Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Joe Scarborough QUIET DIVORCE ... After 12-Year Marriage

Joe Scarborough -- host of MSNBC's "Morning Joe" -- quietly divorced his wife of 12 years back in January ... TMZ has learned.

The 50-year-old former Florida congressman filed the divorce docs in Connecticut back in September 2012 ... seeking to end his marriage to Susan Waren, a former aide to FL Gov. Jeb Bush. The two were married in 2001.

The former couple have 2 minor children together -- a 10-year-old and a 5-year-old.

There have been rumors for years that Scarborough has a thing for his "Morning Joe" co-host Mika Brzezinski (who is married btw). And the sexual tension between the two is so apparent, they addressed it during a media event in 2009 ... denying having any sort of romantic feelings for each other.

It's not Scarborough's first brush with divorce -- the conservative pundit ended his 1st marriage to Melanie Hinton back in 1999 after 13 years together. Joe and Melanie had 2 children together, who are now adults.

by Anonymousreply 8002/09/2015

holy crap/ family values at work again

by Anonymousreply 110/10/2013

He's fucking Mika. And it's pretty telling that Mr Conservative is blowing through wives (Susan is #2).

by Anonymousreply 210/10/2013

At least she's still alive.

by Anonymousreply 310/10/2013

Is she sick?

by Anonymousreply 410/10/2013

He claims he's not catholic, but he went to catholic school.

by Anonymousreply 510/10/2013

No wonder he's so manic

by Anonymousreply 610/10/2013

He's fucking Mika? Um, no. He's a drunk and probably thrown out by wife #2.

by Anonymousreply 710/10/2013

The sanctity of another hetero marriage has been ruined by gay marriage. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 810/10/2013

His collapse is complete.

He will NEVER be President.

by Anonymousreply 910/10/2013

What's Mika's marital status at this point?

Her husband is not wearing his ring.

by Anonymousreply 1010/10/2013

Many of us down here love Wendy but she probably won't win. TX is still firmly red and a bunch of hicks worried about their guns being taken away.

by Anonymousreply 1110/10/2013

Look out, Mika....

by Anonymousreply 1210/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 1310/10/2013

Why that sneaky, little.....

by Anonymousreply 1410/10/2013

Mika's just as dumb as Scarborough. Heaven help us if they are together, and they decide to have a child.

by Anonymousreply 1510/10/2013

yeah r3, at least she escaped from him head undented.

by Anonymousreply 1610/10/2013

R15, Mika is 46. Probably won't have another child. It would also ruin her fake boobs.

by Anonymousreply 1710/10/2013

I was watching part of Morning Joe this morning, and it crossed my mind (for the 1000th time) that Mika and Joe seem like they are having sex.

That was before seeing this article posted by the OP.

I agree that there is sexual tension that one can cut with a knife.

by Anonymousreply 1810/10/2013

He's referenced Susan in the past year...why was he going out of his way to hide the divorce? And with two young kids at home, it's pretty significant that HE filed for divorce.

by Anonymousreply 1910/10/2013

I think Joe got tired of going back to Florida when his main MSNBC job is located in New York City and/or New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 2010/10/2013

"There have been rumors for years that Scarborough has a thing for his "Morning Joe" co-host Mika Brzezinski (who is married btw). And the sexual tension between the two is so apparent,"

Oh, hell no., Not since Tomlin and Travolta has two people shared the screen with less apparent sexual tension.

by Anonymousreply 2110/10/2013

[quote]Oh, hell no., Not since Tomlin and Travolta has two people shared the screen with less apparent sexual tension.

by Anonymousreply 2210/10/2013

You don't think he's keeping it quiet because it shows, once again, that the republicans keep yammering about family values but they screw up "sacred" marriage all the time.

Like all men, he wants to put his dick into whatever hole he wants to put it in whenever he wants to put it in there. Just another horny pig.

by Anonymousreply 2310/10/2013

A couple of years ago, I noticed how Mika and Joe leaned into each other on the air, and leaned toward each other - as if they had just arisen out of bed together in Manhattan that morning after a night of passionate sex.

Joe is attractive to women. He's looking a little chubby right now, but he normally is very good looking. And he is still physically appealing despite his politics. I wouldn't blame Mika for falling for him.

by Anonymousreply 2410/10/2013

Whores are usually attracted to other whores.

by Anonymousreply 2510/10/2013

Nice try, R26, but wrong. Just pointing out the usual hypocrisy of politicians who rant about the sacred institution of marriage but yet somehow can't keep it in their pants to protect their "sacred" vows.

by Anonymousreply 2710/10/2013

Oh, his wife and he lived in Connecticut, not Florida.

