2013

A favorite from "Southland" will be playing a major character

by Anonymousreply 1810/12/2013

That Season 4 sneak preview that was on last night (or at least that my DVR recorded last night) was kind of good.

One thing to note - at least from the way they edited the clips, it looks like there will be much more diversity in the cast this season. Of course it's possible the several new black faces in the preview will just be characters they can kill off, but I'll bet they have listened to some of the comments/complaints of viewers about the show being too "white."

by Anonymousreply 1910/12/2013

[quote] Still no gay characters?

Didn't Carol say she was a lesbian? That is what she told one of the prisoners

by Anonymousreply 2010/12/2013

No R20, a Southern fried prisoner told her basically he didn't have a chance with her since she was a lesbian (because of the short hair). She kind of laughed it off and said, I'm not a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 2110/12/2013

I wanna be a walker so I can eat Daryl.

by Anonymousreply 2210/12/2013

I sort of took the African American woman for a lesbian. I thought she was the lover of the blonde woman who died. No one else got that vibe?

by Anonymousreply 2310/12/2013

Yes R23, that was mentioned in the two Season 3 threads last year. Michonne and Andrea certainly came off like a couple. In fact Michonne practically acted like a jilted lover all season because Andrea decided to stay with the Governor.

Too bad the writers ruined the Andrea character. They wrote themselves into a corner and the character had to pay the ultimate price.

by Anonymousreply 2410/12/2013

[quote]If they ever do bring gays into it they will be introduced and used as "walker fodder" an episode or two later.

Milton (the nerdy science dude who worked for -- and was ultimately killed by -- the Governor) was gay.

Iirc, the actor is, too.

by Anonymousreply 2510/13/2013

And wasn't Milton gay?

by Anonymousreply 2810/13/2013

I've never understood Andrea and Michonne's friendship.

Andrea was NOT a good friend to Michonne, so I have no clue as to why she's now on a vendetta against the Governor.

by Anonymousreply 2910/13/2013

R21 when I saw the scene Carol was EMPHATIC saying she was a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 3010/13/2013

Michonne is on a vendetta against the governor because he tried to have her killed ... Sent his goons, including Merle, to follow her and kill her after she left Woodbury. So, there's that.

And I don't recall any mention, or even hint, of Milton being gay.

by Anonymousreply 3110/13/2013

Considering their is such an obesity problem (especially in the south where this show takes place) why aren't there more obese people on the show?

by Anonymousreply 3210/13/2013

[r32] The zombies like them chubby.

by Anonymousreply 3310/13/2013

How come more zombies ARE NOT chubby?

by Anonymousreply 3410/13/2013

R34, CNN's Don Lemon wanted to be a zombie last season and they told him he was too fat.

by Anonymousreply 3510/13/2013

Cause fat people are slow and can't run. Not that hard to figure out.

by Anonymousreply 3610/13/2013

It is the survival of the fittest and fat people are not fit.

by Anonymousreply 3710/13/2013

I stopped watching. I really don't care about the characters anymore. The writers turn characters into blithering idiots, then kill them off. I never gave a shit about Sofia. The prison is a drag. The squabble between Woodbury and the prison seemed forced and the "war" was silly. The guv wiping out his people was ridiculous. He needs people to work for him.

So here's the deal -- zombies; people arguing within their group; groups arguing with each other. Lather, rinse, repeat. I don't find the characters at all dynamic. Rick just sweats and looks nervous, Carl needs a smack up the head, Michonne is a near-mute black ninja woman, Daryl is The Redneck and Carol is the Short Haired One. Herschel has daughters whose names I can barely remember. There's the blonde and the one who sleeps with Glenn.

That's not interesting. Last season wasn't interesting. The season at the farm wasn't interesting. There's really no place to go from here. Squalor and squabbling. And the zombies have become a nuisance, like a roach infestation.

by Anonymousreply 3810/13/2013

"Rick just sweats and looks nervous."

by Anonymousreply 3910/13/2013

I have a prediction. R38 will be watching tonight. Just a hunch. You know it's true, R38. You'll watch. Uh-huh. Thought so.

by Anonymousreply 4010/13/2013

LOL R38, I couldn't have said it better myself! When the last season ended, I thought, yeah, that's it. There's nowhere the story can go from here. What can they really write about?

Also, Rick has a flat ass. How can the main character of the show have a fucking flat ass and then they still show profile shots? Cmon. I loved him in Love, Actually, but this show, with his poor accent and worse acting, has turned me off to the guy.

The hotties are Glen and Darryl, for sure. Norman Reedus is not a bad actor. But even they can't keep my interest if the writing is going to suck.

by Anonymousreply 4110/13/2013

What will happen? The plague of homosexuality will continue to leave our plucky band of survivors entirely untouched and pristine in their heterosexuality, with nary even the most minor gay references.

by Anonymousreply 4210/13/2013

R42 they have Carol representing the LGBT community

by Anonymousreply 4310/13/2013

There are no homosexual characters in the show because the AIDS had already killed all of them as punishment for their sins of sodomy before it all took place. The whole zombie apocalypse was brought on by the scourge homosexuality anyway (the Lord's punishment, you know), so that is the gay's legacy as far as the story is concerned.

by Anonymousreply 4410/13/2013

I'll be watching Homeland, even though I'm not all that crazy about it (certainly not as crazy as Carrie)

I'm just not a graphic novel fan, I guess. The writing on TWD is repetitive. Guns, axes, bow and arrows, hiding out on a farm, hiding out in a prison. War. The occasional zombie. Arguments. It doesn't go any further than that. I guess I find the apocalypse boring. If I get tired of Homeland, I can watch a bunch of TV shows on netflix or Hulu plus or amazon prime.

by Anonymousreply 4510/13/2013

I like Norman Reedus better with short hair.

by Anonymousreply 4610/13/2013

Carol is not gay.

by Anonymousreply 4710/13/2013

OK, then r38, watch "Homeland." Right, sure, I believe that. Now don't let me catch you commenting on the premiere of TWD here later on! I'm keeping tabs!

I've never read a graphic novel, so obviously not a fan of the show because I'm a fan of the novel genre. But I think your criticism of the writing/plotting is lame. These themes in TWD are part of every show or play, good and bad. "Arguments." It's called conflict, dialogue. "The occasional zombie attack." There's one every 10 minutes or so.

You just seem dim to me. Dim. To. Me.

by Anonymousreply 4810/13/2013

R48, yes, these are the classic building blocks. They just aren't executed well in Walking Dead. The stories could be more interesting (or maybe they can't, I dunno; I've never written dystopic zombie stories). I've been reading some interesting dystopic novels lately (sans zombies) which are far more compelling than this show.

They haven't made me care much about the characters, and some of the conflicts are really drawn out. That whole Sophia thing was irritating. Oh, surprise, surprise, she's a zombie Hershel is storing in the barn! The dead wife visions - that's fine for one episode, but move on. They need new, better writers. I don't like the governor, but his storyline was compelling.

by Anonymousreply 5010/13/2013

Michael Cudlitz from Southland will have a role in the show this season.

by Anonymousreply 5110/13/2013

Is the wife coming back as. A zombie?

by Anonymousreply 5310/13/2013

The son SHOT his mom in the head!

by Anonymousreply 5410/13/2013

[quote] then being put down by Carl.

That is what I meant

by Anonymousreply 5610/13/2013

Yeah the fact that every single person who is alive is apparently straight is frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 5710/13/2013

There won't be any LGBT characters on this show. There was an article, at one point, saying that the show has a big freeper fanbase, of the 'end times' variety. That's why there's religious bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 5810/13/2013

The fanboy/comic book/geek audience is UNBELIEVABLY homophobic. Spend one day in the comments section at Ain't It Cool News and your head will spin.

By and large, the WALKING DEAD audience would stop watching if they had a gay character. Exploding guts and ripped out organs? Hunky dory. Two men kissing? Gross!

by Anonymousreply 5910/13/2013

[quote] The fanboy/comic book/geek audience is UNBELIEVABLY homophobic.

Then how do you explain Carol the lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 6010/13/2013

Lesbians are fine. If they're smoking hot, they're even allowed to have sex scenes. Otherwise, they should cut their hair short, fix cars and remain sexless.

by Anonymousreply 6110/13/2013

While lesbians and bisexual women are more palatable for straight men, Carol is not a lesbian so the point is moot.

by Anonymousreply 6210/13/2013

R59...that's bullshit. The comic book had gay characters. The books featuring gay weddings have been hugely popular with comics fans.

This is because religious nuts love these apocalypse shows, and the network doesn't want to rattle their cages.

It was the same with Smallville. That show had a huge freeper fanbase. Comics fans kept calling for a gay character to appear on the show, but only one ever a villain.

by Anonymousreply 6510/13/2013

I think he's a goner, r66.

I never thought that Carol was gay.

by Anonymousreply 6710/13/2013

[quote].that's bullshit. The comic book had gay characters. The books featuring gay weddings have been hugely popular with comics fans.

Interesting to know. I don't know anyone who reads the comics myself, but I imagine the audience for the books is much less neanderthal than the TV audience and much, much smaller in numbers.

There is a huge and depressingly simple audience for this show that likes to watch brains go squish. Saying they have religious objections is giving them too much credit. This is a frat boy show. Two guys kissing isn't an abomination to them; it's just icky.

by Anonymousreply 6810/13/2013

The bitch in the woods scares me.

by Anonymousreply 6910/13/2013

I think the medic is going to need one soon!

by Anonymousreply 7010/13/2013

shocking lack of Daryl

by Anonymousreply 7110/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 7210/13/2013

So... if everyone is infected already... and getting walked blood spray in their eyes and mouth (which happens all too frequently) doesn't change anyone... why does getting bitten kill you and turn you into one?

by Anonymousreply 7310/13/2013

just die already

by Anonymousreply 7410/13/2013

Was the woman in the woods in the comic books?

by Anonymousreply 7510/13/2013

Glad creepy woman in the woods is dead.

by Anonymousreply 7610/13/2013

Creepy woman was NOT in the books. But, then again, they are no longer even in the prison at this point in the books, and they certainly did not take in Woodbury refugees. I don't think a single thing in tonight's episode was in the books. But I still liked it.

by Anonymousreply 7710/13/2013

I got distracted and missed a few minutes.

How did the dorky kid at the end turn into a zombie? Did he get bitten?

by Anonymousreply 7810/13/2013

Terrible episode of Talking Dead.

Nathan Fillion looks HUGE!

by Anonymousreply 7910/13/2013

R78 - Well assuming they aren't just throwing out shit that is supposed to be the foundation of the series - everyone is infected. You could die of a heart attack and come back as a zombie.

The new twist on this seems to be - I don't know - a mutation of whatever is infecting them, perhaps. Rick noticed a walker at the fence that was bleeding from his eyes and nose just like the dorky kid was at the end. Most of the walkers up to this point are just grey. Their faces aren't pouring blood. This seems to indicate there is a new infection or the old one has mutated.

by Anonymousreply 8010/13/2013

Bleeding from orifices (e.g. eyes) = viral hemhorragic fever. Not good.

by Anonymousreply 8110/13/2013

I had a hard time understanding the woman in the woods. What was that thing in a bag? Husband, child, stranger she hooked up with? And just a body part she kept so she wasn't alone? Did she lure Rick to feed him to "the bag" or so here's kill her in a suicide-by-cop situation?

by Anonymousreply 8210/13/2013

There wasn't anything unclear. It was her husband, he was a walker, he hadn't eaten in a long time, so he was "slowing down", she brought him back to feed it, and felt really guilty about it, she was going to use the pig instead.

So guilty she took her life because she knew she could never come back from that.

by Anonymousreply 8310/13/2013

I think there is an infection in the water. Too much zombie bloodletting at the fence. It's why the pig died.

by Anonymousreply 8410/13/2013

I think someone is leaving dead animals by the fence to attract zombies.

by Anonymousreply 8510/13/2013

Well, r82, I couldn't understand the woman in the woods, either, other than the "Pleeese, pleeese...." And, Mr. Smartypants at r83, on Talking Dead, they said the thing in the bag was a head.

I thought a lot of stuff was really hard to figure out.

Hated all the annoying new kids. Unfortunately, that Gimple guy on Talking Dead said they were really important to this season.

by Anonymousreply 8610/13/2013

How sick is it that I was pissed they didn't show what the woman was keeping in the bag? I figured it was his head but I still wanted to see it

by Anonymousreply 8710/13/2013

Maybe killer all of those walkers near the fence is a bad idea. Don't zombies stink after a while?

by Anonymousreply 8810/14/2013

So the zombies are going to catch that pig flu and become even more threatening?

And why can't they have story-time AND weapons training?

by Anonymousreply 8910/14/2013

Re: Carol's short hair

That is actually really smart and practical of her. In this world long hair can be dangerous, plus short hair is much easier to keep clean and less ratty looking. Also the whole short hair must only equal lesbian thing is an idea that should die culturally. I want to live in a world where long and short hair is the norm for both sexes where no hairstyle will make someone bat an eye or make assumptions.

by Anonymousreply 9010/14/2013

Terrific episode. My only complaint, not enough Daryl Dixon.

by Anonymousreply 9110/14/2013

I thought the Irish woman had an imaginary friend until I saw the moving bag.

by Anonymousreply 9210/14/2013

If they kill off Rick I am gone. I really only care about him and Hershel. Carol and Daryl have grown on me.

by Anonymousreply 9510/14/2013

Wait. We kill zombies by chopping off their heads, but the woman in the woods needs to feed her zombie head? Where exactly does the eaten flesh go?

And how come there were zombies on the roof for years but suddenly the roof can't hold their weight?

The dead kid at the end had yellowish eyes. Have we seen that before?

by Anonymousreply 9610/14/2013

I don't for a second believe there was a zombie head in the bag... that makes zero sense. Her husband was just emaciated and under a blanket or something.

by Anonymousreply 9710/14/2013

The showrunner said it was a head in the bag on Talking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 9810/14/2013

Then the show-runner is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 9910/14/2013

You have no idea what a showrunner is, do you?

by Anonymousreply 10110/14/2013

Now THIS is the Walking Dead I know and love. Totally amazing episode, reminiscent of season one. It had all the suspense, scariness, and storyline of season one. I loved every minute of it.

