Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Farewell to Finn.

Is anyone watching?

Does Lea actually think she'll get an Emmy nod?

by Anonymousreply 11810/14/2013

I felt nothing.

by Anonymousreply 110/10/2013

Who?

by Anonymousreply 210/10/2013

yawn

by Anonymousreply 310/11/2013

That was the height of meh.

by Anonymousreply 410/11/2013

I thought the show was terrible, but did include some terrific performances, specifically Naya Rivera, Mike O'Malley, and Dot Marie Jones. Matt Morrison proved himself a terrible actor; all of his scenes rang totally false. I thought it was a terrible idea to not give us some closure as to how Finn died. Over all, I thought it was a bit too maudlin, and after Lea Michelle's performance, I totally believe the rumors that they weren't a real couple. She was all crocodile tears and no real emotions at all.

by Anonymousreply 510/11/2013

Who?

by Anonymousreply 710/11/2013

When Jane Lynch acts with Morrison it is so apparent he is a hack. Her emotions are so real and his so....brah! I'm acting.

by Anonymousreply 810/11/2013

I thought the episode was kind of a mess. I expected to feel really moved, but mostly felt nothing. Also, the acting was awful. I normally like Naya Rivera, but I thought she was terrible last night, particularly in the scene where she ran out of the room crying. And the scene with her and Sue made absolutely no sense whatsoever. The scene with Puck in the locker room also showed Dot Marie Jones's limitations as an actress. She was totally wooden. The most moving and best acted scene was the one in Finn's old bedroom with Kurt and the parents. And I appreciate the message of focusing on someone's life rather than their death, but to never say how Finn died was distracting.

by Anonymousreply 910/11/2013

We had not watched the last two seasons or so. What a terrible mess they made of a once fun and quirky show. That Sue Sylvester character has become a farce, an unfunny farce. The scene where Puck breaks down was embarassing. Man that guy is NOT an actor. Ultimately it was an hour of songs, not an hour of drama. The only thing sad about the episode was the total lack of talent and imagination from the show's creators. A major character dies and that was the best they could come up with ?

by Anonymousreply 1110/11/2013

huh, is ice-t leaving svu?

by Anonymousreply 1210/11/2013

It wasn't even a very good hour (42 minutes) of songs, R11. I liked Puck's version of "No Surrender" as much as you like his acting. Only "I'll Stand by You" made any sense for a bunch of people who actually knew him.

It was a time for old, familiar songs. "Just the Way You Are" would have made sense for Kurt, Burt, Carole, and Rachel to sing together. And I really hoped the New Directions would do a sad version of "Don't Stop Believin'".

I don't know enough about the current Finchelship to know what Rachel's best song might have been, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't it, the thing she sang.

by Anonymousreply 1310/11/2013

SVU's Fin has only one "n" in his name. It's short for "Odafin."

by Anonymousreply 1410/11/2013

This should be the end of the series. Period. He died, nowhere to go now. Over.

And it was dumb not to say how he died.

I'm sure next week it will all be forgotten and he will never be mentioned again.

by Anonymousreply 1510/11/2013

But the new cheerleader is cute.

by Anonymousreply 1610/11/2013

That was a textbook lesson in how not to do a tribute show.

The only actor who did a good job was the lady who played Fin's mom.

I didn't like that they didn't give a reason, or the pious and kind of self conscious "IT's about HOW he lived," sentiment they tried to pull off. Well yes, but it's also about whether the cops shot him after he gunned down some children or he died of cancer.

The how of someone who dies young substantially affects the grieving process.

Since we all know what happened the only reason I can see for not making Fin a secret addict and addressing the issue squarely, was because they lacked the courage.

by Anonymousreply 1710/11/2013

Lea Michelle: Still ugly.

by Anonymousreply 1810/11/2013

I didn't watch the show, how did they kill him off?

by Anonymousreply 1910/11/2013

They didn't want to admit that the actor OD'd so they just pretended he ascended to Heaven on a ray of light.

by Anonymousreply 2010/11/2013

Last night’s Glee episode, an emotional send-off of tragic star Cory Monteith‘s character Finn, drew a 2.8 rating in adults 18-49, 2.9 in 18-34 and 7.4 million viewers. That was up +75% from last week in 18-49, up 81% in 18-34 and up 68% in total viewers.

