Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why are so many runners insufferable TWATS?

[all posts by racist flame bait troll removed, ISP notified with full text of all posts.]

by Anonymousreply 1110/05/2013

[quote]I would find a 300lb fatty who decided to run a marathon in memory of her mom or to bring attention to his diabetic condition much more inspiring.

I would find that alarming. Such a person would be taking a serious risk at harming his or her health.

by Anonymousreply 110/05/2013

Because they believe themselves to be noble.

by Anonymousreply 210/05/2013

Running is inherently narcissistic, so it attracts a lot of narcissists and sociopaths.

by Anonymousreply 310/05/2013

R4, you must've truly loved that series of pharmercials a few years back in which each one actor after another would get up and announce in a stentorian manner, "I'm ready to Fight. My. Cancer."

Drove me nuts.

by Anonymousreply 510/05/2013

What's worse are the ones that Facebook post how far they've run every day, self-portraits of themselves in various yoga poses, and inspirational messages about running to their other running friends.

On the other hand, my extremely overweight cousin, who last year embarked on a healthy weight loss and get-in-shape program, completed her first 5K today. I'm very proud if her and she can post away.

by Anonymousreply 610/05/2013

R3, as a lifelong runner, I think I might have to agree with you to an extent. I recently became friends with this (gorgeous) guy I work with because we bonded through our mutual enjoyment of running. It occurred to me the other day that we're in a neverending pissing contest when it comes to updating each other on how many miles we've run, and how many seconds we've shaved off our paces.

I recently pegged him as a narcissist because he was bragging about running 2 miles at an impossibly fast pace (for him), but maybe I'm no better.

by Anonymousreply 710/05/2013

People run marathons if they are unlucky in love. It's too much a time commitment for snuggle bunnies.

by Anonymousreply 810/05/2013

Try being nice to one OP. You might be surprised at how they open up.

by Anonymousreply 910/05/2013 soon as I hit send the guy I was speaking of started texting me about running.

by Anonymousreply 1010/05/2013

OP will have egg on her face when they actually do it.

by Anonymousreply 1110/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!