I was actually a HUGE critic of season three, because the writing was awful and the storyline was predictable, but after seeing the show runner on Talking Dead, he really seems to be a fan of the show himself, and also seems to know what WE want to see, so I'm hoping to see good things from this season. He said the suspense only builds from this point, so that's a GOOD THING.

[quote] How did the dorky kid at the end turn into a zombie? Did he get bitten?

[quote] The new twist on this seems to be - I don't know - a mutation of whatever is infecting them, perhaps. Rick noticed a walker at the fence that was bleeding from his eyes and nose just like the dorky kid was at the end. Most of the walkers up to this point are just grey. Their faces aren't pouring blood. This seems to indicate there is a new infection or the old one has mutated

Exactly. I got a "28 Days Later" vibe from the bleeding eyes. If you re-watch the episode, the dorky kid says "thanks for catching the deer for us, Mr. Dixon" and then Daryl licks his fingers and shakes the kid's hand.

Also notice that it was the pig that got sick and died, so I'm guessing that the new virus is being spread by the animals, and either Darly passed the virus onto the kid by licking his fingers and shaking his hand, or the kid ate infected meat.

In any case, there is clearly a virus mutation that Rick picked up on from the beginning scene, when he noticed the zombie who was bleeding from his eyes. I LOVE this new development!

[quote] Wait. We kill zombies by chopping off their heads, but the woman in the woods needs to feed her zombie head?

Zombie mythology is that you kill them by stabbing their brains, not by severing the head. You'll notice that the zombie heads in the Governor's fish tanks were still alive and could bite people.

However, you must STAB THE BRAIN in order to kill it.

So many creepy and exciting moments in this show. I LOVED the Irish woman. She brought a whole new element to the show, regarding the mental illness that a zombie apocalypse would cause.

Then, as the show runner said, there is the element of how the kids have adapted to their new reality much quicker, hence the non chalant attitude of the children towards the zombies, and death.

I love when the show addresses the effects of the apocalypse, rather than trying to re-create life as it is now, as they did with the Woodbury storyline.

I don't want to see OUR reality re-created in the zombie apocalypse. I want to see THEIR reality, and all the horrors that come with it.

This season absolutely seems to be addressing the zombie apocalypse, two or three years into it, and it's really interesting again.

The added dimension of mutated strains of the virus, plus the seemingly more vicious and hungry zombies, is making this season SO MUCH MORE interesting than last season.

I am LOVING IT, and I say this as a fan from day one. Yay yay yay!!!!

by Anonymousreply 10310/14/2013

Amen, R103! Best episode since the Season 2 Finale.

by Anonymousreply 10410/14/2013

R102: if you look you can see a metal bar ... For a prosthetic leg. In a later scene it is removed, and is next to his stump. In the months between seasons they either found one, or made one, for him.

by Anonymousreply 10510/14/2013

I thought this was a really good opening episode.

The disease was something pigs and humans can get, note the pig in the woods was also dying.

by Anonymousreply 10610/14/2013

If you notice none of the LGBT characters get the infection or are killed.

Look at Carol, she is the longest surviving female character so far.

Something about the virus skips LGBT people.

by Anonymousreply 10710/14/2013

So what is the disease?

by Anonymousreply 10810/14/2013

Now that was MY Walking Dead. Much better than anything in Season 3, for sure. I like lots of walkers and lots of blood.

by Anonymousreply 10910/14/2013

Not to be crude, but I want to fuck Daryl, Rick & Glen right up their asses!

by Anonymousreply 11010/14/2013

[quote]I think the Talking Dead panel needed a fangurl. A real one. Too much dull testosterone.

I'm sure Nathan F. is sporting moobs under that shirt, if that helps.

by Anonymousreply 11110/14/2013

They could airlift Nathan Fillion into the prison compound and the meet on his bod would feed the walkers for a year.

by Anonymousreply 11210/14/2013

R112 here. I meant to say "meat on his bod" - lol.

by Anonymousreply 11310/14/2013

Good thing you corrected yourself before the "oh dears" came a flyin'.

by Anonymousreply 11410/14/2013

The sick pig in prison.

The sick pig in the forest.

And it jumped/mutated to the kid.

They have a form of Swine Flu

by Anonymousreply 11510/14/2013

If they only went vegetarian, none of this would have happened.

by Anonymousreply 11610/14/2013

Glenn and Maggie need to stick to oral & anal, and skip the vadge sex. They're gonna wind up with a baby PDQ.

by Anonymousreply 11710/14/2013

They are putting Darryl and Beth together, since Carol is a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 11810/14/2013

R107/R118. You aren't amusing. Stop with the Carole is a lebian jokes.

by Anonymousreply 11910/14/2013

R119 she already confirmed she was a lesbian in season 3.

Darryl has to move on, and he is doing so with Beth. As evidenced last night.

by Anonymousreply 12010/14/2013

She did not confirm she was a Lez. The prisoner accused her of being one and she plainly stated, "No, I'm not a lesbian." Watch Season 3 again.

by Anonymousreply 12110/14/2013

[quote]So... if everyone is infected already... and getting walked blood spray in their eyes and mouth (which happens all too frequently) doesn't change anyone... why does getting bitten kill you and turn you into one?

You don't automatically turn into a zombie when you're bitten. You just start dying from whatever virus and the accompanying fever/infection. Once you're dead, then you come back as a zombie.

by Anonymousreply 12210/14/2013

Daryl still hasn't recovered from the rape/sex he had with his brother Merle for all those years.

by Anonymousreply 12310/14/2013

No, she never claimed to be a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 12410/14/2013

You're an idiot and what is the point of your continued badgering about Carol being a lesbian R125? What difference does it make? I watched that episode and did not hear the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 12610/14/2013

Dear god give it up, she is not a lesbian, you are either an idiot or trolling to still keep posting that. The Walking Dead has included zero gay characters, move on and quit cluttering this thread.

by Anonymousreply 12710/14/2013

The Walking Dead has only won two Emmys - for make-up.

by Anonymousreply 12810/14/2013

She says she "not" a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 12910/14/2013

The Walking Dead has never deserved any other Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 13010/14/2013

Carol is not a lesbian. We can move on now.

by Anonymousreply 13110/14/2013

Have all of the condoms in the area disintegrated and that's why Maggie and Glenn can't use one?

by Anonymousreply 13210/14/2013

[quote]Zombie mythology is that you kill them by stabbing their brains, not by severing the head. You'll notice that the zombie heads in the Governor's fish tanks were still alive and could bite people.

Someone better tell Michonne and her sword.

by Anonymousreply 13310/14/2013

R132, I'm sure the condoms have all gone long past their expiration dates. More than a year has passed since the beginning of the apocalypse. Like someone above said, if they want to avoid babies they're gonna have to stick to oral and anal (or frottage and mutual masturbation). Vaginal is out.

by Anonymousreply 13410/14/2013

What a stupid argument. Carol clearly has eyes for Daryl.

by Anonymousreply 13510/14/2013

Couldn't Glen make a condom out of Zombie intestines? Just sayin'. Tough times demand tough measures.

by Anonymousreply 13610/14/2013

R133, Michonne beheads the walkers, not necessarily to kill them, but to make them less of a threat. The heads are severed and they no longer have legs to move them along so they are just snapping and hissing on the ground and are no longer a threat (unless you are careless enough to stand right in front of one).

by Anonymousreply 13710/14/2013

At 1+ years and counting, Zombies are the greatest perpetual motion machines ever invented.

by Anonymousreply 13810/14/2013

In order to keep from knocking Maggie up, every time Glenn gets a boner he should fuck Daryl up the butt.

by Anonymousreply 13910/14/2013

R133 ... Watch closely, and you'll see that Michonne almost always slices their heads midway ... Not at the neck/base. Essentially cutting their brains in half.

by Anonymousreply 14010/14/2013

Zombies eat... but do they shit? I would assume that what goes in has gotta come out.

by Anonymousreply 14210/14/2013

I guts to know, too.

by Anonymousreply 14310/14/2013

R142, isn't the show graphic enough for you when it comes to things splattering, gushing and oozing?

by Anonymousreply 14410/14/2013

R129 link was a doctored video.

by Anonymousreply 14510/14/2013

When it comes to walkers and zombies, NOTHING is too graphic for me.

by Anonymousreply 14610/14/2013

Michonne is clearly the lesbian. Damn, that gal is butch never mind the dreadlocks.

by Anonymousreply 14710/14/2013

My question... Do zombies fuck?

by Anonymousreply 14810/14/2013

[quote]I watched it and she emphatically stated "I'm a lesbian"

WTF is wrong with you? Are you mentally retarded or just an idiot troll? She emphatically said she was NOT a lesbian, and about 10 separate posts in this thread alone have confirmed that.

Seriously, what's your fucking problem?

by Anonymousreply 14910/14/2013

[quote]Considering their is such an obesity problem

Oh, my.

by Anonymousreply 15010/14/2013

Now their's an obeastity problem, too.

by Anonymousreply 15110/14/2013

The zombie in the well at the farm wasn't exactly bulimic.

by Anonymousreply 15210/14/2013

[quote]Now their's an obeastity problem, too.

I saw what you were going for and you almost had it, but your brain fought back with ", too."

by Anonymousreply 15310/14/2013

OK, stupid people, here it is for the last time:

[bold]EVERYONE IS INFECTED WITH THE ZOMBIE VIRUS.[/bold] That's what the guy at the CDC told Rick before the facility blew up.

When you die with your brain intact, you will turn into a walker. Your brain must be destroyed to stop you.

Lori died from giving childbirth, not from a walker bite. Since she was already infected (as EVERYONE IS), Carl knew she'd turn into a walker after she died. So he knew he had to shoot her in the head before she turned. And that's what he did.

Got it?

by Anonymousreply 15410/14/2013

R154 and Carol?

by Anonymousreply 15510/14/2013

The zombie in the well was bloated from being in the water so long.

T-bone, however, was not exactly slim.

I think many of the reasons for not seeing obese survivors or walkers have been mentioned but some have not. My theories:

- fat people can't run fast. When they're caught by a walker they're probably too fat/weak/slow to escape with just a bite that would turn them, and instead become a feast for a slew of walkers to basically devour. By the time the walkers are through with them there's nothing left to "turn".

- fat people who do turn eventually slim down as walkers. Not only are there no fat walkers, but pretty much all of them are gaunt and emaciated. Walkers likely don't store body fat and any fat that they have when they turn is quickly burned off.

- no (or few) fat survivors is easily explained: everyone is basically getting by on subsistence diets now, and expending much more energy in their daily lives by constantly being on the run, hunting and scavenging for food and supplies, and routinely getting into physical altercations.

by Anonymousreply 15610/14/2013

Then explain Otis R156

by Anonymousreply 15710/14/2013

R157 maybe Otis had already started slimming down.

by Anonymousreply 15810/14/2013

I miss Shane.

by Anonymousreply 16010/14/2013

The zombie apocalypse relentlessly moved upward and took over TV again last night. The Walking Dead returned for its fourth season on Sunday to series record viewership.

Airing at 9 PM, the AMC show was watched by 16.1 million with 10.4 million among adults 18-49. While NBC’s Sunday Night Football airing of the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins game last night was watched by 19.65 million according to fast nationals from Nielsen, it had 9.32 million viewers among adults 18-49.

That means right now, The Walking Dead’s 8.2 18-49 rating beat the game’s 7.3 and everything else on primetime broadcast and cable TV in the key demo this season so far.

The Walking Dead’s Season 3 debut on October 14, 2012 was watched by 10.9 million viewers and 7.3 million in the 18-49 and 25-54 demos. Thought better later in the season, those were records for the show at the time and then the most-watched drama telecast in basic cable history.

However, written by new showrunner Scott Gimple, who took over from the exited Glen Mazzara in January, Sunday’s “30 Days Without An Accident” episode bested the Season 3 finale of the drama that was the cable powerhouse’s previous series high. That March 31st episode was watched by 12.4 million viewers and 8.1 million among the key demo.

Before that, the 12.3 million and 6.8 million among adults 18-49 who watched The Walking Dead’s Season 3 mid-cycle premiere on February 11 was the series high for the show that has constantly beat big Big 4 network shows like Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory and NCIS in the vital demo.

Sunday’s premiere also topped the series high of 10.3 million viewers and 6.7 million in the key demo that Breaking Bad’s heavily promoted and anticipated finale got for AMC on September 29.

In metered markets, The Walking Dead got a 7.5/11 last night, way up from the 5.4/8 the series had for its last season opener last October.

by Anonymousreply 16210/14/2013

So I watched this first episode. It was good. One question: why would Rick not want Carol to teach the kids about self-defense and weaponry?

by Anonymousreply 16310/14/2013

I hope it can keep the momentum set up by the first episode. If so, this will be a bang-up season. Yee-hah!

by Anonymousreply 16410/14/2013

[quote]So I watched this first episode. It was good. One question: why would Rick not want Carol to teach the kids about self-defense and weaponry?

Yeah, I was a little curious about this, too. Is it that Rick has become a very non-violent person and specifically doesn't want the children to use weapons (after what happened with Carl gunning down that kid last season)?

by Anonymousreply 16510/14/2013

The reason the walkers are thin is that they get a lot of exercise and finally eat right. They cannot eat at KFC being their dress code is not up to order.

by Anonymousreply 16610/14/2013

[quote]The reason the walkers are thin is that they get a lot of exercise and finally eat right. They cannot eat at KFC being their dress code is not up to order.