Written by Glee creators Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan, “The Quarterback” was the series’ highest-rated episode in 18-49 and 18-34 in more than a year. In 18-49, it tied ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy in the 9 PM hour.

by Anonymousreply 2110/11/2013

With as much publicity as this episode received, I would've thought that it would have at least beat The Millers, instead of tying 4th place for the night with Grey's.

by Anonymousreply 2210/11/2013

R22 ratings are irrelevant to Fox

It is the demo that counts. That is all they care about.

by Anonymousreply 2310/11/2013

Yes, r23, but The Millers beat it in both desirable demos!! They couldn't even get a solid 3.0.

by Anonymousreply 2410/11/2013

[quote]but to never say how Finn died was distracting.

Chuck Cunningham Syndrome?

by Anonymousreply 2510/11/2013

Chord Overstreet cannot sing.

by Anonymousreply 2610/11/2013

It didn't air opposite "The Millers," so comparing ratings is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 2710/11/2013

I was in two shows last night, too!

by Anonymousreply 2810/11/2013

Did anyone else get a "Brokeback Mountain" vibe about people trying on the jacket?

by Anonymousreply 2910/11/2013

Not a fan of "Glee". I've never seen a single episode but I have a question for those Dataloungers who watch it and really like it.

Is it at all problematic for you that a supposedly "gay friendly" show had that appalling "gay hostile" bearding situation between the dead druggie boy and the arrogant, ugly girl who needs a nose job? They're continuing to perpetuate the story of their fake relationship posthumously, from the publicity I've seen.

by Anonymousreply 3010/11/2013

r30, get lost, troll.

You're not remotely funny, from the posts that I've read.

by Anonymousreply 3110/11/2013

I'm not a troll, ass-wipe. That was my first post to this thread.

My question is a serious one, particularly on the Datalounge. Isn't the bearding thing between desperately in need of a nose job and the dead drug addict an issue for you at all?

I think it's a problem for Glee's "gay friendly" reputation. How "gay friendly" is bearding?

by Anonymousreply 3210/11/2013

And you [italic]know[/italic] Corey was gay, R30 R32? Did he leave his dickprint on your sheet? Or one of your lips?

by Anonymousreply 3310/11/2013

Lea's performance of "To Make You Feel My Love" never sounded so disembodied (pardon my pun). Couldn't she sing something live for once a la Anne?

by Anonymousreply 3410/11/2013

All the music was kind of bad if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 3510/11/2013

R32, ignore the ungleeful Glee assholes. They seem to think the show has some sort of value as entertainment, either because they're 13 or because they're fat losers.

The answer to your question is that, no, it's not gay friendly to beard. But this druggie no-talent fool and his irritating, shrill, pushy twat costar were not in a beard situation. It was merely a showmance. A typically cynical showmance. And that, as such, has nothing to do with gay this or that. It merely has to do with the smaller matters of lack of integrity, soullessness and the transcendence of mediocrity in popular art forms.

by Anonymousreply 3610/11/2013

DL has discussed the possible bearding situation ad nauseum.

But you are still a jerk for addressing the performers the way you did, and thinking it was somehow clever.

And you can troll across the threads. It doesn't have to be limited to one thread, shit-stirrer.

by Anonymousreply 3710/11/2013

Last nite's episode got a shitload of press, so I expected bigger numbers too. But no one is watching this season. Last week, the show got a 1.5 18-49 rating which is horrible. We'll see if Adam Lambert can pull in any viewers when Glee returns in Nov.

by Anonymousreply 3810/11/2013

So why didn't Quinn or Brittany show up?

by Anonymousreply 3910/11/2013

Murphy didn't invite Agron, R39, and Morris is pregnant. In an interview a few weeks ago, Agron acknowledged she wasn't invited. Murphy is trying to cover now by claiming she was too busy to come back, but everybody knows he's a liar.

by Anonymousreply 4110/11/2013

R32, R40, I love Barbra, I love Lea Michele. i think Lea has what it takes to be a great star.

