Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Will the government reopen this week?

I have a feeling they still won't drop the charade.

by Anonymousreply 1010/07/2013

I think the GOP TeaPublicans are in too deep. They are going to roll this over into the debt ceiling debate and cause a shitstorm.

by Anonymousreply 110/06/2013

No. It will run up to the debt ceiling.

by Anonymousreply 210/06/2013

It's better for everyone to do this all at once. The idiot Teabaggers aren't going to give up. Hopefully, Obama won't cave. This is the end of the Republican Party. They're dead. They just haven't figured it out yet.

by Anonymousreply 310/06/2013

Only if Obama stands strong, R3. I pray to man-in-sky he stays strong.

by Anonymousreply 410/07/2013

More and more people are realizing it just doesn't matter to them unless they have this strong thing about going to the Lincoln Memorial. You can still see it from the street, at least until they get it covered.

by Anonymousreply 510/07/2013

it will end oct 16, 2013, mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 610/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 710/07/2013

R1, 2 and 3 are all correct. The Teapublicans will double down when the debt ceiling comes up on the 16th. This is their Waterloo, mark my words. They have no idea how far they've overreached. No one except their diehard base (only about 20% of the electorate) are actually siding with them. Dems, independents and even many moderate Republican voters are all very much on Obama's side in this. He needs to stand strong and hold firm while they self-destruct.

by Anonymousreply 810/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 910/07/2013

Well thank HEAVENS Hagel had the wisdom to rehire all the DoD civvies, immediately.

Sparta shouldn't go a day without the full dazzle of its expensive weaponry.

by Anonymousreply 1010/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!