The divorce was kept very quiet as the legal separation papers were filed in September 2012, but news of the spilt was not made public until Thursday by TMZ.

Scarborough, 50,and his wife Susan Waren finalized the split in January of this year in Connecticut and a source told The Huffington Post that he is described as a ‘faithful, devoted and committed father and husband’ in the legal filings.

The family first moved north from Florida to the Upper West Side for his job at MSNBC, and then several years ago settled in Connecticut, where the paperwork was filed.

by Anonymousreply 2810/10/2013

I doubt he's fucking Mika. She's pretty traditional. Plus her father would kill her. He thinks Joe is an idiot. But I think he's crazy about her. In fact, that probably is part of the reason that his marriage ended.

Interestingly, they used to go a lot of places together and even appeared together on weekends, like on Meet the Press. Then, suddenly, that stopped. I wonder if something didn't happen between them and she decided not to go anymore. Or maybe it had to do with the divorce filing.

by Anonymousreply 2910/11/2013

Mika is too old. I'm sure he has a younger girlfriend without all the neurotic food issues.

by Anonymousreply 3010/11/2013

Mika and Joe do and did a lot of traveling together - and overnight traveling for various appearances.

It always seemed a bit too cozy and full of temptation.

I wouldn't want my spouse traveling with either one of them.

And those black and white artistic photos which are always shown at the beginning of the show and during commercial breaks - of Mika and Joe enjoying New York City together and looking very intimate. The photos of the two of them are gorgeous.

I think they are having sex.

I just now looked up photos of Mika's husband. He might be a great guy, but he is not much to look at. I think Joe is sexy.

I've been wondering for a couple of years what Mika's husband thinks of them working so closely together and traveling.

by Anonymousreply 3110/11/2013

This thread makes me want to vomit!

by Anonymousreply 3210/11/2013

Agree that Joe would go for a younger woman.

And agree that they display no sexual tension on air.

And to be fair, Joe has always been pro-gay marriage. He is an asshole, but homophobia isn't one of the reasons.

by Anonymousreply 3310/11/2013

at least his lips are thicker than joe's...

by Anonymousreply 3410/11/2013

Did this asshole not even mention his divorce once on air over the past year? Was he hoping to hide the whole thing?

by Anonymousreply 3510/11/2013

Joe Scarborough Divorce He Earns $99,000 A WEEK

MSNBC's "Morning Joe" host Joe Scarborough earns $99,038 PER WEEK from his show -- this according to divorce docs obtained by TMZ -- but the crazier part ... his soon-to-be ex-wife will only see a tiny fraction of it.

We broke the story ... the 50-year-old former Florida congressman quietly filed for divorce from his wife of 12 years Susan Waren back in September 2012. They have 2 minor kids (a 10-year-old and a 5-year-old).

But according to the divorce docs, Joe's pretty much making off like a bandit. For starters, the divorce docs state Joe will NOT be paying child support, and what his alimony amounts to is a morsel of his enormous salary.

According to the docs, Joe will fork over $30,000 per month for 5 years, then $25,000 per month for 2 years. Joe also gave her a lump sum of $150k, and he's paying the mortgage on their Connecticut home, and the kids' schooling.

Couple of interesting clauses in the divorce papers -- Susan "acknowledges" Joe was faithful, devoted, and committed." A sentence perhaps intended to quiet allegations Joe was cheating.

Also, if Joe and Susan are both in the Conn. home there are house rules: Neither can enter the others bedroom barring a kid related emergency, and after 7 PM they're banned from the other's side of the house.

Very "War of the Roses."

by Anonymousreply 3610/11/2013

Joe will never have anything because the ghost of Lori Klausutis will forever haunt him for the covered up crime of murder.

by Anonymousreply 3710/11/2013

Those house rules are a weird condition. It sounds like he plans to stay there when he's in Connecticut, like on weekends or maybe he returns in the evenings after work. It's weird that he didn't get his own place, but I bet he'd argue it was because of the kids.

The other thing that is weird is that he is paying her, but only until his son becomes 17. The daughter will be 12 when she either has to find a meal ticket or get a job, unless she has her own money. I wonder what that says about his feelings about his daughter. I know he's paying for her education and the mortgage, but his ex-wife won't have the 25 or 30K a month she had when the son was younger.

I think that Joe Scarborough is a lot weirder than he looks and now I'm beginning to really wonder about what happened to that aide.

by Anonymousreply 3910/11/2013

Maybe she was straying, not him. That "acknowledges" faithfulness on the part of Scarborough can be read in different ways.

by Anonymousreply 4010/11/2013

That's an odd settlement for a 12 year marriage that produced two children. Especially since it sounds like she had a political career in Florida and uprooted for his job.

