Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Prince Harry set to marry Cressida Bonas, say friends

He is the Royal family’s greatest asset: a hugely likeable young man who charms his way around the world, winning hearts wherever he goes.

This weekend, Prince Harry was in Sydney, his first visit to Australia, where he received a rapturous reception with hordes of flag-waving, cheering people lining the city’s harbour, straining to catch a glimpse of the world’s most eligible bachelor.

It would seem that his charm has also borne fruit closer to home.

Cressida Bonas, his girlfriend, has finally overcome her fears about marrying into the Royal family and friends of the couple say that a wedding is very much on the cards.

“Cressie is going to marry Harry,” one of her friends told The Telegraph.

“Harry never stops talking about marriage and children, and she has now got used to the idea. The wedding is likely to take place next year.”

That the Prince, who turns 30 next year, wanted to settle down with Miss Bonas, 24, was no secret. Her free-spirited ways were said to have captured the heart of the man labelled “the party prince” and he was smitten as soon as he was introduced by his cousin, Princess Eugenie, in May 2012. But she felt too young to marry.

“Cressida has been in floods of tears,” one of her friends claimed. “Harry is coming on very strong, but she is all over the place. She thinks she is far too young to get married and is scared by all his talk of marriage and settling down.”

But the Prince persisted. When he was sent to serve in Afghanistan in November, the pair were in regular telephone contact throughout his four-month posting.

Upon his return, the romance blossomed, with nights at the cinema and time spent among friends. Last week they went to see a James Blunt concert; the following night it was the West End musical The Book of Mormon. The pair have the same sparkling sense of fun and relish a good party — Miss Bonas studied dance at Leeds University and graduated from the Trinity Laban Conservatoire earlier this year.

Her family, which has direct links to Edward VII, is bohemian and entertaining — something the Prince is said to like about them.

Her mother is Lady Mary-Gaye Curzon, 66, the Sixties “It girl” and daughter of the 6th Earl Howe. Her father is Lady Mary-Gaye’s third husband, the businessman Jeffrey Bonas.

One of her half-sisters, Pandora, is an accessories designer for Vivienne Westwood; her half-brother Jacobi Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe is a polo-playing man about town. Her half-sister Isabella, to whom she is very close, recently married Sir Richard Branson’s son Sam. Before going to Leeds, Miss Bonas spent a gap year working in a bar and restaurant in Australia.

by Anonymousreply 4310/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 110/09/2013

She's beautiful too, and I don't think she's related to him or his family.

I figured she'd be the one to marry him & was seriously hoping that that slag called Chelsy (who is a chav with money) would be out of his life forever.

by Anonymousreply 210/09/2013

[quote]Jacobi Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe

by Anonymousreply 310/09/2013

Prince Harry said that while he loves his family he still wishes he was going to be king, so while he would be sad if, say the Muslims bombed the royals, he'd be able to to an upside to it.

by Anonymousreply 410/09/2013

Is Harry the son people suspect was not sired by Phillip?

by Anonymousreply 510/09/2013

Prince Harry is painfully stupid, even by royal standards.

by Anonymousreply 610/09/2013

None of young royals were "sired" by their grandfather. You r5 are an idiot.

What I want to know is why this broad has a japanese name. I know Cressida is from the greek myths, but only the japanese use it. Remember the Toyota Cressida?

by Anonymousreply 710/09/2013

Has he fucked her yet?

I know those Mountbatten-Windsor guys are trained from birth to consider their spunk to be like plutonium.

by Anonymousreply 810/09/2013

Ewwww, sired by Phillip??!?!?

by Anonymousreply 910/09/2013

Why do the Japanese use it?!

Because "Cressida" doesn't have an "L" in it, silly!

by Anonymousreply 1010/09/2013

Pretty sure he's living with her r8 just like Wills & Kate were living together for years before they got married.

by Anonymousreply 1110/09/2013

That would be William, r6. Harry has got the brains.

by Anonymousreply 1210/09/2013

Where the Christ are Harry's Vegas dick pics?!

by Anonymousreply 1310/09/2013

He could do better.

by Anonymousreply 1410/09/2013

Cres-SEE-dah is the way she pronounces her name.

by Anonymousreply 1510/09/2013

Only a stupid American like R12 would believe that "Harry got the brains". Harry's greatest asset, aside from dumb luck, is his BDF. He has the I.Q. of a cantaloupe.

by Anonymousreply 1610/09/2013

I am positively crushed.

by Anonymousreply 1710/10/2013

She's closely related to Diana through her mother and distantly to Charles as well. She's a Spencer-Churchill a few generations back.

by Anonymousreply 1910/10/2013

R19 thanks for sharing that inbred traditions continue in this disgusting family! gross.

by Anonymousreply 2010/10/2013

Her grandfather, the 5th Earl Howe was Winston Churchill's first cousin, and both were grandsons of a Duke of Marlborough.

