Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tasteful Friends, Buy Me Something In Wisconsin?

The house isn't my style and there are people currently living there. You'd have to ask them to leave.

It's Madison, Wisconsin. I avoid Wisconsin.

Everything is so wrong, yet it's beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 3210/18/2013

It's okay, OP. Just stay where we are. We don't need pretentious twats like you around.

by Anonymousreply 110/10/2013

Stop being so dramatic. Relax and enjoy Door County.

Or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 210/10/2013

What a charming little house! I want to pick it up, and put it someplace I could bear to live.

And add some fucking color. I'm sick to death of those awful Tasteful Neutrals.

by Anonymousreply 310/10/2013

The architect has a design sense for homes usually reserved for schools. The design is ok, but not as successful as his "bluff house" which is truly a very sophisticated and elegant home.

This house, well...he gets a "C".

by Anonymousreply 410/11/2013

The emphasis on outdoor space in a house in Wisconsin will really let you enjoy those blasts of arctic air in the winter.

by Anonymousreply 510/11/2013

Are those two silly old queens the ones who live there?

by Anonymousreply 610/11/2013

Not only is it totally inappropriate for the climate, R5, all those curtain-free glass walls make all wrong for a location where other people's houses are so close. Imagine how much it costs to heat that lovely bedroom, and how much the neighbors can see!

That house belongs on an open hillside or in a redwood grove in Marin County, Ca., not in a Wisconson suburb.

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2013

Here we are OP, something even better. A 1903 Walter Burley Griffin home in downtown Elmurst, Illinois.

Prairie style just remodeled. Of course, this is before he went to Australia and designed Canberra.

by Anonymousreply 810/13/2013

is this a back door soap thread?

by Anonymousreply 910/13/2013

Normally I am one of your more bitchy "Tasteful Friends" but for once you have shown us a home that I actually quite like, it's absolutely perfect. I cannot find a single piece of decor, color choice, or architectural feature I ,personally, find objectionable.

Except the location, and that is more for the climate and that godawful brick structure adjacent to the home rather than anything against Wisconsin.

by Anonymousreply 1010/13/2013

How they managed to stuff so many cliches into just one space is simply remarkable. At least the original had a functionalist charm.

by Anonymousreply 1110/13/2013

I wish you could see stuff on Houzz, but they put up one visual roadblock after another.

I love the house, though. MCM. Turquoise. What's not to love (at least, as much as I can see of it)?

by Anonymousreply 1210/13/2013

I really like most of it, but the kitchen is overdone. Dark ceiling, White cabinets, super busy wood wrapping around the bar, open shelving. Having the orange wall to the left of the kitchen doesn't help.

The living room, bedroom and outdoor spaces are very well done.

by Anonymousreply 1310/13/2013

A lot of sophisticated choices have been made here. The owners are intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 1410/13/2013

AHA!

R10 , back after a careful re-scanning of the house.

is that a FUCKING BIRDCAGE that assaults your guests they moment they walk through your front door?

Can't tell if it contains (shudder) a live bird, but if it does then they are disgusting and deserve to be dragged from that gorgeous space into the street and stoned to death with blocks Wisconsin cheddar , as do all who keep those filthy disease ridden shit factories in their homes.

by Anonymousreply 1510/13/2013

This is one of my favorite residences linked on DL. I like all of it, including many of the furnishings (rare for me). The architecture is terrific.

[quote]That house belongs on an open hillside or in a redwood grove in Marin County, Ca., not in a Wisconson suburb.

Agreed. It looks so out of place where it is.

by Anonymousreply 1610/13/2013

The kitchen reminds me of The Brady Bunch, and I hate open floorplans. Other than that, not bad.

by Anonymousreply 1710/13/2013

The outdoors? It looks like it's on a tiny lot.

by Anonymousreply 1810/13/2013

It looks like you can see them in bed from the street.

by Anonymousreply 1910/13/2013

Privacy fence around the courtyard is not very private.

by Anonymousreply 2010/13/2013

I would need curtains or blinds on those windows. Too open.

by Anonymousreply 2110/13/2013

[quote]Not only is it totally inappropriate for the climate, [R5], all those curtain-free glass walls make all wrong for a location where other people's houses are so close. Imagine how much it costs to heat that lovely bedroom, and how much the neighbors can see!

Judging from the two old leather queens who live there, I'm sure their horrified neighbors are treated to a nightly display of fisting, sling-fucking, and watersports.

by Anonymousreply 2210/13/2013

They [italic]do[/italic] own Madison's premiere gay sports bar, R22, so you may well be right.

by Anonymousreply 2310/13/2013

[quote] Madison's premiere gay sports bar,

Madison has more than one gay sports bar? Amazing.

by Anonymousreply 2410/14/2013

I like it. Amazing to see the before and after transformation.

by Anonymousreply 2510/14/2013

I think they'll regret the wood floor around the tub.

by Anonymousreply 2610/16/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 2710/16/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 2810/16/2013

It that a beefcake picture of a boxer on their nightstand?

by Anonymousreply 2910/16/2013

And there's no garage?! Just a car port in Wisconsin? I guess the lot is so small they needed the space for the house that would have been for a garage. When the wind blows the snow will cover their car so they may just as well park on the street.

by Anonymousreply 3010/16/2013

The entrance is spectacular, the LR a bit corporate, the paneling choice in the kitchen a MEH, the outdoor space amazing, and the bedroom...uh, you have to leave the deck lights on at night or else there's a scary wall of black.

by Anonymousreply 3110/18/2013

[quote]Dear God, it's Wisconsin. They get to use that outdoor space like, what? 3 days out of the year.

Not from what a friend who grew up there told me. 9 months of winter, 1 week of spring, and then 90-100f with wilting humidity. That's what she said. Can anyone confirm?

by Anonymousreply 3210/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.