Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Generally speaking, is there anywhere in Europe where Jews can feel comfortable?

I'm thinking no. I think they are probably looked on with suspicion anywhere in Europe. Maybe not in the UK. But if I were Jewish I'd avoid that whole continent.

by Anonymousreply 910/05/2013

This is pretty much the truth. Jews are now actively fleeing parts of Scandinavia, England and France, where it is no longer safe to be identifiably Jewish, and several countries look extremely ominous (Spain, Belgium). Italy and the Czech republic still behave like human beings toward Israel.

Italy has a record of remarkable, humanitarian behavior during the Holocaust, not just Italian citizens but the Italian Army itself openly defied German orders to persecute Jews on several occasions. At one point Italian troops actually held the French Vichy army at gunpoint in order to unload a train full of Jews bound for the death camps.

At the last Olympics, while the rest of the countries kow-towed to Arab inhumanity and refused to remember the victims of the Munich massacre, the Italian team held a spontaneous public memorial service of their own.

A town in Scotland has actually banned all Israeli books from its shelves. And some recent stories from Ireland would curl your hair. So yes, things are getting scary across the pond.

by Anonymousreply 110/05/2013

Jews aren't fleeing from anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 210/05/2013

I've read stories of Jews fleeing France. Anti-Semitism is wide-spread.

by Anonymousreply 310/05/2013

I was vey good colleagues with about six Dutch Jews from different backgrounds in the Netherlands. They did mention discrimination but not a lot. Not uniformly throughout the country too.

by Anonymousreply 410/05/2013

They're not treated as badly as Israel treats the Palestinians!

by Anonymousreply 510/05/2013

[quote] Jews aren't fleeing from anywhere.

They sure as hell are:

by Anonymousreply 610/05/2013

[quote] They're not treated as badly as Israel treats the Palestinians!

And this kind of drivel is the pretext.

by Anonymousreply 710/05/2013

Exactly. At this point, I feel nothing but disgust for Israel. Whatever comes their way...I think they have been asking for it.

They faced something horrible from the Nazi's but they seemed to have learned no compassion from the holocaust. I think that is a major mistake.

by Anonymousreply 810/05/2013

[quote] Whatever comes their way...I think they have been asking for it.

You would have made an excellent German circa 1934

by Anonymousreply 910/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!