Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Vikings' Star's 2-Year-Old Son in Critical Condition After Beating

Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son is currently in critical condition in a South Dakota hospital after he was allegedly severely beaten by the man dating the mother of his child, TMZ has learned. The Minnesota Vikings running back immediately left his team to be with his son.

Officials tell us they've arrested the suspect, 27-year-old Joseph Patterson, who's been charged with aggravated felony assault and battery of an infant. According to law enforcement, emergency responders arrived to the apartment where Peterson's son was living at 5:46 PM on Wednesday and found the child unresponsive. He was rushed to a nearby hospital and medical experts determined the injuries were consistent with abuse. Law enforcement sources tell us the child suffered severe head injuries.

by Anonymousreply 8210/16/2013

The "mother of his child?" Were they never married? That poor child was beaten within an inch of his life AND was born a bastard? Trash. And that poor baby did not ask to be born, either.

by Anonymousreply 110/11/2013

[quote]he was allegedly severely beaten by the man dating the mother of his child

That is one of the most ghetto sentences I've ever read.

by Anonymousreply 210/11/2013

Vikings? Nonsense. There hasn't been a Viking in these parts for a thousand years.

by Anonymousreply 310/11/2013

When Baby Momma Boyfriends Attack.

Sickening.

by Anonymousreply 410/11/2013

Now Deadspin is reporting that Peterson "isn't sure" whether the kid is his or not.

by Anonymousreply 510/11/2013

The child has died.

by Anonymousreply 610/11/2013

Such a very weird post at R1

by Anonymousreply 710/11/2013

It's a horrible thing. Poor little boy.

The player must not have been close to the child.

WTF was he doing living in South Dakota?!

by Anonymousreply 810/11/2013

The murderer, R8, is not the Vikings football player.

The murderer is the Asian 27 year old boyfriend of the mother of the child who lives in South Dakota.

by Anonymousreply 910/11/2013

Yes, I know, R9.

Still question why the little boy, if it is Adrian's, is living so far from where his (maybe) father lives.

by Anonymousreply 1010/11/2013

R10, fathers often live in different locales from their children, and in different locales when not married to the mother of a child.

And Sioux Falls, South Dakota is not far from Minneapolis where the Vikings players are stationed.

Your surprise that a child would not be living in the same locale as a father is very bizarre and very weird.

by Anonymousreply 1110/11/2013

A DNA test proved the child was Peterson's, but Peterson's name was not on the birth certificate and the kid did not have his last name.

by Anonymousreply 1210/11/2013

Will the prisoners exact justice on that baby killer?

by Anonymousreply 1310/11/2013

"To each his own, (but) I'm not with it. I have relatives who are gay. I'm not biased towards them. I still treat them the same. I love 'em. But again, I'm not with that. That's not something I believe in."

But apparently he does "believe in" parading legitimate little Adrian Jr. before the cameras while hiding his out-of-wedlock son who is the same age!

by Anonymousreply 1410/11/2013

Li'l Ade lives a life of glamor.

by Anonymousreply 1510/11/2013

R14, I doubt Adrian was 'hiding' his son. He probably was not close to the son who died because the son was born to a woman who he was not married to and probably only had a date or two with.

by Anonymousreply 1610/11/2013

"The player must not have been close to the child."

The baby's mom was probably just some random booty call, stripper, or groupie

by Anonymousreply 1710/11/2013

WTF is R1's damage?

by Anonymousreply 1810/11/2013

And where is that sack of shit Randall Terry and the rest of the pro-lifers? Why aren't they demonstrating in front of the woman's house and in front of the jail, and in front of the state capitol demanding a change in the law so that these people can get education to take them out of their miserable existence and treatment for mental illness. No normal person beats a toddler, although the man may need to get his behind bars.

by Anonymousreply 1910/11/2013

Peterson's indifference is the most devastating part of the tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 2010/11/2013

another bizarre post at R20

by Anonymousreply 2110/11/2013

R20 s post is probably in reference to Peterson returning to Minnesota and back to work when he knew the child was probably going to be taken off life support.

