Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Doctor Who S1E1-13

I have watched S1 beginning with Rose and Now I find out that there are extra episodes besides the first 13. What are the extras after s1e13 and s2e1?

What am I missing.

BTW, I really liked the Eccleston/Barrowman kiss in s1e13

by Anonymousreply 310/05/2013

The only "extra" episodes which don't follow normal numbering are the Christmas specials.

There's one between seasons 1+2, which is when The Doctor changes to David Tenant. There's another between seasons 2+3, one between 3+4, etc etc.

Other than that, seasons 1-3 each have 13 eps, s4 has 18, then seasons 5-7 have 13 eps again.

However, there are also random specials sprinkled amongst the series: things like "The Ultimate Guide to Doctor Who", the "Monster Diaries", "Best ~xx~ Moments" (Cyberman, Xmas, whatever), and so on.

Around the time of season 4, there's a short animated series called The Infinite Quest.

Best of all, there's also a companion series made by BBC called "Doctor Who Confidential". It's just a little behind-the-scenes thing to accompany each ep.

Oh, and if you can find them, be sure to watch season 2's "Tardisodes". They're only about a minute long, and are more like trailers than anything else, but they have completely original footage/info that is not shown in the episodes.

by Anonymousreply 110/05/2013

Oh, and don't miss Captain Jack's spin-off series, "Torchwood".

Especially if you like to see guys making out (or fucking, in the case of season 4/Miracle Day).

by Anonymousreply 210/05/2013

Searching Torchwood...

by Anonymousreply 310/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!