Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Geeks Out

Has anyone here ever been to a GeeksOut event? They're sponsoring a happy hour in DC and I'm debating whether or not I should go...

I kind of figured it'd be a good way to maybe meet some people with similar interests...but of course I'm wondering if there will be any cute guys!

by Anonymousreply 1110/06/2013

Everybody's a "geek" nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 110/03/2013

I wish being a 'nerd' had been cool when I was a kid.

by Anonymousreply 610/04/2013

R5, it may be because a lot of people are tired of every movie coming out having to do with superheroes and sci-fi.

Maybe try to not label yourself as the member of a subgroup, and behaving as an outsider, because that can alienate you to other people. People are more alike than they are different. Try to talk to them about different things and find a common ground. You may not have the same taste in movies or books, but you may be able to relate to them on a more substantial level.

by Anonymousreply 710/04/2013

R7 = Pollyanna

by Anonymousreply 810/04/2013

R7, if only you could understand just how clueless and condescending you sound.

by Anonymousreply 910/06/2013

Just go, if you have never been, OP. You may really enjoy yourself and, if not, you can leave.

by Anonymousreply 1010/06/2013

R10 gives good advice.

R7 apparently can't read, as he castigates an individual obvious to the fact that the individual wasn't making claims about how HE perceives and acts, but how OTHERS perceive and act towards him.

by Anonymousreply 1110/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!