Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Stars who have defiled the aging process

Who else is aging very badly, especially the younger ones?

by Anonymousreply 6410/23/2013

This wretched creature,John cusack

by Anonymousreply 110/08/2013

How does one "defile" the aging process? bad plastic surgery?

by Anonymousreply 210/08/2013

Lindsay Lohan

by Anonymousreply 310/08/2013

TBBT's John Galecki is banging on a troll wall with his face.

by Anonymousreply 410/08/2013

Mickey Rourke

by Anonymousreply 610/08/2013

Sean Penn

by Anonymousreply 710/08/2013

Tara Reid

Julia Ormond

Chelsea Handler

by Anonymousreply 810/08/2013

Kris Klein

by Anonymousreply 910/08/2013

What's left of me.

by Anonymousreply 1010/08/2013

Val Kilmer has domiciled the aging process.

by Anonymousreply 1110/08/2013

Julia Ormond looks good!

by Anonymousreply 1210/08/2013

Dakota Fanning.

Bitch could play my mother.

by Anonymousreply 1310/08/2013

I predict that by the time she's in her fifties, Lady Gaga will start looking like an aged starlet clinging desperately to her lost youth and turning into a modern day version of Mae West in her dotage.

by Anonymousreply 1410/08/2013

Micheal Fassbender owns this thread. I can't believe he's in his 30s.

by Anonymousreply 1510/08/2013

R14 You'll be eaten by the worms when Gaga is 50

by Anonymousreply 1610/08/2013

If so, no doubt 30 years later she will be eaten by worms.

by Anonymousreply 1710/08/2013

Beulah Bondi

by Anonymousreply 1810/08/2013

Lohan, Catherine Zeta, Madonna etc

by Anonymousreply 1910/08/2013

Reese Witherspoon

by Anonymousreply 2010/08/2013

Joan Van Ark looks like one of the zombies on The Walking Dead

by Anonymousreply 2110/08/2013

Nic Cage

by Anonymousreply 2210/08/2013

Britney Spears already has age spots on her neck and chest. Ease up on the tanning, girl.

by Anonymousreply 2310/08/2013

Britney and Miley both have gobbler necks that will age them terribly by 40.

by Anonymousreply 2410/08/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2510/09/2013

Madonna? Most people would like to look so good at her age. Yes, some of her style choices are bad, like trying to make herself look too young. But one can't deny that she has taken care of her looks (which have always been her greatest asset).

by Anonymousreply 2610/09/2013

[quote]But one can't deny that she has taken care of her looks (which have always been her greatest asset).

Getting plastic surgery and Botox qualifies as taking care of her looks?

by Anonymousreply 2710/09/2013

Her looks were NEVER her greatest asset, R26.

by Anonymousreply 2810/09/2013

I thought reinventing herself was always Madonna's greatest asset. Her looks, meh.

by Anonymousreply 2910/09/2013

Her hands!!! My God, look at her hands!!!

by Anonymousreply 3010/09/2013

Yes, plastic surgery and botox qualify as taking care of your looks. Dermatologists and plastic surgeons work on any celebrity who looks good past 40. Nowadays even younger stars have treatments to improve their looks. Don't a lot of gay men do the same?

by Anonymousreply 3110/09/2013

Robert Redford looks just one step better than Mickey Rourke. Or Kenny Rogers. Pathetic. They should have all called Jane Fonda before going to plastic people.

by Anonymousreply 3210/09/2013

He's not exactly a star, except in his own odious TV commercials, but the owner of Papa John's Pizza - yuck! - will soon give that Wildenstein woman some real competition.

Still, it's justice, in a small way. Whatever he's doing, he's making himself as hideous on the outside as he is on the inside.

by Anonymousreply 3310/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 3410/17/2013

Botox collects in the brain stem. Some may look a bit younger for about six months and stonefaced but they will get more and more mentally unstable in the years to come.

by Anonymousreply 3510/17/2013

R35 - where did you get that bullshit from? How does anything "collect" in the brain stem.

by Anonymousreply 3610/17/2013

Botox May Move From Face to Brain, Study in Rats Says By Elizabeth Lopatto - April 1, 2008 17:34 EDT

April 1 (Bloomberg) -- Botulinum neurotoxin type A, sold as Allergan Inc.'s Botox remedy for wrinkles, can move from its injection site to the brain, a study shows.

Scientists injected rats' whisker muscles with botulism toxin. Tests of the rodents' brain tissue found that botulism had been transported to the brain stems, the researchers said in the Journal of Neuroscience published April 2.

Botox is Allergan's biggest product, with $1.21 billion in sales last year. The drug, approved in 1989, became fashionable among aging celebrities seeking to smooth facial wrinkles and is used to treat some neurological disorders. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is investigating whether patients contracted botulism, a muscle-weakening illness, from Botox and Myobloc, a product from Solstice Neurosciences Inc.

``The idea that there could be some transmission of this to the central nervous system needs to be followed up,' said Mathew Avram, the director of Massachusetts General Hospital's Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetic Center, in Boston, in a telephone interview today. ``But this treatment has been used on millions of people for years, and we're not seeing major central nervous system uses with it.'

Botulism neurotoxin can disrupt nerve cells' ability to communicate and may change spinal cord circuitry, the authors wrote in the study.

