Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Transsexual, 44, elects to die by euthanasia after botched sex-change operation turned him into a 'monster'

This broke my heart :(

by Anonymousreply 2010/04/2013

[quote]Last week it emerged that a staggering one in 30 deaths in the Netherlands are now from euthanasia, after Dutch government allowed mobile death squads to kill sick and elderly people in their homes.

Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 110/03/2013

Hmmm, his reasoning seems kind of superficial. There is a lot more to life than what your privates look like.

by Anonymousreply 210/03/2013

Can you imagine if they got the wrong address? Fuck that.

by Anonymousreply 310/03/2013

Aren't these two different issues? I feel bad that the transman thought he was a "monster". He looked like a normal enough human being to me, hardly different from an impotent natural man, really. I imagine he could easily have found a girlfriend and many friends.

R1 I would hardly call them "death squads", more like angels of mercy in many cases. I'm sure we have similar rates of suicide in the US except people are forced to do horrific things like jump in front of trains and can't talk to anyone about it. That is the real horror.

by Anonymousreply 410/03/2013

The Daily Mail swings to the right, so of course they would misinform about euthanasia.

by Anonymousreply 510/03/2013

[quote] rates of suicide in the US except people are forced to do horrific things like jump in front of trains and can't talk to anyone about it

indeed, death by firearm in the US is in the majority self-inflicted.

by Anonymousreply 610/03/2013

The Mail isn't even so much rightwing as it is the world's first (?) troll newspaper. Referring to euthanasia practitioners as "mobile death squads"? Come on, now.

by Anonymousreply 710/03/2013

My god. This is absolutely horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 810/03/2013

Did anybody notice all the teddy bears and teddy paraphernalia he was surrounded by in his bedroom? Something seems very psychologically off about that.

by Anonymousreply 910/03/2013

The medical community botched the procedure and then got rid of the evidence by allowing this suicide to take place. Are they going to let people who get disfigured in accidents, fires, etc kill themselves too? These people need therapy, compassion, and support. Not someone saying "Yeah, go ahead and kill yourself"

by Anonymousreply 1010/03/2013

This is one of the reasons I'm uncomfortable playing along with the fantasy that one can just 'transition'. The percentage of people who regret the surgery is quite high. Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 1110/03/2013

"'My new breasts did not match my expectations and my new penis had symptoms of rejection. I do not want to be... a monster.' "

So it wasn't that his new genitals were eaten by a flesh-eating bacteria, they just didn't match his expectations. I agree that there serious psychological problems at work here, not medical malpractice.

So yes, it does worry me that the transsexual community puts so much emphasis on surgery, which can be so dangerous or disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 1210/04/2013

Well he WAS over 40...

by Anonymousreply 1310/04/2013

r14, I thought you were joking about dilation. That makes me even sadder. You're just battling your body when you have this surgery.

by Anonymousreply 1710/04/2013

But if they're pretty like April Ashley, it's ok, right?

by Anonymousreply 1810/04/2013

Wow, I did not know that, r14.

by Anonymousreply 1910/04/2013

[quote]The medical community botched the procedure and then got rid of the evidence

The 'medical community' can not create a penis from skin. The best they can do is make a fake skin appendage that resembles a real penis. This poor soul was expecting a kind of miracle that's just not medically or biologically possible.

by Anonymousreply 2010/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.