Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sinead vs. Miley!

When the middle-aged singer tries to give the young strumpet some helpful advice, Cyrus compares O'Connor to Amanda Bynes!

by Anonymousreply 15211/08/2013

Everything Sinead said is true.

by Anonymousreply 110/03/2013

What Sinead wrote was way too intelligent for Miley to comprend.

by Anonymousreply 210/03/2013

And I was hoping that Sinead's advice would be "Go for the difficult brown to get him back...."

by Anonymousreply 310/03/2013

Yet another instance where young women are portrayed as having no agency and no will power and evil, evil men are to blame. Miley has more money than she can spend in 10 lifetimes, yet O'Connor acts as if she's being held at gunpoint and told "act like a whore or starve!"

by Anonymousreply 410/03/2013

OP, that's not VS.

Sinead is trying to help Miley.

by Anonymousreply 510/03/2013

Um, I clearly stated that Sinead was trying to give Miley some "HELPFUL advice," r5. But Miley, with her nasty response, has made it a situation that warrants the "vs.".

by Anonymousreply 610/03/2013

Sinead knows best

by Anonymousreply 710/03/2013

R4, sounds like you no nothing about the music industry or immature young women like Miley. Sinead of course is right, but this is a debate that could go on and on. Does it matter if someone is participating in their own exploitation knowingly or unknowingly?

I don't really care what happens to MC, she's too mainstream pop for me, but I've got a lot of respect for Sinead for actually standing up for her beliefs knowing that her career would take a hit.

by Anonymousreply 810/03/2013

Cyrus' response was really low.

by Anonymousreply 910/03/2013

But not untrue, R9. Both have a lot of truth in their respective responses.

by Anonymousreply 1010/03/2013

I agree with R9. Poking fun of someone because of their mental illness is never cool.

by Anonymousreply 1210/03/2013

Who would take his yacht to Antigua when there are so many finer locales? I'm perplexed.

by Anonymousreply 1410/03/2013

You could watch that performance from the VMAs and think that it's a hot mess, but it's a strategic hot mess.

I don't pay attention to the negative. How many times have we seen this play out in pop music? Madonna's done it, Britney's done it, every VMA performance. Anyone that performs, that's what you're looking for. You're wanting to make history. You're always gonna make people talk, you might as well make them talk for, like, two weeks rather than two seconds...We've been laughing about the news because everyone else is so serious. It's great, 'cause I'm sitting here laughing. While you guys are all worked up, and, like, frazzled, I'm chilling. I'm onto the next one. I forgot about the performance. That's so behind now. Yes, I am very comfortable with sexuality. I like pushing the boundaries, but I'm coming out in pigtails looking like a giant adult baby, basically, but doing, like, really naughty stuff. That's obviously funny. If I really wanted to come out and do, like, a raunchy sex show, I wouldn't have been dressed as a damn bear

by Anonymousreply 1510/03/2013

strategic hot mess = whore

by Anonymousreply 1610/03/2013

Sinead has had four children by four different men, atleast one abortion, came "out" as bisexual by calling herself a dyke, impulse married an addiction counselor then sending him to buy her weed.

Slut shaming in this instance is vile.

by Anonymousreply 1710/03/2013

Oh Sinead, NOTHING COMPARES 2 U!!!

by Anonymousreply 1810/03/2013

Only Courtney Love and Cher have had appropriate responses to Miley. The first rightly said she is a dumb hillbilly, the second that the performance sucked and her body looked like hell. Enough.

It is amazing how the media has stretched this out for a month now.

by Anonymousreply 1910/03/2013

I don't know which makes me want to puke more in that pic: the nasty black pasties or the thrush coated tongue.

by Anonymousreply 2010/03/2013

I can't imagine acting like Miley in public and in the media. It would embarrass the shit out of my family.

by Anonymousreply 2110/03/2013

[quote] It is amazing how the media has stretched this out for a month now.

It's still going and the album isn't out yet. This latest bit is about the Wrecking Ball video being inspired by the Nothing Compares 2 U.

I have mixed feelings about all this, but one could admire how much attention Miley's managed to harness.

by Anonymousreply 2310/03/2013

R17 You're the one who is "slut shaming" (and what a tired cliché, by the way), not O'Connor. You sound like an uneducated little twat who picked up a few post-feminist buzzwords on sites like ONTD without any real understanding of the history or philosophical underpinnings of those words. The prism of your own narcissism really must be blinding for you.

by Anonymousreply 2410/03/2013

Sinead definitely is a headcase and a nutjob but she is right in this situation. Miley realized she wouldn't get any more attention unless she did the familiar "shock and awe" tactic that we've seen from countless other female recording acts. The nudity and "naughty" behavior thing is working for this album, but in the future she'll come to regret it.

by Anonymousreply 2610/03/2013

This whole thing actually makes me think less of Sinead because of the way she kisses Miley's ass with the bullshit about her making "great records" and stuff! I know very little about Sinead, but I did sort of have this image of her as a fearless truth-teller with an intolerance for bullshit, so I would have thought (or hoped) she would have called Miley out as the no-talent she is.

by Anonymousreply 2710/03/2013

I appreciate the great big words you used R24. However, if a woman of Sinead's background and personal choices is going to publically humiliate another woman who looksup to her, she needs to be prepared to take responsibility for her own hypocritical lifestyle.