Harry's marrying well (better than Will's actually) and all British.

by Anonymousreply 2110/10/2013

If Cressida Bonas married Nick Jonas she'd be Cressida Bonas Jonas.

by Anonymousreply 2310/10/2013

She's prettier than Kate, and since she's a fellow aristocrat, she'll probably be a pain in the ass once she gets a title. Diana 2.0!

by Anonymousreply 2410/10/2013

I think it's press hype. She's very independent and too bohemian to spend the rest of her life in a gilded cage. And she's too young.

I don't think it's going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 2510/10/2013

I highly doubt The Queen is ready to sign-off. And this upper class twit has all the potential to become another Diana disaster ready to happen.

I say forget it.

by Anonymousreply 2610/10/2013

How exactly is she related to Diana?

by Anonymousreply 2710/10/2013

[quote]How exactly is she related to Diana?

One branch of the Spencers inherited the Dukedom of Marlborough and changed their names to Spencer-Churchill which is Cressida's family.

Diana's branch continued on as the Earl of Spencer line.

by Anonymousreply 2810/10/2013

That doesn't answer the question.

How many generations back is their closest common ancestor?

Harry and his prospective bride are cousins of some sort, but what level and degree?

by Anonymousreply 2910/10/2013

r29, Why do you need to know that info

by Anonymousreply 3010/10/2013

Is Harry keen to get married before all his hair is gone? It's pretty thin already and it's not like his face is an oil painting. It must be a Windsor gene that causes attractive or even pretty boys to turn fug by the time they're in their early 30s.

by Anonymousreply 3210/10/2013

I like both William and Harry but I kind of wish that the British royals would find wives that had a more robust background of working for a living.

The Queen of the Netherlands (Maxima) was an econ grad and worked as a banker prior to her marriage; The queen of Belgium is a former speech therapist; The future queen of Spain was a former reporter; The future queen of Denmark worked in advertising and for Microsoft prior to marrying the crown prince; All of them worked full time prior to getting married.

Kate came from a middle class but wealthy family and has only dabbled at work. Her only adult job was a brief stint as an accessories buyer at a clothing company for a family friend. Apparently she had to be available to meet William's schedule and couldn't take a 9-5 job and her parents clearly didn't have a problem with buying her a nice apt in London and supporting her in a very comfortable life.

Harry's previous girlfriend, Chelsy Davy, graduated from law school within the last few years and is working at a London law firm I think. The word on her was that she did not want to be tied down to a life of a royal ribbon cutter.

Cressida Bonas seems pleasant but, like Kate, completely work shy. She is 24 and recently graduate of a school of professional dancing and doesn't seem to have had any substantial jobs.

Both Kate and Cressida seem pleasant but it's disappointing on some level that neither seems particularly work-oriented. Camilla is famously 'work shy' and her friends apparently openly tease her about it. The Queen has set the bar high as a hard working royal and she and Princess Anne are likely the last of the royal workhorses.

by Anonymousreply 3310/10/2013

What is so hot about Harry? He looks like inbred Eurotrash! He acts like it too. Don't I remember him wearing a uniform with swastikas on it? Wow, what a catch he is!

by Anonymousreply 3410/10/2013

I believe they are fifth cousins once-removed.

by Anonymousreply 3510/10/2013

[quote]I like both William and Harry but I kind of wish that the British royals would find wives that had a more robust background of working for a living.

Since neither William nor Harry (or any of the royal family really) have ever held down 9-5 jobs, there would be no way they'd meet any 'normal' working people.

by Anonymousreply 3610/10/2013

Working girls would never want to marry into the royal family and live a life of tedium. You become a servant of the country.

by Anonymousreply 3710/10/2013

Cressida is a character who appears in many Medieval and Renaissance retellings of the story of the Trojan War. She is a Trojan woman, the daughter of Calchas a priestly defector to the Greeks. She falls in love with Troilus the youngest son of King Priam, and pledges everlasting love, but when she is sent to the Greeks as part of a hostage exchange, she forms a liaison with the Greek warrior Diomedes.

by Anonymousreply 3810/10/2013

Meet Cressida's family. Lots of pictures, including Jacobi.

by Anonymousreply 3910/10/2013

He turned out to be quite a hot ginger.

by Anonymousreply 4010/10/2013

A name from Shakespeare and Chaucer: nice touch horny ginger boy!

I guess he's done whoring around or, like Pops and Grandpops, he's planning on keeping on whoring around after he's married Shakespeare Princess.

by Anonymousreply 4110/10/2013

Jacobi is dreamy. Is he the gay?

by Anonymousreply 4210/12/2013

Only in Britain would she be considered beautiful. She is fair looking, not hideous, but that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 4310/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!