Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bears are the queeniest queens of them all

Big flabby Mary's into leather and body hair and drinking beer. They look like average Joe's until they open their mouth and geez, what a bunch of BIG girleenas. What gives?

by Anonymousreply 3510/15/2013

they are cliquish and unfriendly

by Anonymousreply 110/03/2013

Omg r2, so true. I'm friends with a "big flabby Mary", he has the best heart of anyone I know.

by Anonymousreply 310/03/2013

Gays! Gays! Stop this! You're all bitchy!

by Anonymousreply 510/03/2013

they are, but the bears are VERY ruthless

by Anonymousreply 610/03/2013

untrue. it the leather queens. and i do mean QUEENS.

by Anonymousreply 710/03/2013

[quote]everyone in the gay community is cliquish and unfriendly. It's like an over-sized high school full of catty bitches, desperate wannabes and nasty cheerleaders. Welcome to reality: many fags have the worst traits of men, and the worst traits of women.

Well then, I don't want them around my children! So the Nazis were right to send them to the gas chambers?

by Anonymousreply 810/03/2013

Leather can smell so nasty.

by Anonymousreply 1110/04/2013

Kan vee jus gaz zem?!

by Anonymousreply 1210/04/2013

Bears have a hierarchy just like the rest of the gay community. All based on prettiness and muscle.

by Anonymousreply 1310/04/2013

Do enlighten us, R13

by Anonymousreply 1410/04/2013

I can't stand men who think they're so above such things as judging someone based on looks. Bears are no better than anyone else. If they were presented with a choice, they would go with the younger, thinner, more handsome one. Every time. Yes, sometimes people will 'settle' for older, fatter, and uglier, just because they don't want to be alone forever. Those who don't settle usually end up alone. The very lucky few will find their exact match in terms of relative attractiveness, and hope that neither one of them will get fat before they die.

Truth.

by Anonymousreply 1510/15/2013

Leather is such pathetic "compensation" for a perceived lack of masculinity

by Anonymousreply 1610/15/2013

R15, that is not true.

by Anonymousreply 1710/15/2013

I guess you've never seen bears in action during Bear Week in PTown, R17.

by Anonymousreply 1810/15/2013

My internet cache completely begs to differ, r15.

by Anonymousreply 1910/15/2013

And these types are the cuntiest,nastiest,faggiest and most supremacist of them ALL.

by Anonymousreply 2010/15/2013

Some are queeny, some aren't.

Just like any other gay subculture.

But you knew that and are just being a drama queen, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2110/15/2013

I like the fact that that there plenty of nerds and geeks among the Bears, you don't see that a lot among other gays. Circuit queens, fashionistas and opera-obsessives are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 2210/15/2013

In my personal experience bears are no better than any other bitchy cliquish queen or 13 year old girl. Sometimes they're worse because there's a level of insecurity and a defensiveness because of the rejection they've previously faced from normal-sized men who shave.

I have told this story several times on Datalounge but I'll tell it again:

Several years ago I was in a gay bar. I was feeling good and happy and I made the enormous mistake of smiling at a handsome bear-type guy. The bitch actually SNEERED at me and turned his back to me and rejoined his group of bear friends (ALL his friends were white bears, there was no diversity in that group whatsoever).

All I did was smile. I didn't try to talk to him and I certainly wasn't interested in picking him up. I just thought he was cute, so I smiled. And there's nothing obviously wrong with me or the way I look. I'm cute-ish, but I'm short and slim. Definitely not a bear, and apparently not within the group of people he feels he's permitted to be civil with.

A normal person would have smiled back and maybe even nodded hello. But not this queen. He had to behave like the worst mean girl you knew in high school

by Anonymousreply 2310/15/2013

Bears suck. But the worst are the muscle bears. The queens who were twinks 20 years ago and now work the hairy beefy look because they are older.

LA is lousy with them. So is Dallas.

There is a clique of them here in NYC - you see them out at Urban Bear events and The Eagle on Sundays. A bigger bunch of queeny douchebags would be very hard to find.