It sounds like he just found out about the child relatively recently. It was the result of a casual encounter, where the woman left Minnesota for South Dakota and was involved with someone else, and did not let Adrian know about the kid. Adrian has a long time girlfriend/fiancé who he also has a young child with -- I believe they live together. I am not sure if the SD baby was before pre-current girlfriend or thing on the side.

It is hard to judge him without knowing all of the facts. The mother might not have wanted him there since he was not part of her or their son's life (he might not have even met the child).

by Anonymousreply 2210/11/2013

RIP little guy.

by Anonymousreply 2310/11/2013

He's dead, Jim.

by Anonymousreply 2410/11/2013

R22-He is married.

by Anonymousreply 2510/11/2013

R20's post is bizarre and weird because Adrian was very obviously not close with the child and probably was never close to the mother - and the mother was probably just a random sex partner or someone who Adrian saw just a time or two or just a few times.

So Adrian, if he is indifferent or wants to continue playing football, is NOT behaving in an odd way.

by Anonymousreply 2610/11/2013

I don't think he is technically married (although probably living together like married with their kid -- or it might be two kids), this quote was in the St. Paul paper last August:

"Chess matches spring up between Peterson and his girlfriend, Ashley Brown"

I think they have been engaged the last couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 2710/11/2013

None of this would have happened, if that idiot football player had had the brains to use a condom.

by Anonymousreply 2810/11/2013

The murderer apparently has previous criminal behavior.

Is the ethnicity of the mother known? The murderer is Asian and Adrian Peterson, the Viking football player, is black.

by Anonymousreply 2910/11/2013

After practice on Friday, Peterson said he would not take questions about the incident, but confirmed he would play against Carolina on Sunday as planned.

'Football is something I will always fall back on,' Peterson said.

'It gets me through tough times. Just being around the guys in here, that's what I need in my life, guys supporting me. ... Things that I go through, I've said a thousand times, it helps me play this game to a different level. I'm able to kind of release a lot of my stress through this sport, so that's what I plan on doing.'

by Anonymousreply 3010/12/2013

Obla-di obla-da...

by Anonymousreply 3110/12/2013

Wow, what a callous, self involved jerk (comments at R30). Clearly he had no feeling for the kid at all. He was just the sperm donor. Still, he could at least show enough respect to take the weekend off. Doesn't he have a publicist? Anyone with a brain to advise him on how bad his stupid comments are for his public image? It's not all about HIM and his feelings and what he needs. The kid had a family who should be supported in their grief, even if he feels none.

by Anonymousreply 3210/12/2013

None of this would have happened if the baby had a gun.

by Anonymousreply 3310/12/2013

These idiot jocks need to be taught how to man up off the field. Fucking trash. And the innocent children have to pay.

by Anonymousreply 3410/12/2013

I see nothing wrong with Adrian Peterson practicing and playing in the football game this weekend.

Why should he do something just for 'show'.

by Anonymousreply 3510/12/2013

It isn't "just for show" to support the people who DO care about the kid.

Besides, he sure cares enough about making a "show" to issue a lame ass statement (aka excuse) about how football is the way he grieves and relieves stress. *Snort* Loser.

by Anonymousreply 3610/12/2013

To spare OTHER people's feelings, R35.

by Anonymousreply 3710/12/2013

Baby mama lost way more than that, R38. She lost her golden ticket to huge child support payments from a pro-football player.

by Anonymousreply 3910/12/2013

R27 They got married already.

by Anonymousreply 4010/12/2013

It's beyond human understanding how anyone could make remarks like those at r38 and r39 only 1 day after a mother lost a 2 year old child to such violence.

by Anonymousreply 4110/12/2013

If the baby HAD HAD a gun, R33.

by Anonymousreply 4210/12/2013

Doubt the mother cares that much. How else do you end up having a BF that beat your kid to death?

by Anonymousreply 4310/12/2013

Why didn't he use a condom, why wasn't the mother on birth control, the sad fact is the baby was murdered.

by Anonymousreply 4410/12/2013

Accused Killer Of Adrian Peterson’s Son Has Violent Past

Joseph Patterson stands accused of killing the 2-year-old son of Adrian Peterson, and police records show he is no stranger to violence.

The 27-year-old South Dakota man was initially charged with aggravated battery of an infant and aggravated assault in the beating that sent the young boy to a hospital in critical condition. After Peterson’s son died late Friday evening, those charges are expected to be upgraded.

