Joan Collins: "Gays love me because I'm glamorous!"

"...And I had a gay son on TV. And they know I'm a nice person, haha."

LOVE that "haha."

by Anonymousreply 5710/25/2013

Hoping this is a better link.

by Anonymousreply 110/07/2013

I think you meant Cloris Leachman R1

by Anonymousreply 210/07/2013

I once went out with a girl who kept saying: "I'm the glamorous type! I'm the glamorous type!" I said: "So what?" And then she died.

by Anonymousreply 310/07/2013

She comes off like such a bristling bitch in the link, but with her customary charm, so she stays lovable for the gays.

by Anonymousreply 410/07/2013

I worked with Joan on a play in which she was touring in the late 1990s Yes, she is nice and very professional. Oh, there might be a bit of Alexis in her; she is afterall, Joan Colins. But I found her delightful, very cooperative with the media and very old-school Hollywood. She pretty much did what was asked of her. She was on time, looked like a million bucks, and she was friendly.

by Anonymousreply 510/07/2013

Well, at least she's not self-deluded.

by Anonymousreply 610/07/2013

She IS a bitch.

A friend worked with her in a film during the period when she was married to the Swedish guy. It was hysterical hearing my friend describe how Joan fawned over her hubby when it was obvious he was not interested in her.

Do we gays love her? I like the campy work she often does, but love her?

by Anonymousreply 710/07/2013

She's a bitch because she was fawning over the Swedish guy?

by Anonymousreply 810/07/2013

I feel like if they brought back Dynasty and had Joan star in it, they'd make a shit-ton of cash. It would have to be darker, "edgier," with a David Lynch/Blue Velvet vibe, etc., but I feel like she could still get lots of viewers. It can't just be a late night soap.

by Anonymousreply 910/07/2013

She's a pretty cool old broad.

by Anonymousreply 1010/07/2013

Years ago I knew someone who interned at ABC Daytime in college and worked security at Chanel in Beverly Hills to make extra money. He said Joan came in in sweats and sunglasses to rummage through the sales racks and was very funny and down-to-earth. OTOH, he said Oprah was -- surprise! -- stroppy and imperious.

by Anonymousreply 1110/07/2013

She has a good sense of humor. I met her with my friend at Chiller the NJ autograph show. He gave the DVD cover to "Empire Of the Ants" to signed. She looked at him and said "You liked this picture!?!" with a big laugh.

by Anonymousreply 1210/07/2013

Gays love her because, like them, she can take a strong wet shot to the face, swallow and keep on ticking.

by Anonymousreply 1310/07/2013

The Swedish guy was smoking hot. I forgot his name, but the divorce trial was covered in the media every day at the time.

by Anonymousreply 1410/07/2013

Joan's down to earth, approachable, and kindly to everyone she meets.

Quite the doll, she is.

by Anonymousreply 1510/07/2013

R8. Well, maybe at certain times she may have been a bitch, but the divorce publicity from the Swedish guy was awful. So maybe she wasn't feeling all that terrific at that time.

When I worked with her, it was just before she announced her engagement to her current husband; I believe it was 1999-2000. She was down to earth, funny and cooperative.

by Anonymousreply 1610/07/2013

R17 Yes, maybe that's it. I was told her marriage to the Swede was breaking down during the shooting of the film. Certainly my friend was of the opinion Joan was uppity and barked out orders like a drill sergeant. In fairness, she did produce the project.

Who knows? I'd like to think she's a good ole girl.

by Anonymousreply 1710/07/2013

The operative words here would be "was glamorous", she is now one of those old bags going through countless plastic surgeries to retain that frozen face look. Madonna is another old bag still on stage, wrinkles all swaying to her anemic dance routines and non existent voice.

by Anonymousreply 1810/07/2013

R19. No need to be mean. Everyone ages. And Joan came of age in the Hollywood system where image was hugely important.

by Anonymousreply 1910/07/2013

I think Collins is actually more a fan of the non-surgical facelift (i.e. tape on the sides of the face that pull the face taut).

by Anonymousreply 2010/07/2013

Gays don't like her. A wannabe hag is a desperate thing.

by Anonymousreply 2110/07/2013

I've worked with Joan Collins. She can be haughty at times, but it's not offensive-and it's Joan. She knows who she is. But Joan is also extremely down to earth and a good ol' broad. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with her. I even delayed my vacation for he touring show. It was all worth it.

by Anonymousreply 2210/07/2013

[quote]she is now one of those old bags going through countless plastic surgeries to retain that frozen face look.

Dude, I just met her this year. She looked great for a 79 year old woman. She wasn't frozen, she has lines and wrinkles were they're supposed to be. Everybody was impressed how good she looked. This is a shot of her from the show.

by Anonymousreply 2310/07/2013

I met her a few years ago, and she was really nice to me. Trust me, I'm a nobody, but she was very sweet and even gave me a little hug.

by Anonymousreply 2410/07/2013

I understand she was/is friends with Paul Newman/Joanne Woodward. That's kind of weird, but I guess that goes to show you she's not a big ol' bitch in real life.

by Anonymousreply 2510/07/2013

R19 I think you mean Cher and not Madonna, who is still young enough to be Joan Collins daughter

by Anonymousreply 2610/08/2013

Many years ago I read a bio (or her autobio. Can't remember). She came across as a really great and good person. Everything else I ever heard about her since, makes her seem like a really good and cool person.

