Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Daniel Radcliffe's male roommate

[quote]When he’s working in New York, he shares his apartment downtown with his personal assistant, Spencer Soloman, a 38-year-old former dancer and camera man, who became close with Radcliffe’s family when he was teaching the actor to dance for “How to Succeed.” Soloman and Sam [i.e. his hunky bodyguard, pictured at link] function, in some ways, like older brothers: fun, but responsible and organized. Soloman plans Radcliffe’s schedule and talks to his father, agents and publicists two or three times a day; he might tell Radcliffe when he needs to shave for a photo shoot or search their apartment for a garment that his stylist wants him to wear for some occasion.

by Anonymousreply 9512/24/2014

Gurl please, take off the veil; this story is being presented as if it's some kind of rad cliffe-hanger.

by Anonymousreply 110/05/2013

So Daniel is the meat in the middle of a sandwich every night he's in NY. No wonder he had so much energy in Hot to Succeed

by Anonymousreply 310/05/2013

A dancer dances!

by Anonymousreply 410/05/2013

Might this friend be a minder/sober companion?

It dawns on me that that blind item from a while back about a star anxious to come out, who's turning to drugs and alcohol to ease his pain could be DR, as opposed to the usual guesses: Taylor Lautner, Zac Efron, Jake G.

by Anonymousreply 510/06/2013

If Dan were gay, he'd say it.

by Anonymousreply 610/06/2013

You expected Radcliffe to live alone without a posse or staff?

by Anonymousreply 710/06/2013

That bodyguard has a hot bod, you can see his muscles pushing against his tight shirt. Ain't no way Radcliffe's not getting some of that action.

by Anonymousreply 810/06/2013

So if 1.5 percent of British guys are gay/bi, and let's say we double that number for those in the acting profession, there's a 3 percent chance Radcliffe is banging him.

by Anonymousreply 910/06/2013

Saw him on the street, alone. He's tiny. Seems personable. Great smile.

by Anonymousreply 1010/06/2013

Thanks for posting the article R9. Very cool and interesting.

by Anonymousreply 1110/06/2013

I like Dan and I think he would have no trouble coming out if he were gay. He is still young and who knows, he just might not have figured out exactly where he is on the gay/straigh/bi scale.

He seems like such a sweet guy, but wound a little to tight. I don't look for his life to end happily.

I think he would be happier out of the limelight, working at a small little used record store. He loves music and his taste for it is broad and varied. I could see him in a place like John Cusack's character had in High Fidelity, only happier, because he can decompress from his life.

by Anonymousreply 1210/06/2013

I think he sounds like he is exceptionally well adjusted, emotionally mature and happy. Smart, too.

by Anonymousreply 1310/06/2013

yeah, is the expectation that ONLY gay guys have male roommates and ONLY straight guy have female roommmates?

much ado about nothing, really.

by Anonymousreply 1410/06/2013

Someone worth $80 million would not want a roommate unless he was fucking that roommate.

by Anonymousreply 1510/06/2013

Danielle: You in danger, girl!

by Anonymousreply 1610/06/2013

[quote]I think he sounds like he is exceptionally well adjusted, emotionally mature and happy.

Thanks for sharing, fangurl: but the alcoholism would argue against that reading of sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.

by Anonymousreply 1710/06/2013

Plus ... I love the way they worked the phrase "next trick" into the headline. I'm pretty sure the author is trying to say something. Along the lines of "Kevin Spacey has a secret."

by Anonymousreply 1810/06/2013

And since when do "older brothers" have sex with you? Unless you're starring in a Falcon video, of course.

by Anonymousreply 1910/06/2013

In a related question, the entourage story got me wondering how many Hollywood stars keep bodyguards on their payroll full time? We always see Taylor Lautner with his when he travels but who else? Also is it more of a prereq for shorter stars, as both Lautner and Radcliffe are under 5-9, (i.e. they are too small to attempt to defend themselves?) I also wonder how often if ever are the bodyguards actually called upon to defend the client or is it just theater like the TSA?

by Anonymousreply 2010/06/2013

Until someone can post hardcore and verifiable proof about Daniel Radcliffe being gay or bi I will just have to assume he is straight. I don't think in terms of hearsay or speculation. I had two female roomies for a good while and people presumed I was straight as I am a macho gay. It works both ways.

by Anonymousreply 2110/06/2013

"Someone worth $80 million would not want a roommate unless he was fucking that roommate."