And you don't know a gid damned thing about me, thank god.

by Anonymousreply 2810/03/2013

oh good lord. a bunch of nelly 40somethings screaming about miley's lack of talent. as if someone singing about partying at the clubs is supposed to sound like audra mcdonald. miley is talented enough to make buckets and buckets of money singing popular songs that everyone knows (queue outraged DLer: "i don't know ANY of that skank's songs!").

frankly, she seems to have picked up a thing or two from the master about: staying in the news; getting people to keep talking about you; gathering up the kids on your side (by the way, gramps: you are not miley's audience); cranking out catchy tunes; changing styles; etc.

seems to me miley is doing just fine. we should all be so fortunate as to have such little talent.

by Anonymousreply 2910/03/2013

[quote] is going to publically humiliate another woman

How was Sinead's letter public humiliation? You can't share opinions about someone? She went out of her way to be flattering about Miley's talent.

Miley's reaction on twitter was disappointing, calling attention to Sinead's mental health struggles. And all these young women on twitter crying slut-shaming and whorephobia about Sinead's letter. Do people not listen anymore? I thought Sinead's letter was rational and well thought out even if I didn't totally agree with it. Sinead wasn't trying to make Miley feel bad.

Whorephobia. Maybe just maybe being the biggest whore possible isn't a great end goal. I don't think Sinead's letter was slut-shaming. Terrible term used to justify any lunacy.

by Anonymousreply 3010/03/2013

Sinead is in no position to give anybody advice about anything. She also seems blind to the realities of American pop culture in 2013. Being an American female pop star in 2013 means that you are either shamelessly and tastelessly peddling your pudendum or you are working under a complete media blackout.

by Anonymousreply 3210/03/2013

Sorry, no pass R28. First, there was nothing humiliating in what Sinead wrote. Had Sinead been addressing Miley's private life, then yes, she would be hypocritical. But she didnt and hence, your attempt to draw that conclusion fails. Lastly, you give the impression her coming out as bisexual is something to be ashamed of.

All around you failed and you come off as judgmental and something of an old coot stuck in the past.

by Anonymousreply 3310/03/2013

Kind of agree with R32. Sinead was popular for a hot second 20 years ago when the landscape was entirely different. It would be like Moira Kelly stepping in to give Natalie Portman career advice.

by Anonymousreply 3510/03/2013

r34 is not very bright, is he.

Bless him.

by Anonymousreply 3610/03/2013

Sinead only felt compelled to respond because Cyrus' latest video was being compared to Sinead's Nothing Compares 2 You.

Miley's response is as one dimensional and classless as it gets. And I can guarantee you if someone like Madonna told Cyrus off in that manner, she wouldn't have had the balls to respond like that.

Sinead has issues, but has always spoken truth to power in her music. Cyrus is too dumb to fully comprehend what she is saying and immediately goes to the attack mode.

Cyrus loses. It's not edgy, it's not smart or profound. She's a poseur who simply needs to grow up.

by Anonymousreply 3810/03/2013

Wow, Sinead's site hasn't seen this much traffic ever:

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

by Anonymousreply 3910/03/2013

r34/r41, you are an absolute moron and a liar.

"During a live, musical performance on NBC’s 'Saturday Night Live,' O'Connor sang Bob Marley's song 'War' a cappella then changed the words and inserted 'child abuse,' before ending the act by holding up a photo of Pope John Paul II, saying, 'fight the real enemy' and ripping the photo in two."

She said it right in the song and then repeated it in interviews immediately after! She could not have made herself any more clear. She did NOT "jump on a bandwagon" years later.

by Anonymousreply 4210/03/2013

This current Miley moment makes this video no longer seem like a parody.

by Anonymousreply 4310/03/2013

God, this is exactly the sort of inflammatory name calling that happens when people try to talk to complete strangers like they know them (hello, Sinead O'Connor).

First of all, I was put off by Sinead O'Connor's use of the word "dyke" to come out than the fact that she may or may not be gay. Never mind her flip flopping and then changing her mind on the whole matter.

Secondly, if she had genuine concern for this young pop singer, she should have picked up the phone and called Miley Cyrus and thanked her for being a fan and liking her music and then expressing her concern and sharing her own experiences as a young woman in the business. She should have then written a public letter to address the media/public explaining that while she doesn't agree with Miley's presentation, she called her out of concern for her life choices and hopes that she makes different choices going forward.