No wonder most of my friends are straight.

by Anonymousreply 2410/15/2013

There's definitely a hierarchy in the bear scene, and a sizable contingent of traveling whores who attend all the bear events. They are similar to the leather scene sash queens. All about being put on a pedestal and getting attention so they can get more cock. They travel thousands of miles to be reunited with their fellow whores.

monogamy is uncommon even among the married guys, or the guys who gush on and on about how great their bf is. yet they jump on whatever cock around and engage in risky sex / take loads.

these queens feed on their own. they are welcoming and friendly if you're hot, but will use you up, pass you around, and discard you in 18-24 months, once everyone has stuck their dick in ya or the next hotter dude comes along.

by Anonymousreply 2510/15/2013

It's strange to me that (presumably) adult men seem so damaged by interactions with rude or unpleasant people. A guy turns away from you at the bar after you smile at him? Get the fuck over it and move on! Why carry that pain and hurt with you forever?

by Anonymousreply 2610/15/2013

Queeny Bitches

by Anonymousreply 2710/15/2013

Some body builders "Look like Tarzan, Sound Like Jane."

by Anonymousreply 2810/15/2013

The OP's post is just another run of the mill homophobic post from a self loathing gay man. "Bears" are merely a cache of perhaps hairy, perhaps a bit overweight or even muscles group or gay men who are into their own physical type and at times get together in groups for fun and games. They are no more "queeny" which is only bad if you are homophobic, they are no more bitchy, which is for the disgruntle homophobes in our midst, no more mean, no more good looking and no more bad looking. The are simply hair, a bit overweight of muscled and like to have fun, as do most people.

Internalized homophobia and an unfortunate human need to dehumanize fellow humans on display as per usual on DL to show the world that gay men and lesbians are just as angry and prejudices as the mainstream, against their own even!

by Anonymousreply 2910/15/2013

sorry for all the typos above- the phone rang before I reflexively sent!

by Anonymousreply 3010/15/2013

This all has very little to do with being gay or what 'type of gay' you belong to.

Straight men and women get burned, used and rejected just as much by the opposite sex. Human behaviour isn't defined by sexual orientation. Age can be a factor, younger people tend to have less empathy and life experience, this sometimes makes them callous toward others.

If you are in your early twenties, just don't expect too much from your peers, they are still growing up.

Gays expect too much of other gays, which is understandable, but you have to realise that just because someone has the same orientation as yourself doesn't mean you automatically have a bond. People in general are indifferent to other people.

by Anonymousreply 3110/15/2013

Every bear I've known has said they identify with the bear community because they don't have feminine traits or understand fem guys. They embrace masculinity. Of course they speak with a gay lisp or have effeminate mannerisms, they just don't believe it.

by Anonymousreply 3210/15/2013

R25 touched on one of the things that annoys me most about the Bear subculture. I've been in a truly monogamous relationship for many, many years. And my partner & I do look the part of typical middle age bears. We've gone to Bear Week in Ptown for the past few year, and we've had a ball. Except for the fact that most bear couples are very whorish, and supposedly 'happily partnered' guys will blatantly hit on either me or my partner with great frequency. I'm not saying that we're gorgeous or irresistible - we're just average, nice, respectful guys who want to be treated the same.

I've been mistaken to think that bears will respect the fact that we are monogamous, but they typically act like we're being coy and don't really mean it. A lot of bears say they are just looking for friends, but then they start groping and doing other things that are pretty inappropriate. Why can't they calm down and stop being such horn dogs? It makes me want to stop going to these Bear events.

by Anonymousreply 3310/15/2013

r33, you are confusing "bear events" with "gay events". men are ALL horndogs, so unclutch your pearls, and simply state "thanks, i'm flattered but i prefer to be monogamous".

ps- OP is a self-loathing shit stirrer. webmaster, delete this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 3410/15/2013

OP, why do you stupidly apostrophize the plurals of "Mary" and "Joe"?

And why do you ask the question of "Why are these people like these people"?

We might well ask why you are an asshole and get the same answer. Because you are.

by Anonymousreply 3510/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.