I refuse to believe that anyone in Georgia -- even if they died and came back as zombies -- would give up KFC and exercise. This show is so far-fetched.

by Anonymousreply 16710/14/2013

Nobody in Georgia is as thin as those walkers. I was in Atlanta and Macon last year on business and those mother fuckers are huge. Every one of those fuckers tip the scales at about 290 lbs+. I have never seen so many obese people in my life. I was feeling bad because I was up to 160 lbs. That trip made me feel much better about myself (and really sorry for those fried-food loving, lard assed Georgia natives).

by Anonymousreply 16810/14/2013

Maybe the walkers flew in from Manhattan where everyone is thin.

by Anonymousreply 16910/14/2013

When Daryl licked his fingers that was code for "meet me in the guard tower and I'll let you blow me".

by Anonymousreply 17010/14/2013

Never gotten into the show, but the ratings are amazing and are putting braodcast tv's to shame. Give people something different and they will watch it. No bradcast tv show got these ratings this year. There is a complete shifting of viewers from broadcast to cable.

by Anonymousreply 17110/14/2013

Way too many ads. It would be better if they had a few longer breaks. The show was too interrupted.

by Anonymousreply 17210/14/2013

That nerdy kid that got to shake Darryl's saliva-soaked hand was the sidekick from EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS.

And I was seriously bummed that they killed Kyle Gallner off. I like him.

by Anonymousreply 17310/14/2013

I'm surprised they would cast a known actor for a one-ep zombie-meat gig. Perhaps he'll be back.

by Anonymousreply 17410/14/2013

Why did Daryl lick his fingers before shaking that kid's hand? I know he is a redneck but even they know that was tacky.

by Anonymousreply 17510/14/2013

Because they were covered in sauce, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 17610/14/2013

[quote]Why did Daryl lick his fingers before shaking that kid's hand? I know he is a redneck but even they know that was tacky.

Like R170 said, it was code. Only I think it meant, "Gonna get you good and wet before I slide it in."

by Anonymousreply 17710/14/2013

A code he learned from Merle.

by Anonymousreply 17810/14/2013

What r159 said. Otis and the rest of Herschel's farm peeps are obviously atypical of survivors. They had a remote hideaway and a working farm at that, so the effects of the apocalypse were pretty muted for them at first.

by Anonymousreply 17910/14/2013

Mom! Phineas turned into a zombie!

by Anonymousreply 18010/14/2013

[quote] They have a form of Swine Flu

Can't be. The kid with the eyeglasses became a zombie, so the difference between the "old" virus and the "new" mutating virus is that the old one waited until you died, and THEN turned you into a zombie, whereas this new virus KILLS YOU and also turns you into a zombie.

In other words, it has become more aggressive, which is totally terrifying! The show is really upping the ante. So now the survivors not only have to fight the walkers and avoid getting bitten, but they somehow also have to avoid being infected by the new mutated virus. As if they were fucked enough!

[quote] One question: why would Rick not want Carol to teach the kids about self-defense and weaponry?

Rick wants the kids to maintain their innocence. That's why he told Carl to go play with his friend, and go to storytime. Rick is in denial about their new reality.

Scott Gimple said as much on Talking Dead. For the kids, this IS their reality - they don't remember much about the old world. For the adults, it's taking them longer to adapt.

It makes sense for Carol, especially having lost a young daughter to walkers. She's trying to teach the kids to defend themselves, in a sense, making up for what she should have done with Sophia. If only she had taught Sophia how to fight...

[quote] Never gotten into the show, but the ratings are amazing and are putting braodcast tv's to shame.

[quote] Way too many ads.

The down side of this is that the show is becoming a HUGE product placement advertising crapfest. Anyone notice the Blue Moon beer featured front-and-center in the Big Lot store? Leading right into the commercial "sponsored by Blue Moon." I hate that shit!

I think in Season Two it was the car company Kia or Hyundai, which coincidentally, Shane was driving as his "new ride."

Advertisers ALWAYS ruin a good show. They did the same thing to Teen Wolf.

They're like leeches. The minute a show does well, BOOM! The advertisers can't wait to start selling us their shit through obvious product placement.

Oh, and to the morons thinking that the stupid Carol is a lesbian and KFC and lame fat people jokes are funny? Um, they're not.

Obviously some of you are here only to derail the thread and make really childish and stupid comments, so just fucking get lost. Go make your own thread and shit all over it.

The real fans of this show want to talk to other adults. So you shitheads can just get lost, k?

by Anonymousreply 18110/14/2013

[quote]Can't be. The kid with the eyeglasses became a zombie, so the difference between the "old" virus and the "new" mutating virus is that the old one waited until you died, and THEN turned you into a zombie, whereas this new virus KILLS YOU and also turns you into a zombie.

Or -- much simpler explanation -- the new virus is totally unrelated and just kills you. Then, once you're dead, you become a zombie.

I mean, if someone just died of a heart attack, they'd get reborn as a zombie, right? So if it was some sort of swine flu thing, once they died, they'd still come back as a zombie.

by Anonymousreply 18210/14/2013

[quote] I was seriously bummed that they killed Kyle Gallner off. I like him.

When he was leaning against the wall with his leg up, talking to Daryl, he looked like he was PACKING. There was a huge bulge in his pants!

Wish they had kept him. The show needs more good looking guys like Kyle, and I was hoping he'd become a regular.

by Anonymousreply 18310/14/2013

R-181 sounds like a control freak. She's on 17 different threads chastising people and saying that they are "derailing" threads. She needs a good tranquilizer, a box of Ex-Lax and an enema. Take a chill pill.

by Anonymousreply 18510/14/2013

I thought the same thing. Calling people shitheads was way out of line.

by Anonymousreply 18610/14/2013

Haha. R181 was on the thread about the perverted priest with AIDS that was infecting people in the park. He told people they were derailing the thread and to fuck off. LOL. What a piece of work. I'll bet his co-workers and family just LOVE when he's around. Bossy, bossy! LOL.

by Anonymousreply 18710/14/2013

I was glad to see that the show was back on track after a boring third season. I loved seasons 1 & 2, but 3 spent way too much time building up to the war between Woodbury and the Prison that never really ended up happening. The whole season was anti-climatic because the war thing just fizzled out in the last few episodes. The season finale last spring was a huge let-down.

I really loved last night's show. I hope it keeps its footing and stays like that for the remainder of the season. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 18810/14/2013

R181 sounds like he's from New York. I hate New York.

by Anonymousreply 18910/14/2013

The walkers seem more vicious this season. I like it.

by Anonymousreply 19010/14/2013

I'm glad Andrea's gone. She was as dumb as a post.

by Anonymousreply 19110/14/2013

Wow, I will respond only once to this freak who is calling me out.

I AM R181, and I do NOT "inhabit" threads, as his libelous forked tongue has accused me of doing. I visit two or three threads (at most) on a semi-regular basis.

But somehow, this meth head at R185, R186, R187, and R189 has decided to attack me because I called "it" out for shitting all over this thread.

I came here to talk about my favorite show, and that's it. No agenda. And yes, I DO think you're an idiot for your completely LAME jokes about KFC walkers, and Carol being a lesbian, etc., etc. Seriously, are you 12 years old? You're NOT FUNNY. You may think you are, but you're not.

If you don't like the show, then don't watch. If you want to be a stand-up comedian, then go start a new thread, and tell your lame jokes to your little hearts' content. But just leave this thread to talk about the Walking Dead.

You are COMPLETELY LAME and childish. And you also seem to be unhinged, based on your rapid fire replies to my one paragraph in which I chastised you.

You are tedious, and believe me when I say I won't engage you. You're a liar, and a shit-stirrer, and this will be my only reply to you.

by Anonymousreply 19210/14/2013

R192 I happen to know that 185, 186, 187 and 189 are not ALL the same person. I know because I am responder R186. I called you out only once. You seem to love to call people names and it seems like you are very verbally abusive and horrible to people. I'm just clearing up the fact that more than one person thinks you were out of line. Calling people Shitheads and meth-heads because you didn't like them joking on "serious" thread is not a cool thing.

I personally said nothing LAME OR CHILDISH to you or anyone else. I made 1 one sentence comment about your nasty behavior. I never made any kind of joke about a KFC walker (whatever the heck that is) or Carol being attracted to women (her character is obviously not, as she stated in season 3).

I stand behind my one sentence comment that you were abusive and very rude to people.

by Anonymousreply 19310/14/2013

R181? Learn trolldar you idiot.

You're being called out by MULTIPLE posters because you come across as a raving lunatic with anger problems.

by Anonymousreply 19410/14/2013

[quote]The kid with the eyeglasses became a zombie

That remains to be seen. He awoke with yellow eyes.

[quote], so the difference between the "old" virus and the "new" mutating virus is that the old one waited until you died, and THEN turned you into a zombie, whereas this new virus KILLS YOU and also turns you into a zombie.

The "old" virus also kills you.

by Anonymousreply 19510/14/2013

The nerdy kid with the glasses didn't look very healthy.

I hope we can all agree with that, no?

by Anonymousreply 19610/14/2013

R193 I feel your pain. I made a comment on another thread on Friday and I was torn apart by another poster. My comment was innocent and actually very sweet. Some guy came unhinged and called me (and several others) really horrible things and was very angry because I said a positive thing about a celebrity that he didn't like. I used to get on here for relaxation and fun but it has become a very hostile place. If you make a comment and say the sky is so blue and beautiful today, someone is going to call you names and insult you for being an idiot. It's very sad that unhappy people and people with anger issues have to ruin things for every one else. Are that really that many unhappy and miserable gay men out there? Thank goodness I am one of the happy ones. Sorry you were insulted. You sound nice.

by Anonymousreply 19710/14/2013

R181/R192 needs serious, serious help. Major anger issues. Nurse Ratched is waiting with the thorazine.

by Anonymousreply 19910/14/2013

To get back on track....

I loved the solitude of the prison at the beginning of the episode. You just knew that shit wasn't going to last long. Then shit got real. Awesome.

by Anonymousreply 20010/14/2013

R197--Some people take advantage of the environment here to vent anger they cannot otherwise express. They are ridiculous, and they can only ruin Datalounge if you take them seriously. Don't.

I realize its easier to say this from the sidelines, and it is very unpleasant to be unreasonably attacked. Just remind yourself that the person who stoops to these kind of attacks over inconsequential things is pathetic. Let's save our bile for the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 20110/14/2013

Darryl seems likely to have spread the disease to Harry Potter after Darryl licked his fingers then shook his hand.

by Anonymousreply 20210/14/2013

Hear, Hear, R201. Well said. Let's all have a group hug and continue chatting about our favorite show. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 20310/14/2013

Is R38 still lurking on here?

I hope they don't mind, but I decided to use that quote about Rick in my signature on IMDB.

by Anonymousreply 20410/14/2013

This thread seems to be overrun with a lot of non-DLers, doesn't it? The tone is markedly different than the usual. Much more unpleasant, actually, and that's saying a lot.

by Anonymousreply 20510/14/2013

R205 I don't know what's going on. It's not just this thread. It seems like so many people are on the attack lately. Calling people things like "stupid people", "assholes", "meth-heads", "shitheads". It's really becoming an unenjoyable place to be. It's almost as bad as Free Republic. Maybe some of those insulting people found DL.

I try to be civil and ignore rude folks but sometimes I will be in the middle of a thread and will just shut off my computer and watch a movie or something. Most people on here are good people, just having fun. There are some that like to hurt people and make them upset. I thought most gay people were above that. Maybe I had too much faith in us as a group.

by Anonymousreply 20610/14/2013

I, for one, can't wait for next Sunday night.

by Anonymousreply 20710/14/2013

I wish the prison had more of those spiky defenses that impale the walkers. Make it harder for them to get to the fence.

And there's got to be a better way to kill walkers than to poke them one by one.

I also think Michonne's horse is toast.

by Anonymousreply 20810/14/2013

Challenging someone's intelligence on the basis of their argument is sometimes appropriate. Unfortunately, to the stupid, the occasional appropriate accusation is indistinguishable from routine attacks and they learn to call a poster a meth-head whenever they disagree with someone.

by Anonymousreply 20910/14/2013

I've had it with this place. I'm tired of all the insults and personal attacks on people on this site. I wasn't raised to be ugly to people. This thread makes my heart weap. I prefer Reddit anyway.

by Anonymousreply 21010/14/2013

I've felt the same way as 210 at times. I almost wonder if there aren't a bunch of Straight Republican Freepers that are here stirring up crap. Instead of someone saying that they appreciate your opinion, but they feel differently about the topic, they lob insults and call names. Like someone else said, it's not just this thread. It has been on many others. I left DL myself a few months ago. I sometimes wonder why I came back.

by Anonymousreply 21110/14/2013

Didn't the nerd say thanks to Daryl for the Buck or Elk, it was a treat? That's where your virus came from, and the Mother pig got infected too.

by Anonymousreply 21210/14/2013

Scott Gimple said that there would be a three new characters introduced, including Sgt. Abraham something or other, plus a latina lady, and one more. Anyone familiar with these characters and what they bring to the table?

by Anonymousreply 21310/14/2013

R213, they have a pretty good story arc in the comics.

I HATED Abraham when he was first introduced, but he ended up making me cry.

by Anonymousreply 21410/15/2013

[quote]Didn't the nerd say thanks to Daryl for the Buck or Elk, it was a treat? That's where your virus came from, and the Mother pig got infected too.

Maybe. If you think about it, though, those arrows Daryl shoots get reused over and over. I doubt he's sterilizing them, so there could be all sorts of cross-contamination from one kill to the next. It might be impossible to tell where it originated from. They seemed to be focusing on water barrels a lot this episode, as well, and that's certainly a potential means of transmission, even if not the original source.

by Anonymousreply 21510/15/2013

I did think it was pretty smart of Rick to pick up something mysterious was going on with the new swine flu. First he spotted the walker with the weird eyes and then Violet the pig. That Rick be smart.

by Anonymousreply 21610/15/2013

I will miss Merle's humor and rugged sex appeal.

by Anonymousreply 21710/15/2013

I want to see one of those big fat, greasy, obese KFC zombies eatin' Carol, LoL.

by Anonymousreply 21810/15/2013

Executive producer Robert Kirkman says that Patrick died from a strain of Spanish Flu.

by Anonymousreply 21910/15/2013

R216, Rick picks up on all sorts of stuff and thangs.

Danai Gurira is a joy to watch as Michonne. I continue to want to steal Maggie away from Glen, wouldn't mind seeing Carol topless and will miss Andrea's cheekbones.

by Anonymousreply 22010/15/2013

[quote]Terrible episode of Talking Dead. Nathan Fillion looks HUGE!