Barbra did ok without a nose job. Lea can too. Refusing to alter her nose to be "Hollywood pretty" shows me she has integrity and knows her worth.

by Anonymousreply 4210/11/2013

R42, it's more likely Lea enjoys the high volume in which her big nose can inhale cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 4310/11/2013

[quote] Murphy didn't invite Agron

Why? Did they have a falling out?

by Anonymousreply 4410/12/2013

The Dailymail claims that Murphy and Lea HATES Diana!

They HATE her so much, they wanted her off the show.

Diana was also discovered to unfollow Murphy on Twitter after season 3.

by Anonymousreply 4510/12/2013

I thought it was a dreadful episode.

They implied (with the "I should have hugged him more" scene) that he committed suicide.

Keep it klassy FOX!

And the "RememberingCory" hashtags perpetually on screen were a crass reminder of how the show was milking his death for ratings.

by Anonymousreply 4610/12/2013

The most (and really only) moving part was when Finn's mother broke down.

It was a little heavy on Santana, too, though I guess she was standing in for Quinn, with whom Finn actually did have a lot of history. And I agree that Naya Rivera, who's usually one of the best actresses, was way off. When she shrieked and fled the room I wanted to laugh.

Matt Morrison sobbing into Finn's jacket had some shades of Brokeback, yes. But it was also probably one of the least offensive scenes of the whole bizarre episode.

by Anonymousreply 4710/12/2013

i have to say i didn't think the episode was very good..there were a few good scenes with Kurt, his dad, and step mother being the best.. but it just seemed like to me, everyone was overacting..also what was the deal with mr shue stealing the jacket?

by Anonymousreply 4810/12/2013

[italic]That was the height of meh.[/italic]

meTh.

by Anonymousreply 4910/12/2013

When Chris Colfer's character asked in voiceover "What can you say about a hero that died at 19?"

I responded. That he was 31?

Then I turned it off.

by Anonymousreply 5010/12/2013

I thought Dot-Marie was good. It was her shitty lines that were awful.

by Anonymousreply 5110/12/2013

so mr shue made everyone think puckerman stole the jacket..? that was kind of low.. and i can't believe they couldn't offer a peace branch so they could have Quinn back..these kids pop back and forth to lima all the time for stupid things, yet we were supposed to believe for a big thing like this Quinn wouldn't return? also it seemed strange that Kurt and Blaine weren't near each other or comforting each other thru out the whole episode..Aren't they engaged?

by Anonymousreply 5210/12/2013

Good God Naya looks like shit. So does Lea.

I must be a cold-hearted bitch but the episode was really, meh. Like someone else pointed out.

The scene where Rachel was talking to Shue was really... forced?

She was trying too hard and it didn't seem sincere. It really does make you realize their relationship in real-life was indeed a showmance.

Eh, glad that's all over.

by Anonymousreply 5310/12/2013

Radar reported that Lea and Ryan were afraid Dianna would make the episode all about her, which is ridiculous because she was always one of the show's true team players, unlike The Mourning Widow.

Dianna said in an interview a few weeks ago she wasn't invited back, even though she attended Cory's memorial and spent time with Jenna and Jane after Cory's death.

Ryan is now insisting Dianna had scheduling issues and thus didn't ask to come back for the episode. Lies, of course.

It was extremely odd that the episode somehow became the Santana show and Will basically let his students bully Puck who leave town with everybody thinking he was a thief. Just some really weird choices in the writing and acting all around.

by Anonymousreply 5410/12/2013

Puck's breakdown was, quite possibly, one of the worst acted scenes I've ever seen on a television show.

by Anonymousreply 5510/12/2013

Puck's crying jags (at least the first couple in the locker room scene) were pretty poor.

Rachel's performance was even less believable though. Whereas the singing performances and even the reaction shots of all the originals as they listened to others perform seemed very heartfelt, Rachel's performance came across as very contrived. It was on par with the grieving girlfriend show she put on for the Teen Choice Awards.