That acknowledgement of his fine qualities as a spouse and father remind me of the letter Mel Gibson's wife wrote in support of her husband as they were negotiating their divorce settlement and he was in the midst of his troubles with is mistress.

by Anonymousreply 4110/11/2013

[quote]50-year-old former Florida congressman quietly filed for divorce

Joe, whispering: "Honey, Honey, wake up. Ssshhh! I hate your face and I'm divorcing you. Sssshhh!"

by Anonymousreply 4210/11/2013

He has a house on Nantucket too. Don't think that's significant but just thought I'd toss it into the mix.

by Anonymousreply 4310/11/2013

Maybe he found out the youngest kid isn't his. Guys don't divorce their wives without having a piece in the side.

by Anonymousreply 4410/11/2013

They are much more like an old married couple who have no erotic interest in each other than a hotbed of sexual tension. Seriously. They annoy the crap out of each other. And not in a way that appears to have any underlying erotic quality.

by Anonymousreply 4510/11/2013

Right, so put the daughter on welfare to punish her mother? Or does he think the kid isn't his? The whole thing stinks.

by Anonymousreply 4610/11/2013

If the DM is to be believed, the son is the younger one. Maybe the boy is expected to live with Joe when he turns 12.

by Anonymousreply 4710/11/2013

The DM also reports (from the NY Post)that Joe and Mika are in talks to host the Sunday Today show.

by Anonymousreply 4810/11/2013

There was also talk of Mika and Joe maybe taking over Meet the Press since David whatshisname does not have high enough ratings.

I really think Mika and Joe have had sex or are having sex despite what some of you think.

There is definitely sexual tension and sexual chemistry between the two of them despite some of you not seeing or feeling it.

by Anonymousreply 4910/11/2013

Many Republicans are damaged, and lack all impulse control, so they fight all the time. This makes for few happy marriages. Joe seems like a huge douchebag, and I imagine there's only so much of him any woman can take.

by Anonymousreply 5010/11/2013

He's stupid and his co-host is stupid, so they are a perfect couple. I only watched the show one morning but was obvious that she was as dumb as a fucking door post.

by Anonymousreply 5110/11/2013

His son has small dick face...

by Anonymousreply 5210/11/2013

I'm a left wing progressive Democrat and I disagree with any Republican politics which Joe Scarborough might have, but I do not find him to be a 'douchebag' at all.

by Anonymousreply 5310/11/2013

Well, I'm a left wing progressive Democratic voter, and I disagree with most Republican politics which Joe Scarborough has, yet, I do find him to be a total 'douche bag'.

by Anonymousreply 5410/11/2013

Yep, I'm another lefty voting for Scarborough's a douchebag.

He has moments of rational thought. Don't be fooled, it does nothing to mitigate his douchebaggery.

by Anonymousreply 5510/11/2013

Joe Scarborough is definitely not stupid as R51 portends.

On the contrary, he is quite smart and well-informed.

As an aside, he is also a law school graduate.

by Anonymousreply 5610/11/2013

I think he knows the current R brand is fucked, but is paid to pretend it's not.

by Anonymousreply 5710/11/2013

Yes, he is, R56, but if there was ever a Florida lawyer who fits the mold of the character in Body Heat, it's Joe.

by Anonymousreply 5810/11/2013

Joe Scarborough murdered a woman in his office, and he got away with it for no apparent reason. I guess a divorce is a better way to break things off.

by Anonymousreply 5910/11/2013

I should throw hot lemon water in all of your fucking faces!

by Anonymousreply 6010/11/2013

I wonder if that is why Joe is only on the show about 40% of the time. He is usually only on in studio one or two days a week and then maybe another day by sat from Florida.

by Anonymousreply 6110/12/2013

I thought he was commuting to Florida to see his kids and wife, but now I find out that his wife, now ex-wife, live in Connecticut and formerly on the West Side of NYC after moving from Florida.

So what is he doing in Florida these days?

I think maybe he is preparing to run for public office some time relatively soon.

(he may have relatives in Florida, but for certain, he has a lot political contacts there since he was formerly in the U.S. House of Representatives as a rep from Florida)

by Anonymousreply 6210/12/2013

R46, his wife will have a ton of money in her bank account to take care of the daughter when the daughter is 12 and over.

You're assuming the wife will spend all of the $1.8 million plus the $600,000 and have a zero bank account when the daughter if 12 and over.

The wife will have plenty with which to take care of the daughter.

