Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dealing with Trick or Tweeters

How many here either pretend you're not home or actually go out somewhere on Halloween so you don't have to deal with any of them?

by Anonymousreply 1210/06/2013

tweaters

by Anonymousreply 110/05/2013

Yes. And many other unspeakable tricks to keep them damn kids off my lawn.

by Anonymousreply 210/05/2013

I give out crummy candy and the word seems to get around, older kids in the neighborhood tell the younger ones.

When I was a kid, a teenager in our St. Louis neighborhood used to hide in the bushes and squirt their hose at the kids on their porch from behind.

Word quickly got around about that too.

by Anonymousreply 310/05/2013

Stop giving out meth and they'll stop coming around OP.

by Anonymousreply 510/06/2013

During the last bad flu outbreak I put a card table on the front porch with a lot of candy and a sign telling people to help themselves as we HAVE THE FLU.

It wasn't touched.

by Anonymousreply 610/06/2013

I get together with former neighbors to give out candy, while a big party is going on inside one of their homes. It's one of the best nights of the year. Takes a king's ransom in candy to get through the evening, but it's so much fine we don't care. Open your hearts,and think back when YOU had fun on Halloween, willya'?

by Anonymousreply 710/06/2013

I come from a small town and the custom in my town was that we knocked on the doors and when they were opened, we all yelled: "Do you want any Halloweeners?" I never heard the phrase "trick or treat" until I left home to go into the Army in the early 60's.

I never knew that kids were given candy because we were always given money. Nickels, dimes, pennies and sometimes half dollars from the richer families. Most of us kids averaged about 5 dollars in change from that night. That was a lot of money to us and we even got to keep some of it. Mostly, it went to help with the family bills because we were all pretty poor and even a little change went a long way back then.

My apartment complex passed out pictures of a Jack O' Lantern and asked us to pin it to the door if we wanted the kids ringing the bell. If it isn't on the door, the kids will pass it by.

by Anonymousreply 810/06/2013

Since there is so much hysteria around Trick or Treating nowadays, we do Treat or Trick. The adults dress up and go door to door giving out candy. In this was the parents feel that the kids are safe at home. It is all pretty well organized so no strangers can insert themselves into the event. There are strict rules for the adults: no masks, no costumes that could frighten a young child (no gore), no X rated costumes.

And yes, some parents have cocktails ready for the Treat or Trickers.

by Anonymousreply 910/06/2013

My, that's certainly turning the tradition upside down on its head, r9.

by Anonymousreply 1010/06/2013

I simply never follow any of my tricks on twitter. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 1110/06/2013

I throw rocks at the tweekers

by Anonymousreply 1210/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.