Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

There's a cafeteria in my new office, and it'll be the death of me

Just switched to a trendy new office building that has a cafeteria on the ground floor -- a high-end, fancy, DELICIOUS cafeteria with chef stations. There's a sushi station, dim sum carts, an Italian-style deli, a vast salad bar, a Hawaiian "surf shack," a taqueria station, and a small sitdown French bistro for client meals.

It's SO GOOD. It's impossible to resist. I always used to pack my own lunches but now I'm dropping a ten each day for lunch - delicious lunches too. I can run down to the cafe and grab amazing gyoza and spicy scallop rolls, tote it to my desk, and feel awesome for the rest of the afternoon. Unfortunately I have spent about $250 on this since it opened last month.

AHHHH. I'm trying to pack my lunch tonight for tomorrow but all i can think about is the Chinese food I could get at my workplace!

by Anonymousreply 1611/14/2013

It's okay. You can just take your brown bagged lunch home for dinner each night after you cave at 12.

by Anonymousreply 110/06/2013

I know how it is OP. I'm terrible at resisting the urge to by lunch. I'll bring mine most days and half the time end up buying lunch out anyway. Such a waste of money.

by Anonymousreply 210/06/2013

We switched vendors for our cafeteria last year -- more expensive and not as good. It kind of forced me to bring my lunch more, and I think I have lost a little weight because of it.

by Anonymousreply 310/06/2013

"high-end"?

Oh, [italic]honey.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 410/06/2013

OP, you sound fat.

by Anonymousreply 510/06/2013

Why do you take it back to your desk? What a loser.

by Anonymousreply 610/06/2013

"... tote it to my desk"

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 710/06/2013

Food program. No sugar, flour or wheat. Portion control, sponsor, and read "Freedom from Food Addiction"

Or not.

by Anonymousreply 810/06/2013

OP, there's nothing wrong with splurging on a good cafeteria meal for your lunch.

To balance out the money, you can have your typical lunchtime fare (eg, soup & sandwiches) for your supper, instead.

That way, you're not having two heavy, expensive meals each day.

by Anonymousreply 910/06/2013

At least the expensive food you're buying is good. Most people who buy lunch regularly pay a lot for mediocre/lousy food. Go ahead & buy expensive lunches that you love & then prepare economical meals at home for dinner & on weekends. You're lucky to have such nice options for lunch.

by Anonymousreply 1010/06/2013

Listen to R9 and R10, OP. Have a light, healthy breakfast of fruit, muesli, yoghurt. Then use the cafeteria to have a good quality substantive lunch. And then a very light dinner - steamed vegetables and fish or chicken. No snacks, no sugar, no booze.

by Anonymousreply 1110/06/2013

I have a cafeteria much the same as yours OP.I tried to quit eating lunch there every day but I have no self control. So I started eating a big salad evey night for dinner. This way I'm eating a lot less and later in the evening. It's a bit of a rationalisation, but for me it works.

by Anonymousreply 1210/06/2013

$10 for lunch is expensive? In NYC, that only gets you a wrap.

by Anonymousreply 1310/06/2013

Tell me about the butter. Is it fancy butter? And the eggs. Are they farm fresh?

by Anonymousreply 1410/06/2013

OP which Mall do you work at? Your Food Court sounds awesome!

by Anonymousreply 1510/06/2013

That's what Ginny said. And then she died.

by Anonymousreply 1611/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.