Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I was born in August of 1981, one my closest friends was born two months and ten days later in october of that year. causing us to graduate high school. in 1999 and 2000 respectively.

That said I identify as Gen X with Boomer infuence and he identifies as unadulterated Gen Y/Millennial. And it heavily shows in the choices we make and in how or if we learn from our mistakes, take advice, etc. He repeatedly looses money trying to help out people who have no desire to better themselves.

He even excepted a guy into his home who had been evicted from the homes of his last four roommates, he did this after meeting the guy six hours before, asked for no references, even now when he's trying to evict the guy he can't get his SSN for the eviction paperwork. The guy has cost my friend more money than he ever paid in rent, they even opened a joint checking account two weeks after they met for a "household account" which turned into the account that my friend transferred money into for this guy when he wasn't working. He even added the guy to one of his credit cards so that he could rent cars!

When introduced me to the guy a week after he moved in, I read the guy in less than ten minutes and foretold him of everything that was coming from this POS and was proven right and then some. Now this guy is supposed to be moving in two weeks and my friend is letting some guy that a 19 year old friend if his is seeing sleep on the couch.

I thought it was just this particular person making horrible choices and exercising no judgement but the more people younger than myself I know the more I see a lack of common sense collectively..

I seem to have matured with Gen X and have the current mindset of most of them, and I connect well on many personal levels with Boomers, can Gen Y honestly just be a generation of idiots with Wikipedia educations unaffected by the real world?

by Anonymousreply 3710/07/2013

He ACCEPTED a guy into his home, not "excepted." Dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 110/06/2013

Tl; dr

by Anonymousreply 210/06/2013

Sorry, I don't have a Copy Editor to review my Datalounge posts. But I know that you gentle people can always be counted upon.

by Anonymousreply 310/06/2013

[quote]he identifies as unadulterated Gen Y/Millennial

He's not. End of story. Tell him to grow up.

by Anonymousreply 410/06/2013

What does your story have to do with "generations"? I had a friend back in the '70s who used to take guys in the way your friend does.

by Anonymousreply 510/06/2013

Considering your (lack of) writing and spelling proficiency, I question the accuracy of this (incomplete) sentence:

[quote] causing us to graduate high school

by Anonymousreply 610/06/2013

Any questions?

by Anonymousreply 710/06/2013

wud u rthr i use txt wrds

Despite my shortcomings, at least i'm not typing like a 25 year old. I do have distractions while I'm online, unlike those who can give their undivided attention to DL.

R5 , things were a little less crazy in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 810/06/2013

It took me several minutes to figure out what that first sentence meant-- what the hell are those two unnecessary periods doing in the middle of the sentence?

by Anonymousreply 910/06/2013

A phone call from my sister in law outside of Oceanside, CA about being evacuated because of wildfires. I got distracted and apparently didn't pay attention to what I was doing.

by Anonymousreply 1010/06/2013

No need to apologize, OP. Even though you were distracted, we were still able to get that you are a moron.

by Anonymousreply 1110/06/2013

Enen with the illiterate post, the OP comes off like a pompous twat,

by Anonymousreply 1210/06/2013

You are WAY too young to be Gen X, OP. Technically, Gen X are the children of the Pre Baby Boomers (in other words, their parents were born BEFORE World War II. They famously are an alienated cohort, sandwiched between two population booms. I'm at the tail end of Generation X and I'm 42.

by Anonymousreply 1310/06/2013

Please forgive the typos. I'm half asleep.

by Anonymousreply 1410/06/2013

r13, you're just about as stupid as the op. You are not at the 'tail end' of gen x. You are smack dab in the middle of it.

Gen X is defined as anyone born from early 60s to early 80s.

by Anonymousreply 1510/06/2013

I was born in 1980 and do NOT consider myself Gen X. Gen X technically started in 1962-4 depending on the source. What the hell do I have culturally in common with someone in their fifties?

I think 1975-1983 is an little window, between X and the Millennial. I don't give a shit what Wiki says.

by Anonymousreply 1610/06/2013

It's not just wikipedia dumbass, it's generally accepted.

And someone born in 1963 is not in their 50s. They are just now turning 50.

by Anonymousreply 1710/06/2013

R2: proud gnat with typing skills

by Anonymousreply 1810/06/2013

" He even excepted a guy.."

Oh, Dear and two OUCHES!

by Anonymousreply 1910/06/2013

That boy should die in a .....

by Anonymousreply 2010/06/2013

OP, I was born in 1961, so I'm at the tail end of the boomer era. Even though some boomers are almost 20 years older than me, I identify more with them than I do with your generation.

Agree with R5. This story has nothing to do with different generations and everything to do with different individuals. One is a doormat, the other is a grammar challenged troll who tells boring stories.

by Anonymousreply 2110/06/2013

The grammar Nazis have become rather tedious. Yaaaaaawn.

OP: I'm not sure you should bother maintaining a friendship with someone who continues to show unbelievably bad judgement.

by Anonymousreply 2210/06/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2310/06/2013

OP, why did your friend open his home to someone so untrustworthy? Was it a sex thing? This really sounds like a very odd story. Young people are apt to make mistakes, but isn't this an extreme case? If it's your friend's home, can't he just call the police and have the guy thrown out for trespassing?

by Anonymousreply 2410/06/2013

OP this doesn't sound like a generational issue, more to do with your friend's personality.

And it was just as crazy in the 70s if not more, just different than now, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 2510/06/2013

Totally agree, R23.

by Anonymousreply 2610/06/2013

This thread proves that the red thread connecting all recent American generations is congenital stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 2710/06/2013

This thread isn't what I was expecting AT ALL.

by Anonymousreply 2810/06/2013

The OP and his friend are both clods.

by Anonymousreply 2910/06/2013

[quote] [R5] , things were a little less crazy in the 70s.

Do tell.

by Anonymousreply 3010/06/2013

OP, the US Department of Labor's statistics for 2012 show that 20-to-24 year olds are the [italic]least[/italic] likely to volunteer, while 35-to-44 year old are the [italic]most[/italic] likely to volunteer.

My guess is that your friend has an emotional need to rescue people.

by Anonymousreply 3110/06/2013

The generations do make a difference. I was born in 1961 and when I went away to college I found my roommates to be like something out of the middle ages: immature, contempt for women, pointless male jousting, unable to change a diaper without the help of mother or maid. I don't know how I ended up with such troglodytes, but it was still possible in those days. They were born in 1961 but unreconstructed 1361ers.

by Anonymousreply 3210/06/2013

r28, get over here and eat me out.

by Anonymousreply 3310/06/2013

That's pretty crass R33.

by Anonymousreply 3410/07/2013

Yeah R33---are you in 7th grade?

by Anonymousreply 3510/07/2013

English isn't your first language, is it OP?

by Anonymousreply 3610/07/2013

OP is the child of illegals?

by Anonymousreply 3710/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!