Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Miley Cyrus Will Diss Sinead O’Connor On ‘SNL’

The battle between Sinead and Miley rages on! After Sinead slammed the ‘We Can’t Stop’ singer in not one or two but THREE open letters, Miley fought back on Twitter — but apparently that wasn’t enough. Now she’s vowing to diss Sinead big time during her Oct. 5 ‘SNL’ appearance.

Miley Cyrus and Sinead O’Connor, 46, are in the middle of a major feud! Sinead’s letters to the 20-year-old singer were initially meant to give guidance, but Miley took offense, and then took to Twitter to call out Sinead’s battle with mental illness. Sinead has already threatened Miley with legal action, so we’re pretty sure she won’t be happy when she finds out that Miley is planning to pull off the ultimate diss during her SNL monologue. Read on for all the EXCLUSIVE details.

Miley’s plans for her SNL performance just keep getting crazier! Now she’s plotting to use the show to get back at Sinead once and for all, a source tells EXCLUSIVELY.

“The current plan is for Miley to go after Sinead O’Connor during ‘Weekend Update’ or her monologue and she will most likely rip a picture of Sinead O’Conner on SNL,” the source reveals.

This is an obvious reference to Sinead’s own infamous SNL appearance in 1992, in which she ripped up a photo of Pope John Paul II in protest of sexual abuse in the Roman Catholic Church.

Sinead took this stunt very seriously, so we’re guessing she would be even more furious than she already is if Miley pokes fun at it. This could mean war!

by Anonymousreply 1910/06/2013

I think Miley was wrong by making fun of mental illness. There is never ever ever any reason to make fun of anyone's illness. If she wants to dis Sinead, she should just ignore the whole thing and not even mention it. That would also be taking the high road, but I don't think Miley is capable of that.

by Anonymousreply 110/05/2013

Oh how COOL of her. Stupid twat.

by Anonymousreply 210/05/2013

Who and who?

by Anonymousreply 310/05/2013

Miley is a classless brat and a cyberbully. If she does carry on with her Sinead diss on SNL, this will backfire on her big time.

by Anonymousreply 410/05/2013

I am positing this at 2:17 CST on 10/5/2013.

This is a manufactured stunt and Sinead will cameo on SNL tonight unbeknownst to Miley, who will shit a brick live on stage

by Anonymousreply 510/05/2013

If this is true, what a stupid POS. Who advises this little moron? I can understand that at her age she doesn't have the wisdom to appreciate constructive criticism (especially when some big names like Kanye are telling her she's the shit), but going in on someone who's her elder and her better and who has had some really hard times is so wrong.

Anyway, I kinda doubt she'll really do much. Probably just some token swipe.

by Anonymousreply 610/05/2013

Whether Sinead O'Connor appears on SNL depends entirely on whether Lorne Michaels is more interested in holding grudges or creating buzz for the show, R5. There's ample evidence for either position, but it probably helps that O'Connor's career in America was essentially destroyed after her last SNL appearance, so he's already gotten his revenge.

But there's no way that O'Connor appears without Miley knowing it. Lorne hates surprises, so he wouldn't allow it without knowing exactly how Miley would react in advance.

by Anonymousreply 710/05/2013

Probably, R6.

But what the "token swipe" SHOULD be is of her tongue with a toothbrush.

by Anonymousreply 810/05/2013

Unless she rips up a picture of Sinead, it will be lame.

by Anonymousreply 910/05/2013

Yeah, but no one watches SNL so what is the point?

by Anonymousreply 1010/05/2013

When was the last time SNL created a genuine controversy?

by Anonymousreply 1110/05/2013

Miss Cyrus is destroying all good will and showing herself to be just another out-of-control cunt. O'Connor didn't say anything out of turn - Cyrus is, unfortunately, going to flame out and leave a nasty stain.

And her father's being a closet case just makes it worse.

by Anonymousreply 1210/05/2013

There will be major blow back if she attacks Sinead as someone who suffers from mental illness. And I have to believe that the writers know that and will refuse to indulge her in her childishness. Sinead still has plenty of loyal fans. Just about everyone Amanda Bynes attacked on Twitter either ignored her or expressed concern for her well being. Even Rhianna. And she don't play. Miley needs to grow the fuck up. This is the way to prove she is really a grown woman, not showing her mosquito bites and ten year old girl pubis in trashy photos.

by Anonymousreply 1310/05/2013

What do Sinead, Miley & SNL all have in common?

Social irrelevance.

by Anonymousreply 1410/05/2013

Why do I suspect that some publicist of Miley's or SNL's has planted this rumor?

Because why else would anyone care about Miley Cyrus appearing on SNL.

by Anonymousreply 1510/05/2013

^ There is like 1 or 2 people here at DL that are absolutely convinced that SNL is the hippest, most happening thing on TV today.

Perhaps it is Lorne himself, I'm not quite sure, but the great thing about summer is not having to hear about this shit show ad nauseam.

[quote]There will be major blow back...

There won't be shit because no one watches.

by Anonymousreply 1610/05/2013

oh, Miley...

by Anonymousreply 1710/05/2013

Of course you will watch, r16. Who do you think you're kidding? And you will post about it here on DL. Phony.

by Anonymousreply 1810/05/2013

Miley Cyrus Killed it on SNL!!!!!! She's a smart girl and she carried herself perfectly. She did not do what you were all predicting = you sheep all got played. Just as she planned.

by Anonymousreply 1910/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!