Police records show that Joseph Patterson has a history of violence. Last year he was given a suspended sentence for simple domestic assault and violation of domestic abuse bond, both misdemeanor charges.

Police said Patterson called 911 to say the child was choking, but when police arrived they found the boy in critical condition. Patterson was the only one home with the boy when the injuries occurred.

“That initial exam, there’s information there that the doctors believe that the injuries were consistent with child abuse,” said Sam Clemons of the Sioux Falls police while the boy was still clinging to life. “They were head injuries. I don’t have the exact one or [what] the specific injuries are and waiting on tests to come back.”

Adrian Peterson traveled to South Dakota to see the boy in the wake of the beating, but returned to the Minnesota VIkings on Friday morning. He had originally said he planned to play on Sunday against the Carolina Panthers, but has not commented on the game since the boy’s death.

Peterson has received many supportive messages since news of his son’s death emerged. Miami Heat star LeBron James sent his condolences but also harsh words for Joseph Patterson.

“So Damn sad man!” the Miami Heat star tweeted. “Makes no sense at all. Innocent kid with dreams gets taking away by a coward with no dreams at all! Smh #SickForAP.”

Police have not yet announced when charges could be upgraded for Joseph Patterson.

by Anonymousreply 4510/12/2013

Why don't straight men use condoms?

This man was cheating on his wife/SO, and he's an NFL player, which means he's a target for every desperate skank who wants child support money, and any diseases the desperate skank is carrying. He couldn't have more reasons to wrap it up, but he didn't, and he knocked her up with a child he couldn't care less about.

I swear, these men actually WANT to impregnate the skanks and walk away.

by Anonymousreply 4610/12/2013

I agree. Straight men need to learn to take responsibility for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 4710/12/2013

Is the killer Hmong?

by Anonymousreply 4810/12/2013

Yes, r48. Joseph Patterson is a typical Hmong name.

by Anonymousreply 4910/12/2013

Why should AP care about the kid at all? Men who impregnate women have no cards to play. The woman alone chooses abortion or childbirth.

by Anonymousreply 5010/12/2013

Nobody dribbles and slams Baby in a corner.

by Anonymousreply 5110/12/2013

Uh, so....she tied him up and raped him, R50?

by Anonymousreply 5210/12/2013

This is sad, but in the WDC are where I live, every couple of weeks there is some story about a single mother whose boyfriend beat/raped/killed her kids. In one instance, one mother continued to visit the guy in jail because she just didn't believe he really did it - despite the testimony of her own kids! I don't know why these women continually pick the guy over the safety and well being of their kid. It's sad, but the only thing that makes this story exceptional is that an NFL baby daddy is involved

by Anonymousreply 5310/12/2013

[quote]I swear, these men actually WANT to impregnate the skanks and walk away.

Five hundred years ago back in Africa men and women in many tribal societies lived apart in separate-sex collectives. The women, living together and apart from the men, raised all the kids age six and under. When the boys reached age six or seven they went to live with the men and never looked back.

Maybe African Americans would be happier if we stopped expecting them to emulate other races by living in nuclear family units consisting of husband, wife and kids. Clearly a majority of AA men want nothing to do with the raising of very small children, just like heir male ancestors. Perhaps their overwhelming lack of interest is encoded in their very DNA.

I bet you anything that if we put all African American boys in boys-only schools taught only by African American men, they'd learn a whole hell of lot more than they do now. But we'll never attempt any such thing because racial and gender segregation are too politically incorrect, even if such a plan were to achieve far superior result.

by Anonymousreply 5410/13/2013

R32 and R34 have real contributions to this sad thread.

by Anonymousreply 5510/13/2013

"Maybe African Americans would be happier if we stopped expecting them to emulate other races by living in nuclear family units consisting of husband, wife and kids. Clearly a majority of AA men want nothing to do with the raising of very small children, just like heir male ancestors"

My white, redneck cousin impregnated one woman (an ex-girlfriend he was using as a "booty call") while he was married to another.

"Perhaps their overwhelming lack of interest is encoded in their very DNA."

Perhaps being a moron is encoded in your DNA.

