Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Tori Spelling Flat Broke?

“Tori and Dean are going broke,” a close family insider tells Star. “They can’t keep up with the cost of living their famous Hollywood life, and it’s taking a huge emotional toll on them.”

While publicly, the couple grin and bear the homespun nature of their family life, behind closed doors, Tori, 40, and Dean, 46, agonize over how they’re going to raise their four kids. Uprooting their busy lives for the upcoming reality show, Tori & Dean: Cabin Fever, for example, was huge strain on the family. “And the sad thing is, they barely got any money for doing that show,” the insider explains, “But they have to take any opportunity that comes their way, because they are so desperate for money.”

“Tori didn’t get her fair share of her father’s wealth,” the insider says. “She struggled a lot financially but did manage to make ends meet from doing reality shows with Dean.” But as their family size increased [they have four children], so did their expenses, and Tori was forced to come up with creative ways to bring in more money: She wrote six books, launched a jewelry line with HSN, opened a furniture store and, most recently, started a children’s clothing line. “The money from Tori’s random business vantures helped to keep them afloat,” the source says. “But it wasn’t enough to maintain their lifestyle.”

Dean, meanwhile, has happily remained a stay-at-home dad throughout most of their marriage. But in recent years, the couple’s financial situation has become so dire, Dean is trying to contribute more. “He’s now trying to build a new career as a chef to provide for their family,” the friend say. “But he hasn’t come far enough to achieve any stability.”

As for Tori, “She is desperate and at a loss as to what to do,” the pal adds. “It’s not like she can just get a normal job, because she’s a celebrity.” She recently signed on to star in (and produce) a sitcom pilot for ABC Family. If the show gets picked up, it would represent the only steady income she’s seen in years. But the odds are stacked against her. According to The Hollywood Reporter, “In TV, something like 92 percent of all shows fail.”

by Anonymousreply 3411/19/2013

To help out, Dean could stop getting ugly tattoos and he could start some Cam4 work.

Tori just needs to wait a bit longer and then she could start a show with her kids and become the new Kris Jenner.

by Anonymousreply 110/05/2013

What happened to her jewelry business on one of the shopping channels? Some people do very well financially with that. I thought she was fairly successful. Did that implode?

by Anonymousreply 210/05/2013

Her husband could work, for starters. I would be licking Candy's bleached asshole if it would help part with her money.

by Anonymousreply 310/05/2013

Tori and Candy are on good terms now, does anyone really think she'd allow her daughter and grandchildren to live in poverty?

by Anonymousreply 410/05/2013

Whatever happened to her brother?

by Anonymousreply 510/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 710/05/2013

He fucked the right trollette. He'll never go hungry with all that Spelling money.

by Anonymousreply 810/07/2013

R8: she looks like Carol Channing in that picture.

by Anonymousreply 910/07/2013

I feel so sorry for them!

by Anonymousreply 1010/07/2013

If they had THAT much money would they be doing 4th rate reality shows?

by Anonymousreply 1110/07/2013

I just started reading her new book. She refers to Dean's first son as "our stepson". How is that not offensive to the kid, he is not Dean's stepson. How the hell did that get by the publisher?

by Anonymousreply 1211/18/2013

[quote] I just started reading her new book.

Wow. Why?

by Anonymousreply 1311/18/2013

Bitch has a new theme song:

by Anonymousreply 1411/18/2013

Did all of Aaron's money go to Candy?

by Anonymousreply 1511/18/2013

r15: Aaron left 800k to each kid. Since Randy's never been on the outs, I'd think this would indicate he fully expected Candy to carry on supporting them.

Candy has publicly blamed Tori for Aaron's death. Tori was refusing to speak to or see either parent in the months before he died. Candy says this broke his spirit and he wittled away and croaked. It's all very dramatic and soapy.

by Anonymousreply 1611/18/2013

800 K is not a gigantic sum, but you should be able to live off of it. Moreover, isn't 90210 still generating residuals?

by Anonymousreply 1711/18/2013

Tori seems like a narcissistic cunt to me. I'm not surprised she hastened her father's death, R16.

by Anonymousreply 1811/18/2013

"wittled away"? Huh?

by Anonymousreply 1911/18/2013

Live off of 800k in LA?? To make that money last, she can comfortably spend 40k per year. 50k if she is well invested in stocks, not bonds. Possible in Iowa or Pennsyltucky, not LA.

by Anonymousreply 2011/18/2013

She has other income, R20

by Anonymousreply 2111/18/2013

The kids are NOT cute, but they don't look like Tori. They all have beady, close-set eyes like their father.

by Anonymousreply 2211/18/2013

Did Dean have his vasectomy? Hahahaha

by Anonymousreply 2311/18/2013

What is the lesson learned?

NEVER BURN YOUR BRIDGES IN LIFE! Especially if that bridge leads from Poverty, USA to Billionaires Row.

by Anonymousreply 2411/18/2013

Is she a fat bloke?

by Anonymousreply 2511/18/2013

I'm laughing!

by Anonymousreply 2611/18/2013

If I were in her position, I'd cry poor in public in the hope that my incredibly wealthy mother would give me enough to live on.

And then I'd live on it.

by Anonymousreply 2711/18/2013

Candy has to be the cunt from hell to hang on to so much money and deny her kids and grandchildren. Its not normal. Watch the bitch leave her money to charity when she croaks.

by Anonymousreply 2811/19/2013

Candy was a call girl who became one of the richest bitches in Bel Air. Her marriage to Spelling was difficult. He preferred the type of girl Candy used to be and flaunted them in her face. If you listen to Candy, she comes off like the old hooker she is. Tori is obnoxious, and would have never been in showbiz if it weren't for her father. But Tori has drive and guts, much more than Mom, and she'll get what she wants. Eventually.

by Anonymousreply 2911/19/2013

what ever became of her first husband?

by Anonymousreply 3011/19/2013

More straight people with more children than they can afford. Deciding to become parents involves a little foresight, some ability or willingness to look ahead and figure out what your prospects are. If throwing your kids on the mercy of your not-so loving family constitutes your plan for parenthood, maybe you ought to look into contraception.

As for "maintaining their lifestylye," rich, ignorant no-talents are the only people who consider that a problem.

by Anonymousreply 3111/19/2013

I'd say I hope she goes hungry, but I think she's been hungry for like 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 3211/19/2013

R31 has nailed it. End of thread.

by Anonymousreply 3311/19/2013

They could do what other people who need money do ... get jobs.

They're both actors, right? Well, get acting bitches! Your children aren't going to ruin themselves.

by Anonymousreply 3411/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!