Silk Road has been shut down

Wonderful.

It was great while it lasted.

by Anonymousreply 4110/05/2013

The Silk Road to china?

by Anonymousreply 110/03/2013

Link:

by Anonymousreply 210/03/2013

Anyone know any customers? How was the shopping experience?

by Anonymousreply 310/03/2013

Something else will take its place. There are already other similar sites in operation.

by Anonymousreply 410/03/2013

My ex is one. The quality of weed he's been getting is incredible. Once he got a package that had been opened by the post office, contents removed, and a note saying the shipment was confiscated. That was over a year ago. Nothing else EVER happened.

I can't believe he continued to receive shipments even after that, but he does, every two months with no issues. Comes from overseas.

by Anonymousreply 510/03/2013

Junkies all over the world start their involuntary detox programs this weekend!

by Anonymousreply 610/03/2013

It was a pretty amazing shopping experience. The only major problem was getting bitcoin. After that it was easy. Very strange getting that stuff in regular mail, I have to say.

by Anonymousreply 710/03/2013

I am not amused.

by Anonymousreply 810/03/2013

Glad it got shut down. That's some scary shit.

by Anonymousreply 1010/03/2013

R10 needs to step away from the fast food and back her ample ass into a nice Quaalude enema. Preferably a mail-order one.

by Anonymousreply 1110/03/2013

Ending prohibition would solve a number of problems at once, so of course we can't have it, since it takes money from the pockets of criminals and law enforcement both.

by Anonymousreply 1210/03/2013

Buyers and sellers are fucked.

by Anonymousreply 1310/03/2013

Looks that way but I have faith.

by Anonymousreply 1410/03/2013

As I understand it, the site did over a billion dollars in transactions in 2 1/2 years. That void won't stay empty for too long. SR proved that the concepts behind it worked, someone else will pick up the slack.

by Anonymousreply 1510/03/2013

Never underestimate a junkies need to get their fix. Back to scouring the street corners.

by Anonymousreply 1610/04/2013

Dammit, I needed suicide meds since I can't find work and am out of money and have used up my friend's goodwill. Now what will I do.

by Anonymousreply 1710/04/2013

Similar markets, such as Atlantis and Black Market Reloaded, are still around. The War on Drugs is a came of whack-a-mole that will never be won.

by Anonymousreply 1810/04/2013

[quote]Authorities allege that the wrongdoing went far beyond narcotics. The site was also a marketplace for firearms, ammunition and computer hacking services. And Ulbricht was accused in separate complaints of paying for the attempted murders of two business associates who he believed had crossed him.

Yeah guys, great site.

by Anonymousreply 1910/04/2013

He also sold guns and tried to have two associates murdered.

by Anonymousreply 2010/04/2013

Um, no, Silk Road's policy was to not list sales of items intended to harm others. Ulbricht was considering the sale of small-arms for self-defence on Silk Road but it was not a gun market when it was shut down.

by Anonymousreply 2110/04/2013

Meet Silk Road's Alleged Drug Lord: A 29-year-old California Geek

[quote]According to the indictment, Silk Road was bigger than anyone had suspected: It boasted over $1.6 billion in sales from 2011-2013, which resulted in $80 million in commissions. (Researchers had previously estimated that Silk Road was doing about $22 million in total sales per year.) According to the indictment, which claims that FBI agents obtained a mirror of the server that housed Silk Road's business from law enforcement in an unidentified foreign country, Ulbricht "alone has controlled the massive profits generated from the operation of the business." He used some of the profits to pay a team of administrators as much as $2,000 a week each. [bold]And yet, he only paid $1,000 a month in rent for his San Francisco apartment, according to the indictment.[/bold]

That son of a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 2210/04/2013

[quote]Um, no, Silk Road's policy was to not list sales of items intended to harm others.

Uh, selling illegal drugs probably comes within that description.

by Anonymousreply 2310/04/2013

Yeah, sure, r23, except that there are plenty of legal drugs that do just as much, or more, harm and some of us believe it's a basic right to make informed choices about what we do or don't put in our bodies. Cannabis & heroin are sold to satisfy a demand, not to deliberately harm people. You speak with the cluelessness of the profoundly naive.

by Anonymousreply 2410/04/2013

[quote]Cannabis & heroin are sold to satisfy a demand, not to deliberately harm people.

Except when it's sold by people who cut it with detergent.

by Anonymousreply 2510/04/2013

R25 - that's where the feedback system for vendors on Silk Road helped reduce the likelihood of such harms.

by Anonymousreply 2610/04/2013

I'm right there with the people who believe marijuana should be legalized across the nation, but I find it fucking pathetic that there are people who don't see anything wrong with abusing cocaine, meth, heroin, LSD, and unprescribed painkillers. That shit ruins lives and it isn't harmless fun. Sure, anyone stupid enough to develop an addiction to drugs might be doing the world a favor by killing themselves sooner rather than later; however, addicts, unfortunately, tend to drag others down with them.

That isn't naiveté, that isn't prudish, that's fucking fact.

by Anonymousreply 2710/04/2013

As long as they go after all the buyers as well this is fine. If you are going to do illegal drugs you may have to pay the price.

by Anonymousreply 2810/04/2013

[quote]"I would like to put a bounty on his head if it's not too much trouble for you," Ulbricht allegedly wrote. "Necessities like this do happen from time to time for a person in my position."

He is such a polite young psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 2910/04/2013

[quote] I find it fucking pathetic that there are people who don't see anything wrong with abusing cocaine, meth, heroin, LSD, and unprescribed painkillers. That shit ruins lives and it isn't harmless fun.

Adults do not need you or the government to play the role of scolding nanny in their lives.

Mind your own fucking business.

by Anonymousreply 3010/04/2013

I would argue that drug addicts are dangerous enough that government intervention can be necessary. Some drugs lower ones inhibitions to the point where they are no longer capable of rational thought. I say this as someone who has been stolen from, assaulted, and lied to by drug addicts.

R30 sounds like one of those nutty libertarian cunts who've infested DL.

by Anonymousreply 3110/04/2013

R31: OMG! You were fibbed to by someone on drugs!

Call the SWAT team! Let's start rounding those prevaricators up!

by Anonymousreply 3210/04/2013

Fuck you cunt @ R30

"Mind your own fucking business"

I don't wish a drug addiction upon anyone, even the stupid ones that practice it.

It's not about policing people's lives you idiot. I feel sorry that you don't care about others.

by Anonymousreply 3310/04/2013

R33 you seem stressed. May I offer you a doob?

by Anonymousreply 3410/04/2013

It'll be replaced.

by Anonymousreply 3510/04/2013

I can't believe I only heard about this site after it was shut down. Why didn't you bitches tell me?

by Anonymousreply 3710/04/2013

DL went uptight, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 3810/04/2013

So will Leo be staring in the movie? Who will play his 2 roomies who each also paid $1000 rent? Were they also Libertarians and did they kick in $200 for Paul's presidential run too?

Guess the cops were the supposed hit men; old scam to catch a greedy entrepreneur. He should have cashed out and retired early on a far away island.

by Anonymousreply 3910/04/2013

Not Leo, McConaghey.

by Anonymousreply 4010/05/2013

Great service; sad to see it go.

by Anonymousreply 4110/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.