Or unless they can't cope with living on their own. There are a lot of possible reasons for that - domestic incompetence, hatred of being alone, need for a 24/7 sober coach, or the roommate is a super-PA who organizes everything. Or love, who knows.

And R12, I like him too, but remember that he works in a field where there is open, strong, and perfectly legal discrimination against actors who are out in the press.

by Anonymousreply 2210/06/2013

[quote]Until someone can post hardcore and verifiable proof about Daniel Radcliffe being gay or bi I will just have to assume he is straight. I don't think in terms of hearsay or speculation.

You're speculating he's straight then. You have no proof either.

by Anonymousreply 2310/07/2013

R21, a macho gay man who sounds like a pissy, defensive teenage fangirl.

You're a catch.

by Anonymousreply 2410/07/2013

I'm a loud advocate of gays coiming out, but I see no evidence that DR is gay (or straight). What I do see is a young person who has only known being famous, rather than being ordinary, since he was 10. Someone who nevertheless in al his apoerances is kind and pleasant. But we know he's had problems with alcohol, which is sad.

I'd guess that he needs to have someone around, not to fuck, but to stop him fucking up. But we're all guessing: it's what Datalounge us for.

by Anonymousreply 2510/07/2013

If he were gay and closeted, he'd probably hide the fact he has a roommate.

by Anonymousreply 2610/07/2013

I know a "celebrity" (a lead singer in a band that has had multiple hits). He's "married" with children. It's a Mormon thing, I guess. I met him when he was a waiter. He only became closeted when the girlies started noticing all his make-up.

So, he and his PA live in one house, and his "wife" and children live in another house. I think he's a hypocrite (and I've told him how I feel about this). He just believes that if everything is photo ready, nothing else matters.

It must be a societal thing. I find it distasteful, but it's his life to ruin his own way.

by Anonymousreply 2710/07/2013

But R24---this is DATALOUNGE where EVERYone is GAY! Not too long ago there was a post here about President Nixon being gay with somebody.

by Anonymousreply 2810/07/2013

Hell, if I had that kind of money and needed a bodyguard this is the kind of guy I'D hire:

by Anonymousreply 2910/07/2013

Radcliffe creates hysteria amongst his fans. It is like beatlemania. I was walking past his theatre once when he was in Equus and it was just pandemonium. Police everywhere yelling that if people don't stay calm they will pull him inside. Cops yelling no pushing, no screaming etc.

by Anonymousreply 3010/07/2013

r26 is right. And the article says that DR is a disorganized slob who wipes up spilled liquids with his sock. He may need a dogsbody.

Also, couldn't this guy be an AA crony to keep him from drinking?

by Anonymousreply 3110/07/2013

[quote]I don't think in terms of hearsay or speculation.

Well, you're certainly in the wrong place.

by Anonymousreply 3210/07/2013

R27 - I'm going to guess Brandon Flowers. I remember the first time the Killers were on SNL and he was in a pink suit and glitter eye make up. He's Mormon and used to be a waiter in Vegas. And as much as I dislike stereotypes, rarely is a grown straight man that boyishly adorable all while seeming kind of asexual.

I saw a clip of him and Richard Dawkins on the same talk show. It was so embarrassing, him trying to argue the accuracy of Mormonism to Dawkins. He seemed pretty adept at deluding himself.

by Anonymousreply 3310/07/2013

I think the article makes it pretty clear that Radcliffe doesn't think he did very well when he was living on his own. He's savvy enough to realize that he needs a minder. I wouldn't read anything more into it than that.

Is it a Times thing to say "lighted a cigarette" rather than "lit a cigarette"? It sounds pretentiously wannabe-British to me.

by Anonymousreply 3410/07/2013

It's perfectly normal for a well-to-do young Englishman to live with one manservant, I don't know what you're on about.

by Anonymousreply 3510/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 3610/08/2013

He's into older women.

by Anonymousreply 3710/08/2013

Don't know that much about him but have seen him on a couple of talk shows and he really did seem uncommonly charming and genuine. As someone suggested here, I think he seems like a pretty good bloke who would be a pleasure to hang with, gay or straight.

by Anonymousreply 3810/08/2013

He is into older women, MUCH older women. As for his live in male 'caretaker', SOMEONE has to change the diapers when 'mommy' can't be around, right?