Feigning concern in an open letter, completely dismissing ANY input, ideas or execution that Miley Cyrus may have in her own re-branding and then humiliating her in such a self righteous and public way is abhorrent.

Someone of O'Connor's age and wisdom should KNOW that humiliating a young person like that is immature and will immediately open the door for people to judge her own life choices.

Miley's reaction to make fun of Sinead's mental illness is unfortunate but if I were Miley Cyrus, I would be be mocking her as well.

by Anonymousreply 4410/03/2013

Thank you, R44. Finally, someone says something actually sensible and well thought out in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 4510/03/2013

Miley's voice is not that bad.

Why doesn't she use it?

by Anonymousreply 4610/03/2013

"Feigning concern."

If Sinead didn't give a shit, she wouldn't have bothered. Miley should be glad that someone said what she did.

"Someone of O'Connor's age and wisdom should KNOW that humiliating a young person."

She said Miley was talented. If anything, she treated Cyrus with kid gloves.

And if you don't want to be called a slut, don't act like one on stage. There's a difference between what you do in your private life and what you do on stage for everyone to see. Welcome to the real world.

"completely dismissing ANY input, ideas or execution that Miley Cyrus may have in her own re-branding."

She hijacked twerking from the African American community and tried to pass it off as her own, rather pathetically. The drugged out teddy bears were also not original. So what originality did she bring to her atrocious spectacle? She couldn't even synthesize the ideas she borrowed in an interesting manner. Much less get the wedgie out of her saggy ass.

"Miley's reaction to make fun of Sinead's mental illness is unfortunate but if I were Miley Cyrus, I would be be mocking her as well. "

And that says more about you and Miley than it does Sinead. But I would have been surprised had Cyrus executed a well thought out response that debated each and every single one of Sinead's points. Evidently that is clearly beyond her mental capacity. Though I'm sure we'll get an answer in an upcoming interview down the road. With every other word being "like" and "man".

by Anonymousreply 4710/03/2013

"Then again, she isn't exactly an example of morality and virtue herself,"

O'Connor is a person with bipolar disorder, which she chooses not to treat - which makes me shudder for her kids. She's not any kind of role model for anyone, and I hope she doesn't claim to be.

But that doesn't make her statements about Cyrus any less correct, or Cyrus's response any less idiotic and immature. A person doesn't need to be a role model to comment on public affairs.

by Anonymousreply 4810/03/2013

She doesn't claim to be a role model. She's a musician. I think the fact that she's bipolar is what makes her such a brilliant one....

by Anonymousreply 4910/03/2013

Yes, Sinead O'Connor gives a shit because she posted on her website.

Just like she posted her nonsensical rants and raves concerning her mental breakdown.

Just like she posted the embarrassing spectacle that was her fourth marriage.

And how she posted a picture of herself naked holding a guitar on her website.

I would argue that simulating slutty behavior on stage is a BIG step up from actual slutty behavior in real life.

The end.

by Anonymousreply 5010/03/2013

More back and forth between these two nutjobs!

by Anonymousreply 5210/03/2013

I'll be right back. I've gotta take a shit! Where are my wipers?

by Anonymousreply 5410/03/2013

Fly, fly, fly R53.

Fly, fly, fly.

by Anonymousreply 5510/03/2013

And the flames burned away, but you're still spitting fire. Make no difference what you say. You're still a liar. You're still a liar

by Anonymousreply 5610/03/2013

Fuck Sinead, what the fuck does she know? She has so many kids, she should be parenting them instead, I want to see how "well-behaved" they are or perhaps they will get into loads of trouble in a few years...

How much is Miley worth? I don't buy her music and she's ugly as shit and her tits are so fucking ugly.

by Anonymousreply 5710/03/2013

[]I can just picture Miley slowly reading that letter. Slowly pronouncing each word...

She stopped three words in and said outloud, [bold]"OMG- TL:DR LOL #thizbitch" [/bold]!

by Anonymousreply 5810/03/2013

is she fucking that producer dude? is she fucking for tracks like joss stone?

by Anonymousreply 5910/04/2013

Sinead's new tattoo, a perfect portrait of Miley:

by Anonymousreply 6010/04/2013

Miley Cyrus is proof that there is no God. If you're going to be a whore, at least have the goods... Miley is an ugly assclown.

by Anonymousreply 6110/04/2013

#BANGERZ

by Anonymousreply 6210/04/2013

Sinead's second open letter was actually better than her first.

by Anonymousreply 6310/04/2013

Cyrus is being pimped. She's too stupid to know it. Sinead called it in that second letter. She looks silly trying to be some hard azz bitch. And you know the same people who are talking her into doing those raunchy videos are laughing at her behind her back. Let's see where she is a year from now. BTW, the story about her "pregnancy scare"? If that is true then she's even dumber than I thought. Twenty years old and she doesn't use birth control or protection? Now we know why her tongue looks so nasty.

