Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BREAKING U.S. Capitol In Lockdown After Gunshots Fired Outside

(CNN) – U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said on Thursday that one person was injured in a shooting on Capitol Hill, CNN's Dana Bash reports.

Police are reacting to reports of shots fired on Capitol Hill in Washington. An order was given over the Capitol speaker system to shelter in place because of an active shooter situation.

There were reports of multiple gunshots near the Senate Hart Office Building, and people were seen running.

Capitol Police sent out the following advisory to staffers:

"SHELTER IN PLACE. Gunshots have been reported on Capitol Hill requiring all occupants in all House Office Buildings to shelter in place. Close, lock and stay away from external doors and windows. Take annunciators, Go Kits and escape hoods; and move to the innermost part of the office away from external doors or windows. If you are not in your office, take shelter in the nearest office, check in with your OEC and wait for USCP to clear the incident. No one will be permitted to enter or exit the building until directed by USCP. All staff should monitor the situation. Further information will be provided as it becomes available."

The House and Senate went into recess after the shooting.

by Anonymousreply 12010/07/2013

Associated Press twitter folowing and tweeting details as they happen

by Anonymousreply 110/03/2013

KateNoceraVerified account ‏@KateNocera

Literally was dragged in by cop as he heard shots fired come over the radio. Now this: pic.twitter.com/K1AJwIEV6G

by Anonymousreply 210/03/2013

WTF is going on in DC, now a friend on the Hill is facebooking about more shots heard.

by Anonymousreply 310/03/2013

Marc Schloss ‏@marcschloss

No joke on Capitol Hill as Cops are running with machine guns as reports of shots being fired at Capitol pic.twitter.com/vdjAKkLP4y

by Anonymousreply 410/03/2013

It's disturbing that it took 20 min. for this to get posted on Datalounge. Let's step it up, ladies, m'kay?

by Anonymousreply 510/03/2013

Watching MSNBC now, Bernie Sanders and other members of congress coming back into the building after they were told to return and not leave buildings by police

some looked red faced and flushed like they ran for their lives

appear a bit shaken

maybe they should all go and wrap themselves in the 2nd amendment for protection

by Anonymousreply 610/03/2013

Maybe this is the event meant to "bring everyone together in unity" and pass the clean CR.

by Anonymousreply 710/03/2013

Let's go ahead and call this one a hostile take over and move to Canada. Who's with me? It's just like Coty versus Avon... the cheap bastards win!

by Anonymousreply 810/03/2013

A woman?!?

Rob Nelson @TVRobNelson BREAKING: sources tell abc news the US Capitol shooter, a woman, is dead at the scene.

by Anonymousreply 910/03/2013

This wouldn't have happened had everyone on Capitol Hill had a gun.

by Anonymousreply 1010/03/2013

Protect Michelle Bachmann!!!

by Anonymousreply 1110/03/2013

Pete Williams is reporting on MSNBC that the shooter's car first tried to breach security at the White House, failed, then drove to a Senate building where the firefight ensued. Smells like teabag to me.

by Anonymousreply 1210/03/2013

"The only thing that prevents a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

by Anonymousreply 1310/03/2013

Well, THIS thread was posted 7 mins before this one

by Anonymousreply 1410/03/2013

Talk about a bad week; having to go to work and not being sure when or if you'll be paid for the days the government is shutdown, then you get shot by a crazy.

by Anonymousreply 1510/03/2013

[quote]Take annunciators, Go Kits and escape hoods

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 1610/03/2013

For those of you like me who are at work, here's a live feed to a local DC NBC station:

by Anonymousreply 1710/03/2013

[quote]Smells like teabag to me.

They're usually a democrat or nothing, and always 100% crazy.

by Anonymousreply 1810/03/2013

Diversion tactic?

