Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

First new show cancelled - " Lucky 7"

More updated predictions, now that we've seen a few ? I pick The Michael J. Fox show, Betrayal, The Originals

by Anonymousreply 1210/06/2013

We Are Men, Super Fun Night, Betrayal, The Trophy Wife.

by Anonymousreply 110/05/2013

Not surprising. I think I read on EW that the Lucky 7 ratings were like the lowest ever for a premiere on ABC.

by Anonymousreply 210/05/2013

Ironside for CBS

by Anonymousreply 310/05/2013

Ironside is on NBC

by Anonymousreply 410/05/2013

Michael J. Fox will be given the dignity of a season even if his ratings aren't great. But Betrayal can just go ahead and disappear.

by Anonymousreply 510/05/2013

I actually liked "Lucky 7"

by Anonymousreply 610/05/2013

R6 based on a British series. Instead of a gas station, the group worked in a supermarket.

Go rent the DVD of the Brit series instead.

by Anonymousreply 710/05/2013

Lucky 7, filmed in Toronto's east end, has been cancelled after only two episodes.

ABC has plugged the plug on the Toronto-shot new series, which has the dubious honour of being the first casualty of the fall season.

That means the elaborate gas station set on Eastern Ave. near Leslie St. in Toronto’s east end will no longer be around. The realistic set, doubling for Queens, N.Y., was a magnet for would-be customers who would try to buy gas and milk while the show was in production.

That’s too bad, because apart from being a welcome boost to the Toronto economy, the show has a solid premise, interesting characters, and one of the most diverse casts on television.

The show looks at what happens to a bunch of coworkers in a gas station as they win the lottery.

Even with Steven Spielberg as an executive producer and a lead-in from Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., the show didn’t cut it with viewers.

Lucky 7 was based on the British hit show The Syndicate.

by Anonymousreply 810/05/2013

R6 here is link to which Lucky 7 was based on.

by Anonymousreply 910/05/2013

Thank you R9 - they have it on Hulu. I appreciate it!

by Anonymousreply 1010/05/2013

awww, I liked that one. I guess my other new fave, Hostage will be next. Although based on the story I don't see how Hostage can do a full season. In the old days it would have made a good movie of the week.

by Anonymousreply 1110/05/2013

R11 Hostages is only a 13 episode show. Like a mini-series.

by Anonymousreply 1210/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!