Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Irrational Hatreds Left Over From Childhood

As a small child, I was chosen to sing Descant for my church's adult choir Christmas performances because I was loud and I could sing on key. I starred in all my parochial schools operettas - mainly because of my loudness and on-keyness.

Suddenly, the television was taken over by this re-haired troll by the name of Mason Reese. I was jealous. I hated this fuck for being famous because of his troll-ness. He had zero talent, didn't display any singing/dancing ability. Yet, he was famous and I was wearing Sears Outlet green jeans.

I still have a problem with troll people. I still hat people famous for simply being odd and I reflexively hate ugly red heads.

I still loathe Mason Reese.

Do you have any childhood hatreds that have followed you into adulthood?

by Anonymousreply 3110/12/2013

Adjust your meds, the dose is off.

by Anonymousreply 110/11/2013

Post corrections:

[quote]by this re-haired troll

should be [bold]"red-haired troll"[/bold]

[quote]I still hat people famous for simply being odd

should be [bold]"I still hate people famous for simply being odd"[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 210/11/2013

To be fair to OP, Mason Reese was a spooky little thing. He looked like a cross between a human child and a prize-winning pig.

by Anonymousreply 310/11/2013

r3 Toss in some Bruce Villanch genes and you're right.

by Anonymousreply 410/11/2013

I used to have this commercial memorized when I was ten.

by Anonymousreply 510/11/2013

I've met Mason Reese. He used to basically live at some bar on the Upper West Side. He's still weird

by Anonymousreply 610/11/2013

He was famous for being memorable. When you were singing in the choir, there were thousands of other kids taking the lead in their adult church choir. Being remembered isn't about being best. I thought you knew that. People pay for what they remember - they don't consciously set out to only fill their lives with the best of anything, do they? Meritocracy is not how the world works. It would work better if it did, but probably not due to negative side effects of excess competition, and it is unrealistic to expect it.

by Anonymousreply 710/11/2013

Loathsome McG. He and I both had the same best friend, but my friend's loyalty to this bag of bad temper and evil was inexplicable to me. Ugly, stupid, thieving, smelled bad. Naturally he married a filthy rich woman and lived in a mansion on a five acre plot. Probably drowned puppies for fun.

by Anonymousreply 810/11/2013

He did not get any better over the years...

by Anonymousreply 910/11/2013

I haven't watched yet but I'll bet the YouTube is "borgasmord"

by Anonymousreply 1010/11/2013

OK, OP. Even though you sound like a lunatic - the church-singing story is irrelevant as you shared it, since you never actually connected it to your pathetic, infantile dislike of troll people, who actually simply need to be dipped in wet cement and placed on one's grandmother's lawn when dry (Honestly, we did this with all the troll children in our town.) - I'll play.

As a child I hated corn snakes, because one scared me as a child. I could deal with any other kind of snake, and really liked blue and black racers and rat snakes and hog-nosed snakes and even copperheads, but I hated corn snakes.

I hated fat children, and hated fat boys and fat girls in different ways. I still have a phobia concerning fat children. They not only disgust me, they scare me. Especially the ones who are so fat their eyes squint and the lose all individual expression. Like Fat Incarnate.

I hated the mustaches on old women. I still do. Nothing is creepier.

I hated the cheap shredded coconut in Mounds and Almond Joy. I HATED German chocolate cake, which seemed like a cruel joke. It was like eating hair with sugar on it. I still hate it. Although I like fresh coconut, coconut milk, and other decent products. Those candy bare - grotesque.

I hated, with my twin sister, the old Nestle commercials where they had a puppet dog that would snap its wooden jaws closed after mouthing the last word - "Chocolate" - in the jingle that went "Nestle's has the very best...." We would scream and run out of the room hysterical. It still gives me shivers.

I hated potato pancakes, sauerkraut, cooked carrots, asparagus, spare ribs, boiled or poached chicken, and liver of any kind as a kid. Now I like them all!

by Anonymousreply 1110/11/2013

How did we go from your school pageants to some random child star who was famous for 15 minutes 40 years ago?

I agree with R1: you need to have your meds adjusted.

by Anonymousreply 1210/11/2013

WTF R9? That thing is a living Hobbit.

by Anonymousreply 1310/11/2013

I hate people with thin/no lips and creaky/wavering voices. Based on a leftover hatred from my childhood.

by Anonymousreply 1410/11/2013

A known religious (Christian) substitute teacher did not let me check out a book on Eleanor of Aquitaine to do my book report because she said it was not right for little boys. I almost cried when I got to the librarian to chwck out the book i ended up with. She gave me a hard stare. I was more upset by the librarian's lack of sympathy and her hard look than the substitute's saying the book was inappropriate because I knew the substitute was wrong and Christian (her husband was a minister at a fundamentalist church). Even then I knew Christianity was flawed and so were its ardent adherents. After the assignment, I checked out the Eleanor book on my own and enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 1510/11/2013

Chwck = check

by Anonymousreply 1610/11/2013

Spoons, I hate spoons.

My mother/nanny must have shoved the spoon into my face too much.

by Anonymousreply 1710/11/2013

As a child, I hated my peers and I never really was very interested in children as I got older. I didn't have them, I had no interest in my family and friends' children and I avoid places full of children. Disinterest became true hatred when I had to work with them but there's nothing irrational about my loathing. Granted, these were kids with such horrific behavioral problems that their own parents hated them, too. I do realize that not all children are evil but I'd rather keep my distance.

by Anonymousreply 1810/11/2013

I hate cantaloupe and ... bees.

by Anonymousreply 1910/11/2013

I grew up with a struggling single mother in a tiny apartment in the middle of an affluent suburb. I despised the kids who had either rich or highly educated parents, since I had neither: I envied them for their advantages and feared them for their bullying (because I was poor, geeky and obviously gay).

As an adult, I now despise all those kids for having become successful professionals: physicians, academics, business leaders, a couple of semi-famous actors... My life could have been completely different had I made a better choice when deciding where to go to college; ultimately I aimed too high and chose an expensive university in a big city where my National Merit scholarship didn't really stretch as far as it might have at my local state school. I couldn't finish my degree in time, have had to work ever since leaving school and want to cry every day.

Obviously this is nobody's fault but my own, but I can't shake the bitterness. I'm in my 40s and still despise those rich kids who bullied me.

by Anonymousreply 2010/11/2013

I'm not picturing this R20. What do you mean you couldn't finish on time? Surely your college credits there are transferrable anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 2110/11/2013

It sounds to me like you had the same opportunities they did.

by Anonymousreply 2210/11/2013

Retarded people, especially men. I have a mentally challenged cousin. Despite being almost 20 years older than me, my mother made me play with him. She felt sorry for him. He didn't know how strong he was and I would always end up getting hurt. Fast-forward 20 years, and I still can't stand him or anyone who reminds me of him.

by Anonymousreply 2310/12/2013

Lefties who write like retards with the arm crooked around the page. They were doofus in every way and never liked to share.

by Anonymousreply 2410/12/2013

The OP thinks he's Ethel Merman.

by Anonymousreply 2510/12/2013

I hate retarded men also. Neighbors have a weird aspie kid who looks in our windows.

by Anonymousreply 2610/12/2013

I hate people who hate retarded people. I understand the difficult experience that you went through with your cousin, but to hate the entire group? It's like MRDD people ruin the perfect little glass castle world they've built for themselves. Get a grip on reality, please.

by Anonymousreply 2710/12/2013

r19 If you want the former, you'd better appreciate the latter. No bees, no 'lopes.

by Anonymousreply 2810/12/2013

R19, I like toitles!

by Anonymousreply 2910/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.