Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BOMBSHELL! Hot Mic Catches Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell’s Plan To Destroy America!

Even though he knew he was mic’d for sound and is even seen on tape telling fellow Kentucky Senator Rand Paul as much, a new video is circulating the Internet wherein the two Republican Kentuckians talk about their political strategy in terms of the government shutdown. In the video, we hear McConnell and Paul confidently tell each other that their strategy of telling people they’re willing to negotiate is better than the president saying he will not negotiate over Obamacare.

If ever you wanted proof that this government shutdown is a political move and nothing else, you’ve found your evidence encapsulated in this clip that’s just under a minute long. “… well I know we don’t want to be here, but we’re gonna win this I think,” says Senator Paul in the exchange at one point. So now we know without a doubt the GOP themselves knows this was a stupid mistake, and now it’s a matter of trying to “message” their way out of a political catastrophe. Only time will tell, but polls heading into the shutdown put most of the blame on the GOP, so why that would change now is unclear, but apparently these two senators think it will.

by Anonymousreply 1810/06/2013

This will be all over the evening news tonight.

All over!

by Anonymousreply 210/03/2013

It's hilarious that Rand thinks they'll "win" this thing if they just say they tried to compromise, that is some BULLSHIT.

by Anonymousreply 310/03/2013

Nobody 'wins', in anything the Repukes ever....except corporate interests and uber rich folks. Period.

by Anonymousreply 410/03/2013

Bump

by Anonymousreply 510/03/2013

Is this really a surprise?

by Anonymousreply 610/03/2013

I can't get over the hair.

by Anonymousreply 710/03/2013

Didn't Mitch McConnell and his campaign staff get surreptitiously taped during a strategy meeting earlier in the year? He said some embarrassing things. Can't remember the particulars, though. You'd think the guy would be more careful after his experience. In front of cameras and wearing a mike?

by Anonymousreply 810/03/2013

Please refrain from using the word "bombshell."

by Anonymousreply 910/03/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 1010/04/2013

If it isn't about Miley Cyrus, nobody cares.

by Anonymousreply 1110/04/2013

Hate hearing McConnell's voice.

Sounds like he's trying to talk with something stuffed down his throat.

by Anonymousreply 1210/04/2013

Has Mitch ever not looked like that?

by Anonymousreply 1310/04/2013

...and while this was on websites (both CNN and MSNBC had front-page links to this story), they were in the margins, and never really made much of a splash in the news.

Does anyone else think that's interesting in and of itself?

Imagine the massive media outrage if democrats had been caught doing/saying something similar!

by Anonymousreply 1410/06/2013

Well, R15, we've established over and over that Pubbies have a different set of rules than the rest of us. They're allowed to say incredibly stupid things, and no one ever holds them to account (the press? Ha!). Pubbies can arrange for diaper-clad trysts with prostitutes on the floor of the Senate... and nary a squeek. Pubbies take bribes, and the DOJ looks the other way. Another day, another Pubbie non-scandal scandal.

by Anonymousreply 1510/06/2013

So how do we go about changing that?

by Anonymousreply 1610/06/2013

Well, I don't really know how to answer that, R17. We've tried facts, reason and logic; the response was for the teatard crowd and the radical xtians before them to sublimate empirical truth to religious and Biblical-inspired belief, and it's much easier to rely on faith (which requires no independent thought or analysis) than education (which requires actual work). And once they dumbed down their audience -- if they ever were not as ignorant and lacking curiosity -- they were easy to manipulate.

Less intelligent people also resent the rewards that intelligence offers, from better lives, to money, to status, and more. And therefor, we've developed a political elite that, while Ivy-league educated and attaining all the perks that that accords, choose to play down their credentials in favor of appealing to the lowest comment denominator. I'm thinking of Cruz (Harvard) and W (Yale) before him. Don't think for a minute that these politicians aren't smart.

I'm left with what I euphemistically call using their religion against them. It isn't hard to destroy someone's belief system, just time consuming. Get to know them; they always reveal their tells, and then it's a matter of pushing the right buttons. Obama used this technique during both elections, bypassing mass media for one-on-one contact. Gays coming out is also another example of this in practice. People are still more subject to influence through personal contact.

Maybe the answer is that simple; if every liberal and progressive made an effort to reach out to a conservative friend or relative, we could turn the tide back in favor of the people and away from corporations and the extremely wealthy. While it may be simple, it won't be easy. But I don't know what choice we have; the American way of life is circling the toilet bowl and about to disappear down the drain.

by Anonymousreply 1710/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!