Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

If Obamacare goes before the Supreme Court again, and the Supreme Court says that you can't penalize those with no health care

Then is Obamacare really a law? Wouldn't it just be a program?

by Anonymousreply 3210/05/2013

Why would it go before the court again?

by Anonymousreply 210/04/2013

The next Supreme Court nightmare for Obamacare is that the individual mandate was declared by the Supremes as "a tax".

All tax bills MUST originate in the House.

Obamacare originated in the Senate.

It will be struck down on this.

by Anonymousreply 310/04/2013

Struck down, r3? The entire thing?

by Anonymousreply 410/04/2013

The aca is a law with multiple parts. Parts can be struct down as unconstitutional but not the whole, it has already passed the litmus test of house, senate, signed by president, challenged and ruled constitutional.

by Anonymousreply 610/04/2013

I think the Supremes would have ruled on that when they had a chance, if they thought the point was valid. I don't think this particular issue ever gets near the top court.

by Anonymousreply 710/04/2013

I don't have insurance and I've been paying out of pocket the last couple of years. Now I have new symptoms. Complete loss of feeling in the belly and rectum (I know). Night sweats, hot flashes (new), and a lump under my chin that feels like a grape (just found yesterday). The doctors couldn't figure out what it is when I went in with MS-like symptoms and 1.5 year ankle swelling (over 2 now). No, I'm not fat, old, or a hypochondriac. I was wheezing, at some and swollen at ALL of my appts...the doctors just didn't know why. I spent so much money on doctors and tests. Now, I think whatever it is will have to become more advanced so the doctor orders the right test to find it. I fear it already has.

by Anonymousreply 1410/04/2013

Obamacare would be turned from a law into a suggestion.

by Anonymousreply 1510/04/2013

The Supreme Court cannot rule on an action that is yet to take place. There is a very significant chance that once the tax, fine or mandate is actually enforced this could go back through the courts again. The Supreme Court would have much more authority once a tax or fine is actually levied. This is not over.

by Anonymousreply 1710/04/2013

R18, you do know the IRS is in charge of enforcement right??

by Anonymousreply 2110/04/2013

another idiotic thread, being bumped in the wee hours.

hmmmmmm....

by Anonymousreply 3010/05/2013

I still can't understand how one person can be taxed/fined and another not, by fiat of the President. No one even suggests this might be wrong. Is it because he's black?

by Anonymousreply 3110/05/2013

omg r31. a new low in ignorance, even for you.

fiat?

it was passed into a bill by BOTH houses of congress, then became LAW, then the highest court in the land vetted it and upheld it as law.

Remember?

Obviously not. I think you are not even american, so why do you care so much?

(as if i didn't know...$$$$$)

by Anonymousreply 3210/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.