Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Fierce 11-Year-Old Boy Dances To Lady Gaga’s ‘Applause’ At Dance Recital

Watch this fierce eleven-year-old boy steal the show at his dance recital by delivering some incredible moves to Lady Gaga's "Applause"

by Mother Monsterreply 2710/07/2013

FIT

by Mother Monsterreply 110/06/2013

That boy has a future in DANCE, baby!

by Mother Monsterreply 210/06/2013

Great, now my computer caught fire.

by Mother Monsterreply 310/06/2013

He's actually a really good dancer so no hate. He has a future for sure. What I object to is some of those moves were a bit too sexual for that age group. I don't need to see 11 year olds shaking their hips.

by Mother Monsterreply 410/06/2013

Is there a reason this is a "thing"? There are tonnes of kids as talented at dancing as he is... Is it because of the horrid Lady Gaga song?

by Mother Monsterreply 510/06/2013

I hope SAB gives him a scholarship. Amazing dance ability. But that shit music? Really!

by Mother Monsterreply 610/06/2013

Did you even watch it R5? There are NOT tons of kids, this talented. You could see how much better he is than the other girls performing.

by Mother Monsterreply 710/06/2013

If he devotes his whole life to it, he can have the good fortune of making $1200/week until an injury leaves him unemployable, uneducated, and 30.

by Mother Monsterreply 810/06/2013

R8 Quite the optimist there buddy ;)

by Mother Monsterreply 910/06/2013

I'm with R4.

I don't know why we need to sexualize a kid that age.

Starts dancing when he is four, professionally when he is eight. Hope he likes it.

by Mother Monsterreply 1010/06/2013

He really means it. He's all in. All passion. And his moves are tight and crisp too. The two aspects are what it takes - a winning combo. He'll do well.

I disagree about suggestive moves. You have to move your body in order to dance. Just because an adult might possibly perceive something as similar to a sexual move does not mean it is at all sexual. I too am put off by kids looking sexual, but I didn't see sexuality at all in this dance.

by Mother Monsterreply 1110/06/2013

R7, I did. But go watch other choreography or dance-focused videos on YT. This kid is good but he's no prodigy warranting an entire article.

by Mother Monsterreply 1210/06/2013

I wouldn't change a thing. Those moves are perfect!

by Mother Monsterreply 1310/06/2013

That clip is beautiful, because we're watching a kid who has the freedom to be himself! I wish I'd had that chance.

by Mother Monsterreply 1410/06/2013

Seriously, who would encourage his child to devote a life to dance? As a sport, sure, but a life? Does anyone here know a dancer who's found his happy ending?

by Mother Monsterreply 1510/06/2013

[quote]I disagree about suggestive moves. You have to move your body in order to dance. Just because an adult might possibly perceive something as similar to a sexual move does not mean it is at all sexual

I also agree, the fact is dancing is about moving your body. Something that you also do during sex of course. There is nothing he does in that video that is choreographed to be overtly sexual.

by Mother Monsterreply 1610/06/2013

[quote]Does anyone here know a dancer who's found his happy ending?

You mean like this? Wow, there are bunch of bitter assholes here. Guess you weren't chosen last on the schoolyard, you weren't picked at all. The kid is exceptional.

by Mother Monsterreply 1710/06/2013

You seem very naive, R17. A dancer's life is a dog's life.

Most dancers know this I think but theirs is a passion that eclipses the pitfalls of such a career.

by Mother Monsterreply 1810/06/2013

And the choreography is shit, too.

by Mother Monsterreply 1910/06/2013

I think he's very good. Seems more athletic than "flaming."

Who has a career that lasts these days? Do what you love.

by Mother Monsterreply 2010/06/2013

I have several friends and even cousins that are or have been professional dancers. Many are still in those careers and doing quite well. It is a wonderful profession and many go on to open their own studios.

by Mother Monsterreply 2110/06/2013

I think you're overlooking the obvious if you can't see the sexual component to this choreography. The interesting part is that it isn't there for most of the dance, it doesn't seem to me it is either necessary or the most difficult part of the dance.

So why included it?

by Mother Monsterreply 2210/06/2013

The kid is terrific. Very tight moves. Brava!

by Mother Monsterreply 2310/06/2013

I am totally in agreement with R-7. WHY do otherwise successful, educated parents want their children to make careers out of sports or dance or music? I am going through this with my partner who has our daughter enrolled in a children's singing and performance school that takes up her entire weekend. This town is full of grown-up hams who were graduates of that place, it is quite well known, but not one of them has had any success in music... about all any of them can do is go into teaching music but most of them are working retail as the school misleads them to think they are going to be "stars".

by Mother Monsterreply 2410/06/2013

He's been dancing since he was 4 .... good for him. (Professionally since he was 8 ?)

by Mother Monsterreply 2510/06/2013

That kid is awesome! But I agree that it should be a hobby or something like that. This is coming from someone who has a BFA in Theater. Useless motherfucking thing. Wish my parents had made me do something else as well.

by Mother Monsterreply 2610/07/2013

Advice to the kid: Don't pursue your passion, go for what will make money. I tried the performing route and ,despite my moving to NYC and trying to make it, I ended up working in an office building to make money. I have made enough to have a 250 sq ft apartment which I share with two roommates. Go for the gold and to hell with dreams.

by Mother Monsterreply 2710/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!