Or frustrated furloughed citizen?

by Anonymousreply 1910/03/2013

FEMALE suspect killed!

by Anonymousreply 2010/03/2013

Well THANK GAWD the *BREAKING NEWS* poster is still alive and sitting in his basement, spewing out stuff that we can all read in a million different news outlets. Whew!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2110/03/2013

BUT WHO WAS IN THE CAR??

Witness: Black car followed by police cars

Peter Herman reports:

Giancarlo Refalo from Malta visiting and was on a bench near 1st Street and Constitution Avenue reading a map when he saw black car speeding on 1st Street NW toward Independence Avenue followed by several police cars. ”

“At first I thought the driver was trying to get out of the way of police but then I realized he was being chased,” he said.

He heard several gunshots near Independence and 1st Street followed by “lots of screaming and shouting” and then the black vehicle came back on first toward Constitution chased by police.

“They were swerving all over the place,” he said. “By that time I was hiding in the bushes because I was so scared.”

by Anonymousreply 2210/03/2013

Pete Williams Per NBC says incident started at the White House as a gate ramming

by Anonymousreply 2310/03/2013

From ABC News:

"An attempt to ram the White House gates ended with shots fired at the U.S. Capitol, senators put under lockdown and a female suspect dead, sources told ABC News."

She attacked the White House first. Sounds likely she was a tea partier.

by Anonymousreply 2410/03/2013

Hey most of us enjoy the **BREAKING** news here and appreciate as part of the DL R21.

Though it is sad how long it took this to get posted here.

by Anonymousreply 2510/03/2013

probably nothing, but the breaking news operators will have a field day, you know that.

by Anonymousreply 2610/03/2013

The Capitol police are working without pay today because of the shutdown.

Today is the Obama's wedding anniversary.

by Anonymousreply 2710/03/2013

two men in the car too, in addition to the child?

by Anonymousreply 2810/03/2013

Are you sure R27? The mayor of Washington D.C. basically told Congress to go fuck themselves, he wasn't going to furlough anyone especially not police and fire department.

by Anonymousreply 2910/03/2013

[quote]Pete Williams Per NBC says incident started at the White House as a gate ramming

Definitely a Republican nutwing, then.

by Anonymousreply 3010/03/2013

It's not like it will change anything with America's gun laws, so what's the point in even caring?

by Anonymousreply 3110/03/2013

r27 are you sure? I don't think the critical government fuctions like capitol security will be shut down, ever!

by Anonymousreply 3210/03/2013

The child in the backseat looks black.

by Anonymousreply 3310/03/2013

Capitol police are different than Metro (local) police.

by Anonymousreply 3410/03/2013

She was driving an Infiniti with a baby in the back.

by Anonymousreply 3510/03/2013

Freeper Frau trying to ram through barrier near the White House?

by Anonymousreply 3610/03/2013

[quote]The mayor of Washington D.C. basically told Congress to go fuck themselves, he wasn't going to furlough anyone especially not police and fire department.

Capitol police are feds, not MPD.

by Anonymousreply 3710/03/2013

I'm in charge here!

by Anonymousreply 3810/03/2013

So proud to be an American right about now.

Go ahead Amber, pick up that mic and start reportin!

by Anonymousreply 3910/03/2013

R25

I am not the original breaking news poster. I miss those posts and I waited those extra minutes to see if he would post.

Come back BREAKING poster

by Anonymousreply 4010/03/2013

Not terror. All shooting by cops. She just nran a few red lights followed by cops with her child in the car.

by Anonymousreply 4110/03/2013

[quote]Protect Michelle Bachmann!!!

Who do you think was shooting?

by Anonymousreply 4210/03/2013

Some Tea Party caller said on C-Span that she must have been on welfare because she was driving a Cadillac and down here in Mississippi they all drive Cadillacs.

by Anonymousreply 4310/03/2013

Cops in America are so damn trigger-happy compared to those in the rest of the world.

