Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lady Gaga's New Album = Jeff Koons Lady Gaga Sculpture

Love it!

by Anonymousreply 4710/11/2013

"Lady Gaga unveiled the artwork to her upcoming album, "ARTPOP," on Monday morning by debuting the image on Clear Channel billboards."

Sums her up.

by Anonymousreply 110/07/2013

FABULOUS!

She's always on the leading edge of pop culture , that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 210/07/2013

Yep, r2!

by Anonymousreply 310/07/2013

I love that she compares herself to Koons piece in a song that she immediately sold for KIA commercial featuring dancing hamsters.

by Anonymousreply 410/07/2013

Are you trying to says she's copying GS? Come on, it's a freaking sculpture made by Jeff Koons. How many pop stars can claim they've done that? When it comes to Lady Gaga, the haters are always so quick to shout: COPY! UNORIGINAL! I guess people prefer their pop stars whoring like Miley or being cheesy and homophobic like Katy.

by Anonymousreply 510/07/2013

Gwen Stefani's = Michelle Pfeiffer in "Scarface" and Jill Greenberg's "End Times" with the crying babies. Jill even shot it.

madbots sure are dumb.

by Anonymousreply 610/07/2013

[quote]I love that she compares herself to Koons piece in a song that she immediately sold for KIA commercial featuring dancing hamsters.

And Koons made the sculpture for her.

by Anonymousreply 710/07/2013

[quote]Come on, it's a freaking sculpture made by Jeff Koons. How many pop stars can claim they've done that?

You tell me.

by Anonymousreply 810/07/2013

The problem isn't that it's unoriginal, r5, the problem is that it's tedious and boring and there's nothing cutting edge about it. What's particularly tedious is when her cult followers try and force the rest of us to find it so cutting edge.

But, even they can't say that her music's cutting edge. She's a musician, isn't she? That's what her supposed original contribution is. If she's so cutting edge, then why is her music such boring, safe, middle-of-the-road meh?

When she does some real cutting-edge music then we'll think she's truly creative. Until then, it's all just branding and marketing, gimmicks and attention grabbing.

by Anonymousreply 910/07/2013

R9 nailed it. I never got the hubbub over her music, which is basically generic gay club beats on the same level as Deborah Cox.

by Anonymousreply 1010/07/2013

R1 and R4 describe my biggest problem with Gaga. I don't mind the mediocre pop songs, but let's not pretend she's doing anything innovative. Lady Gaga is the GLEE of pop music. She's not an artist, she's a corporate shill and her gimmick is being an outsider.

by Anonymousreply 1110/07/2013

She's an adult High School Drama Kid. She goes to outrageous lengths to demand attention rather than letting it come to her naturally through innovation and talent.

When a person shows up somewhere wearing a meat dress, what else is there to talk about?

It's like when Reagan came downstairs and pissed on the rug. That's it. Piano party over.

by Anonymousreply 1210/07/2013

[quote]The problem isn't that it's unoriginal, [R5], the problem is that it's tedious and boring and there's nothing cutting edge about it.

Too bad for you that the public has gone nuts over it and loves it.

[quote]What's particularly tedious is when her cult followers try and force the rest of us to find it so cutting edge.

Yeah, okay, madbot, with your savior's Kabbalah crap that you jerk yourselves off to with that red string cutting off the circulation in your wrist.

by Anonymousreply 1310/07/2013

[quote]Lady Gaga is the GLEE of pop music.

Sure, gramps.

[quote]She's an adult High School Drama Kid. She goes to outrageous lengths to demand attention rather than letting it come to her naturally through innovation and talent.

Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 1410/07/2013

Who brought up Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 1510/07/2013

Taking bets on how old r14 is... my guess is 54 (but passes for 24).

by Anonymousreply 1610/07/2013

This woman is so ugly.

by Anonymousreply 1710/07/2013

Watch out, R17. You might get called a Madonna fan.

by Anonymousreply 1810/07/2013

Look, I'm not a huge Gaga fan, and when I first saw the cover i was unimpressed, until I heard that it was Koons sculpture, which, if nothing else, is clever. You HAVE to at least give her credit for not creating a typical glamour shot cover the way every other major pop star does.

by Anonymousreply 1910/07/2013

R9 how is anyone forcing her down your throat? Applause is not even a big if a hit as most expected. Ever since she's back in the lime light, she's been overshadowed by Katy and Miley, and yet people still love to hate her more. R8, I said how many pop stars, you failed to produce a list of more than 1 pop star.

by Anonymousreply 2010/07/2013

It's different so I appreciate it. I'm sick of poptart Perry and wannabe bad girl Cyrus.

by Anonymousreply 2110/07/2013

I'm not R9 but you must live under a rock. She's certainly shoved down people's throats. FWIW, there are songs I like by her. I thought the Fame and the Fame Monster were fun (if forgettable) pop albums.

