Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Has anyone come into your life who could be a reincarnation of someone you once knew?

For me, it's my BF's male cousin, Anders. He is smart, salt-of-the-earth, kind, funny, good people. The kind of guy who makes anyone feel great about themselves.

He is also about 400#s and carried a few issues around, himself. Though you would never know about them.

Anders was born in 1983 which is the year my older brother died at the age of 16 due to an eating disorder.

When I'm around Anders, all I can think of is my brother. He looks like him physically - cherubic, chubby face and wonderful sweet personality.

After he leaves from a family gathering, I sometimes take a walk and just cry. I miss my brother so much, and Anders feels like he was here.

by Anonymousreply 2010/07/2013

I had a friend whose last name was the same as mine. It's a fairly uncommon name. Anyway, the minute we met, we took an instant dislike to each other. But we were constantly placed in social situations together because we had a lot of the same friends, one friend in particular.

I didn't really hate the guy. I just thought he was a nasty bitch. He WAS a nasty bitch. But only to me. He moved away. I didn't miss him.

I frequently thought we must have been related several generations ago, back in the old country.

by Anonymousreply 110/06/2013

In the old country

by Anonymousreply 210/06/2013

Yes, multiple people. Like R1, several of these people have rubbed me the wrong way and it feels as if I'm here to resolve issues with these people from past lives.

I also have a friend , we are not really in contact anymore, but I always felt like I'd known him from another time. Can't explain why. No logic, just a feeling when our eyes met.

Also, my niece. She's a child (6), but she very maternal toward me. She was born shortly after my grandfather died. She's got a very angelic way about her. It's difficult to put into words.

by Anonymousreply 310/06/2013

I think op is referring to people you've known in THIS life coming back as someone else.

OP, I think you're lucky you loved your brother so much.

by Anonymousreply 410/06/2013

OP, have you ever told Anderson how much he reminds you if your beloved lost brother? And told him of the hope you have that his life is happier than your brother's?

by Anonymousreply 510/06/2013

Seek professional help, OP

by Anonymousreply 610/06/2013

Evening bump.

by Anonymousreply 710/07/2013

When you die, you no longer exist. I know you all hate that truth, everyone does. It is the truth, though.

by Anonymousreply 810/07/2013

OP = proud frau-phag owner of the Deluxe DVD set of 'Touched by an Angel.'

Go back to your scrapbooking, Mary Sue.

by Anonymousreply 910/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 1010/07/2013

R8, Then prove it.

by Anonymousreply 1110/07/2013

some pets

by Anonymousreply 1210/07/2013

Wouldn't mention it to the young man; too young to have that kind of baggage suggested to him.

Whether deja vu is just brain chemistry fooling us into believing something is familiar with no basis for that connection, or something else, something that materialists would skoff at, a guy with issues doesn't need the idea that he's been here before -and come to a sad end- in his operating system.

Must be very bittersweet, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1310/07/2013

R11 You can't prove it. It's the final mystery. There is no sufficient proof for materialists.

All of us, all matter and energy, existed as one thing prior to the Big Bang. We're arranged differently now, but it's a closed system.

If our loves, sorrows, joys and dreams are just irrelevant trivialities that come to naught...I'd rather not know, and just carry on living in time.

by Anonymousreply 1410/07/2013

My sister's friend went to see the Dalai Lama. He was in a crowd of people and the Dalai Lama went over to him, took his hand and said nice to see you again. My sister's friend was thunderstruck, had never met him before. Either he was a reincarnation of Dalai's friend or it was mistaken identity. Personally, I think it's a practical joke Dalai plays on people for his own amusement.

by Anonymousreply 1510/07/2013

Gurl, you gots some issues.

by Anonymousreply 1610/07/2013

Stay away from me.

by Anonymousreply 1710/07/2013

Not a person, but my dog. I own a small breed dog, and it has some odd connection to my friend. Whenever he see my friend the dog becomes estatic, he adores my friend. When it is time to leave, the dog actually cries out like his heart is breaking. I have owned dogs all my life but have never seen behavior that extreme. (Dog treats have nothing to do with this)

Without me suggesting it, my friend even has started to believe there is some sort of reincarnation involved. The poor dog acts like he wants to tell us something so badly, it is sad to watch. It is like watching a lover/family member being ripped away from a loved one.

by Anonymousreply 1810/07/2013

R18, there could be some sort of reincarnation involved, or maybe it's just that your friend emits the same pheromones that a bitch in heat does

by Anonymousreply 1910/07/2013

My cat. My beloved girl died almost two years ago. A stray kitten showed up a couple of weeks ago and is so much like her it's uncanny. Not just in cat ways (I have two others who are nothing at all like my deceased cat) but his personality and mannerisms. He doesn't look like her at all.

by Anonymousreply 2010/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.