and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do men wish to be sex objects?

Datalounge will know

by Anonymousreply 2807/19/2014

I'm not just a human being.

I'm also a piece of meat.

by Anonymousreply 110/10/2013

no, it is demeaning and places a dude in the position of being submissive.

by Anonymousreply 210/10/2013

Isn't fuckbuddy sex objectified sex?

by Anonymousreply 310/10/2013

Sounds like a great great idea to me!

by Anonymousreply 410/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 510/10/2013

My first long term boyfriend certainly wanted to be seen that way. His entire self image was tied to his looks. As he aged and started losing his once pristine looks, he went into a deep depression. He wasn't a well person even before the depression.

by Anonymousreply 610/10/2013

Not in the Grindr way. I want to be a sex object like Lauren Bacall or Bridget Bardot. I want to feel sexual tension between myself and men, tension that stems from my intellect. Sex appeal, you know.

Guys have forgotten how to be sexy. Thanks, Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 710/10/2013

Yes especially if they happened to be married. I was involved with 3 married men stretching over several years and how demeaning, crotch grabbing, "here it is." I finally wised up realizing I am not a farmer and should not be dealing with pigs.

by Anonymousreply 810/10/2013

I want my sex to be dirty and degrading, is that the same?

by Anonymousreply 910/10/2013

Of course men want to be sex objects.

by Anonymousreply 1010/10/2013

I don't have an answer other than I want to lick Kieran from head to toe.

by Anonymousreply 1110/10/2013

I am accustomed to being a sex subject, OP. Let's get our terms right.

by Anonymousreply 1210/10/2013

I'm told many therapists know of me and refer to me as a colossal dick.

Does that count?

by Anonymousreply 1310/10/2013

Everyone wants to be a sex object on some level because that means you are desired by someone else and deemed worthy enough to continue the species with. If no one wants you, one some level that means no one thinks your genes are worth carrying on.

by Anonymousreply 1410/10/2013

Men as a group is not a monolith, OP. It depends on the man.

by Anonymousreply 1510/11/2013

R2 Why does every sentence with "dude" in it sound as if it was written by a moron?

by Anonymousreply 1610/11/2013

[quote]no, it is demeaning and places a dude in the position of being submissive.

Do you even know what "sex object" means? It has nothing to do with being demeaned or submissive, unless that's a part of your sexplay.

All men want to be sex objects. It means being seen as sexy and sexually arousing. A completely dominant person can be a sex object if their partner is turned on by them.

by Anonymousreply 1710/11/2013

This question is stupid. There is not a person on this planet that doesn't wish to be a sex object in some respects. Every person wants to feel attractive and wants other people to find you sexually attractive.

by Anonymousreply 1810/11/2013

I don't need to be thought of as a sex object, but I certainly welcome the idea!

by Anonymousreply 1910/11/2013

Why, no! I want to be known for my fabulous casseroles!

by Anonymousreply 2010/11/2013

One-on-one, it's fun on occasion. I can enjoy being seen as a piece of meat only good for a quick, physically intense fuck. But out in public, I can't stand it. I HATE being eye-raped at gay venues, so I quit going. Guys pawing at my chest or my ass, squeezing my arms, leering at me -- ugh. Can't stand it. Makes me feel like a kid on a playground filled with pedophiles. I've basically abdicated my social life because of it.

by Anonymousreply 2110/11/2013

[quote] I HATE being eye-raped at gay venues

and My reaction to that immediately is - "you're not that fucking good looking! get over yourself!"

by Anonymousreply 2210/11/2013

[quote]I HATE being eye-raped at gay venues, so I quit going.

Oh the humanity! How did you ever survive this? You poor thing!

by Anonymousreply 2310/11/2013

Oh sweet Jesus, R21. You sound ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 2410/11/2013

I keep my sex objects in a bedside drawer, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 2510/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 2606/27/2014

Most people want to be desired and found attractive. But wanting to look desirable does not mean they want to be objectified (treated like an object). Even if the motivation is to attract a sexual partner, objectification reduces a person to, well, an object. What the object thinks and wants goes out the window. No one wants that - not women, not even men. They may want to be desired but would never wish to tolerate the dehumanizing dismissal of all other aspects of themselves that goes along with sexual objectification.

by Anonymousreply 2706/27/2014

Most do not, but of those that want to, they don't want to be viewed as mere objects. Part of the masculine ideal is to be viewed as conquering, dominant, and powerful. Sex objects are generally passive, submissive, and subject to a more powerful force. Men don't want to be objects. They want to be viewed as attractive, but in the sense that they are conquerors, active, and powerful. They want to be viewed as the alluring boss.

by Anonymousreply 2807/19/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!