Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Cillian Murphy: Matt Damon is my model

Cillian Murphy "admires" Matt Damon.

The Irish actor keeps a low profile when it comes to his personal life. Having made a name for himself in hit films such as 28 Days Later and Inception Cillian is happy to be famous for his work rather than social activities.

"For me, it's just about the work. If you behave like a celebrity, you'll be treated like one," he told British magazine InStyle. "I admire people like Matt Damon - he just continues to do brilliant work and that's it. That's the model I'd like to follow."

Cillian has worked alongside the likes of Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro and Christian Bale. The 37-year-old actor still pinches himself sometimes when coming face to face with such iconic stars but ensures he puts on a calm front as to not make them feel uncomfortable.

"Until I was 20, I was in a band and wanted to be a musician, so I can be an excited fan around rock stars," he laughed. "But with other actors, you have to be professional and work with them. I've been in movies with Robert De Niro and felt a bit star-struck, but he was charming and encouraging so we got through the day."

One of Cillian's best features is his pale blue eyes. Fans around the world have dedicated blogs online to his piercing peepers and he finds it amusing how people are so interested in them.

"Wow. I haven't seen the blogs," he confessed. "It's not something I have any control over! I guess I can thank my parents. It never hurt Paul Newman or Steve McQueen right?"

by Anonymousreply 2311/10/2013

This is weird and I'm saying this as a fan. First Benedict Cumberbatch proclaimed his admiration for Matt Damon a few months ago; now Cillian. LOL, go Matt, get those men crushing on ya!

by Anonymousreply 111/02/2013

Cillian Murphy starred in the film version of "The Walking Dead", before it was adapted to TV

He declined to reprise his role in the TV version, Guess he didn't want to be trapped in a long-term contract.

by Anonymousreply 211/02/2013

How are Matt and Cillian similar? They look very different and have very different careers and styles.

by Anonymousreply 311/02/2013

I want Matt Damon to model thongs.

by Anonymousreply 411/02/2013

respect his privacy, he is not honey boo boo

by Anonymousreply 511/02/2013

I used to visit one of those forums dedicated to his blue eyes. It was about eight years ago and he was saying the same thing about maintaining privacy and not acting like a celebrity. To his credit, he seems to have maintained it.

by Anonymousreply 611/02/2013

So why didn't Cillian Murphy want to do the TV version of Walking Dead?

by Anonymousreply 711/02/2013

because TV is a step down

by Anonymousreply 811/02/2013

What similarities do Cillian and Matt have?

by Anonymousreply 911/02/2013

The only similarities I notice with both Cillian and Matt is they're married non-showbiz women, they have kids, they have pretty blue eyes and cute butts.

Sorry, that's all I got, lol.

by Anonymousreply 1011/03/2013

R10, Cillian has a flat butt.

by Anonymousreply 1111/03/2013

And may be bi on the DL, r10.

by Anonymousreply 1211/03/2013

I remember him from Layer Cake. He plays crazy very well, plus he's got the "look" for it.

by Anonymousreply 1311/03/2013

he's not gay?????

by Anonymousreply 1411/03/2013

He's married with two kids R14.

by Anonymousreply 1511/03/2013

Cillian is cute in a creepy way.

by Anonymousreply 1611/10/2013

"Cillian Murphy: Matt Damon is my model"

I would have moved heaven and earth to make him my model.

by Anonymousreply 1711/10/2013

"Cillian is cute in a creepy way."

He's beautiful in a creepy way.

by Anonymousreply 1811/10/2013

28 Days Later is nothing to do with The Walking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 1911/10/2013

He's too beautiful to be a man.

by Anonymousreply 2011/10/2013

Roger that. Closet it is. The Irish curse.

by Anonymousreply 2111/10/2013

"He's too beautiful to be a man."

Cillian or Matt?

by Anonymousreply 2211/10/2013

Cillian, Silly!

by Anonymousreply 2311/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.