Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Kanye Ranting on Jimmy Kimmel Last Night

Video for anybody who missed it.

by Anonymousreply 9010/21/2013

He thinks he is a genius and that it is unbelievable that Kim hasn't received a Hollywood star on the WOF? Get the fuck out of here. Go curl up and die, you delusional piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 110/10/2013

And Jimmy Kimmel is a pussy, too, for indulging this cretin and keeping his tail between his legs.

by Anonymousreply 210/10/2013

This guy just needs to crawl in a corner and shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 310/10/2013

If they won't let you in the club, make your own club.

by Anonymousreply 410/10/2013

I bet the Kardashian brand regrets its association with him. I bet the story they spin when they unload him is that he is too detached from the baby and a bad father.

by Anonymousreply 510/10/2013

[quote]I bet the Kardashian brand regrets its association with him.

Are you nutz? He was on a national TV show talking about them. Now it's all over the news. The Kardashians only live for the attention, they have no actual means of support. They even love the meth head basketball player scandal.

by Anonymousreply 710/10/2013

I understand his points. But he's terrible at getting his point across.

by Anonymousreply 810/10/2013

R2 I think Kimmel knew if he just sat there and let Kanye talk, he'd win the argument.

Kanye could have handled the interview better for sure. He was trying to call Kimmel out on being two-faced saying basically that Kimmel was nice to him at weddings and other social gatherings but would then do a 180 and make fun of him on his show. Kimmel never addressed that and Kanye could have forced the issue, but instead, he went into a monologue on his passions for XYZ.

We get it: You're passionate about fashion, etc. but it's only a one hour show and that hour could have been spent making Kimmel squirm.

by Anonymousreply 910/10/2013

I with (R6). Not one false moment.

by Anonymousreply 1110/10/2013

I too agreed with a lot of what he said. When he started talking about how he couldn't get into fashion I was waiting for him to cry racism and thought to myself "Is it racism or is it that they want to compartmentalize him as a rapper?" and I think that's what it is.

He could have said more with less by saying 1) "Jimmy, I've seen you at events and you seem like a nice guy so imagine my surprise when I"m getting made fun of on your show". 2) "I have other passions beyond music and sometimes they get the best of me and I can't contain it".

He didn't have to go on and on with all the label dropping, etc

by Anonymousreply 1210/10/2013

[quote]"Is it racism or is it that they want to compartmentalize him as a rapper?" and I think that's what it is.

Or maybe he has no talent for fashion.

by Anonymousreply 1310/10/2013

He makes sense and is smart, but he acts like he is the only creative person having waves of inspiration.

Think of all the designers, writers and other artists who are creative genuinely original art right now without getting caught up in being so impressed with themselves.

How much credit and recognition does he feel he deserves? Where's the humility and gratitude?

by Anonymousreply 1410/10/2013

Based on what Kim wears lately, I'd have to agree R13

by Anonymousreply 1510/10/2013

[quote] it's only a one hour show and that hour could have been spent making Kimmel squirm.

Whether or not you think he's funny, Jimmy Kimmel is a professional comedian. Kanye could never make him squirm.

by Anonymousreply 1610/10/2013

Wow, I had no idea he was so swish.

by Anonymousreply 1710/10/2013

When will this disgusting reality TV family disappear?

by Anonymousreply 1810/10/2013

I think she's tremendous! She *is* gay, right? I laughed out loud when she talked about being so bad and being from Chicago. Does she mean Boystown? Love her. She's such a big old queen.

by Anonymousreply 1910/10/2013

Wow. I DVR'd this and finally got around to watching it last night. The only other time I've seen him say anything was when he interrupted ghastly Taylor Swift.

1. Gay gay gay. GAY. Kanye West is gayer than Gay Gayerson on Gay Day in a conga line wearing Miss Kors. In what world populated by total fucking morons did this gay boy ever pass for straight?

2. Surprisingly inarticulate for a guy who's a famous wordsmith. Seriously - is he any good at rap? The words - they do not flow easily off his tongue.

