Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Leonardo DiCaprio has better chemistry with Tobey Maguire than Carey Mulligan in "The Great Gatsby"

Serious eye fucking, and lots of long looks.

I was waiting for Brokeback Gatsby, but....

Poor Carey. Not even a dreamy, sweeping song by Lana Del Rey could save the bad casting.

by Anonymousreply 2505/16/2014

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 110/03/2013

Carey Mulligan had great chemistry with Peter Sarsgaard in "An Education." I don't think she's the problem.

by Anonymousreply 210/03/2013

Mulligan doesn't have titties, and looks like a boy. How could any straight man have "chemistry" with her?

Besides, after seeing her in a number of movies, I have to say i found her acting terribly mannered.

by Anonymousreply 310/03/2013

That movie was soooooo awful. So much money spent for such a cheap ass looking piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 410/03/2013

R2 may have a point. She was perfect in "An Education".

by Anonymousreply 510/03/2013

I can't watch it, sounds awful. Could only get through half the '70's Mia Farrow version.

I've read the book about a dozen times.

by Anonymousreply 610/03/2013

Has there ever been a good Daisy? Betty Field was the original Daisy in the 48 film version! So bland and pallid. And while I like Mia Farrow for her humanitarian efforts, her Daisy was also mediocre. And now Carey...

by Anonymousreply 710/03/2013

I'm confused why you were talking about straight men R3, this post is about DiCaprio.

by Anonymousreply 810/03/2013

That's sensible.

Leo has fucked Tobey. I doubt he's fucked Carey.

by Anonymousreply 910/03/2013

The book is simply unfilmable. It works as a book because of the beauty of FSF's writing, which is not translatable onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 1010/03/2013

"Mulligan doesn't have titties, and looks like a boy."

That was the fashion in the 1920s, full-busted women wore chest binders to give them that boyish look. But it's an actor's job to look like they love and lust after whoever is cast opposite him, regardless of boob size.

Has DiCaprio ever had serious chemistry with a woman, as an adult?

by Anonymousreply 1110/03/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1210/03/2013

He also had better chemistry with Guillaume Canet than with Virginie Ledoyen in The Beach, although they are supposed to be rivals in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 1310/03/2013

Carey Mulligan was in Gatsby? I don't remember her. What part did she play?

by Anonymousreply 1410/03/2013

[quote]Mulligan doesn't have titties, and looks like a boy. How could any straight man have "chemistry" with her?

Wow, you sound like such an expert on what attracts straight men. We've got a veritable Alfred Kinsey right here.

by Anonymousreply 1510/03/2013

I've seen most of Leo's films. The only chemistry he had on screen with a woman is in the film "Body of Lies" with the arab woman who played the nurse. Other than that, he usually has zero chemistry with his female co-stars. In Titanic him and Kate Winslet seemed more like brother and sister than lovers.

by Anonymousreply 1610/03/2013

She does a great Scottish accent!

by Anonymousreply 1710/03/2013

Saw it on the plane this weekend & wow it BLEW - who played daisy's husband? He at least showed emotion ..

by Anonymousreply 1810/03/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1910/03/2013

He had very good chemistry with Kate Winslet in 'Revolutionary Road', both gave their best performances imho.

by Anonymousreply 2010/07/2013

Kate Winslet is the woman Leo has chemistry with on screen. But he does have a lot of high tension chemistry with male costars.

by Anonymousreply 2110/07/2013

*only woman*

by Anonymousreply 2210/07/2013

Actually r20 & r21 he has no chemistry with Kate either, and we have discussed this ad nauseum on Datalounge for years and years.

He has no chemistry with women on screen or off screen. He's closeted.

by Anonymousreply 2310/07/2013

Leonardo Dicaprio is a great personality & now exclusively for the fans of leanardo dicaprio get this brown outfit wear by him in the movie the aviator here is a chance to get this that link & get this one for your wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 2405/16/2014

"Has there ever been a good Daisy?"

How is it possible to be a "good Daisy"? Her entire function in the story is to prove herself unworthy!

And that's another reason that the book is unfilmable, we can't see Daisy through Gatsby's infatuated eyes (Nick's socially ambitious ones). The camera just sees the actress, it doesn't see the feelings people project on her, and Daisy is written as a sort of pretty blank slate that men project their feelings onto.

by Anonymousreply 2505/16/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!