Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

So does Ryan Murphy just accept that Darren Criss can't act?

Watching the Glee tribute last night just reminded me that whenever it comes to super dramatic scenes he tosses his golden boy aside.

In their stupid school shooting episode, no Blaine, in the Finn died episode, no Blaine. Even when he and Kurt broke up his big moment was a song.

They give him cutsey and romantic plots but it seems even Ryan Murphy can see past his crush and accept that the dude can't really carry serious drama.

by Anonymousreply 1910/12/2013

Glee is a fluffy show with cute guys and girls. They are not expected to act. Why do you think they spent the hour singing last night ? Furthermore, Murphy couldn't write good drama even if his life depended on it. It doesn't take talent to write in a script 'and then he sings to an empty chair. The gang is all sad and they rock back and forth'. He did not touch the reason for Finn's death because it would have meant that a real script would have been necessary. Let the viewer imagine what he wants. After all, we have pretty hair and we hold hands when we sing together. Yesterday all my trouble seems so far away...

by Anonymousreply 110/11/2013

They actually sang Yesterday? Gag.

by Anonymousreply 210/11/2013

[quote] So does Ryan Murphy just accept that Darren Criss can't act?

I'm sure Ryan's not thinking about Darren's acting skills when he's sucking Darren's cock, or licking Darren's hairy hole.

by Anonymousreply 310/11/2013

I'm watching it now. Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 410/11/2013

No Quinn Febrey.

by Anonymousreply 510/11/2013

Yea where was Quinn

by Anonymousreply 610/11/2013

Well, he fakes orgasms quite well. That's a kind of acting, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 710/11/2013

Ah R6 yeah just watching it now - Santana just freaked out.

by Anonymousreply 810/11/2013

"Sure, Finn had secrets ..." - - what's Kurt talking about?

by Anonymousreply 910/11/2013

Really OP.

You're singling out Darren Criss as not being able to act?

I thought the only person in the Finn memorial show worth watching was Romy Rosemont.

by Anonymousreply 1010/11/2013

Mark Salling's "acting" was embarrassingly bad.

by Anonymousreply 1110/11/2013

quinn totally wasn't in the ep.

by Anonymousreply 1210/11/2013

I've always thought the show as very well cast for what it was, A cute show with cute young people singing popular songs.

Ryan Murphy, whatever else you may say about him, has always done a great job finding actors that are right for the roles they are playing. (Think back to "Nip Tuck".)

Maybe Cory Monteith was not a great actor, but he certainly fit the part of Finn.

As far as the episode last night, I liked that the reason for Finn's death wasn't spelled out, but I thought that it was strongly suggested that Finn had come to a bad end and that drugs had killed him.

by Anonymousreply 1310/12/2013

"'Sure, Finn had secrets ...' - - what's Kurt talking about?"

A deodorant, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 1410/12/2013

R14 I'm sure he was referring to drugs and or alcohol

by Anonymousreply 1510/12/2013

Oh Ryan...take my load!

by Anonymousreply 1610/12/2013

Yeah, the last episode proved that no one can really handle intense dramatic scenes, with the sole exceptions of Rosemont (Finn's mother) and maybe Jane Lynch. I didn't even buy Mike O'Malley's little speech.

by Anonymousreply 1710/12/2013

When they opened with that dreadfully trite 'Rent' song from that dead plagiarist's musical, I couldn't help but wonder how many of them are "counting the days and minutes" until this show ends.

by Anonymousreply 1810/12/2013

Ryan doesn't care about my acting Skills.

by Anonymousreply 1910/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.