Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Re: the Jean Kassem thread, and of course " Mommie Dearest", any of you been eliminated, or screwed out of an inheritance ?

I have a friend who's mother died, the father remarried, and years later, the evil stepmother would not allow him to even collect his childhood belongings, in the house he grew up in - which was left to the evil SM, of course. He had got along wonderfully with his father, and brothers, and was dumbfounded he was left nothing. When I asked him why , a year later, he said " I figured it out. My father was weak, when it came to her, and he was too sick to fight her decisions, at that point." this was years ago, and I still feel bad for him.

by Anonymousreply 1510/06/2013

Why feel bad for him?

No one is "owed" his parents' money or their things. No one.

by Anonymousreply 110/05/2013

R1 Thats your view. He was an only child, and his father had intended to leave him a portion of the estate he was told o, after daddy remarried. But the 'evil' woman, younger, and with her own children, had the will changed, to benefit THEM. You really don't think that's wrong ?

by Anonymousreply 210/05/2013

It is terrible when this happens. And yes, most of the time it does involve an evil stepmother/ 2nd or 3rd wife. They manipulate the husband unbelievably. I have friends, and the ESM has come into the family, and created such chaos. My friend, and his wife, are no longer allowed to use the family vacation home, without the new wife's permission. It's a place they've gone for years, whenever they felt like it. Now, everything has to go through daddy's 'new' wife. They really hate her

by Anonymousreply 310/05/2013

Money rarely brings out the best in people.

by Anonymousreply 410/05/2013

I was screwed out of 7 acres of ancient Redwood forest and a cabin overlooking the ocean on the Mendocino Coast.

The property was willed to me by my grandfather. My asshole lawyer uncle fought with my greedy step-grandmother in court and I ended up being excluded from the will.

by Anonymousreply 510/05/2013

My sister screwed me out of about a third of my inheritance. She tried to get more, but she screwed up the paperwork. Ha ha.

by Anonymousreply 610/05/2013

I'm getting screwed out of a $800k estate. Father turned over the deed to sister. Sister ain't sharing.

by Anonymousreply 810/05/2013

R7 Who the fuck is Della ? Off your meds ?

by Anonymousreply 910/06/2013

R5 I am so sorry for you, sincerely. That is a beautiful area, and the thought of having 7 acres ! I'm reminded of 2 movies, when I think of that area. "Same Time Next Year" where they stayed in that lovely little cottage, overlooking the ocean, and (an awful movie) "Dying Young", both shot in Mendocino. Any more details of how your greedy uncle wrested the property out of your ownership?

by Anonymousreply 1010/06/2013

R8 Did your father just like her more, or did you do something to alienate, or disappoint him, or did he feel your sister was more responsable with money ?

by Anonymousreply 1110/06/2013

Thanks for asking r11. It's a long story - my 'father' rejected me when I was in my early 20s. He was an ogre, sexually and physically abusive. My sister forgot all that for his $$$$$

by Anonymousreply 1210/06/2013

R9, Della is a longtime DL poster. I like her.

But you're right, R7 is a jerk.

by Anonymousreply 1310/06/2013

[quote][R1] Thats your view.

Yes--it's called "the non-greedy view."

by Anonymousreply 1410/06/2013

R14 Wait till it happens to you - when someone promises you something, after their death, and a greedy person, who possibly was not even close to the deceased, comes in, and steals away what you were intended to have. Sounds like you may never have that problem - you sound more like the 'greedy' one in the scenario !

by Anonymousreply 1510/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.