Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How early do you start your X-mas shopping?

I've started my shopping this week. My friends think it’s crazy to start so early, but by starting early I can buy quality gifts. Instead of running around at the last minute looking for a good enough gift, I can have time to find the right gifts for my friends and family.

I also can avoid the whole craziness at the mall during the week before X-mas. Last year I did everything I could to avoid the mall but my bf’s sister was in town for just one day and she had last minute shopping to do. After lunch, I made it thru 45 minutes in the mall before I was starting to feel crazy and stabby.

by Anonymousreply 310/06/2013

Black Friday!

I love it. It's like a race!

by Anonymousreply 110/06/2013

I rarely buy anything before Thanksgiving, because that's just wrong.

I hate how Christmas has taken over Thanksgiving and is working hard on Christmas, with an eye on Labor Day.

Fuck Christmas, that greedy pig.

by Anonymousreply 210/06/2013

I start early, but it's more in the planning stage of what I'll buy, than going out to shop. I'm going to try to do most of my shopping online this year. Like you, OP, the crowds at the malls during pre x-mas week make me strongely dislike my fellow man.

I'm tired of putting a lot of thought into presents for friends and family and they in turn give me something cheap they've re-gifted. My sister-in-law is the worst, she's always giving me those crappy over scented candles. Last year the candle had a x-mas label stuck on the bottom 'To Becky from your secret Santa'

Yes, it's the thought that counts and you've obviously put no thought into it.

by Anonymousreply 310/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.