[italic]American Horror Story[/italic]

[italic]Evening Shade[/italic]

[italic]M*A*S*H[/italic]

[italic]The Simpsons[/italic]

[italic]30 Rock[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 6610/12/2013

Mad Men

Anything Aaron Sorkin

Downton Abbey or any of those stuffy costume dramas.

by Anonymousreply 110/10/2013

Breaking Bad

by Anonymousreply 210/10/2013

Game of Thrones

Breaking Bad

by Anonymousreply 310/10/2013

[quote]Any TV show made before 2000. Old shows were so hokey and badly acted. Old TV, music and movies were beyond awful.

You consider anything before 2000 "old"? What the fuck are you, twelve? Sitcoms were better in the '80s and '90s, and nothing beats the primetime dramas of the '80s. TV is beyond shit nowadays with its "reality" shows and sitcoms full of smartass sarcastic characters and unfunny plots.

by Anonymousreply 510/10/2013

The Sopranos

Hill Street Blues

Game of Thrones

Mad Men

American Horror Story

Boardwalk Empire

by Anonymousreply 610/10/2013

I have to agree with MASH. I liked the movie but could never get into the series. I also never liked:

Happy Days Dallas (especially after Donna Reed)

by Anonymousreply 710/10/2013

Breaking Bad

Six Feet Under

West Wing

by Anonymousreply 810/10/2013

McNeil Lehrer News Hour

Rachel Maddow

I don't watch network or cable news, either, but these are deadly dull alternatives.

by Anonymousreply 910/10/2013

I'll go with all of the above.

by Anonymousreply 1010/10/2013

The Wire.

by Anonymousreply 1110/10/2013

I'm as liberal as you get and yet thought The West Wing was just overrated bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 1210/10/2013

Any and all fake, rehearsed so called Reality Shows. David Letterman Anything to do with the Kardashian pig sty. Any appearance by Newt Gingrich

by Anonymousreply 1310/10/2013

Modern Family due to the attention whoring behavior of the obnoxious cast members on the red carpet at award shows. No thanks!

by Anonymousreply 1410/10/2013

I'll see your Modern Family and raise you one House.

by Anonymousreply 1510/10/2013

Evening Shade was acclaimed by who, exactly?

Also, this poster: [quote]Sitcoms were better in the '80s and '90s, and nothing beats the primetime dramas of the '80s.

Forgot to add one thing: "Hisssss!"

by Anonymousreply 1610/10/2013

Breaking Bad, Hillstreet Blues, Oz, Modern Family, Six Feet Under, Friends, The Golden Girls, Frasier. The Wire.

by Anonymousreply 1710/10/2013

Charlie's Angels when they added Tiffany and Julie

by Anonymousreply 1810/11/2013

Oz

by Anonymousreply 1910/11/2013

M*A*S*H*

by Anonymousreply 2010/11/2013

Friends

The Simpsons

Seinfeld

Everyone Loves Raymond

Has anyone else experienced the "I don't watch that show but every time I happen to fall into an episode it's the same fucking episode" over and over again?

I've seen the "Seinfeld - sponge-worthy" episode four times. I've seen Seinfeld itself maybe a total of six times.

by Anonymousreply 2110/11/2013

House, Frasier, Taxi, Mad About You, The Cosby Show, West Wing, Family Ties.

by Anonymousreply 2210/11/2013

I Claudius

The Seven Wives of King Henry the Eighth

Upstairs, Downstairs

by Anonymousreply 2310/11/2013

House

by Anonymousreply 2410/11/2013

Some people in this thread don't seem to understand what the word "acclaimed" means.

by Anonymousreply 2510/11/2013

No one really wants to watch MASH at this late date. It was only a hit because there were not that many television stations at the time.

by Anonymousreply 2610/11/2013

Family Ties was more popular than acclaimed. Fox was a huge breakout star, and Justine Bateman was a second breakout star, popular enough to be offered her own theatrical vehicle. But the show was just the typical family shitcom with slightly above average writing. I also think Golden Girls was a very high quality conventional sitcom, but too conventional to be truly acclaimed.

by Anonymousreply 2710/11/2013

[quote]I also think Golden Girls was a very high quality conventional sitcom, but too conventional to be truly acclaimed.

"The Golden Girls" was absolutely acclaimed. I remember critics writing about it and what a smash they thought it was going to be during the summer before it premiered, with one even predicting that Estelle Getty would become "the biggest star on television." (Though it now ranks as one of my favorite TV shows of all time, it actually took a few episodes to grow on me.)

Everyone may not think so now but the show was definitely well-received at the time and won several Emmys during its run, including Best Comedy Series, and is one of the rare series in which every cast member won an Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 2810/11/2013

True r28, as I said it's definitely high quality, but for the purposes of this thread I think "acclaimed" basically means shows snobs like. And I don't think GG is considered that high brow.

by Anonymousreply 2910/11/2013

Fucking hate MASH with a passion.

Sopranos Breaking Bad Modern Family

with the exception of Mad Men pretty much any must watch show that people don't shut the fuck up about.

by Anonymousreply 3010/11/2013

That's a fair point, R29.

by Anonymousreply 3110/11/2013

Breaking Bad.

Dexter

Six Feet Under

The Sopranos

Ugly Betty

ALIAS

by Anonymousreply 3210/11/2013

Entourage

by Anonymousreply 3310/11/2013

I hate all of the medical shows. Dr. Oz, House, Grey's Anatomy, ER. All of those shows are annoying crap. I also hate shows about Law practices. And while I'm hating I will add Good Morning American, it is so annoying.

by Anonymousreply 3410/11/2013

I've seen and like: Breaking Bad, American Horror Story, Six Feet Under.