And for the record, I thought Quinn and Britney's absences from this ep were pretty glaring. (I get that HM was pregnant and that there was some falling out btw DA and RM, but I blame Ryan for this - I think he was just being a spiteful ass.)

by Anonymousreply 5610/12/2013

harry shum has it great..all he does is come in a few episodes and be there..he doesn't ever have lines, but he still gets paid..

by Anonymousreply 5710/12/2013

i just think it is weird that Will stole the jacket.. it is actually kind of creepy when you think it about it. He took the jacket and then had everyone blame puck..

by Anonymousreply 5810/12/2013

The whole episode was a mess. I feel bad for the viewers. Somehow Lea Michele tricked them into thinking it was a sincere performance of some kind. And all this dumb babble from idiot in chief ryan murphy about everything being one take. First there was the pre record of each song, then there was the wide shot, then medium shot, then close up, then reaction shot of other characters. They had to do each scene and song at least 5 or 6 times.

Lea won't win an Emmy or this episode. Perhaps a nomination from the readers of Marie Claire, but that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 5910/12/2013

Puck looked Thr bad side of 50

by Anonymousreply 6010/12/2013

Okay, Bitches, I have been classy during this whole affair and tried very hard not to make Cory's timely death ( I mean, untimely death) about me. But enough is enough. Don't I deserve Fanny Brice now? or do I have to kill off another cast member?

by Anonymousreply 6110/12/2013

I didn't recognize Puck in the opening number. He certainly has been getting enough to eat.

by Anonymousreply 6210/12/2013

[quote]Somehow Lea Michele tricked them into thinking it was a sincere performance of some kind.

CGI tears . . . CGI tears.

by Anonymousreply 6310/12/2013

Actually, I agree. I am sorry the boy died. But for heaven's sake, move on! He must not have had any family because surely they would have put a stop to this in the name of good taste.

by Anonymousreply 6410/12/2013

The Farewell album is #1 on iTunes, so at least he didn't die in vain.

by Anonymousreply 6510/12/2013

There, you see. Heath Ledger's family did not act like that.

by Anonymousreply 6610/12/2013

Please, let the dead die.

by Anonymousreply 6710/12/2013

The only part that I thought was moving was Kurt, Burt, and Finn's mother. I don't see how Burt's speech at all implies Finn committed suicide. And for God's sake, give O'Malley a Best Guest Star Emmy nom at least! Who would believe this guy from Yes, Dear would be so good on Glee?

by Anonymousreply 6810/12/2013

Yes, that scene with Kurt, Burt and Finn's mother was as close to perfect as it could get. The rest of it was an utter mess, especially Lea Michelle's transparently insincere appearances.

by Anonymousreply 6910/12/2013

Lea's song was the first one of the episode filmed. When she finished, Murphy said she looked at the rest of the cast and told them nobody would have a more difficult time performing than her and if she could do it they could too.

I don't know who is more self-important: Ryan Murphy or Lea Michele. Both suck.

by Anonymousreply 7010/12/2013

R70, Lea was just telling the cast to be professionals and pull themselves together. There is nothing wrong with that.

Please remember this was a farewell to Finn, not a farewell to Cory.

by Anonymousreply 7110/12/2013

Lea was dressed up like a little bitty girl in her scenes. And Amber Riley's extensions were horrible.

by Anonymousreply 7310/12/2013

R59, When they do only one take, they have cameras everywhere to get all the shots they need. Glee has done this before.

by Anonymousreply 7410/12/2013

I feel sorry for the half dozen actors who sang but didn't have a single line.

I mean, really. Blaine's boyfriend's stepbrother dies and they don't even SIT together in glee, let alone have one or two lines together?

How annoying it must have been to just sit and pout for hours on end while others had those treacly lines.

And the fact that they deliberately avoided making up some fictional death, and in one line Curt says "how he died is unimportant."

Actually, it is! Did Finn fall off a frat house balcony? Car crash? Bath salts?

Glee is the train wreck I can't not watch.

by Anonymousreply 7510/12/2013

Why does Lea annoy me so much? I don't even watch the show, merely seeing a photo of her is enough to raise my hackles. Is it the cheesy grin? The way she spells her cheesy stage name? What??

by Anonymousreply 7610/12/2013

R71, Lea was continuing the farce of pretending to be Cory's girlfriend by dramatically opining how difficult her performance had been for her and they should learn from her example.

