Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Will Warren Beatty ever make another film ?

I hear he's ill, and think it would be sad if his last film was that awful " Town & Country" - and that was 12 years ago. He's 76 years old

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 2610/09/2013

A relative of mine worked for him several years ago in a production capacity. Suffice it to say, no, he will never make another movie.

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 110/04/2013

Why - you can't say that, and nothing else. Stroke ? Speech problem ? Trouble walking ? Please......details !!!

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 210/04/2013

Sometimes it's best not to keep your career in high gear.

I'd be quite fond of Shirley MacLaine, for instance, if she had retired after filming "What a Way to Go" back in 1964.

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 310/04/2013

Will Warren Beatty ever make another film?

Does anyone really care?

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 410/04/2013

A wheel chair documentary

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 510/04/2013

I hear he has marital trouble.

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 610/04/2013

"What a Way to Go" was scheduled to be Marilyn Monroe's next film after "Somethings Got to Give".

I would have LOVED to see her in it!

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 710/04/2013

Never understood his appeal

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 810/04/2013

R7 Really ? It was an awful film. Even Marilyn couldn't have saved it. And I believe if MM had lived, and finished " Somethings Got To Give", it would have been a flop too - much as "Move Over Darling" , the film it became, was.

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 910/04/2013

R1 I really would like to know what your relative said. Please !

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 1010/05/2013

The rumor is that he has dementia

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 1110/05/2013

I'm in the biz (behind the scenes) and word is that Warren has been suffering from Alzheimer's for quite a while and has really deteriorated in the last few years. I don't know if that's true (I hope not), but it is the word around town and has been for ten years or so.

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 1210/05/2013

I saw him at Barbra Streisand's concert at the Hollywood Bowl last fall. He was up and about and talking to people leading Annette by the hand. He seemed ok that night.

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 1310/05/2013

R13, Oh, shit. It is worse than I thought. You know something is seriously wrong if he's at a Babs concert!

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 1410/05/2013

[quote]Oh, shit. It is worse than I thought. You know something is seriously wrong if he's at a Babs concert!

It doesn't matter. He doesn't know he was there.

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 1510/05/2013

Is this him nude?

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 1610/05/2013

So Beatty & Nicholson now both have dementia/ alzheimers ? Who woulda thunk . But I did advise them not to make " The Fortune"

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 1710/05/2013

no r16...Beatty was taller and MUCH more beautiful when younger

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 1810/05/2013

Beatty and Nicholson probably both ended up with dementia/Alzheimer's from all that nasty poontang they ate over the decades. Pussy is jack-nasty! Their dementia is living proof that pussy kills! YUCK!

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 1910/05/2013

I offered him Kill Bill but he turned me down.

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 2010/05/2013

For a savvy operator Beatty lost the plot some time ago, with his dreadful LOVE AFFAIR, what a vanity project which he dragged Kate Hepburn into, and did anyone want to see his last films? He and Nicholson have been over a long time.

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 2110/05/2013

Warren was still trying to be the romantic interest, way past his prime, in "Love Affair". He was shot in shadows throughout the movie, to hide his wrinkles, and hairline. So silly. You can't be the handsome leading man still , at 57. It never works. Gary Cooper tried it in "Love In The Afternoon" at the same age, and people still comment how awkward it was. The only one who really ever pulled it off was Cary Grant, in "Charade", at age 59. And he insisted the script be changed to have the romantically aggressive lines all be said by Audrey Hepburn , reversing the roles, and making her, the predator. Because he was Cary Grant, and looked so great, and had so much charm, & his typical great sense of humor - it worked.

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 2210/05/2013

R22, the ONLY star who aged to perfection was Cary Grant. Not even Clark Gable aged as well. By their mid 50's all the leading men from the golden age were grizzled and past their prime for the romantic roles, at least the kinds of characters that Hollywood churned out back then. Perhaps it was all the smoking and drinking and drugging, the "life of a star" they lived. It aged them badly.

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 2310/05/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 2410/05/2013

I lost my mind years ago. Why did it take Warren so long ?

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 2510/05/2013

Sorry, I was away from the board for a few days and didn't know there were follow-ups. My relative described him as "dithering," which meant he went around the office sticking his finger in all the pies but couldn't make a decision about anything. He'd ask a million questions, most of them irrelevant, and when people asked for input, none was ever forthcoming. My relative didn't think he was senile, just always had a million things on his mind and couldn't focus on any of them. My relative actually liked him a lot, and said Anette was sweet, charming and very down to earth. He told my relative, vis a vis his womanizing, that though a person doesn't change, their behavior can change, meaning, though he still wanted to sleep around as much as ever, he had turned his back on that side of his life.

He probably still has a production office someplace, but one by one his staff left, frustrated because nothing ever got made.

Oh, and the Beattys had a home damaged in one of the earthquakes out there. He had the same problem with getting it repaired. Wouldn't make a decision and wouldn't let Annette do it by herself, so they just wound up buying a new house, and the other one has sat empty and damaged for years.

by Kathlyn.....I mean Stephen Beattyreply 2610/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.