Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Would You Spend $50,000 A Year To Send Your Child To "The Peddie School"?

Today a young male teacher and coach at the elite "Peddie School" in New Jersey jumped to his death after allegations of inappropriate sexual contact with a student.

No word yet if the student was a boy or a girl.

by Anonymousreply 9207/07/2015

If he couldn't get into Horace Mann or Dalton.

by Anonymousreply 110/11/2013

Too bad - he was cute.

by Anonymousreply 210/11/2013

He was cute. Poor Moose...

by Anonymousreply 310/11/2013

Nice tits

by Anonymousreply 410/11/2013

If we can get back to the thread question, rather than opinions on how "hawt" the teacher in question might have been ...

At least these kids will be able to tell an adjective from an adverb for the fifty grand!

by Anonymousreply 610/11/2013

[quote]I thought about posting this, and decided it was too tacky.

Too tacky for DataLounge? Really?

by Anonymousreply 710/11/2013

R7 No. Too tacky for me.

by Anonymousreply 810/11/2013

Clearly at Peddie School, you get what you pay for!

by Anonymousreply 910/11/2013

R5 is right, but . . . If the student was underage (and police involvement suggests he was), that's a pretty powerful motive for suicide. Being spied on by your roommate is not, especially when the you are an active participant in an exhibitionist cam site..

by Anonymousreply 1010/11/2013

I'm having a hard time following you, R10? Who was "an active participant in an exhibitionist cam site," Tyler Clementi?

by Anonymousreply 1110/11/2013

Horace Mann turns out some interesting selfishness.

by Anonymousreply 1210/11/2013

Wow I went to college with him but I didn't know him. He went to Middlebury College fyi.

by Anonymousreply 1310/11/2013

I didn't think he knew he was being "cammed," R10 R14.

by Anonymousreply 1510/11/2013

[quote]At least these kids will be able to tell an adjective from an adverb for the fifty grand!

And, for extra credit, when not to use quotation marks.

by Anonymousreply 1610/11/2013

He looks a little like Glen Wood from Dirty Tony.

by Anonymousreply 1710/11/2013

Why didn't my school have teachers like this?? Damn.

by Anonymousreply 1810/11/2013

Will henceforth be known as The PEDO School.

by Anonymousreply 1910/11/2013

Last picture?

by Anonymousreply 2010/11/2013

What a ridiculous name for a school.

Is the founder a member of /b/?

by Anonymousreply 2110/12/2013

r13, can you find out the full story from mutual Middlebury friends, like just what he was accused of, and whether it was with a boy or girl?

by Anonymousreply 2210/12/2013

He carries his cat, too.

by Anonymousreply 2310/12/2013

Gay face.

by Anonymousreply 2410/12/2013

Class of 2011 commencement student speaker Donovan Dickson.

by Anonymousreply 2510/12/2013

More gay face.

by Anonymousreply 2610/12/2013

Their online publication is called "Peddie Voices". I suggest some self reflection.

by Anonymousreply 2710/12/2013

Countdown until this becomes a story on Law and Order:SVU.....

by Anonymousreply 2810/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 2910/12/2013

This is a sad story. His poor animals have no daddy anymore. He shouldn't have had to jump off a bridge. A kid that old knows what they're doing and what they want.

by Anonymousreply 3010/12/2013

The allegations may have been false.

by Anonymousreply 3110/12/2013

A completely different story, but with some of the same elements. A 15yo high school student in the south streaked as a joke at his school football game. He was apparently a good kid, not usually one for trouble. The principal said that the school had a Zero Tolerance policy, expelled him, made a stink so the local media would cover it and tried to get the boy permanently labelled a sex offender. The poor kid hung himself. He didn't die for two days. Someone should string up the damn principal. This kid's blood is on his hands. Maybe there should be a thread for this? I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 3310/12/2013

Doesn't matter, you fucking creep at R32. Teachers have no business fucking their students. Period.

by Anonymousreply 3410/12/2013

Eeeww...the apologists in this thread are repulsive.