It's one of many problems with the gun violence issue.

by Anonymousreply 4410/03/2013

The shooter was wearing white tennis shoes and jeans: fresh out of rehab.

by Anonymousreply 4510/03/2013

If every person in Congress had a gun, this wouldn't have happened! (And maybe the fuckers would just shoot each other and we could be rid of them).

by Anonymousreply 4610/03/2013

Well, Cadillac must be pretty happy about its brand being identified with luxury, because ever since Reagan, anyone on welfare is accused of being a grifter who drives a Cadillac.

by Anonymousreply 4710/03/2013

Holy Jesus.

This woman was nuts or confused and scared. She had an accident.

She ran and they shot her.

An unarmed confused woman- shot down by police.

They probably shot her in the back.

by Anonymousreply 4810/03/2013

There was NO SHOOTER.

The shots fired were by the police at an unarmed woman.

by Anonymousreply 4910/03/2013

An attempt to ram the White House gates ended with shots fired at the U.S. Capitol, senators put under lockdown and a female suspect dead, sources told ABC News.

The suspect was killed by cops near the Capitol following a high speed chase from the White House, along Pennsylvania Ave., the same route the president typically walks following an inauguration.

A child was found unhurt in the woman's car, authorities said. The woman was not carrying ID and has not been identified. Police said there were no weapons found in the suspect's car.

Sources said the woman's vehicle is leased with out of state license plates.

by Anonymousreply 5010/03/2013

I take back the "unarmed" label. If it's the case this woman was using her CAR as a weapon - then they had to take her out, I guess. ~~~~~~~ WASHINGTON, DC (RNN) - Authorities locked down the U.S. Capitol, Senate office buildings and House office buildings Thursday afternoon following a confrontation with a woman in a vehicle.

A woman driving a black car tried to run through a barrier in front of a check point near the White House, according to Capitol Police Chief Kim Dine.