The hoopla that followed whatever came after those two albums was just laughable. I don't know what's more pathetic: her Mother Monster of-the-decade saviour persona or the way the public and the gays lapped it up.

Her music ranges from passable to terrible (mostly terrible); her speaking voice is very unpleasant; her face is ugly (if you're going to gyrate like a stripper, don't look like an assclown); and she has no charisma beyond whatever is created by the smoke and mirrors of media.

by Anonymousreply 2210/07/2013

I also notice when people try to highlight Gaga's talents or when they want to justify liking her music, they always bring up Katy Perry, Rihanna, etc. Perhaps you guys should listen to a wider variety of music; the bar the modern music industry sets is pretty damn low so saying you prefer Gag's to that is no accolade, LOL!

by Anonymousreply 2310/07/2013

R16, I bet r14 is about 12 years old.

by Anonymousreply 2410/07/2013

Why does this one poster R6, R7, R13 and R14 keep bringing up Madonna.

No one has even mentioned that woman's name but this poster.

Why is s/he so obsessed????

by Anonymousreply 2510/07/2013

Nobody's mentioned the shattered "Birth of Venus" in the background? Fuck you all.

by Anonymousreply 2610/07/2013

And yet you felt compelled to bring her up again R25.

by Anonymousreply 2710/07/2013

[quote]The hoopla that followed whatever came after those two albums was just laughable. I don't know what's more pathetic: her Mother Monster of-the-decade saviour persona or the way the public and the gays lapped it up.

madbot, your British nipple's showing.

by Anonymousreply 2810/07/2013

[quote]I never got the hubbub over her music, which is basically generic gay club beats on the same level as Deborah Cox.

Some of you truly are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 2910/07/2013

I think it's dramatic, and pretty.

by Anonymousreply 3010/07/2013

I don't know her music at all, but I was impressed when I found out she used Hanna Liden for some photo-shoot in 2009. Only someone in tune with the art scene in NYC at the time would know about Liden, a very interesting young photographer/artist.

by Anonymousreply 3110/07/2013

R28 = Madonna troll. This is a new low for the Mad trolls. They're using a reverse strategy and making a Gaga thread all about Madonna. Truly alarming!

by Anonymousreply 3210/07/2013

looks vaguely familiar

by Anonymousreply 3310/07/2013

R32, well, the Gag's followers on this site haven't had much to actually say about Gaga and her own work. Other than, "wow, she's so cutting edge using somone like Jeff Koons" (there is a big question mark over how cutting edge Jeff Koons actually is) there isn't much to say about Gag's herself or her own musical output.

So, yes, let's discuss Gaga. I'm interested in what those who admire her work actually think about it, beyond the vague "she's so cutting edge!" and "she's number 1 everywhere!" ((there is a big question mark over that too).

What is it about Gaga that makes her a great artist in your opinion? What is it about her music that so excites you?

by Anonymousreply 3410/08/2013

Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna

by Anonymousreply 3510/08/2013

That wig reminds me of Nellie Olsen. Koons is the tackiest of tacky artist, just look at all the "art" he made with Ciccolina

by Anonymousreply 3610/08/2013

Appreciation of Art is subjective, R36 - surely you know that.

by Anonymousreply 3710/08/2013

No [R37], I think I speak for almost everyone but thanks for your input.

by Anonymousreply 3810/08/2013

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 3910/08/2013

Funny that she considers herself so avant garde, then goes for the most obvious, big bold name charlatan currently working in the art world.

by Anonymousreply 4010/08/2013

Well, look at that. Zeki Müren is a man, btw.

by Anonymousreply 4110/10/2013

The full official track list is...

1. Aura 2. Venus 3. G.U.Y. (Girl Under You) 4. Sexxx Dreams 5. Jewels N' Drugs featuring T.I., Too Short, and Twista 6. Manicure 7. Do What U Want featuring R. Kelly 8. Artpop 9. Swine 10. Donatella 11. Fashion! 12. Mary Jane Holland 13. Dope (Formerly I Wanna Be With You) 14. Gypsy 15. Applause

by Anonymousreply 4210/10/2013

The album cover contains the following:

Bernini’s Apollo and Daphne

Botticelli’s The Birth of Venus

Koons’ Gazing Ball

Koons & Gaga’s ARTPOP cover

by Anonymousreply 4310/10/2013

I used to like Jeff Koons - I wonder how much she paid him for it.

by Anonymousreply 4410/10/2013

Gaga is shiteous. Can we please be at 14:30 of her 15 minutes?

by Anonymousreply 4510/10/2013

Miley has stolen much of Gaga's thunder...lesson for Gaga-stop being so pretentious and try to be more fun.

by Anonymousreply 4610/10/2013

She just Facebooked:

'APPLAUSE' is now my 3rd biggest US radio hit after Bad Romance + Poker Face. PLATINUM now too! A lot happened while I was in the studio!

by Anonymousreply 4710/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.