Teachers should not fuck students. There is an inherent power disparity. Also teenagers are not adults. If they want to have sex they should be experimenting with each other.

by Anonymousreply 3510/12/2013

R32 = "ephebophile"

by Anonymousreply 3710/12/2013

What about that girl in Florida? I guess you all think that she magically transformed at 18yo? At 17 it was ok for her to be with her fellow student, but once she hit 18 she better back the fuck off, right? Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 3810/12/2013

Totally cute.

Totally gay.

by Anonymousreply 3910/12/2013

"There is an inherent power disparity"

Does that mean rich people should be banned from dating poor people? Rich people have more power.

"He didn't die for two days. Someone should string up the damn principal. This kid's blood is on his hands."

Please, it's not like he knew the kid would kill himself. I don't understand why anyone would streak at an event - do those tards think everyone wants to see their body?

by Anonymousreply 4010/12/2013

Sex jokes aside (we don't even know what the allegations were), he seemed really into his teaching and the students look like they liked him from all the pictures.

by Anonymousreply 4110/12/2013

That is sad R33, but the principal *who has probably himself done far worse* will never lose a minute's sleep over it.

by Anonymousreply 4210/12/2013

R40 that principal was being a vindictive prick. I had some teachers growing up who were like that, I recognize the type. Trust me, I'd bet anything he's a total bastard who deserves to burn in hell. He was ending that kids life over a dumb prank that hurt no one. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 4310/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 4410/13/2013

"that principal was being a vindictive prick."

Maybe, but streakers are the lamest people on the planet. Why do you think everyone wants to see you naked? Get a life. There is no point to taking off your clothes and interrupting an event. I still don't understand why a supposedly "good kid" would do something so stupid and pointless.

by Anonymousreply 4510/13/2013

[quote]And Donny looks like he'd've been one hell of a great first boyfriend for someone 16-18.

Unfortunately for him, it is illegal in NJ for a teacher to have sex with a student under 18. Otherwise, the age of consent is 16.

by Anonymousreply 4610/13/2013

When I was a 16 y.o. HS student in NJ, a teacher and I were falling in love with each other (both male, btw; guess that needs to be stated these days).

Since my mind couldn't conceptualize that at the time, I made his life absolutely miserable. We never had sex--nothing even remotely like it--but in my unconsciously manipulative way, I turned our feelings for each other into a situation in which he lost his job.

I would much rather the two of us had had sex. He was hot. This is the only time in my life I've ever done something this horrible to someone else who cared about me.

A good fuck (or ten or twenty) should have been the natural outcome of our feelings for each other, but no, we couldn't do that, because not only was I 16 and he just out of college, we were fags. And what could be more evil and disgusting than two fags with a six year age difference having sex?

by Anonymousreply 4710/13/2013

If nothing physical happened between the two of you, why did he lose his job, r47? I'd love to hear the rest of the story.

by Anonymousreply 4810/13/2013

I wonder what their school t-shirts look like?

by Anonymousreply 4910/13/2013

At Peddie, individualized instruction is called "Homecoming".

by Anonymousreply 5010/13/2013

Someone left the School $100 million, so laugh all you want.

by Anonymousreply 5110/13/2013

As an introvert I'm always shocked that such a seemingly exuberant extrovert (based on the photos) could throw it all away commiting suicide like that. I'd kill to have that personality. I mean, no one would be surprised if I jumped off a bridge.

by Anonymousreply 5210/13/2013

I'm not convinced he was an extrovert. Mathletes never are.

I know the type. I am one. Painfully shy, relied on pets to feel loved and crutches (costumes) to feel worthy of being noticed.