I know, I was shocked by how pale and flabby his hands are.

His fingers look like short albino-meat sausages.

by Anonymousreply 22110/15/2013

R181 is awesome, and the posters freaking out at him/her are the assholes here.

The KFC discussion is boring and pointless.

The insistence that "Carol is a lesbian! She said so! She did she did she did she did!!!!11!111!" is fucking retarded and annoying and not even remotely amusing. Obviously, the loser[s?] posting that are pathetic, ugly douchebags who get off on trolling because they are completely worthless and powerless IRL.

by Anonymousreply 22210/15/2013

The Latina character was introduced last night. She's the love interest for the sexy black guy who's sister bosses him around. Man, that actor is still hot but he was SMOKING when he was on The Wire.

by Anonymousreply 22310/15/2013

The Latina was introduced last season.

by Anonymousreply 22410/15/2013

You are not alone R220.

by Anonymousreply 22710/15/2013

ITA with R225.

Although part of the problem was the audience, too; those fuckers were DEAD!

I mean, why not applaud or laugh at some things? Silent douches!

by Anonymousreply 22810/15/2013

So can we get back to Carol and her being a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 22910/15/2013

I think Chris Hardwick had a lot more to work with on 'Talking BAD', it seems like the main conversation about Walking Dead is who gets killed which doesn't make for scintillating conversation

by Anonymousreply 23010/15/2013

I wonder if that lesbian Carol eats at KFC from time to time?

by Anonymousreply 23110/15/2013

KFC Lesbian Walkers. Let's see, Lesbians and Walkers are cool. KFC is awesome. What's not to like?

by Anonymousreply 23210/15/2013

Season Four has started with a bang and showed intriguing potential for what might be in store in future episodes. I was initially getting a little overwhelmed by the introduction of so many new characters but found their presence seamlessly woven into the fabric of the existing premise.

Based on this episode, I feel the decision to continue with the prison as the backdrop was a smart one and not repetitive as some had feared due to the fact that the prison setting is now nothing like it was in season 3.

by Anonymousreply 23310/15/2013

I wish Rick, so boring, and Darlyl, trashy racist pig with a SS on his bike, would die off. Tyrese and Michonne need to lead the group. That's the only way they will survive. Shit's gonna get real.

They all in danger, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 23410/15/2013

Why aren't there any gay or lesbian characters in Walking Dead? There were in the books. I feel left out.

by Anonymousreply 23510/15/2013

I am willing to bet that Daryl is the host and spreader of the new swine flu. He will either have to find a cure or place himself in exile.

No one is safe in this show. They even killed off the lesbian Carol's daughter Sofia and the kid was about 10. I'd get into a storm shelter while watching next week. Danger is everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 23610/15/2013

Typhoid Daryl.

by Anonymousreply 23710/15/2013

Disease Spreader Daryl!

by Anonymousreply 23810/15/2013

Daryl is not racist but Merle was. That's his bike that Daryl's riding.

by Anonymousreply 23910/15/2013

Well, Daryl needs to take that SS off the bike. It's rude and racist.

by Anonymousreply 24010/15/2013

They should build a KFC in the prison compound. The lesbians, especially Carol, would love it.

by Anonymousreply 24110/15/2013

You people are NOT FUCKING FUNNY. This is a thread about THE FUCKING WALKING DEAD not fucking Family Matters or Full House! If you want to make jokes about shit go to a comedy site. DataLounge is meant to be serious. Grow up you fucking irdiot douchebags.

by Anonymousreply 24210/15/2013

Reply 242, you are deranged. The only thing I have to say to you is: "Creepy Carrie, Creepy Carrie!"

by Anonymousreply 24310/15/2013

Don't feed the trolls.

by Anonymousreply 24410/15/2013

by Anonymousreply 24510/15/2013

r242, you're new here. Just relax. Datalounge in not "meant to be serious." Where'd you get that idea? The masthead says gay gossip, news and pointless bitchery. Try to ignore or skip posts you don't care for.

And we have never in DL history ever discussed Family matters or Full House.

by Anonymousreply 24610/15/2013

"DataLounge is meant to be serious" LMFAO!

Please tell me that R242 is some kind of sarcastic joke.

by Anonymousreply 24710/15/2013

[R-242] I am so serious about The Walking Dead I am planning on forming a vigilante group here in Arizona and marching to Georgia in order to save Rick, Daryl and that lesbian Carol. Actually, I am hoping to save Carol from KFC too by wiring her jaw shut. Anyone care to join me? Meet me in Phoenix at dusk.

by Anonymousreply 24810/15/2013

Well, this thread is ruined.

I'm thinking about starting another one before next week's show.

The assholes and morons can stay in this thread.

People interested in actually discussing the show can move to the new one.

by Anonymousreply 24910/15/2013

Let's be serious, guys and gals:

Zombies can be humorous and drop dead funny. Here is the last known collection of Zombie jokes put together before the apocalypse. So if you are of the living, read this now! Please enjoy them while you still have your brainssssss!

Q: What is the safest place to be in a zombie apocalypse? A: The living room.

Q: Why did the zombie comedian get booed off stage? A: Because the jokes he told where rotten.

Q: What do you do if you see a zombie? A: Hope it’s HALLOWEEN!

Q: What does it take to become a zombie? A: DEADication!

Q: Do zombies eat popcorn with their fingers? A: No, they eat the fingers separately…

Q: Why didn’t the zombie get the job? A: They wanted someone more lively!

by Anonymousreply 25010/15/2013

The only time the thread is "ruined" is when people stop the discussion to complain about other posters.

Just post about the show and ignore what you don't like.

by Anonymousreply 25110/15/2013

R249, we can always find your new thread, and trust me, we will. Hahahahahahahaha.

by Anonymousreply 25210/15/2013

Oh, my. R-253 is really upset now. She's screaming at people. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 25410/15/2013

Does R-253 realize The Walking Dead is fiction? I didn't know anyone could identify with TV so strongly.

by Anonymousreply 25510/15/2013

R249, maybe we should start a thread for each episode like other DLers do for other shows?

by Anonymousreply 25610/15/2013

Can we all just get back to the show . So, do you think that lesbian Carol should be the supervisor of the new KFC franchise at the prison?

by Anonymousreply 25710/15/2013

[quote]And how come there were zombies on the roof for years but suddenly the roof can't hold their weight?

If you watch the scene again, you will see that the walkers are standing around in a catatonic state just waiting, which they can tend to do.

Around the helicopter is a huge puddle, presumably fuel.

When the black guy picks up a bottle of wine, he sees a drip from the ceiling. That liquid softened the roof around the helicopter. It also softened the case of bottles. When he put the bottle back, the case gave way, and that made the zombies walk in that direction (towards the helicopter) and onto the wet spot where they then fell through.

by Anonymousreply 25810/15/2013

R-253 Lighten up, Francis!

by Anonymousreply 25910/15/2013

[quote]KFC Lesbian Walkers. Let's see, Lesbians and Walkers are cool. KFC is awesome. What's not to like?

Walkers are the new canes!

by Anonymousreply 26010/15/2013

Can I just take a moment to comment on Andrew Lincoln's accent? Lawd God almighty.....

by Anonymousreply 26110/15/2013

There are some seriously disturbed people on this thread. What's with this troll who is screaming about being serious and the homophobe who insists Carol is a lesbian. Fucking freaks.

by Anonymousreply 26210/15/2013

Andrew Lincoln makes my mussy wet. My shitpussy lubes up so nice. I want him deep inside my chocolate luv hole.

by Anonymousreply 26310/15/2013

by Anonymousreply 26410/15/2013

[quote] who insists Carol is a lesbian.

She said so in season 3

by Anonymousreply 26510/15/2013

I hope the person who wants to make a new thread realizes that this shit will just continue on there.

by Anonymousreply 26610/15/2013

You people probably make jokes at your mother's funeral. You're all sick. Only idiots make a joke out of everything. You jokers are probably either unemployed or you're waiting for your next shift at McDonald's. Why? because you don't take life seriously. That's why. And you wonder why your life went nowhere. Losers. Get a fucking clue. Go back to your Britny Spears and Miley Cyrus threads and leave intelligent people be.

by Anonymousreply 26710/15/2013

r264 please stop posting here. You are wildly out of sync with this community.

by Anonymousreply 26810/15/2013

She wouldn't be the first, nor the last lesbian to be in that situation.

by Anonymousreply 26910/15/2013

I feel sorry for people who were born without a sense of humor. True, not every joke on DL is side-splittingly funny but some of this stuff does make me laugh.

I visit DL to get away from the grind and stresses of life. I know the Carol character is straight but some of the jokes and comments are very funny. A sense of humor has gotten me through many rough times in my life. I thank the heavens that I can laugh at the things life throws at me.

I sincerely have sympathy for anyone who thinks DL is "no place for humor." If you don't like the humor, just skip over the comments and ignore them.

by Anonymousreply 27010/15/2013

It's very telling that someone thinks being called a lesbian is a BAD thing.

Shame on them.

Carol is lovely, whether she likes snatch or not.

by Anonymousreply 27110/15/2013

Exactly R271

Why are people here so threatened that Carol is a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 27210/15/2013

Thwere are 100 other places to discuss this show. If you don't like it here, you can't change the other posters but you [italic]can[/italic] find another site.

by Anonymousreply 27310/15/2013

R262 - I do not see how calling Carol a lesbian is homophobic. I'm a gay man and I love lesbians. I know Carol is not gay, but if she happened to be, I'd love her all the more.

by Anonymousreply 27410/15/2013

{quote] I know Carol is not gay

Did you ask her?

by Anonymousreply 27510/15/2013

Everyone knows Carol is not gay. We are just having fun. Fun's a new concept, try it out.

I cannot think of any other site where you will find deep and serious discussions of this show. It is an awesome show, but it's about dead people walking around biting people. That's funny. I do not think ANYONE takes it seriously. It's a fun show.

by Anonymousreply 27610/15/2013

For the record. I am straight. My college room-mate, Hermione, and I had some youthful experimentation for a semester. It was wonderful. I would not trade those experiences for anything.

That semester, I worked the register at my local Kentucky Fried Chicken. That's what it was called then. They have only recently begun calling it by its initials. That's where I met my late-husband, Ed. He was an auto mechanic and a regular customer. We dated for a while and made love for the first time in the back seat of his Ford F-250 and I knew true heaven for the first time in my life.

I knew I was straight at the moment I reached climax. I love my lesbian and gay friends, and Hermione will always hold a special place in my heart, but I love men. Hopefully that clears up any speculation.

by Anonymousreply 27710/15/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 27810/15/2013

R-277, LOL. Thanx Carol.

by Anonymousreply 27910/15/2013

Please don't put a dash between the r and the number of the post you are addressing.

Not this: r-279

This: r279.

by Anonymousreply 28010/15/2013

Hey Carol, is Daryl uncut?

by Anonymousreply 28110/15/2013

If you people can't take this seriously then I am out of here. You assholes ruined this thread. I hope you're happy. Uneducated, methed-out freaks. You're about as funny as Carrot Top.

by Anonymousreply 28210/15/2013

R281, Dearheart, I know the answer to the but a lady never tells tales out of school (or the bedroom). Daryl is a very kind man and I will let him have his privacy. He is a very hot lover, though.

by Anonymousreply 28310/15/2013

Carol, why the dyke haircut?

by Anonymousreply 28410/15/2013

R281 - I would think that both Daryl and Merle would have been uncut. They were from a dirt poor family and they were probably born in a poor side of town trailer park, delivered by a mid-wife. I doubt she had the tools or knowledge to perform a circumcision. Unless there was a Rabbi nearby who would have donated his services for free, I would say that it was likely that they were uncut.

by Anonymousreply 28510/15/2013

I thought Daryl and Merle were Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 28610/15/2013

R267 is seriously mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 28710/15/2013

Rick is uncut (since Andrew Lincoln is Aussie and uncut) and average sized. Quick shooter.

Shane was cut and hung like a horse (with huge bull balls). Could fuck for dayz.

Daryl and Merle - Huge and uncut, big balls.

Glenn - 5" and uncut. Lasts forever and cums like a geyser.

Tyreese - 6.5" long, thick and uncut.

Dale - very hairy, big balls, fat uncut cock.

T-Dog - 5" but fat as a beer can. Huge balls.

Hershel - cut, 8 inches. Big old-man balls.

The Governor - 7 inches long. Thin. Small balls, but a great fuck. Last forever.

by Anonymousreply 28810/15/2013

I found another site with signs of intelligent life so I am off to discuss Walking Dead with them. You jokers can continue to bore each other with your lame attempts at humor. Eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 28910/15/2013

Well, 289. You were sadly misled if you thought you would find intelligent life here at DL. Goodbye and good riddance to your humorless ass. We'll see how long it is before the other group tosses you out for your blandness and your bossy attitude. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

by Anonymousreply 29010/15/2013

>>Hershel - cut, 8 inches. Big old-man balls.

Don't forget to mention the overgrown gray hair on his balls and climbing up his shaft.

by Anonymousreply 29110/15/2013

Ah, so there is a Walking Dead troll who surfs the net for any discussion. Now it makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 29210/15/2013

Excellent explanation R258 for the roof collapse and the wine shelves falling.

I would add that I think people were up on the roof because they were either getting on, or coming off the transport helicopter when it was overrun.

All in all, the premiere was a fun show.

I, also, can't wait for next Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 29310/15/2013

[quote]Shane was cut and hung like a horse (with huge bull balls). Could fuck for dayz.

Shane had serious power/authority issues, wanting to off Rick and control the tribe which screams tinymeat. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 29410/15/2013

The old man just happened to find a prosthetic leg that fit him? How convenient and cost effective on the CGI.

by Anonymousreply 29510/15/2013

Carol: The posse is heading out from Phoenix at dusk. Can you heat up the chicken?

by Anonymousreply 29610/15/2013

Watching this show has had a strange effect on me, it has sort of made me insensitive to death, gore and misery.

by Anonymousreply 29710/15/2013

And now we welcome you with open arms, r297.

by Anonymousreply 29810/15/2013

This episode could have been called Meh...