by Anonymousreply 6410/04/2013

my favorite comment on this whole Miley Cyrus brouhaha:

"What the fuck is up with that tongue? WHY IS YOUR TONGUE ALWAYS OUT MILEY? WHY? Have you lost the ability to sweat?"

by Anonymousreply 6510/04/2013

sinead's a genius, the equal of any man or woman. miley should have stopped dragging sinead's name into her press. sinead was surely just being kind when she professed that miley has talent. i'm sure she knows better.

miley can do what she wants, she has every right, but she opened the door to this by talking about sinead and comparing herself.

miley spazzed out at radiohead when the band refused to meet her. she's very spoiled.

by Anonymousreply 6610/04/2013

She's a bitch in heat, R65.

by Anonymousreply 6710/04/2013

I will never ever understand why anyone would pose for Terry Richardson. What a creepy, creepy gross motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 6810/04/2013

Third letter to Miley

Miley

I have no interest whatsoever in meeting you. You had plenty of time yesterday to abuse Amanda Bynes .. an entirely innocent party.. and myself.. who also did nothing to deserve your abuse.. along with every other sufferer of mental health problems and every person who suffered abuse at the hands of priests.

You can take five minutes today between g- string fuckin' changes to publicly apologise and remove your abusive tweets. If you do not then you don't give a shit who you mock and what damage you do by being so ignorant.

When you publicly apologise to Amanda and myself and all mental health sufferers as well as all who were abused by priests that will end the matter as far as I am concerned.

What you did yesterday was designed to damage me and my career and has caused me enormous distress and harrassment and has potential to damage my career. If you do not apologise I will have no choice but to bring legal proceedings against you. I have no interest in or desire to cause you trouble but if you do not apologise for having deliberately tried to cause me hurt and trouble personally and professionally I will have to bring pressure upon you. When you end up in the psych ward or rehab I'll be happy to visit you.. and would not lower myself to mock you.

Be a proper woman and make the public apologies I have listed above. Your hosting SNL is a bullshit reason for not taking five minutes to do the right thing and your behaviour yesterday will rebound upon you very badly.

You have no business abusing Amanda Bynes or anyone else. How do you think you made her feel yesterday? How do you feel when your friend Britney Spears is mocked and humiliated for having had mental health problems? I know I personally want to bash those who treat her that way. If she is your friend and more importantly if you are a true friend to her.. you ought apologise for joining those who mock and humiliate women who have been too nice frankly, to manage the music business without sensibly losing their minds.

Cease behaving in an anti-female capacity. You will become the victim of it shortly. Soon it will be you the media 'crazy' .. and you will not enjoy it.. and you will appreciate people (like myself) standing up for you. Which I will be happy to do.. if you earn my respect today by apologising publicly.

by Anonymousreply 6910/04/2013

Some of the idiots foaming away at Sinead on this thread don't seem to realise that Miley Cyrus is the one who first compared herself, or her video, to Sinead.

Sinead's only mistake in all this is to think that Miley Cyrus can comprehend what she's saying or that Miley has the ability to reflect intelligently on what she's doing.

by Anonymousreply 7010/04/2013

I can see both women's sides but making fun of Sinead's mental illness was really sleazy. Especially the fact that Miley didn't understand why she ripped up the Pope's picture.

by Anonymousreply 7110/04/2013

Miley Cyrus hasn't behaved adequately during this entire ordeal, but we shouldn't be excusing Sinead's pathetic attempt to make herself relevant again by "offering" her utterly unnecessary and worthless advice. She is no one to tell others how to live their lives and behave correctly.

by Anonymousreply 7210/04/2013

Sinead's earlier albums hold up well. Sinead herself, not so much. Re: this feud and her disingenuous "open letter" -- in the guise of trying to help, she is just trying to glom onto and milk this cow for all she can. Miley responded like a culturally dumb bitch who's having too much fun to care. Well, yeah, that is in fact what Miley is.

by Anonymousreply 7310/04/2013

p.s. two obvious takeaways from this -

You can offer unsolicited, condescending online advice to a young person, and do it in a highly public manner, but the chances are near zero that it'll be well received.

You can reply to a mentally unwell person who's trying to engage with you, but they will only prove more relentless once they get a reply from you.

by Anonymousreply 7410/04/2013

The people don't want talent, they want bread and circuses and someone they can gossip about at work when they don't feel like discussing politics or the weather.

by Anonymousreply 7510/04/2013

"Kindly fire any motherfucker who hasn’t expressed alarm, because they don’t care about you"

She rules.

by Anonymousreply 7610/04/2013

One day (and time goes by so fast) Miley, Rihanna, et al will be middle-aged and it won't be pretty sight. In DC It will be like 'Sunset Boulevard' on PCP. Judy Garland and Elvis will look stable, Madonna and JLo grounded and mature, in hindsight.

by Anonymousreply 7710/04/2013

Good for Sinead for riding Miley's coat tails and getting herself some publicity!

by Anonymousreply 7810/04/2013

calling out sexploitation in America is really pissing in the wind. It's the backbone of our culture. Sinead is clueless.

by Anonymousreply 7910/04/2013

So, hoooow stupid is Miley?