Probably so guilty about his sexuality (Daddy Purebred Donovan wouldn't have approved) that he couldn't be intimate with someone his own age, so he "cracked" in a way that ensured he'd be punished.

by Anonymousreply 5310/13/2013

We don't know he was even guilty. But, he obviously knew that would not matter in the least, because what was left of his life would be ruled by a lynch mob.

One of the greatest horrors of being a teacher--is to be accused. And, they don't even have to do anything, but a student can accuse them and their life becomes hell on earth. And, even if they find out there's nothing to it, everyone will forever believe they did it.

I watched this happen in my home town years ago, and this man's life was ruined. Forever. So, yeah. I'd probably think about jumping, even if I knew I didn't do it.

by Anonymousreply 5410/13/2013

I cannot think of anything I'd want to do for a living in which I would have to deal with minors of either gender. It's a minefield. Even if you're innocent, these monsters can ruin your life with the flick of a Facebook page.

by Anonymousreply 5510/13/2013

Any updates?

by Anonymousreply 5610/14/2013

I looked today, too, R56. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 5710/14/2013

R16 is pissing me off.

by Anonymousreply 5810/14/2013

I mean R47

by Anonymousreply 5910/14/2013

I know all about it...

by Anonymousreply 6010/14/2013

R47 proves R55.

I think you have to be fucked in the head to sexually pursue teenagers. Not because its "sick" but because they're such obvious messes and drama-magnets. They can also be brutally cruel and cavalier, like most children. And they ARE children. They're not mature or evolved enough to have adult emotions, let alone adult relationships. Yes, they "know what they want" but that doesn't mean they're developed enough to actually handle it.

by Anonymousreply 6110/14/2013

"And they ARE children. They're not mature or evolved enough to have adult emotions, let alone adult relationships"

But most kids that age are having sex and relationships with EACH OTHER - so why not a slightly older adult? It's not like this guy was 80.

by Anonymousreply 6210/14/2013

R62? That whoooosh sound is my point flying right over your head.

They are NOT adults. A "slightly older adult" is an adult. A 16 year old is not.

There is a huge difference between 16 and 22. It's not like the difference between 20 and 26 or even 18 and 24. A 16 year old is closer in age to a 12 year old than a 22 year old. I know this all sounds simple, but it really is just simple math.

by Anonymousreply 6310/14/2013

What is the Age of Consent for Sex in New Jersey?

In New Jersey, the age of consent for sexual conduct is 16 years old. This applies to both heterosexual and homosexual conduct. As a general matter, this means that a person who is 16 years old can generally consent to have sex with any adult, regardless of age.

In New Jersey, a person aged 13 or older can generally consent to have sex with anyone who is no more than 4 years older. Nobody under the age of 13 can legally consent to sex, regardless of the age of their partner.

by Anonymousreply 6410/14/2013

"That whoooosh sound is my point flying right over your head."

Um, no. There is not always a huge difference between 16 and 22. Plenty of teenagers are mature for their age, and plenty of young adults are immature for their age. What's hilarious is that we consider 16-year-olds to be old enough to drive even though thousands of people die in car crashes every year, but then we decide that they aren't mature enough to have sex with someone a few years older

"In New Jersey, the age of consent for sexual conduct is 16 years old. This applies to both heterosexual and homosexual conduct"

Many states have laws on the book that forbid teachers from having sex with students, even if the student is of legal age.

by Anonymousreply 6510/14/2013

Did they ever post what really happened? What is taking so long? I know that there are a lot of rumors going on in the post, but anything definite?

by Anonymousreply 6610/20/2013

I guess not.

by Anonymousreply 6702/16/2014

Poor George Washington Bridge, having to be called "GWB."

by Anonymousreply 6902/23/2014

R63, I like you!

by Anonymousreply 7103/05/2014

by Anonymousreply 7203/05/2014

Did they ever say he was the teacher involved in the student sex cases?

by Anonymousreply 7907/13/2014

Why are all the rich kids so ugly?

by Anonymousreply 8007/13/2014

[all posts by childish idiot removed]

by Anonymousreply 8107/13/2014

[quote]I wonder what their school t-shirts look like?