No mention of Andrea in the recap. She must be very popular behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 29910/15/2013

I hope the real fans of Walking Dead can see from the posts that have pretty much ruined this thread, that there is a seriously unfunny asshole who is trying desperately to thwart discussion of the show. I told you so at R181.

I'm guessing that it's the same person who tries to ban soap threads, or any other discussion of popular television shows.

It really boggles my mind what sort of trauma causes a person to behave this way, but I guess that's why we have mental institutions.

In any case, this thread is pretty much over thanks to the nutcase.

Any serious discussion we try to have about the show will be ruined, because for every 1 serious post we have, this no-life will post 7 inane replies, thinking that it is hysterically funny.

I can only imagine what a pathetic heap of crazy is sitting behind their keyboard for 24 hours a day, trying desperately to ruin other peoples' discussion of Walking Dead.

Or it could also be a producer of Mad Men, who is insanely jealous of the success of Walking Dead. I can't decide.

Guess we're gonna have to run away from the mental case and disguise Walking Dead threads, the way the soap fans have to do it with their threads.

by Anonymousreply 30010/15/2013

r181, r300 is the freak/troll, imo.

But on a general note, I've always wondered about these thread purity nuts. I've seen it all the time over the years. The thread has been sullied! We must purge and begin anew! WTF is that about?

by Anonymousreply 30110/15/2013

Secondary infections!

Earlier posters seem to be on the right track in their assessment, and were was confirmed with that Vulture article. Another disease that is similar to the Spanish flu (but completely separate from the still unnamed “walker virus”) is spreading.

This one must infect and take action rapidly because the kid was asymptomatic and seemingly healthy at the beginning of the day, but dead by the end of it. As another poster previously pointed out, the bleeding from the eyes is indicative of hemorrhaging caused by an infection from something like the Ebola virus.

And once the victim succumbs to the infection from the flu virus and dies, the latent “walker virus” takes effect and reanimates the dying/dead person resulting in a flesheater. At least that is what makes sense from the little bit of information that we have been given.

It’s a shame that they have no scientists among their citizenry. It would be nice if one of the Woodbury refugees was a doctor or researcher, but it seems like any scientific experience died with Milton.

Will they be able to figure out that they are dealing with a secondary epidemic? Will they understand why some get sick and some don’t (as happens with any flu epidemic) and nail down a potential cause or treatment? Probably not, but it won't matter for long anyway as the pandemic looks like it will kill it's victims quickly, and the survivors will likely be immune.

At least the fast acting disease will thin the cast out.

by Anonymousreply 30410/16/2013

I bet Carl catches the flu and almost dies.

by Anonymousreply 30510/16/2013

I would be all for Carl dying, but it needs to be quick. No drawn out sympathetic deathbed type scenario. Can't stand the little creep.

Geesh, I sound deranged but the kid bugs and it is just a tv show.

by Anonymousreply 30610/16/2013

Was the new flu in the comics?

by Anonymousreply 30810/16/2013

R308, no. I don't think much of anything from the episode was in the books.

by Anonymousreply 30910/16/2013

[quote]I bet Carl catches the flu and almost dies.

This sentence is one word away from making me happy.

by Anonymousreply 31010/16/2013

[quote] And once the victim succumbs to the infection from the flu virus and dies, the latent “walker virus” takes effect and reanimates the dying/dead person resulting in a flesheater.

Thank you, R304! That was an excellent explanation. How completely terrifying to think that there are even worse viruses that come to life during a zombie apocalypse!

I hope they keep the suspense up, because this first episode was terrific.

[quote] It’s a shame that they have no scientists among their citizenry. It would be nice if one of the Woodbury refugees was a doctor or researcher, but it seems like any scientific experience died with Milton.

This is exactly what I said during last season's finale! Why kill off such an interesting and intellectual character as Milton, when his talents could be put to such good use??

What a mistake to kill him off, especially since the actor himself was capable of being creepy and sympathetic at the same time. He was perfect for the show.

I said it before, but this show definitely needs more intellectual characters, because there's way too much testosterone and bravado, and not enough intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 31110/16/2013

Is the fact that the one of the walkers had the flu or died from the flu mean anything? Did he just die from the flu and therefore he looked ill with it or do the dead catch it too?

by Anonymousreply 31210/16/2013

[quote]Is the fact that the one of the walkers had the flu or died from the flu mean anything?

Well, considering there now a walker in the secured part of the prison while everyone is sleeping means something. I still think him thanking Daryll for the meat was the clue. The pig dying too. wasn't the animal Rick and Clara come across moaning too? The Flu is in the food supply. The kid had maybe five lines so they were important.

by Anonymousreply 31310/16/2013

Yes, there were dying animals when Rick was out on his walkabout. This is like Death in Venice.

by Anonymousreply 31410/16/2013

Early on in the episode didn't Daryl call one of the new characters "Doc" or something close to that?

It was the first part of the scene where he licked his fingers before shaking hands with the nerdy kid.

Daryl was walking to where Carol was cooking (I think that's what she was doing) and while he walked toward her, he called one of the people walking away Doc...I think. Then Carol played up that Daryl might be jealous because she was talking to "Doc" and she said something like "If it makes you feel better, I liked you first."

It could just be a nickname, but it could also mean that they gained a doctor or someone with medical training either from Woodbury or from the other stragglers that they have been slowly and carefully (answer 3 questions!) welcoming to their fold.

I don't remember them ever showing/talking about a doctor being in Woodbury. So maybe this one came from somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 31510/16/2013

For anyone who is wondering, in certain parts of the world, one of the types of ebola virus is spread from pigs to humans and then human to human.

by Anonymousreply 31610/16/2013

R299, yeah I wonder if that actress was hated by the writers? Andrea had a pitiful death where she acted like a complete idiot whereas Merle went out on a high note. Andrea was so great in the comics yet they trashed her in the series. I think they hated the actress. Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 31710/16/2013

I believe the black guy that brought down the shelves of wine was a medic in the military, r315.

by Anonymousreply 31810/16/2013

[quote]I believe the black guy that brought down the shelves of wine...

Speaking of which, what's the actor's name? I know I've seen him in something else.

by Anonymousreply 31910/16/2013

R315, there was a doctor, of sorts, in Woodbury. She was a black woman, who would examine new arrivals like Andrea and Michonne. IIRC, she had a pretty fierce 'do, for a survivor anyway. She also treated the Governor when Michonne gouged out his eye. Don't know what became of her, though.

Speaking of things that just sort of disappeared, I think Milton's mysterious "tea" in Woodbury that was mentioned so often, never got identified. The concept was just dropped after a while. Strange.

by Anonymousreply 32010/16/2013

What are you talking about R317? Andrea's death was very moving. They didn't even show her getting chomped by a walker.

The showrunner said that they had basically screwed up that character and they didn't know where else to go with Andrea. My thoughts is that they fucked up the character, fans complained about her constantly, so they killed her.

by Anonymousreply 32110/16/2013

[quote]Andrea was so great in the comics yet they trashed her in the series.

Comic Andrea is still alive and is as badass as Michonne. She had the same origin but became the #1 Marksman (woman) of the group.

She has a huge scar on her face from a serial killer prisoner who attempted to murder her (and who did kill others)

So much good stuff is being left out of the TV series.

by Anonymousreply 32210/16/2013

R322, I agree. Only Andrea story I didn't like from the books was her relationship with Dale, which was sexual at one point rather than solely paternal as in the TV series. But I do like how tough she has become in the books.

by Anonymousreply 32310/16/2013

Carol never explained her dyke haircut. It does give off a vibe.

by Anonymousreply 32410/16/2013

3, 2, 1...

by Anonymousreply 32510/16/2013

R321, I completely disagree.

Here's why. She's tied to a chair, and the governor shoots Milton. She knows he will turn and instead of untying herself being her main priority, she instead chit chats with Milton for a while. She didn't even really try to untie herself UNTIL after she was sure Milton had passed. After that, I was all: she deserves to die! What a fucking idiot this woman is. Anyone with a brain would've focused on untying themselves first but not Andrea even though it took Milton a long while to die. They wrote her like a complete idiot in season 3, and I wonder if it was just that the writers hated the actress?

by Anonymousreply 32610/16/2013

Carol is a lesbian. I wish you Walking Dead fans stop being in denial about it, and just accept it.

by Anonymousreply 32710/16/2013

Give it up weirdo troll @R327.

by Anonymousreply 32810/16/2013

I'm glad R328

Now we can discuss who Carol will hookup with this season.

Being with that abusive husband has turned her off men.

by Anonymousreply 32910/16/2013

Carol the character is not a lesbian. The actress who plays her is.

by Anonymousreply 33010/16/2013

R326, Andrea was often suicidal and depressed. Remember in season 1 when she wanted to stay in the CDC while it got blown up but Dale got her to leave? Then there was some discussion with Michonne (If I'm remembering correctly) in season 3 where she asked why do they bother to go on. Maybe by the time she was tied in the chair she was just exhausted from living?

by Anonymousreply 33110/16/2013

I remember that complaint, r326, after the show aired, and I hadn't seen it yet. So with that in mind, I watched carefully, and she was working on untying herself as she spoke to Milton. She didn't wait until the last second.

by Anonymousreply 33210/16/2013

I love Michonne. I hope turns out to be a Lesbian. I would need a woman like her to take care of me in the post-apocalypse world. I think it's implied that she's a Sappho.

by Anonymousreply 33310/16/2013

R333. I'm pretty sure Michonne is not a lesbian. I've never seen her eat chicken.

by Anonymousreply 33410/16/2013

I am betting Carol will hook up with Michonne this season. Now, I know everyone is saying that Carol isn't a lesbian but do recall Billie Jean King said the same thing. Carol is for sure a lesbian. She just doesn't know it yet.

by Anonymousreply 33510/16/2013

Exactly R335, why do you think TPTB dropped that reference last season.

She is an abused wife who has turned off men. Who can blame her?

A man beat her up, and a man killed her child.

by Anonymousreply 33610/16/2013

[quote][R299], yeah I wonder if that actress was hated by the writers? Andrea had a pitiful death where she acted like a complete idiot whereas Merle went out on a high note. Andrea was so great in the comics yet they trashed her in the series. I think they hated the actress. Anyone know?

I don't think it has anything to do with people liking or disliking the actress. The "previously on" bit is very limited in time, and they have to use it to remind the audience of things they need to know for upcoming episodes. Her storyline is dead, so they didn't feel the need to bring her up again.

[quote]Speaking of which, what's the actor's name? I know I've seen him in something else.

See the link below. I knew him from The Wire. The actor who plays Tyreese (Chad Coleman) was also on The Wire.

by Anonymousreply 33710/16/2013

D'Angelo Barksdale! Yes, thank you, R337. How could I forget? I seriously need to re-watch THE WIRE.

by Anonymousreply 33810/16/2013

Miley and Britney will be around for the long run. They have looks, brains and the talent to keep it real for a long time. They will be like Madonna was... a 25+ year career. Madonna has faded now and Britney and Miley are the new saviors of pop music. They are innovative, fresh, unique and will carry pop music for the next 25 years. I get chills when I realize that I am a part of this rich musical history.

by Anonymousreply 33910/16/2013

Is Britney a walker?

by Anonymousreply 34010/16/2013

Walkers are more intelligent than both Britney and Miley put together. They sing and dance better too. Better be careful changing the subject, R181 is going to fly off the handle again.

by Anonymousreply 34110/16/2013

My favorite walker is George Herbert WALKER Bush, followed by Jimmie WALKER and Luke SkyWALKER. Clint WALKER was okay too, but he was before my time.

by Anonymousreply 34210/16/2013

God, that's going to suck nasty ones if Daryl is a Typhoid Mary. He'll be banished.

by Anonymousreply 34310/16/2013

Interesting r330. That would explain the hair. She had her hair that short for way before this role.

by Anonymousreply 34410/16/2013

[R330] Everyone knows Carol is a lesbian except Carol. After a long struggle this was finally confirmed today.

by Anonymousreply 34510/16/2013

I always thought it would be cool if Daryl was gay but it looks like he is interested in that young girl...

by Anonymousreply 34610/17/2013

You know what's the worst thing about the "Carol is a lesbian troll?"

It's not just that the creature is redundant and boring, but moreso that it is PAINFULLY UNFUNNY. To the point where you would leave the room if you inhabited the same space.

There is honestly nothing worse than someone who thinks they're hilarious, but in reality they are a complete and total loser. And a bore. And not even REMOTELY funny.

I'm seriously creeped out just discussing this loser.

by Anonymousreply 34710/17/2013

Apparently, after the Zombie Apocalypse, there are no gay people.

by Anonymousreply 34910/17/2013

Except Carol and the black chick.

by Anonymousreply 35010/17/2013

This has nothing to do with Carol the character or Melissa McBride the actress being a lesbian. Truth is, nobody gives a shit.

This is all about ONE IRRITATING motherfucker who tries to be funny, but is just. fucking. annoying.

Ever meet those people who tell really bad jokes that make people groan, or who laugh at things no one else laughs at? THAT'S the "Carol is a lesbian" troll.

I'm guessing that "thing" is incredibly socially awkward, and tries to be funny here but just... ISN'T.

And being redundant just makes this troll even more pitiful. It's uncomfortable to read and watch this troll try to "joke" on this thread.

It's really more sad than anything else. Just... stop. Before you embarass yourself more.

by Anonymousreply 35110/17/2013

Then it shouldn't bother you R351

Don't like it, don't read it.

That simple.

by Anonymousreply 35210/17/2013

R351, the only reason he's doing it is because he knows it gets to you. Ignore it and it will stop.

by Anonymousreply 35310/17/2013

[R347] must really have something against lesbians. There is nothing wrong with lesbians. I come from a long line of them myself.

by Anonymousreply 35410/17/2013

I love you, you love me.

They all think we're just friends

but we're really lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 35510/17/2013

R351 is one of the Walking Dead fans who don't lesbians on the show at all.

by Anonymousreply 35610/17/2013

How do we know Carol is a lesbian?

1) She has a dyke do. 2) She wears men's clothes. 3) Her best friend is Daryl. 4) She named her daughter Sofie which sounds suspiciously close to Sappho. 5) She studied midwifery.

