Since 1995

Vanilla ice cream used to be my favorite, but now I like chocolate better

Weird, right?

by Anonymousreply 2410/08/2013

Once you go black...

by Anonymousreply 110/06/2013

you''re indeed weird

by Anonymousreply 210/06/2013

Yeah, eventually people see right through the imitation and just go straight for the chocolate ones, right M&M?

by Anonymousreply 310/06/2013

I never understand anyone in this day and age who prefers vanilla the most. It's so boring. Give me chocolate with something berry-ish any day!

by Anonymousreply 410/06/2013

"Vanilla ice cream used to be my favorite, but now I like chocolate better"

Baby North Kardashian-West has already found her way to Datalounge?

by Anonymousreply 510/06/2013

Vanilla ice cream is superior for the making of a milkshake - prior to adding ingredients for flavor: chocolate [syrup], fudge [topping], caramel [topping]. Also consider fruit flavors. So, you can't be effective using chocolate ice cream as the base.

by Anonymousreply 610/06/2013

Vanilla men used to be my favorite, but now I like chocolate better.

by Anonymousreply 710/06/2013

Real vanilla is delicious, but the fake flavors are boring.

by Anonymousreply 810/06/2013

Vanilla ice cream = Beaver anal gland.

by Anonymousreply 910/06/2013

OP, this is such a revealing look into the inner you. When are giving your exclusive to Meredith Vieira?

by Anonymousreply 1010/06/2013

r9 No dear, beaver anal gland is STRAWBERRY. Vanilla is fractionally-distillated wood pulp.

by Anonymousreply 1110/06/2013

Another well spent $18

by Anonymousreply 1210/06/2013

[quote]Your Vanilla Ice Cream May Actually Smell Like Beaver Butt

[quote]As any Cosmo reader will tell you, it’s a well-tested truth that men love the smell of vanilla. Turns out though, that men may not be falling for a scent that reminds them of childhood, but for something else entirely: Castoreum a.ka. a fragrant, brown slime that comes from a beaver’s castor sacs, which are located pretty much where you expect them to be located.

[quote]The chemical compound that beavers use to mark their territory has a musky, vanilla scent, which is why some perfume makers incorporate the component into their products and food scientists add the all-natural ingredient into recipes. As one can surmise, the vanilla aroma is not typical of the area, but is a product of the beaver’s unique diet of leaves and bark, said Joanne Crawford, a wildlife ecologist at Southern Illinois University, speaking to National Geographic.

[quote]Collecting castoreum can be a tricky endeavor though. A beaver’s castor sacs are located between the pelvis and the base of the tail. Because of its close proximity to the anal glands, castoreum is often a combination of castor gland secretions, anal gland secretions, and urine. “You can milk the anal glands so you can extract the fluid,” Crawford said. “You can squirt [castoreum] out. It’s pretty gross.” That may explain why castoreum is not an especially common source of vanilla flavoring. According to Fenaroli’s Handbook of Flavor Ingredients, published in 2005, total annual consumption of both castoreum extract and castoreum liquid was around 250 pounds, undoubtedly because the milking process is unpleasant for all parties involved.

[quote]The U.S. Food and Drug Administration lists castoreum as a “generally regarded as safe” additive, and manufacturers have been using it extensively in perfumes and foods for at least 80 years, according to National Geographic and a study in the International Journal of Toxicology. Because the FDA considers the ingredient safe, in some cases, manufacturers don’t have to list castoreum on the ingredient list and may instead refer to it simply as “natural flavoring.” Apparently “gross” is not something the FDA quantifies.

by Anonymousreply 1310/06/2013

Love euphemisms.

by Anonymousreply 1410/06/2013

"Your Vanilla Ice Cream May Actually Smell Like Beaver Butt"

Not in our household! It took a cleaver to clean Theodore's undies.

by Anonymousreply 1510/06/2013

I make homemade peppermint ice-cream with Callard & Bowser's Altoids.

BIG finish for a spicy curry meal.

by Anonymousreply 1610/06/2013

Wow, R16.

by Anonymousreply 1710/07/2013

I've also gone over to chocolate after a lifetime of Vanilla.

I blame Ben & Jerry.

by Anonymousreply 1810/07/2013

Forever, vanilla for me.

by Anonymousreply 1910/07/2013

I've gone back to the strawberry from my childhood. But now it reminds me of pink anuses I like to rim.

by Anonymousreply 2010/08/2013

How vivid, R20.

by Anonymousreply 2110/08/2013

Speaking of pink ... does anyone else remember HoJo's peppermint stick ice cream?

by Anonymousreply 2210/08/2013

Gays like da chocolate

by Anonymousreply 2310/08/2013

Green&Black's make good vanilla ice cream

by Anonymousreply 2410/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.