It features their school mascot the Peddie Bear.

by Anonymousreply 8207/13/2014

Yeah, as a friend of Donny's, I just got off the phone with several members of his family and friends. They are all saying the same thing! "Donny didn't do this and it was girl that was trying to make up a story to tease another girl who either hated Donny or had a crush on him. Either way this ended his life. Imagine that for one second. Being accused of something you did not do and the only way out was suicide. LET ME SAY AGAIN. DONNY NEVER TOUCHED A YOUNG GIRL WHILE SHE WAS HIS STUDENT. As for the gay jokes...please just quit it. He was a funny, loving, and even over the top person who relished in making other people laugh, even when he himself could not. I know you trolls will be on here screaming for my head, but I have reached the point where I just don't care. A false accusation can get you thrown in jail...ask the football team UVA! I feel so story for anybody that wants a trial by jury. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!! Donny Dickson's Friend from College

by Anonymousreply 8312/07/2014

It's so disgusting how quickly he was slandered and slimed as being a fag.

by Anonymousreply 8412/07/2014

[quote]Does that mean rich people should be banned from dating poor people? Rich people have more power.

That is exactly what it means. What is the point of being rich and powerful if everyone can achieve that status by fucking you? Good breeding is undervalued in today's society.

by Anonymousreply 8512/07/2014

I don't know about the very few posts published about his, but I do have to say this. If Donny was guilty of sleeping with a female students, would the school (Peddie), his parents, and friends and family be putting on such a wonderful charity for him. I said that to say this, "if it were my family member accused of sleeping with an underage girl, I would have nothing to do with him!" Yet, there are so many that are, even the ones that had him for a teacher. This does not make sense at all. So basically the press smeared him then ran with an article about how he slept with a young girl....but no charges have been filed, no charges to the school, and the biggest thing of all....everyone wants to remember him. I want to remember him because he has had an ever lasting impact on me when it came to mathematics. You people posting crap and lies about his sexual orientation should be ashamed! The one who said he slept with a 15 year old girl for over a year should be equally sickened by their own behavior. I KNEW DONNY, WE WOULD NEVER HAVE DONE THIS Terrible DEED WITHOUT BEING PUSHED FROM IT EITHER FROM THE SCHOOL ITS SELF OR FROM THE PUPILS.!

by Anonymousreply 8603/12/2015

His Suicide I would like to mention, not that he had screwed on of his students! I just wanted to clarify that.

by Anonymousreply 8703/12/2015

Complete total lies! He was not gay. He was jut depressed. About what? I do not think anyone of us will ever know. One thing is certain though and that is this: He did not touch a student at Peddie. This has been proven, but unfortunately the trolls on the internet will not every believe this. I will forever miss you Donny. You are loved beyond all belief and imagination. Until we meet again. RIP! Love you forever and always!

by Anonymousreply 8807/06/2015

What's the incentive for some chick to make this stuff up?

Crazy bitches are a dime a dozen in high school, but they're not particularly sophisticated liars. If he were innocent, an investigation would have cleared him.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

by Anonymousreply 8907/06/2015

Straight men have small dogs with matching sweaters?

by Anonymousreply 9007/06/2015

From what I have read a young girl wanted to make another young girl jealous and told the story about herself sleeping with the teacher. Total fabrication to get the other young girl upset and she went home and told her mother what the girl said about having an affair with the young teacher. The mother then called the cops then everything escalated from there. From what I was also told, both girls were ostracized from the school to the point where they were longer wanted there from their fellow classmates. That is really sad, but not as sad as this young mans suicide. I wish his family well and a speedy recovery. To answer the question about young straight men having small dogs with matching sweaters, I can't answer that, but a lot of straight men that I know have small dogs...not sure if they dress them up though.

by Anonymousreply 9207/07/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!