I feel sorry for Joe having to pay $30,000 per month and $25,000 per month. That is way more than is needed to take care of the children and wife. And his wife should get a job and pay her own way in life.

by Anonymousreply 6310/12/2013

I went to high school with Susan (in Greenville, SC). She was a really sweet, unassuming girl. She was extremely quiet and, therefore, not very popular. She is the last person you'd expect to: a. go into politics; b. marry someone like Joe. She really changed a lot in college; she became far more outgoing than could be imagined.

On another note, she had a really creepy older brother Alan who had double pupils in both eyes; in one eye, it looked like a venn diagram and in the other, it looked like two pennies stacked on top of each other but slightly off by a few degrees. That wasn't what made him weird. He was stalkery with any girl who was nice to him. I have a friend who wrote a really kind, personal thing in his yearbook, because everyone else just signed their name, and he started sending her letters 2-3 times a week for about a year.

by Anonymousreply 6410/12/2013

Joe's son looks JUST like him.

Re: the intern that died, from what I recall Joe wasn't even in the same state when it happened.

by Anonymousreply 6510/12/2013

You don't need to be physically present at the murder of an intern. Things can "happen."

by Anonymousreply 6610/12/2013

I don't believe for an instant that there is or was anything serious between Joe and Mika -- it would jeopardize the show. However, the illusion that there could be something going on is the whole point of the TV partnership. Otherwise, why would dumb-dumb Mika have the job? It's the on screen chemistry, that's it. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 6710/12/2013

[quote]I feel sorry for Joe having to pay $30,000 per month and $25,000 per month. That is way more than is needed to take care of the children and wife. And his wife should get a job and pay her own way in life.

You seem to think she hasn't been doing that.

by Anonymousreply 6810/12/2013

[quote] but his ex-wife won't have the 25 or 30K a month she had when the son was younger.

There's nothing stopping her from saving that huge sum of money for when she has to get off the gravy train. If she's too much of an idiot to figure out how save anything on 25k a month, she deserves to suffer.

by Anonymousreply 6910/12/2013

Fascinating, R64. There is really little out there about her. What kind of parents did she have? Were they professional or more blue collar? Were they pretty conservative?

by Anonymousreply 7010/18/2013

it's a quiet thing

by Anonymousreply 7110/18/2013

R64, Susan's parents were white collar but definitely acted blue collar (clearly from those roots). It's not a disparagement, but they were just good ol' people. Her family went to a really fundie church, but Susan got away from that when she was older. I guess she went from fundie heavy to fundie lite. I know that her creepy brother went to Bob Jones University for a year or two (dropout), but Susan went to school elsewhere (I'm thinking some small college in SC, but I just can't remember). Susan left SC for Washington as soon as she graduated. She didn't want to hurt her parents, but she didn't agree with that heavy-duty fundamentalism.

What I do remember about her is that she was extremely kind. Even though that world hated gays, she didn't; when I came out as gay in college, I was shunned by many, but not by her.

Susan blossomed from a quiet person in high school to a really outgoing person later on, but she had a gentle temperament. I didn't see her again after she married Joe (different lives, different states), but I always thought he couldn't be that bad if he was married to a sweetheart like Susan.

by Anonymousreply 7210/19/2013

Thanks for sharing r72 etc. I don't know a thing about Scarbourough and his life or care, but its nice to hear first hand that a wealthy celeb/trophy wife is actually genuinely kind or nice, and get some first hand background.

So many of them are greedy royal cun*s, that's all you ever hear and read about.

by Anonymousreply 7310/19/2013

Who cares, Joe is a southern red neck trying to play Cosmo. He will never fight for anything or anybody. He look half oriental to me. He is about making $$$$

by Anonymousreply 7402/09/2015

Loathsome fellow.

Never watch him.

Panhandle Floridians, from whence he came, are scummy.

by Anonymousreply 7502/09/2015

he's only 50? he's a old 50 that's for sure! he has the visage and manner of someone in his 60's easily.. (not that that's bad thing, i'm just saying!)....

by Anonymousreply 7602/09/2015

R5 I went to Catholic kindergarten, Catholic primary school, Catholic high school in Rome and Catholic University in Milan and the main thing you learn is that it's all bullshits.

He does have a pervy priest face though, I'd do him.

by Anonymousreply 7702/09/2015

Scarborough is Southern Baptist, that conservative evangelical religion that picks and chooses which passages of the Bible they wish to adhere.

A sect heavily populated with pharisees.

by Anonymousreply 7802/09/2015

R74 You bumped an old thread to add THAT?

by Anonymousreply 8002/09/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!