Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why are so many runners insufferable TWATS?

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 1110/05/2013

[quote]I would find a 300lb fatty who decided to run a marathon in memory of her mom or to bring attention to his diabetic condition much more inspiring.

I would find that alarming. Such a person would be taking a serious risk at harming his or her health.

by Anonymousreply 110/05/2013

Because they believe themselves to be noble.

by Anonymousreply 210/05/2013

Running is inherently narcissistic, so it attracts a lot of narcissists and sociopaths.

by Anonymousreply 310/05/2013

R4, you must've truly loved that series of pharmercials a few years back in which each one actor after another would get up and announce in a stentorian manner, "I'm ready to Fight. My. Cancer."

Drove me nuts.

by Anonymousreply 510/05/2013

What's worse are the ones that Facebook post how far they've run every day, self-portraits of themselves in various yoga poses, and inspirational messages about running to their other running friends.

On the other hand, my extremely overweight cousin, who last year embarked on a healthy weight loss and get-in-shape program, completed her first 5K today. I'm very proud if her and she can post away.

by Anonymousreply 610/05/2013

R3, as a lifelong runner, I think I might have to agree with you to an extent. I recently became friends with this (gorgeous) guy I work with because we bonded through our mutual enjoyment of running. It occurred to me the other day that we're in a neverending pissing contest when it comes to updating each other on how many miles we've run, and how many seconds we've shaved off our paces.

I recently pegged him as a narcissist because he was bragging about running 2 miles at an impossibly fast pace (for him), but maybe I'm no better.

by Anonymousreply 710/05/2013

People run marathons if they are unlucky in love. It's too much a time commitment for snuggle bunnies.

by Anonymousreply 810/05/2013

Try being nice to one OP. You might be surprised at how they open up.

by Anonymousreply 910/05/2013

LMAO...as soon as I hit send the guy I was speaking of started texting me about running.

by Anonymousreply 1010/05/2013

OP will have egg on her face when they actually do it.

by Anonymousreply 1110/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.