After exchanging words with police, the woman hit a police car and then her air bag deployed. She sped away and drove recklessly toward the Capitol building, hitting a security barrier near Second Street and Maryland Avenue.

~~~~~~~

Sounds like someone went crazy or on drugs. But they're saying it was not terrorist related.

Police fired on the woman and shot her after she crashed her car, but her condition is unknown. There was also a child in the vehicle with the woman, CNN has reported.

"We have no information that this is related to terrorism or is anything other than an isolated incident," said Dine. "I don't have a condition on the person in the car at this time. One of our officers was struck. He appears to be conscious and breathing. As far as we know, no officer was shot."

by Anonymousreply 5310/03/2013

Did this woman have the last name Palin?

by Anonymousreply 5410/03/2013

It didn't even occurred to me that there could be political-related violence with the shutdown.

by Anonymousreply 5510/03/2013

Taylor Sharp is cute.

Did they really shoot a woman dead while she was driving, even though she had a child in the car?

by Anonymousreply 5610/03/2013

Alex Jones Is Already Calling Shots At U.S. Capitol A False Flag Attack

by Anonymousreply 5710/03/2013

CNN still not stating woman's condition.

by Anonymousreply 5810/03/2013

[quote]So they killed some innocent woman?

No, 'they' shot a person that rammed the stanchions at the white house with a car, and then after having words with the armed secret service, sped away going 80 mph down PA avenue towards the capital crashing another security barrier. Hardly innocent.

They killed an irrational person that was using a vehicle as a weapon. Possibly a suicide bomber, or other nefarious motives.

by Anonymousreply 6010/03/2013

Maybe the woman was going to take her child to a Smithsonian museum and was upset it was closed.

by Anonymousreply 6110/03/2013

She was using the sidewalk as a weapon.

by Anonymousreply 6210/03/2013

Slither back to freeperville, r59.

by Anonymousreply 6310/03/2013

This station has some video of the chase. You may need to wait for them to start live streaming again.

by Anonymousreply 6410/03/2013

[quote]Pete Williams Per NBC says incident started at the White House as a gate ramming

The White House gate is an insatiable bottom.

by Anonymousreply 6510/03/2013

So who was she?

by Anonymousreply 6610/03/2013

Was she looking for Mitch McConnell?

by Anonymousreply 6810/03/2013

[quote] Talk about a bad week; having to go to work and not being sure when or if you'll be paid for the days the government is shutdown, then you get shot by a crazy.

It might be related to the shutdown. Someone who has been stood down without pay. Or someone who receives money from someone who has been stood down without pay.

by Anonymousreply 6910/03/2013

R69...the pay period doesn't even end until this Friday for Feds. Everyone is going to get paid from last Monday until this Monday. The reporters keep talking about "how people aren't getting paid" but I don't know anyone in the Federal Government who is getting paid daily and now are suddenly missing income.

by Anonymousreply 7010/03/2013

[bold] Republican lawmaker blames Obama and congressional Dems within minutes of Capitol shooting [/bold]

It didn’t take long for someone to place the blame for a shooting Thursday afternoon outside the U.S. Capitol.

Gunshots were reported outside the Hart Senate Office Building shortly before 2:20 p.m.

Rep. Tim Griffin (R-AR) tweeted from his personal account at 2:23 p.m. that he’d heard or heard about “gun shots outside the Capitol.”

Two minutes later, at 2:25 p.m., the congressman followed up that tweet by laying the blame for the shooting on President Barack Obama and some Democratic congressional leaders.

“Stop the violent rhetoric President Obama, Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi. #Disgusting,” Griffin posted.

Stop the violent rhetoric President Obama, Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi. #Disgusting

— Tim Griffin (@TimGriffinAR2) October 3, 2013

At 3:08 p.m., after receiving a number of unfavorable reactions from other Twitter users, Griffin apologized for his remark.

“The shooting today is a terrible and inexcusable tragedy and an act of terroism,” Griffin said. “No one but the shooter is to blame. I tweeted out of emotion but agree that the timing was not helpful.”

by Anonymousreply 7110/03/2013

I think the story is about a Gramma from Connecticut (I'll call her Ada May Loomis),baby-sitting her two year old granddaughter (I'll call her Lily).

As in all wacky Gramma stories, Ada May somehow gets the keys to her daughters Infiniti and wouldn't you know it ends up at the Capitol.

She gets lost, panics and mistakes the gas pedal for the brakes. She is surounded by police cars, panics even more and takes off at a high rate of speed. All the while, Ada May is screaming "Oh Lordy! Oh sweet Jesus! Help me!"

She crashes, is shot and Lily is taken to the hospital.

The headline in the NY Post tomorrow will read PANICKY GRANNY SHUTS DOWN CONGRESS.