I think playing the raging bitch characters has benefited her and she probably enjoyed it but it's different than her real life personality.

by Anonymousreply 2710/08/2013

many years ago I met her in Bloomingdale's in NY in the womens lingerie dept. as I was buying a wedding gift for a straight female friend of mine who was getting married. She actually asked for my opinion of a negligee she was buying. I went through the rack and pulled out a red one for her and told her that she would look drop dead gorgeous in it. She disappeared into the try on room for a few minutes and she then came out and showed me. It looked great and she bought it. I was glad to be of help to her and that experience made my day. I wound up buying my friend a similar item but couldn't find it in red. I really like Joan Collins as she showed to me what a real person she is and was even more flattered that she asked for my opinion. My queer eye for the straight woman never lets me down.

by Anonymousreply 2810/08/2013

R19 can't take a shit without mentioning Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 2910/08/2013

The drugs, the wigs and the lovers who bored me in bed: Joan Collins lets rip in a riotous interview as she releases her wickedly indiscreet memoirs

by Anonymousreply 3010/12/2013

Love her! She's a combo of hollywood glamour and British common sense. She's the first person to send herself up. Worked for a designer a few years ago who did costumes for a film she was in. ("Ozzie" Don't ask! I think it went straight to DVD. Have a feeling that she only did the film so she had something her grandkids could watch. I mean, is she going to put on "The Stud" for them?) She came in to be fitted and when she was being "Joan Collins" she was assertive, direct, very no nonsense with the clothes. Knew what she wanted when it came to length, necklines, colour etc. Once that was over she relaxed and was fun, chatty, very nice to all of us staff. Looked great! Yes, wigs, corset, and makeup but still a stunning beauty with a surprisingly beautiful, genuine smile. Another actress working on the film came in and told us later that Joan was the complete professional on the set, uncomplaining when it came to delays. When we asked for autographs she brought out a special pen from her handbag (like a sharpie I guess) to sign with. THe designer said later "Now, that is a star!"

by Anonymousreply 3110/12/2013

She's no Stephanie Beacham.

by Anonymousreply 3210/12/2013

R19, shut the fuck up!

by Anonymousreply 3310/12/2013

This gay does not "love" her one bit. For one thing, she hasn't done shit for gays. In fact, she was a big fan of Margaret Thatcher and even said that the left wing protesters at Thatcher's funeral were stupid. Why would anyone "love" someone who adored a homophobic politician? Also, she truly is a bitch who thinks she's better than everybody else.

by Anonymousreply 3410/12/2013

Didn't she rip Linda Evans apart in print? Not so nice to poor Krystal, dahling.

by Anonymousreply 3510/12/2013

She's fugly trash...

by Anonymousreply 3610/12/2013

I got 2 autographed copies of her beauty book at the Dollar Tree.

Beautiful photographs.

by Anonymousreply 3710/12/2013

She was on tour with Linda Evans several years ago in a play, and apparently it was a bad experience for her, due largely to Evans' lack of stage experience (and ettiquette). From her perspective it seemed like a legitimate gripe...I found myself siding with Joan. It's been posted here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 3810/13/2013

Judging from r24's photo I get the impression not all that much work has been done...there is a little bit of loose skin in the neck. And she doesn't have that mannequin look of someone who has had tons of surgery.

by Anonymousreply 3910/13/2013

BTW that Swede she was married to was Peter Holm.

by Anonymousreply 4010/13/2013

Her first-person account of the show with Evans is a must-read. I love this woman.

by Anonymousreply 4110/13/2013

She's gonna be interviewed in a few hours (7:30 UK time) on LBC radio and there will be video at lbc.co.uk

by Anonymousreply 4210/25/2013

Here's the link.

by Anonymousreply 4310/25/2013

Oh, and the interviewer is big (conservative) queen Iain Dale. Thank me later, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 4410/25/2013

I wonder if she can still take the dick?

by Anonymousreply 4510/25/2013

Thanks to The Simpsons, I thought about her just this morning when I saw a discarded mattress on the side of the highway.

by Anonymousreply 4610/25/2013

Is she actually a member of UKIP?

by Anonymousreply 4710/25/2013

Well, she's no Elaine Princi.

by Anonymousreply 4810/25/2013

What do we think of her son, Alexander "Sacha" Newley? Any dirt on him?

by Anonymousreply 4910/25/2013

Joan is from when stars were STARS. Not these pathetic sticks roaming around today with their fucking sex tapes and trying to out gross the boys.

Women would be wise to take a lesson from her playbook. She carried herself like a lady at all times.

by Anonymousreply 5010/25/2013

Presenting The Lady Joan Collins.

My hero, er, -ine.

by Anonymousreply 5110/25/2013

She wiped the floor with Abby Cunningham and Angela Channing.

by Anonymousreply 5210/25/2013

She does know we're laughing AT her, not with her, right?

by Anonymousreply 5310/25/2013

She was terrible on Guiding Light. Was her abrupt departure a mutual decision?

by Anonymousreply 5410/25/2013

Reading the interview, it is obvious she is she isn't being a bitch at all, even if she behaves that way elsewhere. She is present, listens carefully, is measured and funny, and continues to act just like Joan Collins always has. Nobody's fool except in love.

by Anonymousreply 5510/25/2013

Fifteen minutes until live Joan Collins interview, my pretties!

by Anonymousreply 5610/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.