How much more do you need to know before you get the picture?

by Anonymousreply 35710/17/2013

Carol has also had bad luck with men. Her husband beat her up, and now it looks like Darryl will dump her for someone younger.

This has all happened to other women, who have turned lesbian because of this. Sexual fluidity.

by Anonymousreply 35810/17/2013

Lol, if you see a black actor that looks familiar there is a decent chance it was from The Wire R338. That show is one of the few that actually employed a very large cast of talented black actors.

by Anonymousreply 35910/17/2013

I suspect she was a lesbian long before she married her husband but didn't want to come out. Just have a look at those shoes she wears. Lesbian shoes for sure.

by Anonymousreply 36010/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 36210/17/2013

[quote]Lol, if you see a black actor that looks familiar there is a decent chance it was from The Wire [R338]. That show is one of the few that actually employed a very large cast of talented black actors.

I've been seeing actors from the Wire pop up everywhere lately.

by Anonymousreply 36310/17/2013

Are any of the black actors from the wire lesbians, like Carol?

by Anonymousreply 36410/17/2013

I wonder when the governor is going to show up again.

by Anonymousreply 36510/17/2013

When Patrick died at the end, I had to reflect on the whole episode and review. One of the first things you see Patrick do is introduce himself to Daryl and shake his hand saying he is his hero. Then Patrick takes over for Carol (who is straight) serving up the food…Okay, that can’t be good. Then you remember the sick pig, and how it was dead towards the end. Remember when Rick was gardening and found that gun buried? I’m pretty sure there are some dead bodies in the soil as well.

So lets review…This could be an airborne contagion, it could be viral, it could be bacterial. Maybe when you die, you turn into a zombie, okay to kill a zombie, you shoot them in the head…but maybe that doesn’t kill the virus, so when you plant over dead bodies, maybe the food is now being contaminated.

by Anonymousreply 36610/17/2013

I think they laid some nice groundwork for the coming season. Is what killed Patrick a mutated form of what brought about the apocalypse? Is it a more benign, but just as deadly threat? In my opinion, the first two seasons were exciting and awesome.

The second half of the third season was drawn out and boring. Who didn’t know that Andrea and Merle would fucking die? With past seasons, everyone is going along, doing their thing and BANG! they’re dead. It was a shock, it was a loss. They moved too far away from that. Frankly, introducing characters simply to fucking kill them off with no emotional attachment to the audience cheapens the experience.

So, where will this season take us? I hope they can take it in a direction that advances the story. Get back into making morally ambiguous characters like Shane. Was he a bad guy, or was he a guy put into an impossible situation that did bad things, or at least things that we’d like believe we wouldn’t do ourselves?

by Anonymousreply 36710/17/2013

I'm glad you mentioned the buried gun that Rick found r366.

I tried to figure out what the significance of that could be, but nothing has come to mind yet. It was apparently loaded because Rick removed the cartridge and threw it in the wheelbarrow.

by Anonymousreply 36810/17/2013

I thought Rick throwing the gun in the wheelbarrow was just to symbolize his transition from warrior to farmer.

by Anonymousreply 36910/17/2013

For R370:

by Anonymousreply 37110/18/2013

LMAO, R180!!!!!! Never thought I'd see THAT referenced her.

by Anonymousreply 37210/18/2013

[quote]A man beat [Carol] up, and a man killed her child.

What are you talking about, R336?

Sophie wasn't killed by Rick, or Otis, or any other living man, she was bitten by a zombie.

I don't think Carol will hold the actions of a few rogue zombies against the entirety of the male species.

by Anonymousreply 37310/18/2013

Daryl better hit it!

by Anonymousreply 37410/18/2013

Can we stop talking about Carol's sexuality and talk about all things Rick/Andrew Lincoln?

by Anonymousreply 37510/18/2013

[quote] Sophie wasn't killed by Rick

So Rick didn't shoot Sophie in the head?

by Anonymousreply 37610/18/2013

LOL at r374

by Anonymousreply 37710/18/2013

The actors who play Michonne and Rick said they don't see anything beyond friendship with the two of them.

They also wonder why fans think it's romantic.

by Anonymousreply 37910/18/2013

Maggie said she wasn't pregnant so that implies Glen slipped her the chopstick at least once.

by Anonymousreply 38110/18/2013

R351 is pushing me towards Team "Carol is a lesbian"

by Anonymousreply 38210/18/2013

The big romance was between Andrea and Michonne last season. They didn't wave a rainbow flag but it was pretty clear there was some rug munching going on. Now that Andrea is history I suspect Michonne will be lighting the fire for Carol soon.

by Anonymousreply 38310/18/2013

I'm pretty sure Carol had a line in season one where she said something about tongue punching her roommates box in college. Do you all remember that? And then there was that epic monologue in season two about the Indigo Girls. The hints have been there all along, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 38410/18/2013

"Zombie extras drinking water!"

by Anonymousreply 38510/18/2013

Carol did go to university in Berkeley. That in itself is pretty telling.

by Anonymousreply 38610/19/2013

You've got to be kidding, lady. Though I can see how this show would upset a older woman's sensitivity.

by Anonymousreply 38810/19/2013

Honey, nothing in four seasons of "The Walking Dead" is as horrifying as Honey Boo Boo. At least we know TWD is fiction.

by Anonymousreply 38910/19/2013

Last you thing you want in a zombie apocalypse is to get pregnant. Much like Carol, I'd look for some girl on girl action.

by Anonymousreply 39010/19/2013

[quote]I guess it would be mutual masturbation, oral and anal but rarely intercourse

The Rhythm Method may not be infallible (unlike me), but it'll at least save Maggie and Glenn from the torments of hell.

by Anonymousreply 39310/19/2013

C'mon ask any Republican politician, if you can't get pregnant from rape, surely you can't from all the constant stress of a Zombie Apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 39410/19/2013

How long can the walkers go on for anyway? Wouldn't most everyone who became a walker in the initial infection period have rotted away by now? It's not like bacteria are dead. Is there an explanation for their longevity in the comic? I haven't read it.

by Anonymousreply 39510/19/2013

You're applying logic, R395? Logic to a zombie apocalypse. OK. Good luck there.

by Anonymousreply 39610/19/2013

And just what happens to the walkers if they don't eat? Do they starve?

by Anonymousreply 39710/19/2013

No, r396, I'm not applying logic; I would assume that when the walkers stop walking or start rotting away in one place, it would create new issues that would lead to other forms of dramatic license and tension.

by Anonymousreply 39810/19/2013

[quote]it would create new issues that would lead to other forms of dramatic license and tension.

You wanna see tension? Watch Carol and Michonne in the group scenes.

by Anonymousreply 39910/19/2013

When Michonne rode into camp near the beginning of the episode, she handed Carl some comic books and she handed Rick something saying "And I found this. Your face is losing the war." What was the thing she gave him?

Kind of looked like a electric barber clippers, but of course they don't have electricity so that makes no sense. Was it just a joke?

by Anonymousreply 40010/19/2013

Of all the things that bother me on this show, it's how god damned filthy everything is - if there were walking cadavers, not only would I live inside a purell bottle (until they were gone), I'd be bathing non stop, and probably wear more than just a tank top when bashing in corpse brains.

by Anonymousreply 40110/19/2013

Imagine the smells.

by Anonymousreply 40210/19/2013

R400 Michonne handed Carl a tube of Clearasil.

by Anonymousreply 40310/19/2013

Carol is not Michonne's type. Andrea was. I wonder how much alt/slash about that was out there on the intertubes.

by Anonymousreply 40410/19/2013

We can only guess who will be doing a potluck at the fence for the walkers. Carol isn't killing any stereotypes, is she?

by Anonymousreply 40510/19/2013

So am I reading this right that Carol is a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 40610/19/2013

Is Carol really anyone's type? She has grown on me but she is very plain looking.

by Anonymousreply 40710/19/2013

[quote]Someone also pointed out that the big screen tv's are useless but the batteries included with the remotes might still be good. They should be ripping those boxes open.

Umm, you DO know that you can buy batteries on their own, right? You don't need to open boxes of electronic devices to get some?

by Anonymousreply 40810/20/2013

You DO know you're posting in a thread about a Zombie Apocalypse, r408? One of the first things people would have grabbed other than water, food and gas is batteries. I thought the person who thought of the remote batteries was very clever. You, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 40910/20/2013

R409 they have been looting big box stores around the area. I'm sure they must of stumbled on some boxes of batteries.

by Anonymousreply 41010/20/2013

bump for tonite!

by Anonymousreply 41110/20/2013

Looking forward to seeing what the Harry Potter walker does in the prison...

by Anonymousreply 41210/20/2013

SHe's walker bait!

by Anonymousreply 41310/20/2013

chomp chomp chew chew mmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 41410/20/2013

Well played, I thought the woman was a goner. Who did he get? Looked like somebody maybe from Woodbury that I'm not familiar with.

by Anonymousreply 41510/20/2013

All the chomping and intestines are grossing me out, I guess it's good for the diet because I lost my appetite.

Is the little girl feeding the walkers by the fence mice?

by Anonymousreply 41610/20/2013

Anyone up for Spaghetti dinner tonight?

by Anonymousreply 41710/20/2013

oh shit the fence is going to come down

by Anonymousreply 41810/20/2013

That little girl deserves to have her ass whooped for feeding those zombies

by Anonymousreply 41910/20/2013

Why was that little cunt feeding the walkers? How stupid can you get? Jeez!

by Anonymousreply 42010/20/2013

I hope that baby turns into a zombie: now that would be good television

by Anonymousreply 42110/20/2013

Wait, was it shown that the little girl was feeding the walkers or are you guys drawing that conclusion?

by Anonymousreply 42210/20/2013

Did anyone feel really bad for the little piglets? :(

by Anonymousreply 42310/20/2013

They need to find some way of killing more walkers at once. This stick in the eye thing is getting tedious. They need to make some sort of Mad Max flamethrower thingamajig.

by Anonymousreply 42510/20/2013

Apparently even in a Zombie Apocalypse you can still get a nice chest wax.

by Anonymousreply 42610/20/2013

Molotav cocktails, r425. Made with the liquor they NEVER bring back from those runs. Please don't let me get stuck with a bunch of teetotalers when the ZA happens. Better yet, let it be a gaggle of stoners. We could grow our own. Here's hoping the second hand smoke doesn't give the Biters the Munchies.

by Anonymousreply 42710/20/2013

LOL R427. I'm not much of a pot smoker but god knows I'd be craving a joint so bad in that situation. Can you imagine the constant stress combined with the endless boredom? Enter the doobie which makes the dull and mundane entertaining and the stressful no big deal. Surely it has to be the perfect drug for the ZA.

by Anonymousreply 42810/20/2013

ARe you kidding? Pot makes me paranoid. I'd be scared all the time if I smoked pot during a ZA.

I'd take vicodin and benzos...and good ole fashioned liquor.

by Anonymousreply 42910/20/2013

Oh who you kidding? You pussies wouldn't have made it off your front porches.

by Anonymousreply 43010/20/2013

[quote] They need to find some way of killing more walkers at once.

I said the same thing. They need some sort of big earth mover, armored bulldozer, something like that. They could take out a whole herd of zombies no problem. They could also use the machinery to dig some deep trenches around the prison.

There's bound to be tons of heavy construction equipment and fuel around.

by Anonymousreply 43110/20/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 43210/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 43310/20/2013

I'd be scared all the time without the pot, r429. Lawd, don't let me get stuck in a get away car with a tweeker. A nice, mellow stoner driving with a secret stash of junk food and some Grateful Dead tapes is the car I want to ride in. And no Hershel. All that philosophizin' would just ruin my buzz.

by Anonymousreply 43410/20/2013

They never revealed who was feeding rats to the walkers,it's implied that there's an enemy in the prison working against the group.

by Anonymousreply 43510/20/2013

Thank you r435... I think that's a little odd given they've already done something like that last season but who knows

by Anonymousreply 43610/20/2013

Hayley Williams on Talking Dead? Is the music thing not working out? I thought she looked beautiful in the Stay the Night video not so much tonight...

by Anonymousreply 43710/21/2013

I don't think I knew any of the characters who died tonight and the girl friend of the black guy (if I remember correctly) was only introduced last week...

Carol with the daughters of the infected man was badly written and directed...

How come they have strayed so far from the comics?

by Anonymousreply 43810/21/2013

Well, they'd have to make something that stab the zombies in the brains, because that's the only way to kill them.

I wonder what they're doing with all the dead zombies? When do they go collect them? It seems they are always hanging out, floopin around, pushing on the fence, but no bodies on the ground.

by Anonymousreply 43910/21/2013

I've noticed that too, r439. At this point there ought to be mounds of dead zombies around the fences. Guess the show doesn't have the budget for it tho!

by Anonymousreply 44010/21/2013

R438, I seem to remember Andrea talking with a "Carol" at Woodbury last season. I don't think she was just introduced this season.

by Anonymousreply 44110/21/2013

r438, I remember that woman was the one left alive after The Governor shot all his people.

by Anonymousreply 44210/21/2013

Yeah that was Mom from "Teen Wolf" and she definitely had a handful appearances last season even if she didn't get a ton of development.

by Anonymousreply 44310/21/2013

Karen, not Carol.

by Anonymousreply 44510/21/2013

Karen is the girlfriend who was burned. She was around last season as a very minor character.

by Anonymousreply 44610/21/2013

Did anyone notice how Carol is now carrying around a man's wallet in her back pocket?

by Anonymousreply 44710/21/2013

Is the wallet on a chain, r447?

I have to wait until this hits Amazon sometime overnight or tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 44810/21/2013

The wallet is hanging off her tool belt, r448.

by Anonymousreply 44910/21/2013

This episode of Talking Dead is a lot more fun than last week's. Is Nicotero gay? He certainly uses tha hands to maka tha point. Hardwick is always better when he has a couple of people to riff jokes off of. This was a good episode. I turned down the sound and covered my eyes when it became apparent that Rick was going to serve up the three little pigs.

by Anonymousreply 45010/21/2013

I don't think it could have been a kid feeding the Walkers those rats, unless she had a step-stool.

