Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

ABC's "Wonderland" TV show

Anyone watch last night?

Weird mix of Alice in Wonderland and ... Aladdin? Jafar is the big bad? Weird.

Some of the effects were laughably bad. I haven't seen such obvious green-screen work since ... "V".

by Anonymousreply 4304/10/2014

... anyone? Crickets?

by Anonymousreply 110/11/2013

I watched with one eye while I was online. Not hooked.

by Anonymousreply 210/11/2013

The only reason to watch right now is the John Lithgow-voiced White Rabbit.

The Red Queen has overly-plumped lips and when she sneers, its with the right side slightly raise. The Chesire Cat was laughable!!

The Knave of Hearts reminds me of Jake Gyllenhall (sp?); it's probably the big eyes.

I'll stay with it, though. Nothing else to watch on Thursdays from 8 - 9 PM ET. I can catch reruns of TBBT and The Millers.

by Anonymousreply 310/11/2013

[quote]The Knave of Hearts reminds me of Jake Gyllenhall (sp?); it's probably the big eyes.

I never made that connection (still don't), but it might explain why I thought he was so hot. I'm in total lust with Jake Gyllenhall.

by Anonymousreply 410/11/2013

Bumping the original 'official' thread

by Anonymousreply 510/12/2013

Thanks r5, probably couldn't find it because it's not the full title.

by Anonymousreply 610/12/2013

People complain about the effects on this show, how do they compare to the original show's effects? Or is the original show just less dependent on effects, Wonderland requiring a far more dazzling world? Many of the CGI creatures were pretty cheesy, but I loved the colorful backgrounds, and as I said in the other thread, the marshmallow lake. If it's going to have stuff like that every week, I'm in.

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2013

I didn't see it, but I've been watching Once. How do they address the parts of the wonderland story that were seen in Once Upon a Time, like Queen of Hearts and the Mad Hatter?

The FX in Once are pretty terrible. Since the same people are making this, it's no surprise the FX are bad.

by Anonymousreply 810/12/2013

Next stop Wonderland.

by Anonymousreply 910/13/2013

The Mad Hatter left Wonderland, no doubt finding a better life in Storybrook.

by Anonymousreply 1010/14/2013

R8, they mentioned that the Mad Hatter hadn't been seen in ages.

by Anonymousreply 1110/14/2013

TVbyTheNumbers.com is already predicting certain cancellation, but I think they've already filmed 13 episodes and I hope they air all of them. It was originally conceived as a limited run series, so it'd wrap up fairly neatly at 13 episodes. They just hoped for a second season and that's never going to happen.

I'm not that familiar with the original series, but I think I like Wonderland better. I'm a sucker for Wonderland stuff though, I like the classic cartoon, Tim Burton's version and late 90s miniseries with Martin Short.

by Anonymousreply 1210/14/2013

Episode 2 was slightly better. I'm sorry, but this interpretation of Jafar, perm and all, sucks.

by Anonymousreply 1310/17/2013

I'm just not feeling it.

by Anonymousreply 1410/18/2013

I was hoping they'd make the Knave of Hearts gay, but in the last episode they mentioned an affair he had with a fairy (the other kind).

by Anonymousreply 1510/21/2013

I wouldn't throw the Knave of Hearts out of bed.

by Anonymousreply 1610/22/2013

There are a few glaring plot holes - first of all the rabbit just ports into storybrooke when they spent an entire season saying no magic was in story brooke. They established Cora was the red queen in wonderland and the hatter was trapped there by Regina..somehow the hatter got back to either storybrooke or the enchanted forrest because he was in the original Once.

Alice spent all that time in the insane asylum but she had three wishes in her shoe?? Why not just show them the wishes as proof..or better yet. Wish the Genie to her side??

by Anonymousreply 1710/22/2013

Il fait meh, even with the cute guy.

by Anonymousreply 1810/22/2013

[quote]They established Cora was the red queen in wonderland...

I thought she was the Queen of Hearts

by Anonymousreply 1910/22/2013

I said I hope they air all 13 episodes at r7, but after seeing the second, I don't really care anymore. I can see now why the public has given it the facepalm, it just isn't that good. None of the new network shows are, except *maybe* Blacklist, but I remain unconvinced.

by Anonymousreply 2010/22/2013

R20, "Sleepy Hollow" is good.

But I agree with most of the rest not being good, though "Almost Human" hasn't premiered yet.

by Anonymousreply 2110/22/2013

The digital effects are awful. It's really some undergrad graphic design shit.

by Anonymousreply 2210/22/2013

r19 queen of hearts yes, red queen..sorry same idff. Cora was the queen and who ever she is now...I think she is actually a pretty good actress.

again though glaring plot holes, they beheaded the mad hatter and he did not die, as the red queen said, no one dies in wonderland unless I say so.