She's not only so stupid she doesn't know she's being pimped out, she's SO stupid she doesn't know it's a bad idea to provoke a crazy person!

Seriously, you can hear Sinead losing it in that last rant.

by Anonymousreply 8010/04/2013

She's NOT being pimped out. She IS the pimp.

The only whore in this senario is the American Public.

by Anonymousreply 8110/04/2013

PJ Harvey has just posted her four-page response to the Sinead vs. Miley situation on her official website.

by Anonymousreply 8210/04/2013

Nice try, R82. That's not Polly Jean's style....

by Anonymousreply 8310/04/2013

Miley is hosting SNL, expect an appearance by Sinead

by Anonymousreply 8410/04/2013

Miley certainly comes across as being a ready, willing, able, and enthusiastic participant in her own whoredom. No one is forcing her to perform masturbation on stage, make provocative videos, pose naked, praise illegal drugs, etc., that's for sure. She's obviously doing it all because she's really into doing it. And her "people" are more than willing to capitalize on her eagerness to prove she's an adult, which her distorted understanding can't grasp doesn't mean taking off your clothes and simulating sex in public, because it gains her so much fame and notoriety, which translates into profits for them.

I mean, this kid has been a huge cash cow used to getting her own way for years now, so who is going to stop her from doing whatever she wants to do, no matter how destructive it is? Pretty much no one. Not in the milieu she's in.

I think Sinead O'Connor meant well, but she really should have asked herself first how SHE would have responded to such a similarly well-meant talking-to when she was in her own heyday. Probably not any more gratefully, is my guess.

As for Miley's initial response, it was just ugly and childish -- the exact opposite of the image she's so desperately and misguidedly trying to project. Certainly demonstrated that Sinead hit a major nerve.

by Anonymousreply 8510/04/2013

[quote]Miley is hosting SNL, expect an appearance by Sinead

Yep, and when it's Bobby Moynihan in a shaved-head wig, I will literally LOL.

by Anonymousreply 8610/04/2013

It would be awesome if they can get Jan Hooks back as the older, heavier Sinead.

by Anonymousreply 8710/04/2013

Sinead is obviously stewing. She can't quit writing open letters! But I sort of am falling in love with her. She's awesome.

Miley's harmless. She's the Big Thing right now and is having a blast. I would too at 20. She should apologize for the Bynes/Priest gaffes and keep snorting those white lines.

by Anonymousreply 8810/04/2013

bynes attacked miley openly, saying she was ugly and also saying she wanted to sleep with miley`s fiance. so, perhaps miley has some reason to hate her.

sinead always goes too far, but she`s a genius. she tarnishes her legacy constantly, and that is sad. however, she`s like Michelangelo compared to Cyrus.

by Anonymousreply 8910/04/2013

Miley is NOT fucking harmless she is grooming young girls to be sexual in ways Madonna never ever touched. Her starved body represents girls 4 to 11, perfect age for molestation. Her new photo of her thumb sucking and touching her twat at the same time is criminal. If the general public doesn't see what is going on, they are insane.

I pity parents you have your job cut out. The Miley influence means more young girls will be acting out sexually thinking its normal and preyed upon by ever watchful perverts.

by Anonymousreply 9010/04/2013

[quote]Miley is hosting SNL, expect an appearance by Sinead

No.

1) Sinead is banned from SNL by Loren Michaels who was very offended at her Pope stunt.

2) Sinead is genuine in her shit. She doesn't play these games for publicity, even though that is something she gets out of it too. I think she believe what she is saying and just can't stop herself. It's a compulsion to speak out when people- the media- pry her to do so.

by Anonymousreply 9110/04/2013

"Miley is NOT fucking harmless she is grooming young girls to be sexual in ways Madonna never ever touched."

