Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Doctor Who S1E1-13

I have watched S1 beginning with Rose and Now I find out that there are extra episodes besides the first 13. What are the extras after s1e13 and s2e1?

What am I missing.

BTW, I really liked the Eccleston/Barrowman kiss in s1e13

by Anonymousreply 310/05/2013

The only "extra" episodes which don't follow normal numbering are the Christmas specials.

There's one between seasons 1+2, which is when The Doctor changes to David Tenant. There's another between seasons 2+3, one between 3+4, etc etc.

Other than that, seasons 1-3 each have 13 eps, s4 has 18, then seasons 5-7 have 13 eps again.

However, there are also random specials sprinkled amongst the series: things like "The Ultimate Guide to Doctor Who", the "Monster Diaries", "Best ~xx~ Moments" (Cyberman, Xmas, whatever), and so on.

Around the time of season 4, there's a short animated series called The Infinite Quest.

Best of all, there's also a companion series made by BBC called "Doctor Who Confidential". It's just a little behind-the-scenes thing to accompany each ep.

Oh, and if you can find them, be sure to watch season 2's "Tardisodes". They're only about a minute long, and are more like trailers than anything else, but they have completely original footage/info that is not shown in the episodes.

by Anonymousreply 110/05/2013

Oh, and don't miss Captain Jack's spin-off series, "Torchwood".

Especially if you like to see guys making out (or fucking, in the case of season 4/Miracle Day).

by Anonymousreply 210/05/2013

r2...{{{faint}}}

Searching Torchwood...

by Anonymousreply 310/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.