They need more of a back story for Jafar and the queen so we can love to hate them. Right now Jafar is cheesy and the queen...she is pretty but no idea what motivates her.

with once upon a time we knew in a few episodes how they got there, how emma came to be, why the queen was evil...

by Anonymousreply 2310/22/2013

I disagree about SH, r21. It's made by the Fringe people, that show is getting old so they have to start up a new franchise, but all they want to do is rip off X-Files again, except this time with a Sleepy Hollow motif. And the romance novel version of Ichabod is ridiculous, his acting doesn't interest me and I don't find him sexy either. Too bad because I like the female cop.

by Anonymousreply 2410/22/2013

I think R24 posted on the wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 2510/23/2013

Let's hope it lasts all 12 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 2610/25/2013

hmm just got interesting with the Red Queen being from enchanted forrest like naive. In Through the Looking Glass there was a Red Queen and a Red King so wonder where the red king is.

by Anonymousreply 2710/25/2013

I'm really struggling to care.

I can't deal with Said from LOST and his bad wig.

by Anonymousreply 2811/01/2013

It wasn't on last night. Charlie Brown got a higher rating.

by Anonymousreply 2911/01/2013

anyone else watching this show. not quite sure if its supposed to be high camp or is just badly done. it does have a amazing wtf factor to it.

by Anonymousreply 3003/21/2014

This show has bad effects for a Vancouver/ BC based production. Even Continuum (filmed in BC) has upped its game.

I got caught up on this show online and laughed so hard at how campy it's becoming. I'm surprised it hasn't been canceled.

by Anonymousreply 3103/21/2014

I'm enjoying The Jabberwocky. The actress who plays her is doing a brilliant job.

by Anonymousreply 3203/22/2014

yeah steam punk lady gaga is a weirdly brilliant creation. like something one would see in a land with a shitload of magic mushrooms. would love for her to get a spin off. maybe she can move in with the charmings next season on ouat.

by Anonymousreply 3303/22/2014

It will not be renewed. Once Upon a time is in danger of not being renewed as well. It was written with a 12 episode arc in case it was not.

by Anonymousreply 3403/22/2014

i bet 34 enjoys telling kids santas not real too.

by Anonymousreply 3503/22/2014

No Second Season for ABC’s ‘Once Upon a Time in Wonderland’

MARCH 28, 2014 | 12:15PM PT; Rick Kissell

The original is still doing pretty well for ABC, but spinoff “Once Upon a Time in Wonderland” won’t be returning to the network next season, the Alphabet confirmed Friday.

“Wonderland,” whose 13th and final episode of its rookie season will air next week, has struggled in the ratings in a Thursday-at-8 hour that has proven difficult for ABC to solve. Last night’s episode did a 0.9 rating/3 share in adults 18-49 and 3.3 million total viewers.

The ABC Studios series was based on the Lewis Carroll novel “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.”

ABC plans to air a special “Shark Tank” in the hour on April 10, and will follow that with encores of “Grey’s Anatomy” for the duration of the television season.

by Anonymousreply 3603/28/2014

[quote]Wonderland opened with a disappointing 1.7 in adults 18-49 and quickly slipped below the 1.0 demo rating, most recently logging a 0.9 last night. It was originally eyed for an expanded limited run of as many as 17 episodes but, following its slow start, it ended up producing 13 episodes, all of which will have aired.

by Anonymousreply 3703/28/2014

I bailed after the third episode. It was awful.

No shock it was canceled.

by Anonymousreply 3803/28/2014

It was a bit darker than OUAT but I did find it interesting. They really should have used Barbara Hershey more though and less Jafar.

by Anonymousreply 3903/29/2014

"Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" failed as a long-run series but succeeded as a limited-run series. Not every show has to go on forever, or until the viewers get sick and tired of it.

By the way, there is a possibility that the Knave of Hearts will come back, as one of the characters in "Once Upon a Time."

by Anonymousreply 4004/04/2014

R40, it was already been reported that the actor who plays The Knave/Will Scarlet has been signed as a recurring character on OUAT.

by Anonymousreply 4104/04/2014

I liked that the actor who played the knave would wear super tight jeans :)

by Anonymousreply 4204/05/2014

he and the red queen, anastacia should go to story brook, She did learn all her magic from Cora.

by Anonymousreply 4304/10/2014
Need more help? Click Here.