I feel like a pearl-clutcher for saying it, but I think r90 sort of has a point. Certainly just because someone used to be the child star of a children's TV show doesn't mean they can't be sexy when they've grown up, but it would feel different to me if she were being sexy in a womanly way. Instead, there's this weird little girl/baby doll aspect to the way she's presenting herself that sort of weirds me out and that I do think could be sort of a gross influence on very young girls.

by Anonymousreply 9210/04/2013

Polly wouldn't lower herself to even acknowledge Miley.

by Anonymousreply 9310/04/2013

WTF....WOW who has seen these?

by Anonymousreply 9410/04/2013

Oh please. My idol as a teen was Kurt Cobain. I never shot up heroin or offed myself. Teens are smarter than you think. Hell, I think I was smarter at 16 than I am now. Everyone knows Miley is just playing the Pop Tart role of the moment.

by Anonymousreply 9510/04/2013

Teenage girls are super prudish, at least until they get to their mid-late teens. The teen girls I've taught are constantly policing each other about being sluts, whores, etc. 18 years and up might buy this but I can't see the average 12 year old liking Miley at all - especially since she twerked with an old man. Euw, gross!

by Anonymousreply 9610/04/2013

Those pictures make me despise my middle-aged body.

by Anonymousreply 9710/04/2013

The sad part of this is that there are teens and tweens who have been led to believe that what Miley is doing is somehow transgressive when it's really just the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 9810/04/2013

Understand this about pop culture... when Blacks are vulgar its something to be appropriated like a fur coat... toss it off when you wanna be PC.

When White chicks are vulgar it becomes a daily part of culture, accepted and embraced... hiphop is only embraced now that whites have taken over-don't be fooled, they have. Kanye and JZ are the last gasps, Drake isn't black he's birracial ... if you think that tweens aren't watching and acting out like Miley you are crazy.

by Anonymousreply 9910/04/2013

Sinead will be appearing live on an Irish chat show this evening, to talk about this whole thing. Hopefully someone with a YouTube account will post a clip.

by Anonymousreply 10010/04/2013

the POINT is, Miley is OK for now, what Sinead is saying, is that soon enough she will cool down, the music industry WILL not give a shit about her, so remember that, and now, mocking mental illlness is a junior high school mentality, and Miley deserved a smack down-- clearly, Miley is a prime candidate for a Mariah style meltdown within a few years ... but what else to expect of a 20 year old from a Disney show? she's stupid, it will take years for her to mature, Sinead's good intentions were wasted...

by Anonymousreply 10110/04/2013

Sinead on live tv now, not very keen to talk about Miley. She keeps saying the music industry is killing music. Simon Cowell, music industry bosses are killing creativity, using sexualised young people to sell product, to make money. Stuff like that. She looks a bit tired, but good, I think. She declined to talk about her face tattoos. Generally she seemed to be in good form.

by Anonymousreply 10210/04/2013

Miley is still at it.

by Anonymousreply 10310/04/2013

she`s right about the state of the music industry, R102.

by Anonymousreply 10410/04/2013

Sinead can be wacky but she speaks from experience. The music business is first and foremost a business meant to move product and packaging (or lack of it, in this case) matters. Even indie hipster icon Grimes recently complained that even some people in the supposedly "image free" indie industry wanted her to be more sexy like the *extremely* manufactured Lana Del Rey. When even the supposedly organic labels are concerned with sexualizing their female talent it proves that "T 'n' A" is still the standard.

by Anonymousreply 10510/04/2013

I was looking for Sinead's twitter account, but could only locate the official one that discusses her tour, etc. Can one of you kind DLers post a link to her personal twitter account? TIA

by Anonymousreply 10610/05/2013

If Sinead was truly concerned about Miley she would have contacted her privately.

by Anonymousreply 10710/05/2013

r102 - which show is she on?

by Anonymousreply 10810/05/2013

Miley is gay, right?

by Anonymousreply 10910/05/2013

I think Sinead was fed up with being utilized as Miley`s muse of the moment. it`s embarrassing. who wants to be the muse of a drugged-out hillbilly? so she did something about it, publicly. she made it clear that she doesn't approve of Miley. fair enough.

by Anonymousreply 11010/05/2013

Sinead was right. However, offering unsolicited advice--even very good advice--to a stranger is an iffy proposition, especially when the stranger is as moronic as Miley Cyrus.

by Anonymousreply 11110/05/2013

Sinead has stated she intends to sue Miley.

I bet SNL will not touch this topic.

by Anonymousreply 11210/05/2013

Miley appears borderline retarded to me, like her I.Q. is below 100. She needs to listen to her promoters and make money as fast as she can because her time is short, even if she has to slut around in g-gstrings with a gunk coated tongue flapping out of her mouth to do it. It's understandable. There's not much else she is capable of doing. Let her do it. She'll disappear soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 11310/05/2013

R111, Miley's video copied Sinead's for Nothing Compares 2 U and Miley herself said it was like a more modern version of Sinead's. It's the point at which Miley started trying to compare herself to Sinead that Sinead wrote her first letter. It's not quite as unsolicited as you're trying to imply.

