Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

To copy your section of audio, press "Apple-C" on your keyboard "Press Apple-C on your keyboard?" ...WTF?

I'm new to do I "press Apple-C" ?

Does anyone know what that means?

by Anonymousreply 1410/06/2013

I think it means press the apple key and c key simultaneously.

by Anonymousreply 110/06/2013

But which is the apple key...what does it look like?

by Anonymousreply 210/06/2013

The "Apple" key is the command key, so press command - c. It's the standard copy command.

On my older Apple keyboards, the command key had the Apple LOGO on it. My newer Apple keyboard has the word "command" on it instead.

by Anonymousreply 310/06/2013

The 'Apple key' is the 'Command' key.

by Anonymousreply 410/06/2013

Older keyboards looked like the photo in the link.

by Anonymousreply 510/06/2013

so, apple isn't the easiest to use? get a PC next time, loser!

by Anonymousreply 610/06/2013

[quote]The 'Apple key' is the 'Command' key

Oh, right...thanks.

[quote]My newer Apple keyboard has the word "command" on it instead.

Mine too.

Thanks, again.

by Anonymousreply 710/06/2013

I'm trying to edit an MP3 using Quicktime. Jesus, it's complicated.

The minute I try to do anything out of the ordinary on this thing it's like going to hell.

by Anonymousreply 810/06/2013

In Arkansas, they call that button the "squished bug."

by Anonymousreply 910/06/2013

I've never edited audio using Quicktime, so I don't know what issues you may be having.

Just FYI, there is a free, open source program called Audacity that I found easy to use when I had an audio project to put together a few years ago, and having no prior sound editing experience.

by Anonymousreply 1010/06/2013

If you're just wanting to trim the beginning and/or end of an mp3, iTunes is easiest. You select the mp3 (or any other format recording in iTunes, for that matter), do "get info" (command-i) on it and then change the start and/or end time and then right click and choose "convert to mp3" and it makes another copy with the edits incorporated. If you don't have the option to convert to mp3, you need to go into iTunes preferences and change the import cd settings to mp3.

by Anonymousreply 1110/06/2013

Sorry, after you change the start and/or end time, you can close the "get info" window and then right click the audio file in your library listing to get the submenu which should contain the command to convert to mp3 (if you've updated your import cd preferences to be mp3). Also you won't immediately see the start/end time settings in the "get info" window...the settings are on one of the tabs within that window. I'm not sure what tab...these instructions are from memory so don't take them absolutely literally. Just click around and you should be able to find everything.

by Anonymousreply 1210/06/2013

Oh god, r11 here again. To accomplish a "right click" on a Mac, hold down the Control key and then click the mouse button. If you're a newbie, I'm guessing you probably didn't know that. Also, you can set the Magic Mouse to recognize a right click by setting it up that way in mouse settings.

by Anonymousreply 1310/06/2013

Wow, worked. The new edited version appeared and I delete the old one.

[quote]if you've updated your import cd preferences to be mp3

I have now. I wish I'd done this before I downloaded 15,000 Cds yesterday. Can I convert the lot en masse?

I think I'm going to have to get some sort of tuition. Imovie was horrendously complicated and I hate using DL for tech advice.

Many thanks.

by Anonymousreply 1410/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!