My guess - no rationale or reason, save for the fact that he's from 'The Wire' and has had a good career: The guy from last week who was trapped under that liquor case. Seems like he'd have the chops to fly under the radar, character-wise. Good episode, but I was waiting for Rick to pull puppies out of that box once he ran out of piglets. I like Carol's turning into a bad-ass. Also, I hold a baby pretty much like Michonne. Not so good.

by Anonymousreply 45110/21/2013

The first time I saw an interview with Greg Nicotero years back I thought he came across as gay but he of course turned out to be married with children.

by Anonymousreply 45210/21/2013

[quote] The guy from last week who was trapped under that liquor case.

He is probably The Governor's mole to infiltrate the place.

by Anonymousreply 45310/21/2013

[quote] Carol with the daughters of the infected man was badly written and directed...

I thought those scenes with Carol and the children were actually funny.

"Dear, it's time someone told you the truth. YOU'RE WEAK!!"

ROFL! Who wrote that line?? A producer from Mommie Dearest? Omg, that was high camp.

And I especially love the younger sister's reply to Carol.. "She's not weak. She's has problems!" Oh, lordy.

Is Carol taking a dark turn? Once Tyrese's gf started getting sick, Carol was giving her some dirty looks. Which leaves me wondering if it was Carol or Tyrese's sister who burned them. Interesting...

This episode was a bit slow. It always frustrates me when this happens, because although I know it takes time to tell a story, there are only 16 episodes in a season, so I want every single one to COUNT.

When I see an episode like this, where there is a little bit too much talking, I get annoyed. With Walking Dead, I want to see ACTION ACTION ACTION.

Anything else, and I feel a bit cheated. I dunno... that's just me. There was a little bit too much talking in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 45410/21/2013

The producer/director/FX guy on Talking Dead last night said that they don't do the fire thing because the trees could catch on fire and be uncontrollable and it would probably attract more humans which is the second to last thing they want at the prison.

by Anonymousreply 45510/21/2013

I'm in the camp that says they need to find a way to kill whole groups of zombies. Picking them off one at a time--that's just not gonna work over the long haul. I think fire is the way to go and it worked on the zombies in the Gov's pit.

Yeah, I heard Nicotero address that issue, but it seemed like he hadn't really thought it through and started mumbling something about boom boxes and sound and got kinda lost in crosstalk.

So he says no fire 'cause it'll attract people. But Rick tells Crazy Lady in the Woods that the key is safety in numbers.

Oh, well. I should back off. Nitpicking takes all the fun out of it.

by Anonymousreply 45610/21/2013

Yes, but don't they burn the Walkers they dispatch? They did that on the farm. They have always put too much faith in those fences. The fences were meant to keep one or two convicts from escaping. Not to support the body weight of a hundred walkers. Why not build fire pits like The Governor did around the grounds. Lure them to the pit and once they fall in, burn them. There are not enough deterrents to keep them away from the fences to begin with. Morgan was one guy and he had his defenses down to a science. What DO they do with all that rotting flesh? Burning would ensure that whatever other bugs they are carrying around would be destroyed. it seem's like they are all in denial about how safe and idyllic the prison is. And Michonne's revenge fantasy is going to get her killed or captured by the wrong people. Dumb. Just dumb.

by Anonymousreply 45710/21/2013

You know Maggie is a goner...the minute Glenn took that photo.

Harry Potter kills off only Woodbury people we don't even know.

Very anti climactic episode. Am I missing something?

Yes, Nicotero does waive the arms around alot. That Hayley person on Talking Dead, was she a dwarf or something??

by Anonymousreply 45810/21/2013

Bob might be working for The Hunters,a cannibal tribe that appears in the comics.

by Anonymousreply 45910/21/2013

So do we think Karen - Tyrese's gf-- died because of the flu, then had her brains destroyed, then was dragged outside and burned?

Or do we think she might've still been human when she was killed/attacked/burned?

by Anonymousreply 46010/21/2013

[quote]I've noticed that too, [R439]. At this point there ought to be mounds of dead zombies around the fences. Guess the show doesn't have the budget for it tho!

Mounds of zombie carcasses that the walkers could climb up and over the fence like Naval Academy cadets climbing the Herndon monument.

Excuse for gratuitous video

by Anonymousreply 46110/21/2013

Request permission to come aboard, sir.

by Anonymousreply 46210/21/2013

R460, it's more interesting if she was killed before dying/turning from the flu. Why would anyone hide the fact that they killed her if she had turned already?

OR maybe Karen is still alive? In tv shows, whenever anyone is burned to a crisp and is unrecognizable, it's common that they're actually alive.

by Anonymousreply 46310/21/2013

As Carol moves into the dark side she seems to be heading to a full time life on Valenica Street as well. I wonder if she will turn vegan?

by Anonymousreply 46410/21/2013

I'm looking forward to Carol's nutloaf recipe.

by Anonymousreply 46510/21/2013

Carol would look so much better if they put her in a colorful sundress, stuck a flower in her hair over her ear.. and gave her some cute espadrilles to wear on her feets.

by Anonymousreply 46610/21/2013

Never got a lez vibe from Carol. She's just practical.

by Anonymousreply 46710/21/2013

Man, that poster last week was enraged about the Carol comments/jokes.

That said, they're not really funny anymore.

by Anonymousreply 47010/21/2013

R470 what is your problem with Carol being a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 47110/21/2013

[quote]Hayley Williams on Talking Dead? Is the music thing not working out? I thought she looked beautiful in the Stay the Night video not so much tonight...

Her band is currently on tour. When musicians are on tour or have a new album, they do media. Do you not understand Publicity 101?

[quote]When I see an episode like this, where there is a little bit too much talking, I get annoyed. With Walking Dead, I want to see ACTION ACTION ACTION. Anything else, and I feel a bit cheated. I dunno... that's just me. There was a little bit too much talking in this episode.

You sound like a real fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 47210/21/2013

If I recall correctly, in the books there was a little boy with them in prison who went crazy and ended up killing a bunch of people (beheading) ... I wonder if they're doing the same, but with the little girl (Lizzie?)instead. It was the sister saying "she's not scared, she's messed up" that got me really thinking. Although I'm not sure a little girl could drag adult bodies out like that.

But we're so strayed from the books already, so who knows!

by Anonymousreply 47310/21/2013

That was a serial killer, R473, who was one of the prisoners. In the books he decapitated I think a few people including two little girls and he almost killed Andrea. He cut up her face and left a permanent scar.

by Anonymousreply 47410/21/2013

R474 ... you're right! I went back and looked, and was thinking of the creepy twin boys. Some of the kids killed by the serial killer (one of the prisoners) were Herschel's younger kids (not in the series).

by Anonymousreply 47510/21/2013

I really liked this episode. Good tension. Though I agree the scenes with Carol and the little girls didn't quite work. I also wish Michonne had more to do. I loved this character when she was first introduced and I think the actress playing her is so good.

by Anonymousreply 47710/21/2013

Walking Dead PTB says Michonne will be dominating the story this year.

by Anonymousreply 47810/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 47910/21/2013

At least they got Carl out of his father's stupid cowboy hat.

by Anonymousreply 48010/21/2013

Daryl buries the dead. Who wants to watch hours of him digging or burning zombies. We just assume it's done, just like we assume they brush their teeth or take a dump. We don't have to actually see it.

by Anonymousreply 48110/21/2013

Don't make excuses for them, r481.

Just showing once a digging or burial scene would be nice.

Plus, there could be the added excitement of being outside burying walkers when more walkers approach.

by Anonymousreply 48210/21/2013

This last episode showed Daryl digging a grave to bury the dead.

by Anonymousreply 48310/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 48410/21/2013

I think Daryl was burying his own dead and not the walker dead.

by Anonymousreply 48510/21/2013

Daryl has moved on from Carol. To Beth

by Anonymousreply 48710/21/2013

^No nutloaf for you!

by Anonymousreply 48810/21/2013

I wish the ghost of Merle would come back and give Daryl some more sexual abuse.

by Anonymousreply 48910/21/2013

The point is not which dead he was burying but that we got to see what they do with the bodies.

Do you want to watch action or people digging graves for an hour?

by Anonymousreply 49010/21/2013

r490, it would take about five seconds for Rick to say to Daryl, bury those bodies, they're starting to pile up.

by Anonymousreply 49110/21/2013

Yeah, and then 5 more seconds for Daryl to say "I ain't your bitch, boy."

and then 5 more seconds for them to start wrestling and ripping each others clothes off and then 5 more seconds for Carl to start shooting a gun in the air to stop them and then walkers respond and they all die.

Is that what you want?

by Anonymousreply 49210/21/2013

I think Carol's days are numbered. One of the kids she is teaching her will gut her...

by Anonymousreply 49310/21/2013

>>and then 5 more seconds for them to start wrestling and ripping each others clothes off

Is that what you want?

by Anonymousreply 49510/21/2013

I think TWD may have it in for lesbians. They killed off Andrea who admittedly was bi. This show we see Michonne falling into a depression and that lesbian Carol seems to be setting herself up to get killed next. Maybe we should be thankful we had three gay/bi women in one season.

by Anonymousreply 49610/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 49710/21/2013

Why do you find gay/bi women so disturbing?

by Anonymousreply 49810/21/2013

The writing for Carol now reminds me of the writing for Laurie/Andrea. The writers make the lead women annoying right before killing them off...

by Anonymousreply 49910/21/2013

Exactly. The writers go after the tough ladies. Poor Carol and Michonne.

by Anonymousreply 50010/21/2013

[quote] The writing for Carol now reminds me of the writing for Laurie/Andrea. The writers make the lead women annoying right before killing them off...

Wow, it's amazing how I was thinking the exact same thing.

Last season, when people complained that the writers on this show hate women, I kind of rolled my eyes.

However, a pattern does seem to be emerging.

Carol was just starting to find her voice last season, which even Merle noticed.

But now, it just seems that they're trying to make her crazy. Teaching kids how to engage in knife fights during storytelling time? Stabbing the girls' father in the brain while they watched and cried? Yelling at the girls and berating them for being weak?

And then when people start disliking her character because she has become so weird, it's gonna be so long Melissa McBride.

Carol is the only female "mom" character left from the original season, so I would love to see her being the nurturing one on the show. Michonne is too hard, as is Tyrese's sister.

I want to see a softer side of Carol, not some crazy lady. And PLEASE don't write her off!

by Anonymousreply 50110/21/2013

Is that really making her crazy R501? It is a freaking zombie apocalypse where the possibility of death is always around the corner. I think she was absolutely doing the right thing to toughen them up.

Thought maybe I am just "too hard" lol.

by Anonymousreply 50210/21/2013

Carol is finally listed as a series regular in the credits. About time!

by Anonymousreply 50310/21/2013

Carol lost her daughter, she probably has mourned her and regretted not giving the kid the skills to survive the walkers. It makes sense that she would try to give the kids a chance.

by Anonymousreply 50410/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 50510/21/2013

Her wanting to teach the kids survival skills makes sense to me and I think that was a good development, but she did come off wrong in the other scenes. Calling the girl weak because her first kill wasn't her father? Her telling Carl to lie instead of womaning up and telling Rick herself?... She came off really annoying, hypocritical, and harsh, like Andrea/Laurie did towards their ends...

Maybe I'm wrong since she's the only original female left, but if they keep writing her like this past episode. We'll be cheering for her death soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 50610/21/2013

Plotting on this show is actually pretty good, all things considered. Character writing is TERRIBLE.

Can anyone really tell me what Glenn and Maggie are like as people? I can't. Their characters are very poorly delineated. Was The Governor ever a coherently written character?

Compare how the writers of Breaking Bad developed and deepened Walter White's character through the seasons. On the other hand, frankly, the writers of TWD could kill off Rick and the show really wouldn't suffer.

by Anonymousreply 50710/21/2013

Oops, R506=R499. Typed in a wrong number...

And R500, I think Michonne is exempt since she's like a guy...

by Anonymousreply 50810/21/2013

It could be that the writers do not develop the characters because they don't want the audience to get too attached to them.

by Anonymousreply 50910/21/2013

I love the books and the show in general, but the female characters definitely suffer (usually in every way possible). I found a portion of the book extremely disturbing and difficult to get through, and for me, that's saying a lot. Michonne and Carol's plotlines in particular made me really pissed at Kirkman. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone, just saying that guy seems to have a thing against the ladies.

by Anonymousreply 51010/21/2013

[quote] Plotting on this show is actually pretty good, all things considered. Character writing is TERRIBLE.

Nicotero was originally a special effects guy, so it's no surprise that the writing is bad.

Both Gimple and Nicotero seem to be more focused on the special effects and zombie gore, rather than the characters. You should've seen how their eyes lit up when talking about the zombies "raining" from the ceiling in episode one.

The hard part about writing good characters is that the storyline would drag, as you learn about the characters. There's a fine line between pleasing the hardcore zombie fans, versus pleasing the people watching for the characters. Ultimately the zombie fans win, because it IS a zombie show, after all.

For me, as long as the pace of the story is fast and exciting, then I'm happy. Which I guess would make it hard to write for good character development.

I hope that no more main characters die, because it's really hard to warm to the new people. The show needs some core characters, for the sake of continuity.

by Anonymousreply 51110/21/2013

I got the distinct impression that there was some chemistry between Rick and Michonne in the season opener. And Carl seems quite close to her. What's going on there?

by Anonymousreply 51210/21/2013

I have to say Carol is the only character I care about so they better not fuck her up. And I agree that they have a bad track record with women who are given even a little equal screen time.

If the guy who writes this shit is a married man with kids, you'd think he wouldn't be completely clueless about writing female characters. But of course, just because lives with a woman, it doesn't mean he knows anything about women.

I would love it if Michael Cudlitz's character was gay, but I have little hope of that.

by Anonymousreply 51310/21/2013

Yoda/Herschel is getting on my nerves... almost as much as Michonne.

by Anonymousreply 51410/21/2013

In the most recent comics, how long has it been since Z-Day?

On the show it's been what, about 2 years?

