Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I just saw "Side Effects" on Netflix. BLAGH!

This Soderburgh director--I think he stinks. This film was the dullest release of the year. He doesn't know how to tell a story. He should be executed. What do you say?

by Anonymousreply 1210/05/2013

I thought I looked very young.

by Anonymousreply 110/04/2013

I don't get the big deal about Soderbergh either. He can make any subject as tedious as watching paint dry. Magic Mike was garbage, Side Effects middling at best, Bubble was some film student-level bullshit, The Girlfriend Experience was unwatchable. Behind The Candelabra was good, but only because of the cast. He still managed to suck the life out of the story.

by Anonymousreply 210/04/2013

Don't mean to spoil but wasn't there some controversy about the "crazy bisexual" trope being used again?

by Anonymousreply 310/04/2013

I haven't seen Side Effects yet, but the Limey, Out of Sight and Haywire were all worth watching. Contagion was competent.

by Anonymousreply 510/05/2013

I loved Out of Sight, and R5 is correct about Contagion. But Side Effects was one the dullest films I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 610/05/2013

He's definitely had more misses than hits. Pity.

by Anonymousreply 710/05/2013

[quote]This Soderburgh director--I think he stinks. This film was the dullest release of the year.

If you are speaking of him as if you've just heard of him, your opinion on film made in the last 30 years is utterly meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 810/05/2013

Steven Soderbergh is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 910/05/2013

Magic Mike was a better film.

by Anonymousreply 1010/05/2013

It was dreadful.

I actually forgot I saw it until I saw the title of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 1110/05/2013

I thought it started out interesting but the "surprising plot twists" were silly and have been used in other movies.

by Anonymousreply 1210/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!