End of thread.

by Anonymousreply 110/09/2013

O

B

E

S

E

by Anonymousreply 210/09/2013

really didn't he get the Carnie Wilson stomach in a dumpster operation? How is he still fat?

by Anonymousreply 310/09/2013

Each time a candidate has shown that they really want to bulldoze through Warshinton- shake things up- the public goes gaga for them.

Of course they always self-destruct.

I think Christie is the compulsive-everything. A loose cannon. People would regret his bullying his way around the planet.

It's like marrying the guy with tattoos, motorcycles and ISSUES vs. the stable/boring guy with the good job.

by Anonymousreply 410/09/2013

He can't get the Republican nomination.

by Anonymousreply 510/09/2013

r5 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 610/09/2013

If he runs as a democrat, then yes.

by Anonymousreply 710/09/2013

He can't get the Democratic nomination either.

by Anonymousreply 810/09/2013

Can Christie beat Hillary?

I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 910/09/2013

Switching parties can be a great path to success.

by Anonymousreply 1010/09/2013

He can't switch parties and he can't win his own party's nomination. So no, OP, Christie cannot and will not win the presidency.

He should spare himself the aggravation and have a box of doughnuts but he won't. Once a man catches Presidential Fever it's like malaria - always in his system and it flares up at the oddest times.

by Anonymousreply 1110/09/2013

People keep saying that Christie is too fat to be president, are obviously people who haven't been outside among Americans. Also Christie has this sort of every guy thing that makes people like him. However, he would never win the nomination. To the rank and file republicans who run these things, Christie is a RINO.

by Anonymousreply 1310/09/2013

He might win as a third party alternative.

by Anonymousreply 1410/09/2013

He is trailing Hillary Clinton by 9 points in the Pew poll released last week.

by Anonymousreply 1510/09/2013

I can appreciate the concern and can see his appeal out there considering the current dysfunction in Washington. But I strongly doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 1610/09/2013

No. He's a mean guy underneath. You get glimpses during long interviews. Under the stress of a presidential campaign, he'd blow up eventually, turning off voters.

by Anonymousreply 1710/09/2013

HORRIBLE temper

by Anonymousreply 1810/09/2013

Christie is the nastiest, trashiest, dumbest Guido around. Total white trash. The shit that comes out of his mouth, screaming at reporters is legendary. He's a fat fuck bully. He shouldn't even be governor. NJ should hang its head in shame.

by Anonymousreply 1910/09/2013

YES!

by Anonymousreply 2010/09/2013

He said today he doesn't think gay marriage is a civil right. He will never get the gay vote and lots of family members are insulted too.

by Anonymousreply 2110/09/2013

The Republican brand is demolished for the next few election cycles. Coupled with the fact that people don't like to vote for candidates who are fat with severe anger problems, one can safely assume Miss Christie wouldn't stand a chance.

by Anonymousreply 2210/09/2013

I love th chunky fit-fats and yet I'd never touch him with a ten-foot pole

by Anonymousreply 2310/09/2013

[quote]He might win as a third party alternative.

DREAM ON.

by Anonymousreply 2410/09/2013

America will not vote for a man of his pissy nature. Period. He's a bitter, angry fat man, and the electorate (such as it is) demands a personality that reflects some semblance of a positive demeanor.

by Anonymousreply 2510/09/2013

The fact that he's a favorite for the nomination now means that he won't get it. How often do candidates who are A. not incumbents or, B.prior candidates for nomination, actually get the nomination? Sometimes it happens with Republicans and former candidates (Dole ran in 1988, got the nomination in 1996; McCain ran in 2000, got it in 2008; Romney ran in 2008, got it in 2012). GWB (circa 2000) is the only Republican who basically waltzed to the nomination of his party. Before that you'd have to go back to Nixon in 1968. Even Reagan faced a challenge initially in 1980.

I think Scott Walker is more likely as a Republican nominee. He's seen as the man who defeated the unions and turned progressive Wisconsin into a Tea Party paradise. I think he's the ideal man for the Republicans for those reasons, and also for the fact that he is a governor. No stench of D.C. gridlock on him, and Republicans love themselves some governors.

by Anonymousreply 2610/09/2013

Assuming he could win the GOP nomination, which he can't, he could never hold it together through the campaign and debates without FLIPPING THE FUCK OUT.

No.

by Anonymousreply 2710/09/2013

We agree R26! Everyone wants the sensible seemimg Midwest guy!

by Anonymousreply 2810/09/2013

It would be like the Giudices or the Manzos of NJ running the country if he was elected POTUS.