Long enough for most of the original zombies to run out of energy and rot to mush, imo.

by Anonymousreply 51510/21/2013

I agree, at some point, the zombies of the first infection are going to be mush, and new walkers have to come from the vastly reduced population.

Therefore, less walkers.

by Anonymousreply 51610/21/2013

[quote]So do we think Karen - Tyrese's gf-- died because of the flu, then had her brains destroyed, then was dragged outside and burned? Or do we think she might've still been human when she was killed/attacked/burned?

That's the key question for next week, isn't it?

There was a lot of blood in those drag marks that led Tyrese to find their bodies, so maybe Karen and the guy ["David from the Decatur group"] were already dead.

Then again, maybe they resisted being dragged out to their deaths and were beaten, and THAT explains the blood.

If it's the second option [and I suspect that it is] then there's gonna be hell to pay when Tyrese figures out who did it. [And I think it was his sister.]

by Anonymousreply 51710/21/2013

I would happily watch an hour of Daryl digging graves shirtless. There. I said it. And I'd say it again if I had to!

by Anonymousreply 51810/22/2013

Daryl takes a shower

by Anonymousreply 51910/22/2013

When Rick burned the pig stuff and took off his shirt to burn it too, there was a brief, but delightful, full frame shot of his crotch.

I liked this week's episode.

by Anonymousreply 52010/22/2013

The stupidity in this episode pissed me off.

After dealing with the attacks in the prison and realising that there's some sort of virus or other infection floating around, Rick goes outside and encounters Carl and Maggie helping the limping Michonne.

As Carl runs up to hug him, Rick warns his son to stay away, but it's too late, the boy ran too fast and hugged his possibly-infected father who is covered in possibly-infected blood.

Rick then tells them that there's probably an infection, and they should stay away from him.

THEN, he watches as now-possibly-infected Carl goes back to helping Michonne and Maggie!

Wtf, idiot! As soon as the boy hugged you, he was possibly-infected and needed to stay away from everyone else, not just you!

by Anonymousreply 52110/22/2013

Poor little piggies. ;_;

I thought Rick was going to break one of each pig's legs to prevent it escaping the zombies (like the chicken at the farm in season 2), and then when he brought out the knife I was like omg no!

I wonder where the gang got the mama sow in the first place?

She looked like a normal pink farm pig, not a brown wild boar like the one the crazy Irish lady pounced on.

by Anonymousreply 52210/22/2013

R521, stop watching the show, then. Or else keep your inane observations to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 52310/22/2013

I think handing that little girl a knife was the bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 52510/22/2013

Why would they want us to not get too attached to the characters? Agree its targeted for the gore audience, but it seems like alot of filler these two episodes: Daryl digging graves (while pleasant to watch, a total waste in the plot), lots of boring conversations...

I'd actually like to see some contact with other survivors, even flashbacks to before the outbreak when their lives were normal. ANYTHING to alleviate the boredom that is this season so far.

by Anonymousreply 52610/22/2013

[quote] I have to say Carol is the only character I care about so they better not fuck her up

Especially since she is the only Lesbian on the show.

by Anonymousreply 52710/22/2013

If only those piggies had been armed...

by Anonymousreply 52910/22/2013

I get the feeling that the two girls whose father died are going to follow the plot line of the twin boys from the comic.

by Anonymousreply 53010/22/2013

It is interesting watching TWD villainize all of its lesbian/bi characters.

by Anonymousreply 53110/22/2013

I hope they kill off the singing babysitter. She's way too annoying.

by Anonymousreply 53210/22/2013

Next to die: Maggie. Just a hunch.

by Anonymousreply 53310/22/2013

That photo her boyfriend took did seem like the kiss of death.

by Anonymousreply 53410/22/2013

Yep, Mags is a goner. Poor Glen.

by Anonymousreply 53510/22/2013

It is too bad too. I would rather they killed off her sister.

by Anonymousreply 53610/22/2013

Who's her sister? The girl who sings? If so, yes. She needs her throat ripped out if nothing else, so she can't torture us with her song stylings anymore. I can't keep anyone on this show straight; names, faces, they're all a bland blur to me.

by Anonymousreply 53710/23/2013

R3 - You are going to have to fight me for him.

He must throw one mean fuck. I like it rough. I want me and Daryl to find the nearest river, wash each other off, and let him stick his meaty finger inside of me to open me up. What could we use as lube? I want him to fuck my ass all night long, every night of the week. I will totally be his bitch.

by Anonymousreply 53810/23/2013

I saw a preview of next week's episode. It looks dreadful. It's light comedy-musical episode, as the survivors are having a prison talent show, in the style of Glee. I cannot bear to watch Rick and Carl in tophats and tails tap dancing and singing Me and My Shadow.

by Anonymousreply 53910/23/2013

I think Emily Kinney the singing babysitter is a better actress than Lauren Cohan (Maggie) - she brings more vulnerability and I think the show needs an "innocent" like her - but Lauren Cohan is so much hotter. She does have a severe case of Resting Bitchface but I'd still do her. Carol and Michonne are the prettiest women on this show, though.

I was wondering if Glen/Maggie's storyline was going to follow anything like their comic book counterparts - they get married, have a baby and then Glen gets beaten to death by a rival gang - but it looks like that's not going to happen. This show is like a weird alternate universe of the comic books.

Carol is bisexual in the comics and goes apeshit and feeds herself to a walker over losing Tyreese to Michonne so I'm hoping the show goes way, way AU with her storyline because that was the stupidest shit in the universe.

by Anonymousreply 54310/24/2013

Remember when Caro L cut up some zombies?

by Anonymousreply 54510/24/2013

Tonight is the night once again. Any thoughts about what are merry walkers will do? Will Carol let her hair down? Will Maggie get eaten? Stay tuned.

by Anonymousreply 54710/27/2013

LOL R447. I love Carol's hair. I know it's taboo for women to not dye their gray, but hers is very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 54810/27/2013

It would work on me, not even gonna lie.

by Anonymousreply 55010/27/2013

[quote]Yep, Mags is a goner. Poor Glen.

He always belonged with Darryl anyway.

by Anonymousreply 55110/27/2013

A friend and I met Norman Reedus last night in Savannah, he's here for the SCAD Film Festival. He was actually very nice and volunteered to take a photo with us. He took the camera and did it as a selfie with the shitty front camera, but he was very nice nonetheless. I've met other D-List actors who were complete bitches.

by Anonymousreply 55210/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 55310/27/2013

I've met Norman Reedus, too. He was not only totally down to earth and seemed very good natured, but he had a wicked sense of humor, too.

by Anonymousreply 55410/27/2013

R552 was he with his rumored 20 year old 'model' girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 55510/27/2013

My that knit capped black man has turned into a bit of a pill. Remind me, who was David??

by Anonymousreply 55610/27/2013

Carol kind of runs the place now, doesn't she?

by Anonymousreply 55810/27/2013

In her kerchief mouth cover, Carol looked like a cross between Last Train to Gun Hill and Johnny Guitar.

by Anonymousreply 55910/27/2013

Glenn looks like he's feeling a little under the weather....

by Anonymousreply 56010/27/2013

Whew! I was worried for a minute when Tyrese was swarmed with zombies.

Well, smell Carol. She's turned into quite the bad ass hasn't she. As someone else said I think she's quite attractive with the salt and pepper short hair.

Anyone else think Marilyn Manson is high on something?

by Anonymousreply 56110/27/2013

Why does Lauren Cohan (Maggie) get top female billing?

While the longest female cast member Melissa McBride (Carol) get billed last?

and she doesn't even get the 'and Melissa McBride'. Just Melissa McBride.

by Anonymousreply 56410/28/2013

Perhaps they're billing alphabetically, R564? Andrew Lincoln is first, right? Then perhaps alpha order after him?

by Anonymousreply 56510/28/2013

[quote] Perhaps they're billing alphabetically

Norman Reedus is billed second

by Anonymousreply 56610/28/2013

Carol was obviously upset she is being billed last. So she is killing cast mates off bit by bit so she can move up in the billing.

by Anonymousreply 56810/28/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 56910/28/2013

I've stopped watching. But I do read re-caps on the Walking Dead wiki from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 57210/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 57410/28/2013

Here's a brief musical clip about a walking - and dancing - creature made of dead human body parts.

by Anonymousreply 57510/28/2013

From Deadline:

[bold]AMC Renews ‘The Walking Dead’ For Season 5[/bold]

No surprise that after shattering cable records with its Season 4 debut this month, the top-rated zombie apocalypse is coming back. AMC today announced there will be a fifth season of The Walking Dead.

“We are very happy to make what has to be one of the most anti-climactic renewal announcements ever: The Walking Dead is renewed for a fifth season,” AMC President Charlie Collier said in a statement. “This is a show that has erased traditional distinctions between cable and broadcast. Its expanding base of passionate fans has grown every season, most recently – and most notably – with the season four premiere earlier this month, which broke viewership records for the series and became the biggest non-sports telecast in cable history.”

Today’s announcement also stated that showrunner Scott Gimple will continue with the series along with EPs Gale Anne Hurd and Robert Kirkman, who created the comic series on which the TV show is based, as well as David Alpert, Greg Nicotero and Tom Luse.

Previously the Dead’s supervising producer, Gimple was promoted earlier this year to EP for Season 4 of the show after the sudden exit of Glenn Mazzara in late 2012.

by Anonymousreply 57610/29/2013

[quote]It isn't that it isn't good, it's just that the droning on of macabre death and misery and hopelessness, etc. etc. etc...

Well, what do you expect in a zombie apocalypse?

by Anonymousreply 57710/29/2013

I miss watching Glenn Mazzara on Talking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 57810/29/2013

I'm also less interested with all the doom and gloom.

by Anonymousreply 57910/29/2013

[quote]Well, what do you expect in a zombie apocalypse?

It's not that the gloom and doom, in and of itself, is a problem. But drama is built on characters striving for something. The first season still had the best structure. They were headed somewhere, thinking there would be a solution there.

There's something inherently undramatic about staying put and riding things out. It's what was so stultifying about the season on the farm (where presumably the big action that was supposed to pull us through week to week was the search for the little girl). And so far, it's killing this season, too. Without an objective, all there is is grossness, and that gets boring fast.

by Anonymousreply 58010/29/2013

[quote]There's something inherently undramatic about staying put and riding things out.

I get what you are saying, but what they are trying to show is that even when they are keeping zombies out, something still got in. In this case a virus. They are trying to show that nowhere is safe. Travel in a zombie world can be dramatic, but there's also drama when nowhere is safe, not even behind stone walls. I think that's their point.

Plus they said they spent a huge budget on the prison and wanted to use it for at least two seasons.

If I were the characters, I'd be heading for an island.

by Anonymousreply 58110/29/2013

Great point about the island!

I like the idea of nowhere being safe, but it still doesn't solve my big problem. It was great and scary for the first hour and now I'm unengaged.

I don't want rainbows and lollipops, but I want the thought that that rainbows and lollipops might be out there somewhere and we're rooting for them to find them. The one really great advance in this last episode (for me) was the hint of someone broadcasting on the radio.

Working toward something is dramaturgy 101.

To each his own, of course.

by Anonymousreply 58210/29/2013

I suspect Carol will reach manhood before Carl. Anyone want to bet?

by Anonymousreply 58310/29/2013

I love how Daryl how jumped in,ready to take Tyreese out when he got in Rick's face. No one threatens Daryl's man!

by Anonymousreply 58410/29/2013

i don't get the deal with this show. It's the same shite every week. killing zombies. fucking boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 58510/29/2013

They need to change the name of the show to Daryl and the Supremes.

by Anonymousreply 58610/29/2013

They are now in talks with Lou Reed's management to have him as a guest on an upcoming show.

by Anonymousreply 58710/29/2013

Im glad the show has moved back towards the zombies. They just need to leave the prison already, it's getting old.

by Anonymousreply 58810/29/2013

[quote]Carol is lashing out, having to deal with her repressed lesbianism.

That made me laugh

That stupid Indian doctor spewed right in Hershel's face, what a dumbass. I will be okay if he dies, even if Glen dies as long as Hershel survives. I really don't care about Maggie, Rick and Hershel are my favorites. Daryl and Carol are pretty good too.

My theory is that the little girl killed the 2 people and Carol finished them off to cover for her.

by Anonymousreply 58910/29/2013

[quote]My theory is that the little girl killed the 2 people and Carol finished them off to cover for her.

I could see Carol finishing off a woman, but not a man.

by Anonymousreply 59010/29/2013

Last season in a deleted scene Carol threatened to slit Merle's throat.

by Anonymousreply 59110/29/2013

rimshot for r590, I know the one guy is going to get mad but the Carol lesbian thing makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 59210/29/2013

Anyone notice that bush growing under Carol's arm this week? It looked like the Black Forest.

by Anonymousreply 59310/29/2013

R589, we are thinking the same thing, Carol is taking the blame for one of the girls. I am digging the badass Carol this year, hope she doesn't die. At least not before she and Darryl hook up.

by Anonymousreply 59410/29/2013

by Anonymousreply 59510/29/2013

I love Carol!

by Anonymousreply 59610/29/2013

Yes, all of the lesbians on DL love Carol. Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 59710/29/2013

I love gore and blood-spatter, but Walking Dead has become a huge snooze-fest this (and last) season. Not sure having a season 5 is such a great idea.

by Anonymousreply 59810/29/2013

I agree r580. The writers definitely need to create a purpose for the group. The passive zombie killing routine is getting old fast. I wonder if Rick is going to tell the others about Carols "crime" and how they'll react to it.

by Anonymousreply 59910/29/2013

I really liked when they went to the CDC. I hope the radio broadcast means there is some hope for a future and a new place for people to start, otherwise just watching them at the jail is going to get tedious.

by Anonymousreply 60010/29/2013

Didn't Daryl say he would kill the person who killed the two? Looks like he is going to eat those words.

The problem for me is I don't care about the Woodbury people. Even Tyrese and his sister. I only care about the core group that was at the prison. So to me if the Woodbury people get killed off it doesn't have much effect on me, they are a bunch of redshirts.

by Anonymousreply 60110/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!