She was faking a relationship with a drug addict for her career. Now she's playing on his death for her career. It's sickening.

by Anonymousreply 7710/12/2013

All I know is I couldn't stop tearing up during her scenes, and I cried big time during Lea's "Make You Feel My Love". I even downloaded the song on iTunes. Call me a chump, call me a sap, but i loved the show and I loved Lea.

by Anonymousreply 7810/12/2013

Maybe I'm a cynic, but I only teared up during the scene with Finn's mother. Lea's scene rang insincere.

by Anonymousreply 7910/12/2013

I was hoping for a big old sob fest (on my part). They didn't deliver.

by Anonymousreply 8010/12/2013

The episode was marred by a bad script and some questionable acting. With his limitations as an actor, Mark Salling should have never been given that material. Naya usually delivers, but that scene in which she started sobbing and shrieking during that song was pretty embarrassing.

But the whole episode started off on the wrong foot when Kurt told us, "Everyone wants to talk about how he died, but who caaares? I care more about he lived!"

Everyone knows how Monteith died and that statement might be true of HIM, but Finn was a -- get ready for it -- fictional character. I think fans who were invested in the character deserved some closure. By not telling us the cause of death, it just makes the viewers speculate. I, for one, believe that Finn choked to death on a monster cock in a bathroom stall at Breadstix.

by Anonymousreply 8110/12/2013

The Peter Pan collar on Rachel's dress annoyed me big-time. I don't think she should have walked in there wearing a low-cut gown but still.

Ryan Murphy is an insufferable snob/asshole.

by Anonymousreply 8210/12/2013

[quote] Lea's song was the first one of the episode filmed. When she finished, Murphy said she looked at the rest of the cast and told them nobody would have a more difficult time performing than her and if she could do it they could too.

Yes, because she's spent months performing as his on and off screen girlfriend (now widowed girlfriend) and then she was forced to emote the cumulative affections of those months in one brief take... while singing. Ahh the price of fame...uh... I mean, love.

The cast members must have been besides themselves with disgust and disdain for the hypocrisy when they weren't actually grieving Cory's loss. Those circumstances would test any actor.

by Anonymousreply 8310/12/2013

R82=Dorothy Collins

by Anonymousreply 8410/12/2013

You people are awful. Awful! The episode wasn't perfect but I enjoyed and shed a tear or two...

by Anonymousreply 8510/12/2013

Puck is Hott

by Anonymousreply 8610/12/2013

I am so glad I am not the only one who hated this episode.

Yes, I want to know why Finn died. How sanctimonious of them to say it didn't matter how he died.

Glee is watched by millions of teens who could have been given a warning about doing drugs. And the Finn character was not the most loved, most disliked him and wanted him off the show. Also Sue really hated him because of that remark he made about her baby being retarded.

So yeah, stupid episode that will be forgotten next week.

by Anonymousreply 8710/12/2013

Now, now, R87, don't you know Sue was looking forward to teaching side by side with Finn for years to come? Revisionist crap this show is.

by Anonymousreply 8810/12/2013

They should have had a Moldavian wedding.

by Anonymousreply 8910/12/2013

Yeah, agree with others, didn't really like or "get it."

Perhaps, they really wrote it too quickly after his death. I was hoping it would be more of a celebration of his life since it was supposed to be some weeks after the funeral. It was just a bunch of very sad songs and everybody crying.

by Anonymousreply 9010/12/2013

Where was Britney S Piers?

by Anonymousreply 9110/12/2013

What is this about a potential CM gay porn tape released?

by Anonymousreply 9210/12/2013

Agree with a lot of what has been said.

Best part of Kurt, Burt and Finn's mom, they hit all the right notes.

Mercedes lost weight but no one noticed?

Puck looked REALLY old.

by Anonymousreply 9310/12/2013

R85 obviously needs to shed some weight along with that "tear or two."

Why are these sorts of idiots turning up here lately?

by Anonymousreply 9410/12/2013

92, search "cory monteith amateur porn" and you'll find the supposed video (xvideos).

by Anonymousreply 9510/12/2013

R90, I suppose if Murphy had just said the episode was very difficult, expectations would have been tempered. Instead, he spoke time and again about how powerful the episode would be, how everyone raved over his script, how strong the performances were, what an amazing tribute it would be, etc. He just talks way too much and way too big.

by Anonymousreply 9610/12/2013

Thanks, R95. If that really is Cory -- and you do see a face that looks like his around :25 -- then we know he was hung, uncut, unsafe, a top, and had a Prince Albert.

