Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Your friend says she'd love to take you to dinner on your birthday anywhere you want...

And you decide upon Indian food. Then she says, "I don't know, my bf may not want to do that. You know he's a picky eater."

Do I say, "It's not your bf's birthday" or make another restaurant choice? I'm a bit annoyed.

by Anonymousreply 2510/04/2013

If it were me, I'd laugh at her and say: "So by anywhere I want, you really mean anywhere I want that your bf would like too?"

by Anonymousreply 110/04/2013

"Then he can stay home! It's my birthday, not his"

by Anonymousreply 210/04/2013

You can do exactly as r2 says or come up with other ideas and then see if they get veto'd too.

I love Indian, but if it were my birthday, I probably wouldn't suggest it.

Especially if you're hitting the bars after...

by Anonymousreply 310/04/2013

"Oh, did I invite your boyfriend?"

by Anonymousreply 410/04/2013

What a bitch. I hate it when people do this shit.

by Anonymousreply 510/04/2013

Someone will take you anywhere you want to go, and you choose [italic]Indian food[/italic]? Your friend needs a new friend.

by Anonymousreply 610/04/2013

This sounds like my horrible family. If it isn't a chain restaurant that serves microwaved crap and offers an over-priced chicken caesar salad for my fussy 40-year-old (not four, forty) sister-in-law, it doesn't exist. My unnecessary, unwanted gift once was a birthday dinner at Chilis... motherfucking Chilis! My favorite food on earth is Burmese tea leaf salad, which they all know about (and refuse to try), and yet they took me to Chilis -- possibly the worst chain restaurant in existence -- and expected me to be thrilled. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 710/04/2013

Well, will the Bf fuck you?

by Anonymousreply 810/04/2013

Shutup, R6. I love Indian, haven't had it in a few years and it's more reasonable. None of us are wealthy. So since I haven't said it to her, I'll say it to you, "It's MY birthday."

by Anonymousreply 910/04/2013

Oh shaddup and stick to your p b and j with the crusts cut off, R6

by Anonymousreply 1010/04/2013

What a tasteless fuck. Father was the same way.

by Anonymousreply 1110/04/2013

Yes, R10, because those are the only two choices in life, Indian food or PB&J.

You thought you were going to be a cunt, but only came off as a moron. Poor you.

by Anonymousreply 1210/04/2013

Why do women have to do EVERYTHING with their boyfriends or husbands?

by Anonymousreply 1310/04/2013

OP, offer him a 3-way if he lets you decide the restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 1410/04/2013

I wouldn't take you anywhere op, you fucking rigid little bitch. Get a pizza and sit home by yourself.

by Anonymousreply 1510/04/2013

Why does the boyfriend have to come? It's YOUR birthday.

by Anonymousreply 1610/04/2013

Under no circumstances should you go out with these people on your birthday. You will end up doing THEM a favor on YOUR birthday and you won't feel good about it.

Tell them thanks anyway, but you've decided to make other plans for your birthday.

by Anonymousreply 1710/04/2013

1) Pick whatever restaurant you like.

2) Her BF can decide IF he wants to come OR NOT.

It's not that difficult.

by Anonymousreply 1810/04/2013

Women need to grow a fucking spine, and their boyfriends need to grow up and learn eat-habits that are fitting of grown men, not 4 year olds.

by Anonymousreply 1910/04/2013

She's not really your friend, is she?

Because friends don't act like that.

by Anonymousreply 2010/04/2013

Ask her if you get to choose the menu for his birthday.

by Anonymousreply 2110/04/2013

[quote]If it were me, I'd laugh at her and say: "So by anywhere I want, you really mean anywhere I want that your bf would like too?"

I would have said just as R1 suggests, but added "Maybe another time, then, but I'll sit this one out and you two can do as you please."

by Anonymousreply 2210/04/2013

OP hadn't had Indian "in a few years"? Where doses she live, inside the arctic circle?

by Anonymousreply 2310/04/2013

It's my party, and I'll queen if I want to!

by Anonymousreply 2410/04/2013

It is a free meal, choose another place.

by Anonymousreply 2510/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!