Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

There's a cafeteria in my new office, and it'll be the death of me

Just switched to a trendy new office building that has a cafeteria on the ground floor -- a high-end, fancy, DELICIOUS cafeteria with chef stations. There's a sushi station, dim sum carts, an Italian-style deli, a vast salad bar, a Hawaiian "surf shack," a taqueria station, and a small sitdown French bistro for client meals.

It's SO GOOD. It's impossible to resist. I always used to pack my own lunches but now I'm dropping a ten each day for lunch - delicious lunches too. I can run down to the cafe and grab amazing gyoza and spicy scallop rolls, tote it to my desk, and feel awesome for the rest of the afternoon. Unfortunately I have spent about $250 on this since it opened last month.

AHHHH. I'm trying to pack my lunch tonight for tomorrow but all i can think about is the Chinese food I could get at my workplace!

by Anonymousreply 1611/14/2013

It's okay. You can just take your brown bagged lunch home for dinner each night after you cave at 12.

by Anonymousreply 110/06/2013

I know how it is OP. I'm terrible at resisting the urge to by lunch. I'll bring mine most days and half the time end up buying lunch out anyway. Such a waste of money.

by Anonymousreply 210/06/2013

We switched vendors for our cafeteria last year -- more expensive and not as good. It kind of forced me to bring my lunch more, and I think I have lost a little weight because of it.

by Anonymousreply 310/06/2013

Oh, [italic]honey.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 410/06/2013

OP, you sound fat.

by Anonymousreply 510/06/2013

Why do you take it back to your desk? What a loser.

by Anonymousreply 610/06/2013

"... tote it to my desk"

by Anonymousreply 710/06/2013

Food program. No sugar, flour or wheat. Portion control, sponsor, and read "Freedom from Food Addiction"

Or not.

by Anonymousreply 810/06/2013

OP, there's nothing wrong with splurging on a good cafeteria meal for your lunch.

To balance out the money, you can have your typical lunchtime fare (eg, soup & sandwiches) for your supper, instead.

That way, you're not having two heavy, expensive meals each day.

by Anonymousreply 910/06/2013

At least the expensive food you're buying is good. Most people who buy lunch regularly pay a lot for mediocre/lousy food. Go ahead & buy expensive lunches that you love & then prepare economical meals at home for dinner & on weekends. You're lucky to have such nice options for lunch.

by Anonymousreply 1010/06/2013

Listen to R9 and R10, OP. Have a light, healthy breakfast of fruit, muesli, yoghurt. Then use the cafeteria to have a good quality substantive lunch. And then a very light dinner - steamed vegetables and fish or chicken. No snacks, no sugar, no booze.

by Anonymousreply 1110/06/2013

I have a cafeteria much the same as yours OP.I tried to quit eating lunch there every day but I have no self control. So I started eating a big salad evey night for dinner. This way I'm eating a lot less and later in the evening. It's a bit of a rationalisation, but for me it works.

by Anonymousreply 1210/06/2013

$10 for lunch is expensive? In NYC, that only gets you a wrap.

by Anonymousreply 1310/06/2013

Tell me about the butter. Is it fancy butter? And the eggs. Are they farm fresh?

by Anonymousreply 1410/06/2013

OP which Mall do you work at? Your Food Court sounds awesome!

by Anonymousreply 1510/06/2013

That's what Ginny said. And then she died.

by Anonymousreply 1611/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!