3. What is all this "fashion" bullshit? He's no Tim Gunn. Hell, he's not even Andre.

4. With the endless, juvenile rambling, Kanye handed the win to Kimmel. And I don't like Jimmy Kimmel at all.

I know he was famous pre-Kardashian bearding but I have no idea why or how anyone has ever taken this man seriously.

by Anonymousreply 2010/16/2013

How did they get an aquarium on stage for him to frolic in?

by Anonymousreply 2210/16/2013

He makes sense but he's overly passionate. He needs to get smooth, take some advice and shut his mouth till he KNOWS what he's doing. He is right about a lot of things but he's too honest and he needs to set back, watch and learn.

by Anonymousreply 2310/19/2013

His words did not flow because he's human, he was nervous and he was desperate to get his thoughts out.

by Anonymousreply 2410/19/2013

Kanye West has been in the public eye for too long to use nerves as an excuse.

If he doesn't improve his delivery, people will always roll their eyes at him. Simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 2510/19/2013

Quite clearly, he's overly impressed with himself and feels he doesn't get the respect or recognition he "rightly" deserves. I think a lot of this crazy manic talk and behavior is rooted in drugs and alcohol. He is just making a joke of himself.

by Anonymousreply 2610/19/2013

I thought he did make sense most of the time.

I agree that he pings.

by Anonymousreply 2710/19/2013

He's great. I agree that he's amazingly creative and I love how he's let himself follow it down the rabbit hole into apparent borderline insanity. Did his craziness (& gayness) start to bubble up after his mother died? That's how I remember it but I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 2810/19/2013

I saw the repeat of the Jimmy Kimmel show last night starring Kanye for almost the whole hour.

Kanye seems extremely superficial and shallow, and his values are superficial and shallow.

He talked about spending $1400 as a young teenager to buy his first pair of Gucci slippers.

He seems to think big name fashion labels are crucially important in life. He kept focusing on big name fashion labels in his non-stop rant on the Kimmel show.

I do have to commend him for attending an opera performance in Los Angeles this past week with Kim - the photos were on radaronline.com.

He seems rather lost though.

by Anonymousreply 2910/19/2013

One just needs to look at photos of the new house Kanye and Kim are building (rehabbing acutually) for themselves in Los Angeles.

The house is a study in excessiveness, grandiosity, wasted money, gaudiness, and lame values.

by Anonymousreply 3010/19/2013

Yes, he was overly interested in labels and fashion, it did make me wonder, would he rather just be a designer and does he have any talent for design? I think he would be awful to work for...until he gains some maturity?

by Anonymousreply 3210/19/2013

[quote] Kanye seems extremely superficial and shallow, and his values are superficial and shallow.

That's very much part of the bedrock of mainstream hiphop culture. It's all dropping brand names and bragging about how great you are as indicated by the wealth and women you've got and how ruthless you were to get to this point.

I think the values are something of a reflection of the ghetto poverty of its origin - people on the outside with nothing trying to get in and then grab what they've perceived as markers of high status and success.

by Anonymousreply 3310/19/2013

[quote] I do have to commend him for attending an opera performance in Los Angeles this past week

How patronising.

by Anonymousreply 3410/19/2013

Yes R31 of course we all live in the narrow minded kkk white supremacist world that you live in so naturally white only supports white and black only supports black. Segregation Now, Segregation Forever. It is the only way.

by Anonymousreply 3510/19/2013

R34, a sign that he is not completely lost, although so many other things he does make him appear lost.

it's patronizing with a z not an s

And commending him on going to an opera performance is not patronizing

by Anonymousreply 3610/19/2013

I believe his mother kept him grounded (or controlled). He took her death very hard and much of his acting out publicly began after the death.

He is gayer than springtime. What on earth else besides the perfect beard does Kim K bring to the table for him?

Isn't he involved with designer Riccardo Tisci...who designed that sofa slipcover cum dress for Kim?

In a recent interview with Vogue Homme, Tisci is asked to reveal his "best" sexual experience. The fashion mogul goes on to dish:

"I have several but the one I think immediately is an experience I had with a man who is known. I never imagined that something could happen between us and it's still the "hottest weekend of my life.

Nobody really knows if this guy is straight or gay, it is a mystery. However, I was attracted to him, his way of speaking, thinking, walking, dressing. I love what he does as an artist.