by Anonymousreply 3910/08/2013

bump for Sam

by Anonymousreply 4010/08/2013

Another image of Frodo & Sam

by Anonymousreply 4110/08/2013

Tell me he doesn't treat Danny like his little boy when they're home alone.

by Anonymousreply 4210/08/2013

Danny needs someone to polish his wand.

by Anonymousreply 4310/09/2013

That's part of what mommy or daddy does when they change his diaper and swaddle him for bed.

by Anonymousreply 4510/09/2013

Damn. Danny has a pretty good haircut.

by Anonymousreply 4610/09/2013

Why did it say "shares his apartment?" Daniel owns a townhouse on West 12th.

by Anonymousreply 4710/09/2013

because 'shares his bed' would've been too obvious

by Anonymousreply 4810/09/2013

I don't know or care if he's gay, but I find him hard to watch on talk shows. I can't tell if he's just high strung, but he seems totally phony to me. He's also one of those people, though not unattractive, is just hard for me to look at. Like Cecily Strong on SNL. It's like there is something "off" about their faces, and my brain can't process it.

by Anonymousreply 4910/09/2013

I wish he was more like his Harry Potter persona, deadly dull but intense. He'd probably be hot in bed, while Daniel probably just giggle the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 5010/09/2013

I just saw Danny with his legs up in the air, about to get plowed by a cute blonde boy.

His roommate? I bet he's done it with him before, but this was his awful movie, KILL YOUR DARLINGS. But he sure seems to know all the positions in those sex scenes.

by Anonymousreply 5112/09/2013

[R51], is Kill Your Darlings out already?

[R33], I really like your guess.

by Anonymousreply 5212/09/2013

I saw a screener for Oscar consideration.

It is out in limited releases.

by Anonymousreply 5312/09/2013

Thanks, R51. Although now I don't know if I want to watch the movie or not. Damnit, and I was so excited for it too!

by Anonymousreply 5412/09/2013

Spencer is hot

by Anonymousreply 5512/09/2013

that has to be his fuckbody... and good for Danny for getting a nice piece of hot ass.

by Anonymousreply 5612/09/2013

Blind Items are fun, although obviously you can't trust either the blind item or the guessed subject. These were at agc blind items. Personally I've never thought Daniel being gay but what do I know, he's more Harry Potter in my head than anything else. The first one doesn't scream Daniel to me at all, but maybe more of someone like James Franco, who's also in that Daily Mail link where Daniel is on the red carpet with the director John Krokidas.

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 09/02 **#1** Don't look now, but this not-so-closeted A-list actor and jack of all trades stepped out with his director boyfriend on the Venice Film Festival red carpet. Don't expect to see any official announcement that he's bi soon, he's going to hold out for as long as he can. Daniel Radcliffe

POPBITCH 12/05 Which largely untroubled child actor conquered the demon drink - only to pick up a cocaine habit that even seasoned onlookers describe as 'heroic'? Daniel Radcliffe

by Anonymousreply 5712/09/2013

i think the actor and director is more likely ALFONSO CUARÓN and George Clooney.

by Anonymousreply 5812/10/2013

Danny's come back to Broadway, so his roommate will have a playmate for a couple of months.

by Anonymousreply 5901/25/2014

I wonder if his other bodyguard is as hot as Sam.

by Anonymousreply 6001/26/2014

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 6101/26/2014

So let me get this straight, YOU are a rich and famous movie star. You have a home in London and one in New York. Your job takes you all over the world usually for months at a time and you are going to leave one or both of your homes/million dollar investments completely abandoned for all that time? How do you know you won't come back to anything at all, or if someone is living there illegally. The guy house sits, works for him. It's not a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 6201/26/2014

Daniel would have an army of stalkers of both genders (some have even posted here).

I'd have a tall, built bodyguard too if I was him.

by Anonymousreply 6301/26/2014

IF I WERE HE, r63.

by Anonymousreply 6401/26/2014

[quote]I'd have a tall, built bodyguard too if I was him.

Try Craig's List for a fantasy bodyguard.

by Anonymousreply 6601/27/2014

Relating to the roommate question, do you think that most actors/actresses are naturally introverts or extroverts? Many when not in front of the camera seem very shy and reserved. If they are natural introverts it seems odd that they would want to have roommates around when they would prefer to spend time by themselves to decompress. Or are the presence of roommates in some way practice for keeping up the highly public (extroverted) persona required for those in the spotlight?

by Anonymousreply 6701/27/2014

Daniel Radcliffe may be bi, like Tom Daley kind of bi.