As r110 says, Miley was trying to make Sinead her muse (or someone told her to say that), trying to link herself to a "cool" and truly "edgy" artist to make her own product seem credible and arty.

by Anonymousreply 11410/05/2013

What does lolling around on a bed topless have to do with singing? The Terry Richardson photos make her look like fresh meat for chicken hawks. From the waist down she looks like a ten year old girl. She has on minimal make-up and a Bambi look on her face. She's going for a pedophile's "dreamgirl" persona. Sick. Just sick. I wish she wouldn't take pictures of herself smoking marijuana. She gives stoners a bad name.

by Anonymousreply 11510/05/2013

Sinead on tv last night in Dublin. She is a little reluctant to get into the whole Miley thing.

by Anonymousreply 11610/05/2013

Sinead on tv last night:

"I feel sorry for the murder of music and rock 'n' roll, which has happened because of the industry," "Because of Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh. They've murdered music. I stand to say it on behalf of every musician in the world and they'll agree with me.

"The industry has taken over so much, the money-making side of it, the sexualising of extremely young people making records, and all the worship with money and bling and diamonds, all the Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh - it all amounts to the murder of music and that's what concerns me."

O'Connor also addressed her public feud with Miley Cyrus, suggesting that the 20-year-old popstar is too young to know what she's doing.

She said: "I'm not dismissing the records, they are great records. Miley's records are great records. What I feel is that the industry of music does exploit people who are possibly a little too young to know what they are doing.

"I'm asking whether it's appropriate for 20-year-old women to lick sledgehammers for videos in songs which have no lyrical reference to any such thing in them. It's an exploitation of someone too young to understand the dangers."

O'Connor also explained that she felt sorry for Amanda Bynes, the troubled actress Cyrus compared O'Connor with during the Twitter exchange.

"I was upset on behalf of Amanda Bynes, not for myself. I'm used to it. I thought it was a nasty thing to do. She had nothing to do with the conversation and also the poor girl is in hospital receiving treatment for the very illness she's being knocked for having.

"It was a very nasty time to expose a girl but I doubt Miley is a person who sat down and maliciously thought that I want to hurt Amanda Bynes. We're all human and we all do things off the cuff."

by Anonymousreply 11710/05/2013

After reading r117 I want to say to Miley: "when someone with mental issues sounds rational, thoughtful and classy next to you, it's time to re-evaluate."

by Anonymousreply 11810/05/2013

Sinead was right!

by Anonymousreply 11910/05/2013

Sinead is being overly kind about the quality of Miley's music.

Wrecking Ball is a very catchy tune but it pains me to listens to it because when she gets to the chorus and tries to belt, she's using her throat not her diaphragm, basic singing 101. Of course, she smokes, so that doesn't help.

by Anonymousreply 12010/05/2013

Nasty is the right word to describe Miley. Whether she wanted advice from Sinead or not, she didn't have to take make such an ugly reply.

by Anonymousreply 12110/05/2013

I think Sinead was just being polite about the "talent" of Miley. Perhaps she felt she had to say that before she said the other stuff.

by Anonymousreply 12210/05/2013

I thought Miley's response was typical of the stupid of today. It's the kind of remark that is usually anonymous on the internet. The type of person that always says "fugly" or "fail" etc - always some illiterate put-down, with zero content or thought.

by Anonymousreply 12310/05/2013

[quote] when someone with mental issues sounds rational, thoughtful and classy next to you, it's time to re-evaluate."

That's quite a nasty comment. Having mental health issues doesn't mean you can never be rational, thoughtful or... classy.

by Anonymousreply 12410/05/2013

Amanda Palmer offers a much more intelligent and respectful reply.

by Anonymousreply 12510/05/2013

[quote]Having mental health issues doesn't mean you can never be rational, thoughtful or... classy.

You're right, r124. That was an insensitive and thoughtless comment. What I meant to underline was the irony of Miley attacking Sinéad on her mental issues when Sinéad's letters made much more sense than Miley's behavior.

by Anonymousreply 12610/05/2013

No, that's the typical copout. Women dress/act like whores because they are told to, expected to, pressured to, or paid to. Amanda Palmer's : "WE as women determine what we wear and look like and play the game as our fancy leads us" is total "post feminist" bullshit. Kinda like saying the burqua is empowering...

by Anonymousreply 12710/05/2013

My point is that Amanda's reply was far more intelligent than Miley's whether you agree with her or not. I think she makes some good points about personal freedoms without judgement, and I agree with her that Miley seems to be in control, not the men behind her.

by Anonymousreply 12810/05/2013

Yeah r103, but he's a fool!

by Anonymousreply 13010/05/2013

I defended Miley and bashed Sinead early on in this thread. I would like to retract my opinion now that Sinead has more clearly fleshed out her intentions.

I apologize, Sinead O'Connor. As per usual, you hit a nerve and then massaged it away with tact, decisiveness and wisdom. If I could delete what I wrote here, I would.

by Anonymousreply 13110/05/2013

Wasn't the tweets by Sinead not ever her but someone posing as her?

by Anonymousreply 13210/05/2013

I don't know who Amanda Palmer is but I liked her mashup.

by Anonymousreply 13310/05/2013

Annie Lennox rips Cyrus.....