This weekend both, this intimate moment has only reinforced my attraction to him."

by Anonymousreply 3710/19/2013

Kim Kardashian's instagram showing her in a white swim suit highlighting her enormously huge grotesquely deformed butt to the world (plus the entire side of her breast) was gross a couple of days ago.

by Anonymousreply 3810/19/2013

What exactly has Kanye 'created' that is so special?

by Anonymousreply 3910/19/2013

Kanye's last woman was that stripper Amber something, another huge butt. Just why does Miss West need to parade around slutty big assed hos? What is he trying to prove?

by Anonymousreply 4010/19/2013

[quote]I think the values are something of a reflection of the ghetto poverty of its origin - people on the outside with nothing trying to get in and then grab what they've perceived as markers of high status and success.

His mother was a college professor. He grew up upper middle class.

by Anonymousreply 4110/19/2013

Get real, R35. How many white people do you think really like Kanye West? That his music and whatever particular "talents" he has appeals to white people? Please. He and that Kardashian whore are together because of their fame and their $$$, too. Like attracts like.

I don't know a white person who didn't LOVE TRUE TALENT like Lena Horne, Ella Fitzgerald, Paul Robeson, Louis Armstrong, Sidney Poitier, Harry Belafonte, Sammy Davis, Jr., Marvin Gaye, the Supremes, Diahann Carroll, Josephine Baker, Ethel Waters, Dorothy Dandridge, the Nicholas Brothers and many many more. This goon is a sadass modern day legacy for those wonderful black entertainers who paved the way for his arrogant ass to boast about his "genius." He couldn't even SPELL half of those people's names, let alone match their talents. My point is, the default go-to "fans" of this guy are more likely going to be black people and that IS because of a color line. A white person will call someone out on their lack of talent, regardless of race. And will support and like an entertainer with true talent regardless of race. They have nothing to lose and nothing to gain. Black people are not as much like that. They are more protective because of their history. They support their own, so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 4210/19/2013

Wtf are you nuts talking about? I'm white & I love Kanye & have since Late Registration. He's a creative talent regardless of how he matches up against conventional entertainers of the past. Times have changed. Artists reflect on & give voice to the feelings and ideas of their times.

One way to look at it - Kanye is working on an art project that documents the results of adding a person who behaves like him to today's crass, media-saturated American pop culture. And he also makes great albums.

R40, he is accessorizing (brilliantly, I think).

by Anonymousreply 4310/19/2013

Can we just admit that Kim is a well paid whore and that was always her goal?

It doesn't bother me except most people don't make a TV show out of that kind of goal.

Is there a picture of the baby?

by Anonymousreply 4410/19/2013

r42, you need Jesus or some anger management therapy. Kanye might be off his meds, or needs some, but you're hateful.

by Anonymousreply 4510/19/2013

Dorothy Dandridge wasn't that talented. Pretty, yes.

by Anonymousreply 4610/19/2013

R47 and I wish you would go take a flying fuck. But don't enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 4810/19/2013

And R47, the fact that you would presume I was old or confused because I knew some of the rich history of black entertainment, some names of performers who existed before 2000, tells me a lot about YOUR limited brain cells, too. How embarrassing for you.

by Anonymousreply 5010/19/2013

Hey, Kanye..

by Anonymousreply 5110/19/2013

R10 and some of the others do not seem to have the sense to recognize their own special pleading.

West was inappropriate, as he almost always is. This was not an issue to take up in the way he did, and just offered yet another example of his self-absorbed, brain-damaged, creepy grandstanding.

The posters here noting how he made sense do not themselves have a grasp of context or strategy. They just want to slobber down their shirts over an absolute turd of a human being and a boring shitbag of an entertainer for reasons connected to their own issues.

by Anonymousreply 5210/19/2013

r42 the people you named were singers and dancers. That's what they were known for and where their primary skills were. West's talent is most recognized as a music producer and that's where his primary skills are.

He may not suit your personal taste but he is a good music producer. I don't know that his abilities justify his claims to immense greatness, but exteme boastfulness is a big, accepted element of the musical genre he belongs to.

by Anonymousreply 5310/19/2013

The psychoanalysing of some people on this thread is beyond nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 5410/19/2013

All I can take from this is that rather than developing a business plan, creative interests, and actually working on his own fashion line he wanted to hitch his star to lines and fashion houses that are 100+ years in the making? What delusion. He could easily go the route of the Olsen twins who've worked hard to be respected in the fashion world and execute his own vision but he's too insecure. So rather than, you know, try he's blaming his lack of initiative on classicism in the fashion world. Nice.

by Anonymousreply 5510/19/2013

Well, it takes work and organization to establish and maintain your own fashion line. His rambling, emotionally charged speaking style does not convince me that he is the most organized guy or a good fit to conducting business presentations. His friend and collaborator Jay Z has his own clothing line, rocawear, and P Diddy has the more upscale and extensive clothing line Sean John, so rappers and rap producers are not excluded from the fashion business.

