Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

When I hear of a couple renewing their wedding vows, I assume that their marriage is in serious trouble,

Agree or disagree?

by Anonymousreply 1510/04/2013

Agree. And most of the time it ends shortly thereafter.

by Anonymousreply 110/04/2013

Agree. It's like they need to remind themselves of the vows they already made.

by Anonymousreply 210/04/2013

I wish I could like this on Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 310/04/2013

Going to conseling is also a red flag things are going to end soon

by Anonymousreply 410/04/2013

Phil 'n' Miss Kay.

But I think there is more to the story there.

by Anonymousreply 510/04/2013

It's a few steps below the desperate grand gesture to save a relationship of getting a tattoo of the other person's name or face.

by Anonymousreply 610/04/2013

My parents did that and they were married 50 years. Died within a year of each other.

So fuck off

by Anonymousreply 710/04/2013

Are you sure they were really married?

Maybe they just got married, you bastard!

by Anonymousreply 810/04/2013

It's meaningful to do it at a 50th wedding anniversary. It just seems odd if there isn't such a huge milestone.

This thread reminds me of the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Larry and Cheryl renew their vows. It very nearly ruined their marriage at the time since Larry didn't want to commit to a lifetime together in "eternity."

by Anonymousreply 910/04/2013

They've gone through a rough patch and they're "working through the pain".

by Anonymousreply 1010/04/2013

I knew a couple that renewed their vows at the 5 yr mark but it was a surprise to the wife , they are still married ....

Didn't Fergus renew her vows with josh doody face after he cheated with a hooker within the first year of marriage ?

Vicki and Don from real housewives OC are the epitome of OPs post.

by Anonymousreply 1110/04/2013

Not true in the case of my parents, OP. They're sickeningly in love still and had their vows renewed 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 1210/04/2013

It means she gets to screw her tennis instructor and he gets to bang his secretary with no harm, no foul.

by Anonymousreply 1310/04/2013

Perfect example of someone who needed to renew their wedding vows:

by Anonymousreply 1410/04/2013

I've always been really cynical about any wedding renewal, but I've had to eat my words. It can be really meaningful in the right circumstances,

My sister and her husband renewed their wedding vows five years ago. It was a way of celebrating 20 happy years of marriage and her surviving cancer. It was a beautiful and emotional ceremony, a great party, and they are still very happy.

I think it has to be a significant celebration of a happy relationship, not a way of patching things up, and only done once.

Heidi and Seal's need to renew their marriage vows every year always seemed desperate.

by Anonymousreply 1510/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!