The bottom boy was pretty, too.

by Anonymousreply 9710/12/2013

You're welcome, R97. Some are saying it's not him because this guy doesn't have the tribal tattoo Cory had on his bicep, but we don't know how old it is, and it looks a lot like him to me.

by Anonymousreply 9810/12/2013

I just can't believe those were the best songs they could come up with for his tribute. "Seasons of Love" was done well but it should have been an acoustic version of "Don't Stop Believin'." Yeah, they've done it numerous times but it was so identified with Finn it would make much more sense than the RENT song.

The other songs - especially Rachel's - just didn't work for me. I guess I just could have come up with a half dozen songs that would have worked better.

by Anonymousreply 9910/12/2013

Thank you, R17!!!! I kept thinking that the entire episode.

by Anonymousreply 10010/13/2013

Ryan Murphy let Lea pick out the song she sang, R99.

by Anonymousreply 10110/13/2013

I'm so glad I don't watch this cornball show. I've never been able to make it past 10 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 10210/13/2013

Thanks for weighing in, r102. Threads about a specific television program are always enlivening by contributions such as yours. I wish more people who have never seen "Glee" would post their thoughts on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 10310/13/2013

[quote]Thanks for weighing in, [R102]. Threads about a specific television program are always enlivening by contributions such as yours. I wish more people who have never seen "Glee" would post their thoughts on this thread.

I fit that category and I started this thread.

by Anonymousreply 10410/13/2013

Totally agree, R99.

by Anonymousreply 10510/13/2013

R98 I feel closer to him after watching him fuck a guy.

by Anonymousreply 10610/13/2013

R91. Didn't you read the thread? She was with child, and that would have added a truly new dimension to a memorial event! I think it would have been fine if they had merely sung the opening "prelude" and then moved on without all the crocodile tears and fancy mourning performances.

by Anonymousreply 10710/13/2013

not sure why you haters even care about this thread....as to the fans have you seen this link?

by Anonymousreply 10810/13/2013

How big do we estimate Cory's dick was? Any guesses?

by Anonymousreply 10910/13/2013

It looks pretty big as he's pulling out of that guy's ass. He was no Q-tip dick.

by Anonymousreply 11010/13/2013

I don't get some of you haters, many who have apparently never watched the show or gotten into it.

I found Lea's song touching and brave. I'm glad she's coming back to the show, and not hiding away in some dark room. I think Cory would have wanted her to go on with her life, the same as Finn would have wanted Rachel to pursue her dreams.

by Anonymousreply 11110/13/2013

I've seen every episode of Glee, R111, and I thought the tribute was trite.

And never for a second have I believed Cory and Lea were dating in real life. It was all for show.

by Anonymousreply 11210/13/2013

i guess I was fooled. I thought Cory and Lea were for real. They did make a great couple.

by Anonymousreply 11310/13/2013

How did they make a great couple? That's a serious question.

by Anonymousreply 11410/13/2013

R114. Drug addict and self addict, that's how.

by Anonymousreply 11510/14/2013

The episode, aside from the scene the parents, was a truly bad example of writing and acting. That's very true, but also quite understandable.

How would you do at your job (acting is these people's job, not a mirror of their true emotions. they're not very good actors, but it's still their job)if you were in grief and had to perform about something quite connected to that very grief? I know I'd perform quite badly.

I have no idea if they were really a couple and how much all of them cared about one another, I don't really care, but you have to admit that chances are that was an hard time and situation to be working. I also think it's quite tacky to be speculating about his sexuality/relationships now. He's dead, let's remember him the way he wanted to be seen, since it's not like you'l know.

by Anonymousreply 11610/14/2013

I could have lived with storytelling flaws if they had just gotten the music right.

by Anonymousreply 11710/14/2013

[quote]the same as Finn would have wanted Rachel to pursue her dreams.

As long as the writers wrote it that way. These are not real people. Unlike Ava Jerome or Luke and Laura! :-)

by Anonymousreply 11810/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.