by Anonymousreply 7210/03/2013

Oh Lord please don't let him be black

Oh

So now what

by Anonymousreply 7310/03/2013

From Time.com:

B.J. Campbell, 69, a tourist visiting from Portland, Ore., said he saw the black car drive past White House security. Officers began “banging on the car, yelling at her,” Campbell told TIME. One tried to use a bicycle rack to box in the vehicle, but the car spun around and rammed into the rack and hit the officer, who was not wearing a uniform. The officer, whom the Associated Press identified as a Secret Service agent, was knocked onto the hood of the car and rolled off onto the street, according to Campbell. However another witness said the officer got up and did not appear to be injured.

“There was a lot of yelling at the driver to stop,” said Joe Brophy, the manager of a pedicab company, who saw the incident. The car sped off down Pennsylvania Avenue heading east, followed within 30 seconds by several police cars, according to witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 7410/03/2013

It is now reported that the woman DID NOT FIRE SHOTS! She didn't have a gun.

by Anonymousreply 7610/03/2013

Duh, no she was ramming the car and refused to stop it.

by Anonymousreply 7710/03/2013

On live TV a reporter just asked the police officer on (before the panicky blonde woman on live tv now) :

"Did she belong to a Somalia sect?

To which the officer replied - Are you asking me or telling me?

by Anonymousreply 7810/03/2013

Are all Somalians mentally off?

by Anonymousreply 7910/03/2013

CBS has a picture of an officer carrying the little toddler girl that was in the car.

I hope the poor thing will not traumatized at having seen her mom shot dead. Maybe she's young enough that she'll forget.

by Anonymousreply 8010/03/2013

Ram the White House gates? When did I ram the White House gates?

by Anonymousreply 8110/03/2013

Well, R72 got part of it right. It's been reported that she's 34 y.o. dental hygienist from Connecticut who has a history of mental health problems.

by Anonymousreply 8210/03/2013

A Stamford woman has been identified as the driver of a car that rammed a barricade outside the White House before leading police on a chase to the U.S. Capitol.

Miram Carey, 34, had her 1-year-old daughter in the car with her during the ordeal on Thursday afternoon.

Carey was shot and killed by Capitol police outside the U.S. Capitol.

Stamford police have blocked off an apartment complex in Stamford. There is no word on if the police activity is related to the incident in Washington, D.C.

Photos from the scene show police have surrounding a black sedan with Connecticut plate 323-YNS. It appears to be an Infinity.

The state Department of Motor Vehicles has not released information because of privacy, according to authorities.

Lt. Paul Vance, of Connecticut state police, said federal authoritie

by Anonymousreply 8310/03/2013

More

by Anonymousreply 8410/03/2013

OMG! MARIAH CAREY was the crazy woman who rammed the White House gates today!

Mariah, I know the career is going badly, but please girl....GET A GRIP!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8510/03/2013

We need immediate Car Control legislation!

by Anonymousreply 8610/03/2013

Get bent freeper at r86

by Anonymousreply 8710/03/2013

Trayvon's revenge, Part 3.

by Anonymousreply 8810/03/2013

Would you believe that we already have "car control legislation," R86? They're called traffic laws. And people have to demonstrate competence with a car through driving and written tests. They actually have to show ID and proof of insurance to purchase a car, unlike semi-automatic weapons at gun shows or online.

by Anonymousreply 8910/03/2013

Strange that she would bring her baby on an anti govt vendetta...

by Anonymousreply 9210/03/2013

She just wanted to meet Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 9310/03/2013

Do we know for a fact that she was on an anti-government vendetta? Or just garden variety mentally ill or post-partum psychosis?

by Anonymousreply 9410/03/2013

"Do we know for a fact that she was on an anti-government vendetta? Or just garden variety mentally ill or post-partum psychosis?"

She WAS yelling, "I'm comin', Bud!"

by Anonymousreply 9510/03/2013

There are not many Republicans these days who are not complete assholes.

Fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 9710/03/2013

Who was this crazy broad?

by Anonymousreply 9910/03/2013

[quote] OMG! MARIAH CAREY was the crazy woman who rammed the White House gates today!

She has been saying for years that she has her own problems. She was telling the truth. I never liked her music anyway

by Anonymousreply 10010/03/2013

This is without a doubt one of the more bizarre stories I've read in a while. It actually makes me very sad.

by Anonymousreply 10110/04/2013

Excuse me, Miss, but with all due respect, I have my own problems.

by Anonymousreply 10210/04/2013

Maybe she knew someone in the Capitol. Or the white house. Why assume her grievances are political, or imaginary for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 10310/04/2013