I'm sorry, but Italian-Americans are not ready for prime time.

by Anonymousreply 2910/09/2013

He may be able to win the Presidency but he sure can't win the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 3010/09/2013

No. Too Jerzy for middle America. His brand of take no prisioners politics only works in the Northeastern states. Plus, the morbid obesity signals lots of potential health problems. Despite the lap band surgery, he really hasn't lost much weight.

by Anonymousreply 3110/09/2013

I think if he directed his anger towards D.C. and its dysfunction, then he might get somewhere. If he runs as a governor from outside the D.C. beltway (weight jokes in 3...2...1...) he could win, I think. His anger could appeal to people if he frames it in the right way. After all, this is a party with a Congressman who yelled "you lie!" at the President and who suffered no consequences for such a breach of decorum. I don't know why people regard Christie's anger as a liability.

by Anonymousreply 3210/09/2013

It shows poor character, self-esteem and self-control if you let yourself get that morbidly obese. I would never want somebody like that in the WH.

by Anonymousreply 3310/09/2013

Horrible, odious man.

by Anonymousreply 3410/09/2013

To those saying he won't get the nomination, he is regularly polling in the top three slots, usually somewhere on top, between, or underneath Cruz and Paul. Right-wingers are nuts, but they understand that Christie is their chance of winning the White House for their party.

Plus, all the other crazies that will run will all split the evangelical-Tea Party vote and the more moderate, sane ones will vote for Christie. It can be done.

I of course hope it doesn't as he is the only one that stands a chance of winning the White House if he gets the nod against the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 3510/09/2013

People like that fat man must have heavy duty, reinforced toilets, lest they blow them out.

by Anonymousreply 3610/09/2013

To win he has to run.

And the only thing Chris Christie can run for is Krispy Kreme.

by Anonymousreply 3710/09/2013

I can't even understand how the NJ assholes will vote for him for governor a second time. WTF has he done to make NJ better for the average person or the poor?

by Anonymousreply 3810/09/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3910/09/2013

I loved how Chris Christie kissed Obama's ass, and as soon as he got everything that he wanted, he started distancing himself from him. The insults will start any day now.

by Anonymousreply 4010/09/2013

Has he lost any weight since his bypass?

by Anonymousreply 4110/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 4210/09/2013

Christie was one of those protesting when the "Jersey Shore" was first about to air on MTV saying the show perpetuated sterotypes and harmed Italians and the state of New Jersey.

And now that we've gotten to know this blowhard douchebag Christie, he's no better than the guys on the Jersey Shore. In fact, the difference is that the MTV guys were harmless. Christie is politically dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 4310/09/2013

He's a gay-hating asshole but even that won't win him one repuke state primary/caucus in the south nor the west.

by Anonymousreply 4410/09/2013

It's amazing that this fat conservative fuck worships Bruce Springsteen - one of the most liberal men on the face of the earth.

by Anonymousreply 4610/09/2013

Anything can happen.

by Anonymousreply 4710/09/2013

I remember seeing an old "The Lucy Show" episode where she a Viv mad a replica of the White House made from sugar cubes. I think that's why he's interested in running.

by Anonymousreply 4810/10/2013

I hate Christie, but he could get the nomination for the reasons R35 states. His in your face style may actually appeal to reality tv America.

by Anonymousreply 4910/10/2013

[quote]I remember seeing an old "The Lucy Show" episode where she a Viv mad a replica of the White House made from sugar cubes. I think that's why he's interested in running.

"The Lucy Show".

by Anonymousreply 5010/10/2013

If by some miracle Christie gets the nomination they will saddle him with a Palin or Ryan.

Plus he is not going to play well in the South.

by Anonymousreply 5110/10/2013

r51 you think the South is going to vote D then? Bwahahahaha. Yeah right.

by Anonymousreply 5310/10/2013

R53 amusingly thinks "voting Dem" is the only other option.

by Anonymousreply 5410/10/2013

Yeah r54 like the South is going to vote GREEN or even for Libertarians in large numbers. Bwahahaha. Yeah right.

by Anonymousreply 5510/10/2013

Yeah right like they have to vote at all.

Bwahahahahah

by Anonymousreply 5610/10/2013

I think it was during the Summer of 2012 when someone called him a name one night along the New Jersey boardwalk while he was eating an ice-cream cone and he screamed after the guy and tried to chase after him.

I believe we had a thread on it at the time and that it was posted on TMZ and YouTube.

He may have a certain frankness that makes him appealing as a Governor, but you can't act like that if you want to be a National or International figure.

by Anonymousreply 5710/10/2013

I agree, r57. I've never seen a politician take the heat SO quickly. If he can't control himself now, just wait 'til he has to play with the Big Kids.

by Anonymousreply 5810/10/2013

Just as long as it isn't Scott Fucking Walker. He is ruining Wisconsin.

by Anonymousreply 5910/10/2013

What the Hell do polls have to do with anything? Michelle Bachmann was in the lead in the polls at one time.

by Anonymousreply 6010/10/2013

Bachmann led in the Republican primary polls, but I don't think she ever led nationally for President.

by Anonymousreply 6110/10/2013

No, but he could get his own reality series.

by Anonymousreply 6210/10/2013

He's a dangerous nasty person. All these people who can't see behind his bluster and his personality, are really missing the point. His policy decisions have harmed New Jersey. He might get a pass because of Hurricane Sandy, but he doesn't deserve to be re-elected governor of New Jersey.