Maybe Kanye doesn't have good ideas either. The clothing idea he kept bringing up in the BBC interview that started all this was leather jogging pants, which he insists was his idea first and are now really popular. Has anyone seen evidence of such a thing being popular? Jogging pants are one of the last things I'd want in leather since you can't put leather in a washing machine.

by Anonymousreply 5610/19/2013

LSA claims that he's sunk too much money (c. 30million) into his fashion endeavours already, without any significant return, which is why he's desperate to hitch his name to an established brand.

by Anonymousreply 5710/19/2013

The College Dropout

was voted as the best album of the year by Rolling Stone and in The Village Voice's Pazz & Jop critics poll. Spin ranked it number one on its list of 40 Best Albums of the Year. In 2005, Pitchfork Media named it #50 in their best albums of 2000–2004. In 2006, the album was named by Time as one of the 100 best albums of all time. In its retrospective 2007 issue, XXL awarded it a perfect "XXL" rating, which had previously been given to only sixteen other albums. In its July 4, 2008 issue, Entertainment Weekly listed College Dropout as the fourth best album of the past 25 years. The magazine later listed it as the best album of the decade. Newsweek placed The College Dropout among its Best Albums of the Decade list at number 3. Rhapsody named it the seventh best album of the decade and the fourth best hip hop album of the decade. Rolling Stone ranked it number 10 on its list of the 100 Best Albums of the Decade. In 2012 Complex named the album one of the classic albums of the last decade, and the 20th best hip hop debut album ever. The same year Rolling Stone ranked The College Dropout number 298 on its list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time and 19th on their list of debut records

Late Registration

topped numerous music critic polls and was called the best album of the year by numerous publications, including USA Today, Spin, and Time. Rolling Stone awarded the second effort the highest position on their end of the year record list and hailed it as a "sweepingly generous, absurdly virtuosic hip-hop classic." In the 2005 Village Voice Pazz & Jop poll of 795 pop critics, Late Registration finished at number one by a wide margin over any of the other album nominees. This was the second year in a row that West topped the nationwide critic poll, a feat that had occurred only one other time over twenty years ago by The Clash. PopMatters listed Late Registration as the eighteenth best album of the year.Late Registration was nominated for best International Album at the 2006 BRIT Awards. At the end of the 2000s decade, Rolling Stone ranked the album number 40 on its list of the 100 Best Albums of the Decade.[79] Additionally, Rolling Stone named the album number 118 on its revised 500 Greatest Albums of All Time list in 2012. Rolling Stone placed the album at number five on its list of their Top 50 Albums of 2007."

Graduation

was listed at number nine on the Billboard Critics' Poll. Time listed Graduation as the tenth best album of the year. A year-end poll conducted by Entertainment Weekly cited Graduation as the best album of 2007. It was also hailed as the best album of the year by USA Today, which wrote, "The Louis Vuitton Don may major in rap, but he liberally borrows from other music schools to create a much broader soundscape." The album was listed as the fourth and eighteenth best record of the year by Spin magazine and Pitchfork Media respectively. PopMatters also listed Graduation as the fourth best album of the year." Graduation was listed at number thirty-five by The Observer on its best fifty albums of the year. The Daily Telegraph ranked it number fifteen on its list of "Pop CDs of the Year," writing, "Kanye West finally grew up on this album, delivering more inventive, precision-tooled hip-hop but wearing a much more furrowed brow as he explored his existential anxieties. Dark and addictive." Pitchfork Media placed Graduation at number 87 on their list of top 200 albums of the 2000s. Graduation was cited as the second best album of the entire decade by Complex magazine.