"But we'll never attempt any such thing because racial and gender segregation are too politically incorrect, even if such a plan were to achieve far superior result."

Whining about "political correctness" makes you sound like a stupid Republican.

by Anonymousreply 5610/13/2013

What else would you include in your creepy little would-be "social experiments," R54? Do tell.

by Anonymousreply 5710/13/2013

The world of the heterosexual...

by Anonymousreply 5810/13/2013

Sorry, R56, there are just too many African American men who abandon their kids at birth for you to blame whitey and call it good.

There are also too many African American pupils who leave inner-city public schools in the USA with virtually no education to say that things are acceptable the way they are.

Science is only just beginning to comprehend all the behavior patterns we inherit via our DNA. Your need to scoff at my assertion just shows how stuck in the anti-intellectual mud of political correctness you are.

by Anonymousreply 5910/13/2013

Are YOU expected to exhibit the same conduct your ancestors did 500 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 6010/13/2013

[quote]What else would you include in your creepy little would-be "social experiments,"

I would include that we abolish age-related promotions in school. You study a subject over and over until you master it. You stay right where you are in any given subject until you've learned it. If you can't demonstrate basic academic proficiency by age fifteen, we switch you to practical vocational training classes rather than academic studies.

As it is, we give out diplomas to illiterate children for doing nothing more than turning eighteen.

Call me creepy but I would prefer to see us turn out educated African American boys NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES rather than the ignorant unemployable thugs our current system creates.

by Anonymousreply 6110/13/2013

"Your need to scoff at my assertion just shows how stuck in the anti-intellectual mud of political correctness you are."

No, hon, people like you who whine about "political correctness" are the anti-intellectuals. It's people like Palin and Limbaugh who bitch about "political correctness." It's dumb rednecks, not intellectuals.

"Sorry, R56, there are just too many African American men who abandon their kids at birth for you to blame whitey and call it good."

Obviously, you don't know how to read. I didn't "blame whitey" - I merely pointed out that there are also white men who have kids out of wedlock. Maybe men and women of all races need to learn sexual responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 6210/13/2013

[quote]Are YOU expected to exhibit the same conduct your ancestors did 500 years ago?

My white ancestors have a linear cultural tradition broken only by a decision to move by their own choice and power from Europe to America in search of material and spiritual betterment.

Black people were uprooted unwillingly and thrust into a society and culture founded by and for whites. Many black people to this day are hostile and unwilling participants in a society that was not founded by them and that was not set up to serve their wants.

We as a society say that black people fail because they fail at emulating white people. I say that maybe we should give black people the power and freedom to form their own culture not based on the one we kidnapped them into and forced them to join.

by Anonymousreply 6310/13/2013

"I would include that we abolish age-related promotions in school. You study a subject over and over until you master it. You stay right where you are in any given subject until you've learned it."

Uh, plenty of kids are held back a grade in school. This is already happening, genius.

"As it is, we give out diplomas to illiterate children for doing nothing more than turning eighteen."

The illiterate ones are usually the ones who drop out, not the ones who stay in school and get a diploma.

by Anonymousreply 6410/13/2013

R64, holding kids back a grade is not the point. They should not be in age-determined grades. They should be taught in accordance with their abilities on each separate subject. They should not be allowed to move on in any single subject until they can demonstrate mastery of it.

You could be ten and in fifth grade math but still taking second grade reading if that's where your abilities in each subject placed you. As it is, we have teenage students who read at elementary school levels but who are required to attend high school English classes where they can only fall further behind.

We need to take education seriously by demanding real results from teachers and students and eliminating social promotion altogether.

by Anonymousreply 6510/13/2013

[quote]Suppose you could go back in time to the days just before a controversial event in history took place. Knowing what you know now about how the event turned out, and how it is regarded today, what would you say to the people in charge? Would you advise them to make the same decision they actually made, or to do something else?

Pointing out that your DNA hypothesis is utter bullshit is not the same as "blaming whitey" for the shortcomings of (some) African-American fathers, dumb ass.

by Anonymousreply 6610/13/2013

R38 Baby mother is White.

by Anonymousreply 6710/13/2013

These players are surrounded by groupies. Athlete starfuckers. A very nice camp counselor at my son's day camp years ago had one dream in life -- to be a chef for the NFL. One of the reasons? Leftover booty. They'll fuck the NFL chef if they can't get an athlete.