He'll tack even further to the Right if he runs for President. Too much exposure will not benefit him. The idea of Chris Christie is more attractive in the rest of America, than the reality is. And he's not that damned attractive to begin with.

Outside of the East Coast, he's a curiosity more than anything. But he is not benign, he is evil. Look at his record. He was fortunate to run in an "off year" when mostly crazies and the Tea Party voted, and Dems stayed home.

As an aside, you do know we have only ourselves to blame for all this mess. 2010 was a very important election. It put all the lunatics in place that are stomping around today, and permitted them to participate in making the Legislative Redistricting decisions that gerrymandered us into this Hell on earth.

by Anonymousreply 6310/10/2013

R63's last paragraph is bang on.

by Anonymousreply 6410/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 6510/10/2013

He's a two faced Republican. He wants smaller government but the second Sandy hit, he fell to the floor and cried like an eight year old girl that the government had to come to the rescue.

by Anonymousreply 6610/10/2013

He's an overweight politician from New Jersey.

I think there's a better chance that he'll be dead or indicted by 2016.

by Anonymousreply 6710/10/2013

"GWB (circa 2000) is the only Republican who basically waltzed to the nomination of his party."

That's because George W. Bush was DRAFTED. He did not want to run, let alone be elected. But the Republican establishment liked him (Bush name, good campaigner) and MADE him run. He was funded and protected during the primaries and had a team of "hit men" that made it happen.

It can happen again.

by Anonymousreply 6810/10/2013

No, because the Republicans have had enough of 'RINOs' after McCain and Romney and will nominate a Tea Party favourite like Paul or Cruz who lead the latest PPP national poll. To them Christie is just Hillary-lite, ie a Rockefeller Republican type, so they may as well pick one of their own and of genuinely conservative brand. Hillary will this win by the biggest Democratic landslide since LBJ beat Goldwater!

by Anonymousreply 6910/10/2013

He doesn't wipe properly.

by Anonymousreply 7010/10/2013

What has Christie actually done that makes him a "moderate"? He took federal money to help his state from Hurricane Sandy? That's not moderate - it was self-serving. He'd have been through in NJ if he has turned that money down.

I also done understand how Jeb Bush is now being called a "moderate" while we're on this topic.

The closest thing to a moderate left in the Republican party might be Susan Collins, and I don't think the party is considering her for president this century.

by Anonymousreply 7110/10/2013

No way.....we could never have his really ugly wife as first lady. And they would have to expand the White House to accomodate his fat ass. Repulsive. Can't understand why the pundits love him and give him a pass when he is nasty and bitchy to people, but excoriate others who do the same.

by Anonymousreply 7210/10/2013

71 It is all relative but in GOP terms the 'moderate' candidates for 2016 are Christie and Jeb Bush, the 'conservative', Tea Party candidates Paul and Cruz, with Ryan and Rubio in-between

by Anonymousreply 7310/10/2013

From the first ladies' thread, keep your eye on the candidates spouses. Since Eleanor Roosevelt, America has always chosen the right one, even Laura Bush over Tipper and Teresa.

by Anonymousreply 7410/10/2013

Ditto what r65 said.

by Anonymousreply 7510/10/2013

r74 where is the First Ladies thread?

by Anonymousreply 7610/10/2013

Here, R76

by Anonymousreply 7710/10/2013

Looks matter, even unconsciously and he is so far from Presidential he won't even get the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 7810/10/2013

How would you like to be his wife washing all of his tent-sized underwear? That poor woman.

by Anonymousreply 7910/10/2013

Some of his personal stains required pounding on a rock.

by Anonymousreply 8010/11/2013

Mrs. Christie and her sister.

by Anonymousreply 8110/11/2013

The first sentence in the post from R22 is the best answer.

R7 also has it correct: Chris Christie is in the wrong party. New Jersey is a base state for the Democratic party. A Republican would have to win by around ten points nationally in order to get it. The GOP hasn't won a presidential election by more than 2.46% - the national margin for George W. Bush in 2004 - since George H. W. Bush won by a margin of 7.73% in 1988. That was when Bush Sr. was the last Republican to carry the populous states like California, New York, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 8210/11/2013

He has ALOT of skeletons in the closet from the George Bush era that he has been able to run away from so far. He probably expects he can deny it all in his "forthright" manner so that it won't become an issue. But any opponent with a bit of a nasty streak could do him in pretty easily.

by Anonymousreply 8310/11/2013

The Times published a not-too friendly article about him.

He's still going to win because people are dummies. I do think it'll be interesting (but scary, as I am NJ state employee) to see what he does after the election. With the growing schism in the GOP, how far too the right can he go and still hope to win?

by Anonymousreply 8410/11/2013

Were he nominated, he would not carry New Jersey with the Republicans' mandatory anti-abortion, racist, homophobic rhetoric.

by Anonymousreply 8510/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.