On second thought, maybe her gas pedal got stuck.

by Anonymousreply 10410/04/2013

The link at R83 says she thought Obama was stalking her.

by Anonymousreply 10510/04/2013

Not a gun nut, not a terrorist. Just a random dental hygienist with postpartum depression.

Heterosexuality kills.

by Anonymousreply 10610/04/2013

This is sad.

[quote]Carey’s former boss, Dr. Brian Evans, told The News that she “fell down some stairs and she had a pretty significant head injury” toward the end of the nearly two years she worked for him.

by Anonymousreply 10710/04/2013

It is sad; if she had a traumatic brain injury and then PPD on top of that, and wasn't getting treatment, no wonder she behaved erratically. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 10810/04/2013

[quote]It might be related to the shutdown. Someone who has been stood down without pay. Or someone who receives money from someone who has been stood down without pay

Wrong – she was a dental hygienist from CT

[quote]It's not like it will change anything with America's gun laws, so what's the point in even caring?

Wrong – the shots were fired by the police

[quote] Definitely a Republican nutwing, then

[quote] Freeper Frau trying to ram through barrier near the White House?

[quote] Pete Williams is reporting on MSNBC that the shooter's car first tried to breach security at the White House, failed, then drove to a Senate building where the firefight ensued. Smells like teabag to me.

Just…wrong

There’s an extensive amount of stupidity on this board

by Anonymousreply 10910/04/2013

MSNBC is dropping the headline that she was obsessed with Obama and thought he was stalking her.

They have nothing in their article to support this claim- just that headline.

Watch the right wing-nuts run with this and try to make a connection.l

Garauntee some GOP shill at a press conference will bring in it up as a diverstion tactic

by Anonymousreply 11010/04/2013

The link at r 83 is the stalking claim. Notice that nowhere in the article does it cite a source to back this title up.

Fucking "liberal" media are trying to spin it to focus on The President.

by Anonymousreply 11110/04/2013

r111 what is your point?

by Anonymousreply 11210/04/2013

[quote] MSNBC is dropping the headline that she was obsessed with Obama and thought he was stalking her.

[quote]Fucking "liberal" media are trying to spin it to focus on The President

I don’t think anyone (well, anyone sane) would assume that an insane depressed woman who believes that President Obama is stalking her ties this to the President.

[quote] Watch the right wing-nuts run with this and try to make a connection.

How ironic, given your previous posts on this topic in this thread, including

[quote] Definitely a Republican nutwing, then

Nutwing, indeed

by Anonymousreply 11310/04/2013

My point r112, is that this little needless and unsolicited droplet will be spread as gossip to suggest that Obama had an affair with this woman.

the GOP is DESPERATE to distract the publiuc from their current FUCKED situation.

Notice how the story bought up the fact that this woman had an "unplanned pregnancy" - WHY? They could have easily said she had mental health problems, family problems and loss of job stress. There was no need for the 'no baby-daddy' tid-bit at all.

What it does is provide a seed for people to hone in on in the comment section. It's GOSSIP. Plain and simple. An the TiTLE of this article are implies that she claims Obama is that baby's daddy.

It didn't have to happen that way but This TITLE encourages those wingnuts to go there and mark my words - you'll be hearing that meme echo for the coming months. Rush Limbaugh will reference it. Coulter will imply, Fox will be all over the idea that Obama had some kind of connection.

It won't be explicit but someone will get the ball rolling just because they can.

Meanh

by Anonymousreply 11410/04/2013

r113- I admit I was wrong about it being a wing nut. I jumped the gun and guessed. So what. Sue me.

by Anonymousreply 11510/04/2013

and... the tweets of "Obama's baby Mama!" have already begun.

Ugly racist shits.

by Anonymousreply 11610/04/2013

Damn man, you are the ultimate freak tin hat troll

by Anonymousreply 11710/04/2013

I can't make any jokes about this story, it just makes me so damn sad. I cannot tell you how many times LE enforcement has been put into a situation with unarmed mentally ill perpetrators and they kill them.

This country needs some mandatory training for LE regarding the treatment of mentally ill unarmed perpetrators. NOW!

by Anonymousreply 11810/04/2013

RE the "attack on the White House"--

Maybe if the US GOVERNMENT wasn't murdering innocent people each day, and hadn't been murdering innocent people in the Middle East (and all over) for over 100 years...then maybe the "Capitol Police" wouldn't be so fucking scared of a 19yo new mother that they had to shoot her a dozen times.

But, that's just my .02cents, since I can see how evil, corrupt and mendacious the US GOVERNMENT really is.

by Anonymousreply 11910/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.