Think of Tiger Woods. They set him up with women everywhere he went. Every city in every country, there would be pussy waiting for him at a party or hotel bar.

This "mother" was probably a random fuck who got lucky and got pregnant. Now she'll get no more pay checks.

by Anonymousreply 6810/13/2013

[quote] Baby mother is White.

Most sports groupies are.

by Anonymousreply 6910/13/2013

Rachel utichitel was a madame for athletes , basically. She's damn lucky tiger Woods got busted for whoring because she is getting old and she never would have gotten a million dollars otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 7010/13/2013

Holding back kids isn't enough. Many of them need small-group or even individual settings to get them caught up. If little Johnny had trouble in 4th grade, repeating it isn't necessarily going to help if he's just in the same situation.

Problem is, small-group and individual instruction cost money. That simply won't do in today's America. That money is better spent on corporation deform initiatives.

R65, we need to include parents, communities, and society at large. We can mock Hilary, but it really does take a village.

by Anonymousreply 7110/13/2013

My friend in Minneapolis knows him. He had a total of 6 kids (now 5) and has paid countless other women to have aborions.

by Anonymousreply 7210/15/2013

Peterson never even saw the kid.

by Anonymousreply 7310/15/2013

Man sure loves to impregnate women and then move on......

Another woman and his 3 month old baby girl have now popped up. She was a VIP waitress at some club.

by Anonymousreply 7410/15/2013

The suspect in the beating murder of Peterson’s 2-year-old is the boyfriend of Peterson’s “baby mama” — now the casual, flippant, detestable and common buzz-phrase for absentee, wham-bam fatherhood.

The accused, Joseph Patterson, previously was hit with domestic assault and abuse charges.

With his resources, how could Peterson, the NFL’s MVP, have allowed his son to remain in such an environment? Did he not know, or not care? Or not care to know? Or not know to care?

Peterson couldn’t have provided his son a better life, a longer life?

Money can’t buy love, but having signed a $96 million deal, he could not have provided his child — apparently his second from a “baby mama” — a safe home?

But given Peterson’s father did hard time for drug money laundering maybe we’re both stuck with the values in which we were born, raised.

On Friday, Peterson said he was “focused” on football. On Sunday, he played. But it’s not as if murder doesn’t now regularly afflict the NFL.

Maybe Peterson’s son is just one more stands-to-reason murder victim, just another child born to just another “baby mama,” one more kid who never had a shot, anyway. Maybe, by now, even if we can’t accept it, we can expect it.

by Anonymousreply 7510/15/2013

There's a second illegitimate kid-- a three-month-old girl. And maybe a third, too.

by Anonymousreply 7610/16/2013

And three kids in Chicago were killed last week in gang violence.

It's nice to see how when you're a football player, not only are you more important but crimes committed against your family are too.

That's how it should be

by Anonymousreply 7710/16/2013

Remember the Real Housewives of South Boston? One of them claimed all her kids were fathered by athletes.

NSFW

by Anonymousreply 7810/16/2013

[quote]Did he not know, or not care? Or not care to know? Or not know to care?

As I understand it, he didn't know about the child until shortly before he was killed.

by Anonymousreply 7910/16/2013

Adrian Peterson Baby Mama -- He's Fathered SEVEN Children, Not Five

Our Adrian Peterson baby count was off by two -- at least according to one of the NFL star's baby mamas, who tells us AP has actually fathered SEVEN kids, not five.

TMZ broke the story about baby #5 today, but Erica Syion -- a former dancer who met AP in Houston a few years back -- called in to "TMZ Live" today to correct our math ... and the numbers are pretty shocking.

As for how good of a dad Adrian is, Erica says he dutifully pays his child support ... but could definitely stand to spend more quality time with his children.

by Anonymousreply 8010/16/2013

I'll never forgive the butterfinger putz for fumbling away the Superbowl.

Fumbled about 4 times. 3 were lost.

by Anonymousreply 8110/16/2013

There was plenty of blame to go around in that game.

by Anonymousreply 8210/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.