by Anonymousreply 5810/20/2013

808s & Heartbreak

The album was named one of the ten best albums of 2008 by a number of publications, including The Hartford Courant (number seven), NOW (number four), The Observer (number eight), Vibe (no order) and Time (number six). Pitchfork Media named 808s & Heartbreak the twenty-first best album of 2008. Dan Leroy of LA Weekly cited it as one of the top ten hip hop albums of the year.[80] Jam! named it the top album of 2008. Chicago Sun-Times writer Jim DeRogatis included the album on his list of the year's ten best albums.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

received rave reviews from music critics.[139] At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the album received an average score of 94, which indicates "universal acclaim", based on 45 review. Many critics and publications named it the best album of the year, including Billboard, Time, Slant Magazine, Pitchfork Media,[155] Rolling Stone, and Spin. Metacritic, which collates reviews of music albums, named it the best-reviewed album of 2010. In 2012, Rolling Stone ranked the album number 353 on its list of the 500 greatest albums of all time, and Complex included it in their list of "25 Rap Albums From the Past Decade That Deserve Classic Status". Entertainment Weekly named it 8th best album of all time on their 2013 list.[163] In October 2013, Complex named it the best hip hop album of the last five years.

Yeezus

Upon its release, Yeezus received rave reviews from music critics. At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from critics, the album received an average score of 85, which indicates "universal acclaim", based on 45 reviews. Jim Farber of the New York Daily News, in an early review of the leaked edition of Yeezus, called the record "a chutzpah classic," elaborating that "the entire disc rethinks industrial rock of the early '90s for both a new era and genre. In October 2013, Complex named it the sixth best hip hop album of the last five years.

by Anonymousreply 5910/20/2013

R10 You should write the music critics at Rolling Stone, Entertainment Weekly, Village Voice, Complex Magazine, The New York Daily News and all of the others and let them know that they are merely suffering from personal issues that are causing them to "slobber" over a "turd of a human being".

R50 You should write all these people too and inform then that they only praised Kanye's work because they are black and he is black and they refuse to "call out their own".

by Anonymousreply 6010/20/2013

Unhinged Kanbot on the loose in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 6110/20/2013

The ONLY people that like Kanye & Jay Z ARE the elderly. Music has moved on.

Rihanna is barely hanging on for dear life & Beyonce is also barely hanging on. Thankfully all of them will be gone soon.

Kanye is nearing 40, and Jay-Z is 50 years old already.

by Anonymousreply 6210/20/2013

Ok...I've heard this douche's crappy music of course but until watching this interview I've never really heard him speak. I gotta ask is this creep gay because I swear to God if I had just heard him for the first time with no clue as to who he is I would have just assumed he was.

by Anonymousreply 6310/20/2013

I sincerely believe he is mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 6410/20/2013

How embarrassing for her.

by Anonymousreply 6510/20/2013

Kanye certainly pinged in that interview.

by Anonymousreply 6610/20/2013

Well where else, r61? This is a Kanye thread.

by Anonymousreply 6710/20/2013

for r44

by Anonymousreply 6810/20/2013

R61 Is that really the best that you can do? Is that really the best that you have to offer this conversation? I'm really going to need for you to do better.

by Anonymousreply 6910/20/2013

I can't believe people are saying he makes sense and/or good points. Like 99% of celebs and other public figures out there, he is the poster child of "empty vessels make more noise".

I had to close that video when he began ranting about the truth; arguments in such veins are classic hallmarks of poor education and illiteracy. Call me a snob; I'd much rather have a snob than the (massively uneducated) masses that Kanye refers to.

Oh there are grains of truth in there but unfortunately, his illiteracy and lack of a critical brain cloud anything of note.

There is a reason he isn't getting the acclaim he feels he deserves from the fashion world and it has nothing to do with his race or class, but everything to do with his lack of originality. This man, like most rappers out there, plagiarizes, appropriates and borrows whenever possible.

There is literally nothing successful he has done that is 100% on his own steam.

And yes, he comes across as a 16 year old gay boy.

by Anonymousreply 7010/20/2013

That voice.

by Anonymousreply 7110/20/2013

[quote There is a reason he isn't getting the acclaim he feels he deserves from the fashion world . . . This man, like most rappers out there, plagiarizes, appropriates and borrows whenever possible.

You have just perfectly described the fashion industry. By that measure, he should be a smashing success.

by Anonymousreply 7210/20/2013

Please, all public art builds on itself. Art is a conversation along artists and, if any good, non-artists. Sampling, quoting, "borrowing" and so on is part of it. It's not just that you're hearing a riff you recognize, it's that you're hearing it in a new context that, if successful, will make you take a new look at it.

by Anonymousreply 7310/20/2013

R72, R73: Are you at all familiar with Kanye's work?