But straight? No. When he said anal sex hurts in that recent interview, he spoke from experience.

by Anonymousreply 6801/27/2014

I think he'd make a hot, hairy little bottom. Without his glasses, feet to the ceiling, with that posh accent.

by Anonymousreply 6901/27/2014

I am assuming that Danny is back in the city for rehearsals for Inishmaan. Is he back in his New York apartment?

by Anonymousreply 7002/15/2014

Any Danny Radcliffe news?

by Anonymousreply 7104/19/2014

Will he call Brantley a little bitch after the reviews are out?

by Anonymousreply 7204/20/2014

This and other articles lead one to the most obvious conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 7304/20/2014

I think he's gay, but the fact that he has men in his employ isn't exactly evidence. He could have a woman as his PA and still be gay.

by Anonymousreply 7404/20/2014

No clue if he's gay or straight, but the best free entertainment in London used to be watching the crowd at the stage door when he was doing Equus. He would pop out briefly, get mobbed by the Harry Potter fans and then go back inside.

I once caught his appearance, went to a bar, had a couple drinks, walked around Soho, and walked back a good 90 minutes later. There were still fans (the same ones from earlier) standing there convinced he would reappear.

I have no doubt he needs a bodyguard at all times.

by Anonymousreply 7504/20/2014

Maybe he is CHEAP.

We complain about child stars spending all their earnings.

Here is someone who is watching his money carefully, and he is being ridiculed for being frugal.

You can't win with DL posters.

by Anonymousreply 7604/20/2014

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 7704/20/2014

Dame Brantley appreciates the British celebs. The Hollywood ones, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 7804/23/2014

He's still got a ways to go to catch up with James Franco

by Anonymousreply 7904/23/2014

r77 is correct. Daniel owns a West Village townhouse. Saw him on Tuesday having breakfast at a neighborhood eatery.

by Anonymousreply 8004/24/2014

He often goes to the bookstore in the Village where my roommate works. One of the last bookstores left. He is polite, very smart and talkative.

by Anonymousreply 8104/24/2014

does anybody know his other security guard??? cuz from what i know he has 2 of them

by Anonymousreply 8205/18/2014

The three at comic con

by Anonymousreply 8308/24/2014

So does Danny still have his girlfriend now that he's not promoting anything?

by Anonymousreply 8410/17/2014

R34 "lighted" is actually correct. "Lit" is one of those things that sounds right but isn't, yet nonetheless has crept into the language so well that probably most English speakers don't question it. Kind of like "snuck." The correct past tense is actually "sneaked" but it sounds odd to most.

by Anonymousreply 8510/17/2014

Didn't Radcliffe and Watson have a teenage romance?

by Anonymousreply 8612/23/2014

R85, both lit and lighted are correct, unlike snuck. Stylistically speaking, lighted is currently more common in US English and lit in British but both are interchangeable.

by Anonymousreply 8712/24/2014

If you're that rich, why would you want to share your house with anyone?

by Anonymousreply 8812/24/2014

r87, just as the past tense of dive is dived, not dove.

by Anonymousreply 8912/24/2014

How common is it really for closeted wealthy gays to keep a "Personal Assistant" you think?

by Anonymousreply 9012/24/2014

I lost all interest inDaniel when I saw him to that tard rap on Fallon, not only that but he is one of those white middle class boys that love rap. Oh fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 9112/24/2014

Radcliffe is just not leading man material. I watched that awful movie Horns because my bf wanted to watch it and, He's extremely short, goofy looking, and needs a lot of work in the acting department. His handlers would be smart to position him as a character actor now, because leading man stardom isn't gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 9212/24/2014

Radcliffe is gay. He's also learned from a young age if you don't do nothing and you don't say nothing then there is nothing. He's in his prime for roles, but his dimunitive height works against him already. As 'out and proud' as some think Hollywood is, the best scripts for leads or supporting are not going to actor's in a coming out phase. Either start out gay or save it. Daniel is saving it, as he started as a kid, and hence his being wound tight. Wouldn't you be?

by Anonymousreply 9312/24/2014

[quote]Radcliffe is gay.

What makes you so sure?

by Anonymousreply 9412/24/2014

[quote]if you don't do nothing and you don't say nothing then there is nothing.

Try again.

by Anonymousreply 9512/24/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!