Rodents, Not Humans

Mouse and rat physiology is different from that of humans, so the results may not predict what happens in people, Avram said. He wasn't involved in the study.

The study isn't conclusive, and because it contradicts previous findings, more work is necessary, according to an Allergan spokeswoman. The company is based in Irvine, California.

``The authors used a laboratory preparation of botulinum toxin and did not use Botox, and data suggest that different preparations of botulinum toxin react differently in both the laboratory and in clinical practice,' said the spokeswoman, Caroline Van Hove, in an e-mailed statement.

Myobloc is botulinum neurotoxin type B, a different type of botulinum than studied, said Edgar Salazar-Grueso, chief medical officer of Solstice Neurosciences, in a telephone interview today.

``We are aware from monkey studies already published that toxin A migrates more than B,' Salazar said. ``Monkeys are more like humans than rodents, so these findings we're observing are consistent.'

FDA Evaluation

Scientists injected botulism toxin into one side of the hippocampus in each rodent brain, and into their superior colliculus, a visual center. From one side of the hippocampus, the toxin migrated to the opposite. From the visual center, the drug went to the animals' eyes.

The effects of the injection into the hippocampus were still present six months later, the scientists wrote.

The FDA is evaluating reports of breathing difficulties and death after use of Botox and Myobloc, according to a posting in February on the agency's Web site. Many of the most serious cases involved children who received the injections to treat arm and leg spasms associated with cerebral palsy, a use not approved by the FDA.

Prescribing literature for Botox and Myobloc now carries warnings about the risk of breathing and swallowing difficulties in patients with neuromuscular disorders. The FDA said the new data suggest that life-threatening side effects may occur in patients with other conditions, including children with cerebral palsy.

Large Doses

Higher doses of Botox are injected to treat limb spasms in children with cerebral palsy in about 60 countries. Some U.S. doctors use it for this purpose, though Allergan doesn't market it in the U.S. for the unapproved use. A typical cosmetic dose is about 10 times less than a dose for cerebral palsy, Avram said.

``The FDA was investigating Botox in situations where large amounts were used,' Avram said. ``Those tend to be very young children with massive doses. I don't know that this study relates to that

by Anonymousreply 3710/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 3810/17/2013

Johnathan Rhys-Meyers? You must be kidding. He was hot as he'll in Mortal Instruments, which I saw a month ago. Maybe the most attractive I've ever seen him.

by Anonymousreply 3910/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 4010/17/2013

Meg Ryan. She was never a true beauty so I think a few wrinkles wouldn't have mattered, she was more of a spunky cute type. But now her face is to fucked up for her to be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 4110/17/2013

What a fright!

by Anonymousreply 4210/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 4310/18/2013

Mel Gibson, once stunningly beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 4410/18/2013

Robert Redford is downright scary looking.

Just saw that Crocodile Dundee is getting a divorce. His soon to be ex, Linda whatever, is unrecognizable.

by Anonymousreply 4510/18/2013

Does Lara Flynn Boyle have some form of dwarfism? She has such a huge head and little baby arms and hands.

by Anonymousreply 4610/18/2013

R43 I had not seen pics of Lara Flynn Boyle in awhile. She looks fucking awful. I have been watching her Twin Peaks co-star Madchen Amick on that new Lifetime witches show. Madchen is the same age and she has probably had some work done and some botox, but Madchen looks pretty damn good compared to LFB.

by Anonymousreply 4710/18/2013

OMG, I saw a photo of Laura Flynn Boyle out in Hollywood the other day and she was unrecognizable. Her face is all puffy and waxy like she's melting. She looked like that Wildenstein Cat woman. Horrible. How old is she and WTF did she do that to herself.

by Anonymousreply 4810/18/2013

R48, she is only 43 years old.

by Anonymousreply 4910/18/2013

Mel Gibson was once stunningly beautiful, I agree. But he is not a victim of bad surgery orattempts to "improve" his looks. He has aged. He looks bad vecause he's a drunk and a smoker. I guess you could say he defiled himself, but he did it without the assistance of bad surgery at a young age.

by Anonymousreply 5010/18/2013

This thread was begun by simply asking who is aging badly, with no mention of bad surgery at a young age.

by Anonymousreply 5110/19/2013

What the hell is Laura Flynn Boyle's problem?

by Anonymousreply 5210/19/2013

Cameron Diaz looks like a middle aged soccer mom now.

by Anonymousreply 5310/22/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 5410/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 5510/23/2013

Defiled INDEED

by Anonymousreply 5610/23/2013

Why does Sean Penn look like the lost Mario Brother.

by Anonymousreply 5710/23/2013

oops, needed a ?

by Anonymousreply 5810/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 5910/23/2013

I realize he's ill, but Roger Smith used to be gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 6010/23/2013

Lara Flynn Boyle is very thin but her face is puffy, it looks like she suffered a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 6110/23/2013

I don't think plastic surgery alone did that to Lara. She also had an eating disorder and possibly some other health issues. Poor dear.

Edward Furlong looks like an extra from 'The Walking Dead.'

by Anonymousreply 6210/23/2013

Misha Collins. He's not a bad looking guy, but he looks at least a decade past his 39 years.

by Anonymousreply 6310/23/2013

Misha Collins is only 39? I thought he was at least 45. He's a handsome man but looks older than 39.

by Anonymousreply 6410/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!