Judging by your posts, not at all.

His work (like most of rap - incidentally, it's why rap is so looked down upon) is basically copy+paste. Kanye West is not a creator, he is a product. It doesn't help his cause that he has a giant (unwarranted) ego, and is generally all-around unpleasant.

by Anonymousreply 7410/20/2013

[quote]One way to look at it - Kanye is working on an art project that documents the results of adding a person who behaves like him to today's crass, media-saturated American pop culture. And he also makes great albums.

This sounds like some Lady Gaga bullshit. "Art project", oh please, it's just a way to make unsuccessful public stunt to look legit.

I'm not denying Kanye's talent in the music, but I've never liked his narcissism that comes through from everything he does. Yes in rap making yourself sound bigger is a norm but Kanye comes out differently than your normal rappers. I know it's easy to throw around terms like narcissist but I seriously started to wonder that about him when his mother died, and possibly even earlier, can't remember that well.

I don't care if he's gay, but if he is I wish he stays in the closet because he's a major embarrassement.

by Anonymousreply 7510/20/2013

"PS, copy + paste is the essence of modern communication. It's what you copy and where you paste it that makes the point."

I pity you.

by Anonymousreply 7710/20/2013

Nobody's gonna be talking about Kanye 20 years from now and oldies radio will never play any of his shit. He's just a product that's past it's pull date.

by Anonymousreply 7910/20/2013

"Like 99% of celebs and other public figures out there, he is the poster child of "empty vessels make more noise"."

As are most of the people who post here at datalounge including you R70.

by Anonymousreply 8010/20/2013

He has some good points but like many of us, he's overly emotional and passionate. People won't listen to him because of that. I'm filled with rage, so I can't make since when I try to express my anger.

He tried but he should listen to cooler heads and just shut up.

by Anonymousreply 8110/20/2013

He doesn't need to shut up. But he could, ya know, write an article. Lots of publications would line up to print/post it.

by Anonymousreply 8210/20/2013

Kanye is selling confederate flags & Native American things at his concerts

MTO calls him racist

by Anonymousreply 8310/20/2013

The TRUTH eventually wins out. Douchenozzles earn their place in history (entertainment or otherwise) eventually and accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 8410/20/2013

Would those of you defending Kanye please help the rest of us understand his 'good points'? A little context: He was a design intern for a few years and thought he could start his own fashion venture. I have no idea if he formally studied design but the Donda West collection he presented at Paris Fashion Week would indicate a big fat NO. Uninspired, with fit issues galore. So now, if R57's gossip is true - and I suspect it is - he thinks he can hit up Francois Pinualt for funding with a limited portfolio. Again, where are the good points?

by Anonymousreply 8510/20/2013

Kanye and Kim are fucking pig pieces of trash and anyone who likes them or supports them or gives them money should be shot on spot. They're the worst representatives of pop culture. Fuck these goddamn rich snobs. I hope they both die violently.

by Anonymousreply 8610/20/2013

TO ALL MY SECOND STRING BITCHES

TRYING GET A BABY

TRYING GET A BABY

How come Kanye goes on that jellis rant about Jay-Z, did Hov fuck and dump him or what.

by Anonymousreply 8710/21/2013

No, R50 et al., the reason people assume you're old is because you lump all black entertainers into one category, and assume that Kanye's skin color somehow makes him the immediate sociocultural descendant of, say, Ethel Waters. The fact that you see all these black people who perform in a variety of media as black first, performers second, is a tell-tale sign of old-fashioned thinking. So is the idea that all black people act a certain way and "support their own" that you blathered on about at R42.

It's the kind of casual racism I suspect a lot of us see in our own grandparents. That's why we assume you're some crabby 75-year-old complaining about that hippity hop music and bell bottomed slacks.

by Anonymousreply 8810/21/2013

r81 for a study of that incapacitating rage, check out Kanye's Yeezus. The whole album is about rage, he uses every auditory tool to evoke rage in the listener. You have to give it a few tries, it'll make you too enraged at first to enjoy it. Then it turns into something else.

It's a fascinating listen and a mindblower creatively. Kanye got his start mixing beats, he is brilliant at putting things together.

by Anonymousreply 8910/21/2013

R88, oh brother. Just shut up.

by Anonymousreply 9010/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.