I binge watched Dexter and it was ok, but I didn't personally like it as much as the aforementioned 3. I'm still following Boardwalk Empire but it's getting boring.

I'm interested in trying Mad Men, Game Of Thrones, The Wire. Maybe Sopranos, because I'm sure it's at least an addictive soap. And I do love Goodfellas.

Didn't like Hill Street Blues or West Wing, not interested in Entourage or 24.

by Anonymousreply 3510/11/2013

I hate medical shows and love legal shows.

I'd rather put my eye in an egg cup than watch Good Morning America.

by Anonymousreply 3610/11/2013

Mad Men

I tried, but it just didn't catch me. And I don't like looking at Elizabeth Moss.

by Anonymousreply 3710/11/2013

Anything on HBO.

And MASH of course.

by Anonymousreply 3810/11/2013

[quote] Anything on HBO

Are you a fundie or just intellectually challenged?

by Anonymousreply 3910/11/2013

Evening Shade was acclaimed by who, exactly? I second this. It was awful.

Also -

Designing Women Dexter Modern Family True Blood NCIS CSI

by Anonymousreply 4010/11/2013

Lost

Breaking Bad

Grey's Anatomy

Desperate Housewives

All reality TV with the possible exception of The Amazing Race

House

Criminal Minds

CSI

Law and Order

by Anonymousreply 4110/11/2013

I just can't watch anything originating on US broadcast TV (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX) no matter how acclaimed it is. It all seems watered down to please the advertisers and middle America or neutered somehow. Now, I'm all for cable and premium cable shows but when I hear something is planned for NBC or the others, even if the premise sounds intriguing, I immediately have no interest.

by Anonymousreply 4210/11/2013

I don't like any comedies, no matter how acclaimed they may be.

I watched one episode of Breaking Bad and realized it wasn't for me.

by Anonymousreply 4310/11/2013

American Horror Story

Friends

Glee (acclaimed? maybe on DL...)

Breaking Bad (though I may binge watch it on Netflix one day)

House of Cards

Orange is the new black

I endured two seasons of Nurse Jackie (you couldn't pay me enough to watch the rest)

by Anonymousreply 4410/11/2013

Seinfeld Friends Breaking Bad Walking Dead Weeds Dexter Sopranos

by Anonymousreply 4510/12/2013

How I met Your Mother (the characters were annoying)

by Anonymousreply 4610/12/2013

West Wing Mad Men

by Anonymousreply 4710/12/2013

"Breaking Bad".

I see enough of drug culture at my urban hospital job, I don't need to watch it on my TV!

Plus, the fans are so fucking obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 4810/12/2013

Breaking Bad

by Anonymousreply 4910/12/2013

I know this is going to get me killed...but I've never cared enough to watch even ONE episode of "The Golden Girls"

by Anonymousreply 5010/12/2013

I don't get why everyone acclaims Downton abbey. I watched a couple of episodes in the first series and i was not impressed. I found it rather flat and it did not for me give a real sense of the divide btw upperclass and the servants. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 5110/12/2013

when i think of great shows, Evening Shade never comes to mind..

by Anonymousreply 5210/12/2013

Well many of the shows mentioned weren't acclaimed. Friends for example, it might've gotten some critical praise, but surely there were many critics who saw it as just another dumbed-down, lowest common denominator hit. I didn't watch it because I thought the jokes were unfunny and insultingly dumb.

by Anonymousreply 5310/12/2013

All "reality" shows

by Anonymousreply 5410/12/2013

Evening Shade was acclaimed?

by Anonymousreply 5510/12/2013

The Walking Dead.

Stupidest concept for a show EVAH.

by Anonymousreply 5610/12/2013

Burt Reynolds won an Emmy for Evening Shade (remember he thanked Loni Anderson's breasts in his acceptance speech?) There was a lot of talk at the time about how he finally got respect as an actor. The show was nominated for quite a few Emmys during its run. I guess that could qualify as acclaimed.

Shows I've never gotten:

Mad Men (talk about a show that has its head up its own ass. BORING.)

Two and a Half Men (Jon Cryer won how many awards for this? Why?)

Entourage (aging frat boy shit. Again, Jeremy Piven won how many Emmys for this? Why?)

by Anonymousreply 5710/12/2013

I live overseas, so I haven't seen a single episode of Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Modern Family, American Horror Story, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, New Girl, or Homeland. Not really interested in any of them. I did see one episode of Girls (evil shit), Veep (ok, but Thick of It better), 30 Rock (annoying), and Downton Abbey (boring).

by Anonymousreply 5810/12/2013

Star Trek

Dr Who

MASH

House

Seinfeld

Golden Girls (I know, I know, sacrilege)

by Anonymousreply 5910/12/2013

Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Sons Of Anarchy, Nip/Tuck, Modern Family, Scandal, every sitcom within the past five years.

by Anonymousreply 6010/12/2013

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, X-Files, Game of Thrones. I hate sci-fi/fantasy and the basement dwellers that eat that shit up.

by Anonymousreply 6110/12/2013

X-Files was ok if you were stoned. Buffy was cartoon crap, haven't tried Thrones yet.

by Anonymousreply 6210/12/2013

I Love Lucy.

by Anonymousreply 6310/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.