High style porn with musical accompanient

by Anonymousreply 13410/08/2013

Miley's wit was on display on the Today Show: "So probably around 40, around that time, I heard that's when people don't have sex anymore." She is a genius, like Bieber!

by Anonymousreply 13510/08/2013

Annie Lennox: “It’s depressing to see how these performers are so eager to push this new level of low. Their assumption seems to be that misogyny- utilised and displayed through oneself is totally fine, as long as you are the one creating it. As if it’s all justified by how many millions of dollars and U tube hits you get from behaving like pimp and prostitute at the same time. It’s a glorified and monetized form of self harm.”

true!

by Anonymousreply 13610/08/2013

Go Sinead AND Annie - truth tellers! Miley = spoiled little millennial brat.

by Anonymousreply 13710/08/2013

I can't stand either one of them.

by Anonymousreply 13810/08/2013

I agree, R137!

by Anonymousreply 13910/08/2013

Miley will disavow her slutty past when she becomes a mom, just like the rest of 'em.

She'll slum like a "will hook for drugs" teen runaway for a while...comfortably and safe, of course.

Then when her peers have finished college and start families, she'll have kids and open up a whole new pipeline for her franchise.

She's not in control. How could she be? She's 20, not in college, and partying. She's not learning anything.

She knows how to sing and perform...she's an entertainer. But she doesn't comprehend subtext, intentions, betrayal, inner conflict, power struggles, exploitation, etc.

She probably thinks misogyny is a Miss America candidate.

by Anonymousreply 14010/08/2013

Annie Lennox sums it up so eloquently, without the "your body is for you and your boyfriend" bullshit O'Connor was spewing.

by Anonymousreply 14110/08/2013

Yeah, Annie said it better. Doesn't Miley have boyfriends anyway? Don't get hung up on one phrase. At least Sinead got the ball rolling.

by Anonymousreply 14210/08/2013

Miley is an idiot bitch with a flat, ugly ass, no tits, a fugly dyke haircut and a yeasty tongue.

Still, I wouldn't kick her out of bed.

by Anonymousreply 14310/08/2013

I agree, R142, at least Sinead got the ball rolling. She hit the nail on the head with her points about the music industry, but the g-string cracks and the boyfriend shit crossed the line into a personal attack, from my perspective. Of course, Miley's response was completely bigoted and ugly, and much worse than anything Sinead said.

by Anonymousreply 14410/08/2013

Nobody will say the truth

Miley Cyrus is no artist.

She's a child of privilege and her career is solely due to nepotism.

She's no more talented than any other rich kid given extraordinary privilege, power and money. She's the Meagan McCain of the music industry.

She's had grown men telling her, "Yes, yes, yes, of course you can, yes," for years. I remember when a coworker tried to get tickets to a Hannah Montana concert years ago. He (and everybody else) was stunned to find them impossible to get. I mean, he figured it would be like getting tickets for the usual kids stuff at Madison Square Garden. He didn't realize that Cyrus's handlers were smart enough to book only one night and then advertise the shit out of it well in advance. they knew how to create a sensation. Kids stuff is usually booked for a few weeks at the garden.

So Miley Cyrus becomes this overnight sensation because her 10 million Disney viewers all want o see her in person and her people underbook her across the country. "One Night Only!"

She's been sitting on top of her little world ever since then. She probably doesn't remember a life where people surrounding her haven't been telling her how great she is. Compare this to Annie Lennox, Sinead O'Connor and others who didn't have famous parents or a star-making machinery behind them.

by Anonymousreply 14510/08/2013

true, R145

by Anonymousreply 14610/08/2013

I love that Liam Hemmsworthr ran from Miley as fast as he could.

by Anonymousreply 14710/08/2013

Who cares, R147? How is that in any way relevant to this discussion?

You really don't get it, do you. Please go back to ONTD and engage with the other teenage fangurls.

by Anonymousreply 14810/08/2013

FYI, I failed to mention my coworker was trying to get tickets to take his twin daughters to see Hannah Montana. Otherwise, he sounds kinda freaky.

by Anonymousreply 14910/08/2013

Miley Cyrus fans: Sinead, we urge you to commit suicide.

Do they really speak like that?

by Anonymousreply 15010/10/2013

R145, Sinead and Annie are actually talented, unique one of a kind artists... kinda leaves Miley out in the cold with her bland, self-created drama and stupid ass tongue

by Anonymousreply 15111/07/2013

They zinged Cyrus good on the CMAs(wonder how Billy Ray took to that) and then Show Business Tonight continued with it.... although they didn't mention Cyrus directly, it was hard to miss.

"Taylor Swift is so classy and elegant and talented. This is the way it should be done."

Chorus: "Amen"

by Anonymousreply 15211/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.